Kyron Horman's mom's civil suit against Terri Horman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think Dede was involved, but I can't figure out HOW/WHY. Her possible involvement is one of the puzzling aspects of this case for me. Is she possible that she was an accessory to the case...but she didn't realize it at the time? But there have been cases of two people who commit murder together. Two woman in their 40's killing a little boy...Yes, it's unusual but who knows, maybe Terri would always talk to Dede about how much she hated Kyron, and Dede agreed to help her get rid of him?

DeDe has a missing chunk of time from her job that day landscaping.
From what I recall, it was never accounted for and she refused to talk. As an aside, her father worked for the local Sheriff's Dept. either then or prior to this event.

Wasn't there also phone calls, between her and TH? And my recollection is now foggy all these years later, but on TH's old FB wasn't there some talk of cells phone you purchase at convenience stores? The kind that cannot be tracked.

DeDe was TH's friend at the local gym, where she kept a retinue of hanger ons.

The article I read just said she was disappointed as was Kyron's father, but not that it would not be later on reinstituted. They were deferring to the Detectives and the Police apparently, because if stuff came out during the Civil case, then it jeopardizes a potential case they are building.
They don't want the information leaked or records subpoenaed for the public to see just yet . Legally, it would help HER defense to know exactly what the police have on her.

That gives us hope that they are coming to a head perhaps, and have something serious enough they are considering behind the scenes.

i know this is an unpopular opinion but i don't think Terri was involved. I think LE had tunnel vision set on her from the very beginning and weren't running appropriate parallel investigations into other possibilities.

at the beginning i thought terri was involved and held this opinion for a long time but now it's just not adding up. i strongly believe we have a sexual predator on the loose and I think LE bungled this case from the get-go. It's very sad and my heart breaks for Kyron.

Wasn't there also phone calls, between her and TH? And my recollection is now foggy all these years later, but on TH's old FB wasn't there some talk of cells phone you purchase at convenience stores? The kind that cannot be tracked.

RS/BBM.

In page 18 of 21 of the attached PDF, Terri talks about a "clean phone" and "flashing" of cell phones. There may have been more discussion about these on FB or whatever, but this is one place I knew there was mention of them.

These are the texts between her and Michael Cook. I don't think there is one single piece of information that has been released that shows this woman's mindset better than these. You can tell that these are incomplete, but the ones that are shown start on June 30th. 24 days after Kyron goes missing, this woman is talking about the stuff she's talking about. Needless to say, these are graphic, so proceed with caution. Each time I read these, I just shake my head in disgust. Your stepson is missing and you are boasting about your sexual skills and sending dirty pics?

Give me a break. She couldn't care less about Kyron. :twocents:

Attachments

• redacted-text-messages.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
RS/BBM.

In page 18 of 21 of the attached PDF, Terri talks about a "clean phone" and "flashing" of cell phones. There may have been more discussion about these on FB or whatever, but this is one place I knew there was mention of them.

These are the texts between her and Michael Cook. I don't think there is one single piece of information that has been released that shows this woman's mindset better than these. You can tell that these are incomplete, but the ones that are shown start on June 30th. 24 days after Kyron goes missing, this woman is talking about the stuff she's talking about. Needless to say, these are graphic, so proceed with caution. Each time I read these, I just shake my head in disgust. Your stepson is missing and you are boasting about your sexual skills and sending dirty pics?

Give me a break. She couldn't care less about Kyron. :twocents:

i agree that it's inappropriate but it doesn't mean she was involved. if they had any evidence she was involved she would be sitting in a jail cell. it doesn't take much to get an indictment from a grand jury.

i know this is an unpopular opinion but i don't think Terri was involved. I think LE had tunnel vision set on her from the very beginning and weren't running appropriate parallel investigations into other possibilities.

at the beginning i thought terri was involved and held this opinion for a long time but now it's just not adding up. i strongly believe we have a sexual predator on the loose and I think LE bungled this case from the get-go. It's very sad and my heart breaks for Kyron.

I might agree with you if Terri wasn't doing everything she can to roadblock the police's investigation. As far as I know she hasn't taken a lie detector test or offered a solid alibi. JMO

I might agree with you if Terri wasn't doing everything she can to roadblock the police's investigation. As far as I know she hasn't taken a lie detector test or offered a solid alibi. JMO

That is exactly what Terri has done--roadblock the investigation. Actually, Terri failed the first polygraph, walked out on the second one, and failed the third polygraph. The whole purpose of giving lie detectors to the immediate family is to rule them out so that the investigation can move forward away from the family. There were just too many inconsistencies with Terri to move the investigation away from her.

i agree that it's inappropriate but it doesn't mean she was involved. if they had any evidence she was involved she would be sitting in a jail cell. it doesn't take much to get an indictment from a grand jury.

I respectfully disagree--there are many cases (especially involving missing children because a child doesn't leave an electronic footprint like an adult can) in which there is a lot of circumstantial evidence that an individual is involved and no arrests are made. Shawn Atkins, Mark Redwine, and Justin DiPietro come to mind. Furthermore, the ability to get an indictment varies by state, and even jurisdiction. In many cases, without a body an indictment is very unlikely.

I respectfully disagree--there are many cases (especially involving missing children because a child doesn't leave an electronic footprint like an adult can) in which there is a lot of circumstantial evidence that an individual is involved and no arrests are made. Shawn Atkins, Mark Redwine, and Justin DiPietro come to mind. Furthermore, the ability to get an indictment varies by state, and even jurisdiction. In many cases, without a body an indictment is very unlikely.

Getting an indictment and getting a conviction are two totally different things. The cliche' I think is that you can indict a ham sandwich. However, convicting one is much harder.

There must be enough evidence to convict, and a lot of prosecutors hold a very high standard of proof. Nobody wants to take a killer to trial and fail to convict. There's only one chance to do so.

I am guessing that all evidence against Terri is circumstantial. Some successful cases are completely circumstantial, so I don't think LE has enough to do anything here. They also have witnesses from the early days who claimed to see Kyron after she left the school, as well as the report that he was seen with a man near a truck. None of those things would be ignored by the defense. Right now, I have seen nothing to show TH did anything to harm Kyron on that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get