AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrienne's Vigil was very nice but small. The weather was ominous. The wind began to blow and then the rain came pouring down. I stood there in the rain talking to her mom and then to Francisco.

Her parents are so nice. The mother so sweet and the father so sad and so broken hearted. Both of them so broken hearted.

I have more to share but will wait until I can.

For now you can read about it here:

Vigil marks 5 weeks since Tempe teen vanished

Dozens of people bowed their heads at Jaycee Park Saturday night as Rick Salinas prayed for his missing daughter during a candlelight vigil.

"We pray that you send your angels in flight to be with her and comfort her. Keep her safe. Keep her from harm," said Rick Salinas.

For the parents of 19-year-old Adrienne Salinas, the past five weeks have been hell. Adrienne was last seen around daybreak on June 15.

Investigators say she was headed to her boyfriend's apartment when she hit a curb and got two flat tires just a few blocks from her apartment near Hardy and 5th Street. Phone records show that she called a cab and asked the driver to meet her at a nearby gas station but Salinas never showed up.

"It's very hard. It's very hard to stay positive, because my emotions betray me," said Adrienne's mother Suzanne Coss.

"Adrienne is a big part of my life and I feel like part of me is missing," said Rick Salinas.

read more

I was looking at Misdemeanor's map. It seems to me the only reason to walk (cut) through the O'Reilly parking would be if you were headed to Harlow's Cafe (more or less). Maybe the Circle K.

So I am checking around on Google Maps. On Google Maps (which is outdated because it is "Checker's") an Apache Taxi is parked at 1010 West University. The property is either for sale or was recently.

What does this mean? Probably absolutely nothing. I can probably find dozens of Taxis in front of dozens of properties. But.....when grasping at straws I came up with a straw.

Plus, I have been thinking about myself at 19 (not something I am fond of doing). I am so glad I am so different now. At any rate, on the occasions when I was out of control and crazy about my relationship it would have been like me to call 11 times in 7 min. But I wouldn't have stopped there.

I might have given it a rest. But unless something/someone changed my course, I would have called 11 time in 7 min again soon (really soon). I would have continued my behavior until I talked/saw my boyfriend. After repeated unanswered calls, I might have shown up at his house but I would not have warned him. I cringed when I saw Glen Close in Fatal Attractions say "I will not be ignored!". Geez, I hate to admit all this.

I know, I am rambling. But it seems to me there was some change in circumstances between the 11 calls and the single ("I am coming over") text.

Ok....enough random talking aloud...

Thanks!!!

I was looking at Misdemeanor's map. It seems to me the only reason to walk (cut) through the O'Reilly parking would be if you were headed to Harlow's Cafe (more or less). Maybe the Circle K.

So I am checking around on Google Maps. On Google Maps (which is outdated because it is "Checker's") an Apache Taxi is parked at 1010 West University. The property is either for sale or was recently.

What does this mean? Probably absolutely nothing. I can probably find dozens of Taxis in front of dozens of properties. But.....when grasping at straws I came up with a straw.

Plus, I have been thinking about myself at 19 (not something I am fond of doing). I am so glad I am so different now. At any rate, on the occasions when I was out of control and crazy about my relationship it would have been like me to call 11 times in 7 min. But I wouldn't have stopped there.

I might have given it a rest. But unless something/someone changed my course, I would have called 11 time in 7 min again soon (really soon). I would have continued my behavior until I talked/saw my boyfriend. After repeated unanswered calls, I might have shown up at his house but I would not have warned him. I cringed when I saw Glen Close in Fatal Attractions say "I will not be ignored!". Geez, I hate to admit all this.

I know, I am rambling. But it seems to me there was some change in circumstances between the 11 calls and the single ("I am coming over") text.

Ok....enough random talking aloud...

Thanks!!!

Hey Suzie! Reading how you were at 19 reminds me so much of me. Are you sure you're not my long lost twin? :)

I was so much like you describe yourself, with only one difference. When there was a very emotional argument I would just 'take off'. It was the old fight or flight syndrome. And I would choose flight because I wanted to remove myself completely and totally away from the situation. I would go get on an airplane and leave. Never mind that my parents were worried sick about me. They didn't count. But then I would always come back home.

I seemed to always choose the wrong boys. I was very attracted to all the boys my parents didn't like. And boy there they right! lol

I think it's great that you shared this with us here. Yes there were times that I was so compulsive that I would do similar stuff too. I can see myself calling and calling and calling and then calling some more. So that doesn't strike me as being all that unusual.

I recall one time driving 100 miles, at 100-120 MPH to break up with a boyfriend I had heard was cheating on me. It's amazing I didn't kill someone.

I was never the kind to put a bunny in a pot, however.

;)

"Missing

Last known alive: , at :

Circumstances: On 06/15/13 at approximately 0344 hours, Adrienne Salinas was involved in a minor motor vehicle collision in the area of Ash Avenue and Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe after she left her residence at 812 W Brown Street #B, Tempe a few minutes earlier. Adrienne is believed to have been enroute to her boyfriend's residence in Scottsdale but never made it there. After the collision, phone records indicate that Adrienne attempted to call a taxi however there are no current indications that she was ever picked up. Adrienne has not been seen or heard from since.
First Name: Adrienne Celeste
Middle Name: Celeste
Last Name: Salinas
Details

Race: White
Ethnicity: Hispanic/Latino
Sex: Female
Height: 66.0
Weight: 107.0
City: Tempe
State: Arizona
Zip: 85281
County: Maricopa
Appearance

Hair: Brown
Head Hair: Between shoulder and upper back in length
Body Hair: N/A
Facial Hair: N/A
Eye: Brown
Scars And Marks: 5' surgical scar on the right side of back, 2 circular catheter scars on abdomen.
Tattoos: Tribal sun on left neck area behind the left ear.
Piercings: Diamond style stud earring in left upper lip.

http://www.missingin.org/reg8668/adrienne_celeste_salinas.htm

while we might disagree about the girl at reillys, which im still hoping we can get that and the 4 door dark car ID'd, i have gut feelings about the tempe lake NOW that i never had, and as i'm a bit confused as to WS policy, im unsure how much can be said here about our suspicions of people involved in the circumsstance of the case, who may.may not be POI, i guess, but to cast such doubts on them, might violate ws code, and i dont wanna get banned for 2-3 days again.

my personal sleuthing over the past 3 days was again bike riding thru oreillys, the lake, her neighborhood, the park, roosevelt.brown, AND i took a ride as well in my car because i wanted to see how ridiculously unsafe the bend of rio salado, which turns into ash going south after bend, really is.

lets just say, 15 mile hr turn signs when she was reportedly going 65, points to how completely eratic she was going. makes me think she was being chased, but there is no evidence of that. and, i still get stuck on the 911 calls which has a caller talk about possibly 2 in vehicle/

the reillys parking lot has VISIBILITy from the 2nd level of the apts to the north of it....

Thank you for your continued pursuit of answers for Adrienne.

When I zoomed out on the Oriely's map that MissD has posted above, I too noticed those apartments to the north. While it seems likely most all of the businesses would still be closed at this 5am hour and the traffic rather quiet, that apartment building looks big. How many apartments would you guess there are in that complex?
If it was AS walking through the parking lot as reported, and she was walking down that street past that complex I wonder if she came across someone coming or going there. It just stood out.

Still, where was Ms. Adrienne heading on her route?

Thanks to those who went to the vigil, and your reports.

Lord, be merciful and give Adrienne's family peace. Please guide and instruct LE on how to find this young woman.

jmo

Adrienne's Vigil was very nice but small. The weather was ominous. The wind began to blow and then the rain came pouring down. I stood there in the rain talking to her mom and then to Francisco.

Her parents are so nice. The mother so sweet and the father so sad and so broken hearted. Both of them so broken hearted.

Dozens of people bowed their heads at Jaycee Park Saturday night as Rick Salinas prayed for his missing daughter during a candlelight vigil.

"We pray that you send your angels in flight to be with her and comfort her. Keep her safe. Keep her from harm," said Rick Salinas.

For the parents of 19-year-old Adrienne Salinas, the past five weeks have been hell. Adrienne was last seen around daybreak on June 15.

Investigators say she was headed to her boyfriend's apartment when she hit a curb and got two flat tires just a few blocks from her apartment near Hardy and 5th Street. Phone records show that she called a cab and asked the driver to meet her at a nearby gas station but Salinas never showed up.

"It's very hard. It's very hard to stay positive, because my emotions betray me," said Adrienne's mother Suzanne Coss.

"Adrienne is a big part of my life and I feel like part of me is missing," said Rick Salinas.

read more

I thank G-d for you.

"
Scars And Marks: 5' surgical scar on the right side of back, 2 circular catheter scars on abdomen.

SBM, BBM - HOLY COW!!!!!

A FIVE FOOT scar on the right side of her back? How long IS her back? She's what, five foot two? So her head is one inch and her legs and feet are one inch and her torso is five feet.
:scared:

(well we got no other news this morning so I'm working with what I've got!)

SBM, BBM - HOLY COW!!!!!

A FIVE FOOT scar on the right side of her back? How long IS her back? She's what, five foot two? So her head is one inch and her legs and feet are one inch and her torso is five feet.

:floorlaugh: This was some wonderful light relief after reading about the vigil and feeling rather sombre about it all.

*phew* at least one person wasn't offended, good! I don't mean any disrespect, its just that most threads that are numbered 3,4,5,11, whatever have a feeling of such desperation and sadness for going on so long, sometimes they can really use some lightening up.

I have been looking for a few things regarding this case and cannot find them. Maybe someone else can help?

1. official police report. MSM keeps saying the police have released the report but I cant' find a copy of it. Can someone else find it? The Tempe PD website doesn't have a copy but it says you can get copies of stuff that is public record by going down there and paying a few bucks. Maybe someone local can do that for us? It has been released so it's publiC anyhow, it just hasn't been publiSHED.

2. can't find online arrest records for Tempe, just info for how to search in person. Anyone got a website that has dockets online for the Tempe area? What county is this, anyhow?

That's a start. Thanks!

read more
Thanks for this report! Being there, you get a chance that we (me) who are in our rooms, looking into a PC screen don't get - you get to sense things about her friends and others that we cannot get.

(Now do I say this without sounding mean spirited?) - Was her BF's other GF there? Was the FBI there since they are now supposed to be involved?
Look forward to reading more that you can share, and thanks!

Ok, some of you are going to think this is unimportant & bear with me as I think outloud but.....

who was the bf's other girlfriend that was there at the party?

That could've been why AS was so infuriated, that could be why she was sitting outside her apartment on the grass, that could be why AS was so ticked off. This other girlfriend had the nerve to show up at AS's own apartment and flirt with her bf. I'd be feeling a bit betrayed. And perhaps this other woman is good friends with AS's roommates and circle of friends?

I think this other girlfriend is what makes AS erratic in the following ways: she may have drank too much, obviously drove crazy & fast resulting in an accident, AS called & texted bf repeatedly and didn't seemingly get the response she wanted (or any at all?), AS wanted to be with bf on the one hand and yet tried to get away from him throughout the night too---mixed emotions; love and betrayal. AS may have even been betrayed by one of her girlfriends after realizing her bf may have been involved with one of her friends.

I think it is important for LE to look into this theory and question the other girlfriend 'cause I feel in my gut there is certainly one. And it does matter. Every detail in this case matters to me 'cause my hinky meter keeps going off.

moo

Like you, I'm curious about the other GF.... I believe she was the catalyst that set Adrienne off that night. How much of a role she played beyond Adrienne being is state blind with the feelings a young gal would have who's losing someone she wants to keep, I have no idea.
I'm not saying anything negative about the other GF, as she may very well be hunted by feeling in this case...
The long exposure time Adrienne had on the streets left her all too vulnerable...

ETA: reading of the scars on her saddens me even more - gotta feel she went through allot in her short life.

This sounds like a kidney operation?

And in an earlier thread it was once said that she had a punctured lung earlier this year iirm.

Whatever happened? Illnesses? Accidents? And now she's disappeared, poor girl.

SBM, BBM - HOLY COW!!!!!

The scar is 5 inches - :)

This sounds like a kidney operation?

And in an earlier thread it was once said that she had a punctured lung earlier this year iirm.

Whatever happened? Illnesses? Accidents? And now she's disappeared, poor girl.

She suffered a collapsed lung this past February.

A thoracotomy is most likely what that back scar is from as that is the size and area of the incision that is consistent with a thoracotomy surgery to repair collapsed lung.

I'm not sure but right now on the news, the father said he saw the video and said it wasn't AS?

:seeya: Welcome!

Thank you for joining us here. We sure could use more local opinions and ideas. Do you have a link for that report or please let us know when one is available! TYIA

jmo

:seeya: Welcome!

Thank you for joining us here. We sure could use more local opinions and ideas. Do you have a link for that report or please let us know when one is available! TYIA

jmo

Yes I've been thinking about this all night as well. I haven't thought it was AS in that video all along - a source or link to this report would help! :)

Been following the posts and learning..... just wondering if anyone knows what cars her family members drive...... and also very intrigued by that chase scenario idea. It would certainly explain her driving 65 mph and the tailgating. Of course, being very intoxicated and angry could also do it! My mind does keep returning to the cab driver. For those of you in the area, is the lake the most likely place to dispose of .... a body?

Been following the posts and learning..... just wondering if anyone knows what cars her family members drive...... and also very intrigued by that chase scenario idea. It would certainly explain her driving 65 mph and the tailgating. Of course, being very intoxicated and angry could also do it! My mind does keep returning to the cab driver. For those of you in the area, is the lake the most likely place to dispose of .... a body?

(warm hug) Welcome.

Thing is the 911 caller didn't witness or report AS car being chased.

If that did happen it surely would help make more sense of this tragic event :(

(warm hug) Welcome.

Thing is the 911 caller didn't witness or report AS car being chased.

If that did happen it surely would help make more sense of this tragic event :(

I think SOMETHING was going on in that car between Adrienne and someone else. An unknown person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member