GUILTY GA - Amber Whited, 22, Glynn Cty, 16 July 2013

Reporters interview Brasiel's grandfather, plus info on Brasiel's criminal record:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...ts-grandfather-speaks-out-about-Whiteds-death

Brasiel said his grandson has been living at his his home in Waynesville for the last six months.
"This boy and his mother have jeopardized my home. He's jeopardized our lives," said Brasiel.

Brantley County Clerk of Court records show Raymond Brasiel has had four arrests since 2009 for statutory rape, manufacturing meth, criminal trespass and theft by taking and simple assault. Two more charges of murder and aggravated assault have been added with the double stabbing that killed 50-year-old Bobby Lee Jenks and injured 46-year-old Mickie Lee Jenks. Now, Glynn County Chief of Police Matt Doering said a murder charge for Amber Whited is on the way for Raymond Brasiel.

The way that the mother is mentioned is something I find interesting. Also, where is the kid's dad? Somehow, I knew we weren't going to hear about a kid raised in a gated community. I wonder how "simple" the assault was.

More on Brasiel's court appearance in Jenkses case, plus also perhaps an explanation of some of the grandfather's comments in the article I referenced a couple posts up.
Also in this same article, Amber's grandmother, Edith Whited, said she doubts that Amber had ever met Brasiel and doesn’t know why she was killed, states she was a fighter.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...two-murders-appearing-glynn-county-magistrate

On the day before the Jenkses were attacked, Brasiel was due in Magistrate Court there to answer a charge of disorderly conduct. According to a citation, Brasiel “jumped on [his] brother-in-law’’ on the evening of June 15.
“Now I know why he wasn’t in court,’’ Brantley County Magistrate Jeff Thomas told the Times-Union.
He was taken into custody at his family’s mobile home at 2271 Murphy Road in the Waynesville community Friday as the Glynn County police and Brantley County Sheriff’s Office investigated the Jenkses’ stabbings.
In executing a search warrant of the house, Brantley County officers found ingredients for producing methamphetamine, investigator Craig Pittman said.
They arrested Brasiel’s mother, Tracy Ragan, her boyfriend, Paul Westcott, his uncle, Dewayne Brasiel, and his sister Ashley Brasiel, all on charges possession of substances with the intent to produce methamphetamine and the possession and use of drug-related objects, Pittman said.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...pearing-glynn-county-magistrate#ixzz2ZqHAbhMu

So this guy's assault on the Jenkses led to the investigators finding a Brasiel family meth lab, apparently while grandma and grandpa were at the hospital?! Wow, classy.

Also, Google maps doesn't appear to like displaying Murphy Road, but it appears to be the second road south of the Bladen Road intersection with Post Road, if you're heading south on Post Road.

I am not surprised. Just imagine what that kid's childhood was probably like. I think his soul died a long time ago. I wish he had taken his own life instead taking two others.

It seems like LE was sandbagging. It's hard to believe they've been to his house on several occasions to question family members regarding the Jenks case and her body was so close to their house.

If the Jenks are neighbors, one of them may have noticed something themselves and raised questioned about it. That may be why he went over in the wee hours to kill these potential witnesses to her body being found.

With all that boondocks around, he brought her back to his own home.
The guy must be freaking insane and wanted to go and check on her after her death.

I don't understand how she could have been literally right under their noses since the Friday arrest.

I'm going to hope she was found sooner than what they are announcing today.
It's hard to think of the poor girl in those woods all that time.

Peace be upon her family.

Noting the close proximity to the residence.

Noting the close proximity to the residence.
What's interesting to me is that the police detectives found the body through observation of an out-of-the-norm trail (like something had been dragged along a foot trail) in those woods. Based on the video of the local news, her body was found on the east side of Bladen, where it intersects with 99. The TV news showed 2 marked evidence-tech style vans there, a large number of marked and unmarked police cars, and a pop-up canopy open on the side of the road at that location.

If you look at GoogleMaps street view of the intersection of 99 and Bladen (from 99 looking at Bladen) you'll see the speed limit sign where later news video showed the informal shrine to Amber starting. From both of those perspectives, it's clear to me that her body was found at that end of Bladen.

I am guessing that the detective probably spotted the unusual trail as their car was slowing for the bend in the road and the stopsign at 99.

I did a GIS search of property records along Bladen Road, and most of it is owned by timber companies; that area could have gone undisturbed for years until the trees were ready for harvesting, unless someone bumbled across the body while hunting.

Based on Googlemaps info, Bladen is 6.6 miles long,, converting from paved road to dirt a little over a mile from the intersection with 99, then remains dirt until Post Road. It's only .3 miles to Murphy Road from the west end of Bladen.

What's also interesting to me is the timeline. From the articles, it's apparent they searched the Blaisden family property on Murphy Road on Friday 7/19, and arrested Blasiel and other family members (http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...nty-magistrate).

So on Sunday 7/21, did the detectives travel down Bladen to get to Murphy (perhaps to interview the grandfather after he returned from the hospital where he stated he'd been with his wife ( http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...-Whiteds-death) ? Or are there other extended family members living off the east side of Bladen who they went to interview? There are multiple homes off Strickland Road, accessible from the east side of Bladen, and a handful down private drives before Bladen turns to dirt. West of that, it's owned by timber-related companies (and the southern side of Bladen appears to be all timber-related companies too).

The reason I'm pondering this is because if there is extended family on or near the east end of Bladen, then there's a chance for more potential witnesses. Also if Amber was not killed in that spot of the woods, but her body was dumped there ("The detectives noticed flattened grass that looked like someone dragged a body into the woods." from
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...ely-identified-as/Mz0v5yMF5UWrB-Ax5nIUiA.cspx) , then they still need to find the primary crime scene - perhaps near/at one of those other family members' homes? If they did find evidence of the Murphy Road location being their primary crime scene, they sure didn't tell that to the press yet, or that info would have made at least one of the recent news articles.

MOO

Nancy Grace is going to be interviewing Ambers mom momentarily on HLN.

What a horribly sad story! Brasiel sounds like the proverbial monster and his family completely dysfunctional. A disaster waiting to happen. I'm so sorry Amber and the Jenks got caught in this nightmare. My condolences to Mrs. Jenks and Amber's family, especially her children.

Apparently Savannah's ME (who covers Glynn County too) doesn't have the expertise needed for the autopsy. Sad to see this drawn out even more for her family.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...ke-a-month-Family/_SnEb1TLIk-ILHOeJFyH3Q.cspx

Action News has learned Amber's body was transferred from Savannah, Ga. to Atlanta on Friday. We found out that the local medical examiner's office doesn't have the forensic expert needed to complete the full autopsy. Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering tells us it could be two to three more weeks before the family can lay Amber to rest.

In May 2014, Amber's killer pled guilty but mentally ill in this case.

After hearing the details of Brasiel's mental-health history, Superior Court Judge Roger B. Lane accepted the plea and sentenced the 22-year-old to consecutive life terms without parole for the murders of Bobby Lee Jenks and Amber Whited. That sentence will be followed by a 20-year sentence for the knife attack on Jenks' wife, Mickie.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...whited-murder-raymond-brasiel-guilty/9054263/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back