NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramswon1, i have wondered that from the start. If he NEVER takes the train then why look there? Also, IM did say that he used to ride those trails, thats why she wanted to search there.

No matter how amny theories are thrown out there, everything for me comes back to the car and why it was there. There are only 2 plausible reasons, one that he left it there himself, or two, that someone he knew put it there. A criminal attempting to hurt him would have NO idea he had ever parked the car there. Also, if he hadn't parked there in 6 years, why did the family even think to look there??????

Excellent points, especially what I bolded.

No matter how amny theories are thrown out there, everything for me comes back to the car and why it was there. There are only 2 plausible reasons, one that he left it there himself, or two, that someone he knew put it there. A criminal attempting to hurt him would have NO idea he had ever parked the car there. Also, if he hadn't parked there in 6 years, why did the family even think to look there??????

Since it wasn't found until the next day, my guess would be that they were checking all public parking areas. If I were searching for a car I'd check malls, train stations, airports...

IMO he did not park that car there himself.

I have a hard time believing foul play, because his car was parked at the station, and because it was parked in the same spot it is rumored he used to park in years ago. who would know where he would park? why would someone go through so much effort to cover up a crime with such detail? i can see someone close to him paying attention to these details, but not some random guy from the scrap yard. I'm still believing he left on his own (for whatever reason) and if he did, then everything makes sense. no matter how much he loves the car, if you're about to walk away from your kids, you life, your everything... the car loses value. it can be parked at the train station you'd "never" park at, you could put a bike in the back seat and not care about your interior suffering minor damage (if any). I just think there's too many "coincidences" for this to have just been something that "happened" to him one Friday afternoon. the wallet, the phone, the car being parked where he parked 6 yrs ago. and the possibility of the bike being missing.

also, on the FB page IM sarcastically invited someone to RMs "welcome home" party and said something like 'you'll have to get in line behind me to give him his beating'
I found that a very odd thing to say.

Has anyone read the book "Gone Girl"?
I just finished reading it, and to summarize, a wife goes missing on her 5th wedding anniversary. At one point in the book, husband believes she ran away, and he goes to the media and tells his wife basically "come home, I will keep you safe". Almost a direct quote of what IM has said- coincidence? Just throwing it out there- this book is a New York Times bestseller for 59 weeks now- just thought it was interesting, almost the exact quote. Keep the theories coming, I love reading everyones' posts!

At the risk of being "poofed", one thing about the FB search page, it seems to me to be very member driven. Lots of suggestions on actions to take, people and sites to contact, but not much family response. For example, just read NAMUS website still has no picture???? And another site only family can register the missing but still not registered I can't believe that. Also, where is family and friends in all this. You never see any family support. This has been bothering me for a while now.

Has anyone read the book "Gone Girl"?
I just finished reading it, and to summarize, a wife goes missing on her 5th wedding anniversary. At one point in the book, husband believes she ran away, and he goes to the media and tells his wife basically "come home, I will keep you safe". Almost a direct quote of what IM has said- coincidence? Just throwing it out there- this book is a New York Times bestseller for 59 weeks now- just thought it was interesting, almost the exact quote. Keep the theories coming, I love reading everyones' posts!

I want to read that. Sounds good.

BRAVO Ramswon1---never took the railroad--would never leave THE CAR at train station esp one that had no security cameras

desensitized--she posted that?? That is ano oadd thing to say--One could surmise that IM knows where he is, why he left and when he is coming back. MOO but yes??

Lucymoosey--no I haven't-will try to check it out from library--and isn't that interesting!!

And regarding my question on IM seeing a psychic--She tried contacting LI Medium who only speaks to the dead-so IM knows RM is still alive and would not be inerested to see if deceased family memebers would offer info?

CuriousAmI--that's is something I have noticed too-- not alot of family involvement.
And if you are "poofed"-let me know--I will still speculate along with you--lol

For those whose theory it is that he left voluntarily, the question keeps coming back to "why go to work that day"? He certainly had a greater opportunity for a much cleaner jump on his getaway at 4:30am when he supposedly left the house. Did he need to go to work to score his last haul of copper to bring to the scrap yard for additional cash? Why do this on getaway day? It just complicates things. IF he left voluntarily, this was a great plan with few clues to track him down. However, it then does not make sense that he'd be so poorly prepared financially that he'd need to make that last haul. And, if that's not what he was doing, then why go to work at all? And.......if you are like me and believe ncny's claim of an alleged video of rm's car being at/near the house at 2:45-ish, I think that blows the whole "left voluntarily" theory out of the water. The risk of being seen was too great for him. Although I admit, apparently he wasn't by human eye, only on video (maybe).

For those whose theory it is that he left voluntarily, the question keeps coming back to "why go to work that day"? He certainly had a greater opportunity for a much cleaner jump on his getaway at 4:30am when he supposedly left the house. Did he need to go to work to score his last haul of copper to bring to the scrap yard for additional cash? Why do this on getaway day? It just complicates things. IF he left voluntarily, this was a great plan with few clues to track him down. However, it then does not make sense that he'd be so poorly prepared financially that he'd need to make that last haul. And, if that's not what he was doing, then why go to work at all? And.......if you are like me and believe ncny's claim of an alleged video of rm's car being at/near the house at 2:45-ish, I think that blows the whole "left voluntarily" theory out of the water. The risk of being seen was too great for him. Although I admit, apparently he wasn't by human eye, only on video (maybe).

In response, I now believe he left. Why not finish the work week, then take off?
There is absolutely nothing to substantiate anything about copper. Nothing.

The video in question is hearsay as far as I'm concerned, IM said so.
But then again who do we believe? I think MHO, media is staying away for good reason.

In my heart of hearts, I truly hope Rob is alive and well somewhere. :seeya:

There is a scrap yard right down the road from the train station. If he went to one scrap yard that day, perhaps he went to another.

Or, perhaps he met someone at the train station that he has met there before and met with foul play.

The possible scenarios are endless.

Clemenza-- I think RM going to work perpetuates the whole "ordinary day that these extraordinary things happened" scenario. He was seen by alot of people, interacting with him, had that 45 minute phone call with IM.

Also working on Friday puts him into the new payroll cycle-could have something to do with that.

In response, I now believe he left. Why not finish the work week, then take off?
There is absolutely nothing to substantiate anything about copper. Nothing.

The video in question is hearsay as far as I'm concerned, IM said so.
But then again who do we believe? I think MHO, media is staying away for good reason.

In my heart of hearts, I truly hope Rob is alive and well somewhere. :seeya:

I do not have anything that substantiates he is stealing copper or that's what he sold at the yard. It was speculation on reason for going to work that day. Maybe I'm weird, but if I were planning on running away, I would not go to work on getaway day. Heck, I'm not going anywhere and most days I don't want to go to work.

I had the same question. If he wanted to put the most distance between himself and has family before anyone became alarmed it seems like he may have reported to work ( so the boss isn't calling your house) and possibly taken a " personal/ sick " day soon after. And why not leave the car and take off closer to work. Seems the car would have been far more difficult to find.

I think "being seen" is important. Part of the "whole mysterious disappearance" scenario.
Again--this is my opinion and has been from the start. And I further will offer that RM had help concocting this event ( I will call it). The fact that no info is forth coming, the family is not shouting from the rooftops and the Union is distancing itself tells me that this was totally voluntary and a hell of alot of people know it.
This is MOO and forgive my anger but people victimizing themselves makes me furious.

I stated a few weeks ago perhaps he wanted to pick up some personal stuff at work. And who's to say he came home from work at all. A phone ping on LI is the only real evidence. What if he tossed the phone as he "walked away" and someone just found it. Co-workers say they saw his car in Brooklyn, but no public interviews have been substantiated. I can see co- workers just saying they saw his car when asked by the "wife". Don't guys stick together when the "wife" is asking questions about the whereabouts of a husband? That old bar sign comes to mind "$1 you're not here, $2 you just left". Etc.

Or he worked that Friday because whoever was picking him up at train station could only get there in the afternoon? Go to work, get paid for that day, do transaction at scrap yard for some extra cash, get car to train station in time to meet his ride.

Clemenza-- I think RM going to work perpetuates the whole "ordinary day that these extraordinary things happened" scenario. He was seen by alot of people, interacting with him, had that 45 minute phone call with IM.

Also working on Friday puts him into the new payroll cycle-could have something to do with that.

45 minute call is unsubstantiated rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie