AZ AZ - Amy Yachimec, 13, Phoenix, 6 Nov 1981

Does anyone know if Amy was already ruled-out? She would be a good match for Princess Doe, and I'm not sure if she was even on the rule-out or PM list on the Princess Doe website.

She has not been ruled out. I emailed the moderator of the Princes Doe site about changing Alison Mims to a rule-out and he did get back to me and say thanks, but never updated the site, so it would appear he has abandoned it; I also emailed Rocky Wells at doenetwork.org about the possible match and he emailed back and said the possible match has already been submitted and is being investigated. I asked how long it normally takes to confirm or rule out a match and he said: "We have to wait for a ruling from law enforcement so I can only say..when and if they decide to release the information." So it sounds like they are really looking into Amy being Princess Doe. I never considered the idea that the police would not release the match to the public, in case it might compromise their murder investigation (spook the killer into hiding, tip him off, etc.) We can only wait and see!

That sounds great! I also e-mailed the moderator about changing Allison Marie Mims on the list since she had been found already, and he wrote back saying thanks. I also think the site is abandoned and the list on there may be iffy. I wrote a few years ago to him actually so its been awhile

:bump:

Has there been any updates?

I think Amy is good match for Princess Doe too! I think there is enough similarity there.

I find what Amy's friend said on the first page very interesting, that her neighbours threatened to kidnap her and sell her into sex slavery! That's very specific and hurtful to say to a young girl no matter what she has done. I know that it seems like they're the perpetrators according to the thread and what's been written, but that's such a specific and detailed threat! I've never heard anything like it. Poor Amy. What horrible people!

This post from her sister says that she went with "these people" willingly - this would have to be the neighbors, I'm assuming. Also, that she had gone with them once before, and tried to wake her sister to go along also (on the night she disappeared for good).

I know the sister hasn't posted in a long time, and we can only speculate, but this seems to jar with the friend saying she was scared of the neighbors. And I know that teens can and do sneak out of the house, but it takes a fair amount of chutzpah to do so at 13 - especially when she wasn't meeting up with friends, but with adult neighbors who were, at the least, pretty sketchy.

If the friend was correct, how might the neighbors have overcome her fear to the extent that she actually snuck out to meet them in the dead of night? If any of her friends are reading, would that have been in character for her? Was sneaking out of the house a fairly common thing in her circle of friends, or would the group have been surprised by anyone doing it?

<snip> Unfortunately she went with these people willingly, they befriended her and she tried to wake me up the night she disappeared for good, but I didn't want to go. This was the second night that she had gone with them, and the only reason she was not murdered the first night is because they were stopped by the police, so they brought her back home.

If you mean the area it was 35th Avenue and Van Buren. As for her exact address that I don't know. I'm not even sure if the property she lived at is still there. The area wasn't the greatest back then and has really gone down hill from there. Things rundown, torn down, burned down. It's changed a lot.

That was my old stomping grounds. I don't recall her case. I would have been 15 in 1981. Good luck finding your sweet friend.

bumping, as I've always thought this case was solvable...

She left to go to a party with a neighbor that was sketchy. It sounds like (from Amy's sister that posted in 2011), that they are pretty suspicious of the neighbor, but couldn't find her body, so had no case back then.

She was just 13.

Bumping for Amy :bump:

Has anyone tried looking for doe's that fit Amy's stats that were found along I-51? That's where Amy's sister says that the police said she was murdered, as well as that her body is probably somewhere in the desert.

Poor thing.

The Amy Marie Yachimec Facebook page has been updated. They got him. It is the same person Anita named in the beginning of the thread all those years ago. There is an arraignment tomorrow morning and an evidentiary hearing tomorrow afternoon.

Amy has not been found to my knowledge. Still, it's good that the wheels of justice are finally turning for Amy and her family.

The Amy Marie Yachimec Facebook page has been updated. They got him. It is the same person Anita named in the beginning of the thread all those years ago. There is an arraignment tomorrow morning and an evidentiary hearing tomorrow afternoon.

Amy has not been found to my knowledge. Still, it's good that the wheels of justice are finally turning for Amy and her family.

Good News .... now that the perp is in custody I hope they find her
c54f6170_pray.gif

Stumbled upon Amy's case today! It took far too long to arrest Diaz for what he did to Amy. Showing up naked at her home asking her family what is wrong (before she was found to be missing even and being that she was last seen with them!) is the weirdest thing I ever heard. Only a psychopath would see that as not looking suspicious! I shudder to think of the victims that could have been spared if he was arrested long ago especially being he was already in prison for a kidnapping and sexual crime!

Anyways, anyone else find it inappropriate two 20 somethings are befriending and partying with a 13 year old?

Given his behavior that night it sounds like Diaz was high on something. Could he have got Amy high and then she OD’d? That might have what prompted him to see if she was ok thinking she went home or something. Just a theory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back