Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm sorry, I hope that this reminder wasn't for me over the couple of posts I recently flagged (#744 and #753) because I was being quoted for a post that had been removed. I am just trying to help the mods, going by what Cold Pizza had explained in post #742 on this thread, when they said 'If you quote a post that had to be removed, your post gets removed also'

Additionally, I think being registered under a fake name turns a pay-as-you-go phone into a burner phone.

Another name for a burner phone is a pay as you go phone. Half the people I deal with on a daily basis have pay as you go phones and the reasons vary; many say that they have been burned (no pun intended) by huge monthly bills and long contracts before and wish to avoid that. Many people are careless with their phones and break them regularly, and having a pay as you go phone is cheaper to replace. Many people buy them for the privacy it affords them to not have a phone bill in their name, especially those who mistrust the system, and some people just have no credit and can only get a pay as you go phone.

I strongly believe that if only criminals bought them, they would either be outlawed, or the police could just sit outside cell phone stores and watch for criminals to buy them, and then they would always know who the bad guys were. So I have to disagree, many innocent people own so called burner phones.

Can I ask, please, are you typing from a cell phone or some device that does not let you speak in full sentences? I find your paragraphs slightly hard to comprehend, no offence, I hope.

"Pay as you go" is a plan linked to a sim card, not necessarily a physical phone. Sure, you can buy "Pay as you go" phones, but there is nothing special about the phone, it usually just means they are basic and don't come with a monthly plan. Physically they are still the same. I could go out right now and buy a new Galaxy S4 for 6 or 7 hundred bucks, put my PAYG sim card in it, and it would become a pay as you go phone.

I'm not sure it matters who handled the paperwork of the transaction if both the incinerator and a burned body were found on Dellen Millard's property. Having a flunky arrange the sale doesn't grant plausible deniability.

In your theory above, someone intercedes after the test drive and kills TB and does the frame up. Does this mean you believe DM was at the other test drives and used the burner phone to set them up? Or do you have another theory that includes the test drives happening legitimately but the burner phone being neither DM's or MS's, just planted somehow? (I'm just always interested in a unified conspiracy theory that manages to keep all the many plates spinning at once, so to speak.)

Although I admittedly never have given much thought to the pay as you go phone, (I dislike calling it a burner phone, as again, many, many, law abiding citizens own these devices), I would have to say that I do believe, because of the timing of TB's phone being turned off and it's relation to his home at the time of shut off, that DM and MS did go on the test drives legitimately but that TB was killed after they parted ways, on his way home. I also believe then, that it would only make sense that the phone in question had to have been in hands of at least one of the people at the test drive, otherwise, how would they know where and when to meet the owners of the vehicles? Unless, I guess it is possible, a friend/flunky of DM's told him, 'Hey, I made you an appointment for a test drive for you at such and such a place and time because I knew you were looking for a truck'.

Or alternatively, since I am now thinking about a flunky, a flunky with a cell phone could have arranged the test drives. Brought a similar looking friend or two, drawn on some tattoos to match the ones he has seen on DM ( which could then explain some of the questions some people have had regarding whether or not the tattoo had a box around the word ambition) and then said flunky could have gone on the test drives, said flunky could have killed TB, brought the body to the farm, and desecrated it, and then could have also had access to DM's hanger to retrieve the trailer to stash the truck in, and could have looked up MB's address to bring the trailer to. That would also fit, as far as I can tell. Then I can see a flunky thinking that leaving a body there was a good idea, anything that would point away from the flunky and to DM would seem like good planning and a great way to cover your tracks, wouldn't it?

I actually think that having a flunky going around arranging sales for you, and likely then handling some other aspects of your business which give them access to personal information, financial signing ability, and possibly access to your properties and belongings as well, makes it far more plausible that DM is telling the truth when he claims that he is innocent, in my opinion. That could explain both the incinerator purchase and the body being found on his property and the truck being found at the mother's house, a trusted flunky could have access to all of those things.

Has the phone ever been recovered, do we know? We know it is in a false name, but that could have been known just because it was put under a Bart Simpson-esqe moniker. I don't recall LE saying that it had been recovered, just that it had been turned off. Does anyone know if, when you break a phone beyond repair, does it seem to be turned off? Also, if your battery dies because it is lost somewhere, would it appear to be turned off?

Although I admittedly never have given much thought to the pay as you go phone, (I dislike calling it a burner phone, as again, many, many, law abiding citizens own these devices), I would have to say that I do believe, because of the timing of TB's phone being turned off and it's relation to his home at the time of shut off, that DM and MS did go on the test drives legitimately but that TB was killed after they parted ways, on his way home. I also believe then, that it would only make sense that the phone in question had to have been in hands of at least one of the people at the test drive, otherwise, how would they know where and when to meet the owners of the vehicles? Unless, I guess it is possible, a friend/flunky of DM's told him, 'Hey, I made you an appointment for a test drive for you at such and such a place and time because I knew you were looking for a truck'.

Or alternatively, since I am now thinking about a flunky, a flunky with a cell phone could have arranged the test drives. Brought a similar looking friend or two, drawn on some tattoos to match the ones he has seen on DM ( which could then explain some of the questions some people have had regarding whether or not the tattoo had a box around the word ambition) and then said flunky could have gone on the test drives, said flunky could have killed TB, brought the body to the farm, and desecrated it, and then could have also had access to DM's hanger to retrieve the trailer to stash the truck in, and could have looked up MB's address to bring the trailer to. That would also fit, as far as I can tell. Then I can see a flunky thinking that leaving a body there was a good idea, anything that would point away from the flunky and to DM would seem like good planning and a great way to cover your tracks, wouldn't it?

I actually think that having a flunky going around arranging sales for you, and likely then handling some other aspects of your business which give them access to personal information, financial signing ability, and possibly access to your properties and belongings as well, makes it far more plausible that DM is telling the truth when he claims that he is innocent, in my opinion. That could explain both the incinerator purchase and the body being found on his property and the truck being found at the mother's house, a trusted flunky could have access to all of those things.

Has the phone ever been recovered, do we know? We know it is in a false name, but that could have been known just because it was put under a Bart Simpson-esqe moniker. I don't recall LE saying that it had been recovered, just that it had been turned off. Does anyone know if, when you break a phone beyond repair, does it seem to be turned off? Also, if your battery dies because it is lost somewhere, would it appear to be turned off?

This theory begs the question.....Why wouldn't DM after hearing about TB missing, ,looking for the tattoo... go to the police and say hey, it wasn't me. Any normal person, who had just test driven someone's vehicle, and they end up missing and the police are searching for a guy with an ambition tattoo ..... wouldn't they say,,,,,, " Holy **** or WTF I better clear my name right away, or get a lawyer right away and then go in and clear my good name. Both MS and DM had to be followed and then arrested, then they hired lawyers. Just my opinion.... court details will be so interesting.

Quite a few years ago, a very close family friend was arrested and detained on assault and robbery charges, he was at Toronto International Airport when the arrest occurred, on his way to my brother's wedding. He had been arrested based on matching description of his appearance by the victim, further to that, the actual suspect, and close family friend shared the exact same name, how bizarre, but none the less, it is fact.

The family friend was able to provide proof and alibis, that he was in no way involved in the crimes he was being accused of even though he and the actual perp shared the SAME NAME, and he was released. And, was released in time to make it to my brother's wedding! The actual perp was later apprehended, arrested and charged.

My point with this story is that if DM and MS were not involved, I think they would have been able to prove it by now, and would be free. :moo:

The story about TB's phone being shut off within a mile of his house was from a story that came from ".....dozens of exclusive interviews with Bosma’s friends". IMO it's nothing more than rumour / hearsay.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/18/tim_bosma_the_painful_search_for_a_missing_man.html

On the other hand...

"The information police were able to get from Bosma's phone is very vague, and has allowed them to narrow down the last ping only within a 50 km radius, because of the rural area's poor reception.

"That goes into Grimsby, Six Nations…totally outside of our area," Detective Sergeant Matt Kavanagh said. "

Seems a lot more reliable info to me!

http://news.ca.msn.com/ontario/hamilton/“please-let-him-come-home”-pleads-tim-bosma’s-wife

Also, while the flunky imposter was out framing DM, why was DM following him around in his Yukon? Or did the imposter steal or borrow that as well?

"Earlier in the investigation we spoke about a second vehicle that was involved in this incident that was captured on video. Police have determined that this vehicle was a dark blue Yukon owned by Dellen Millard."

http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/HPS/News/secondarrest.htm

Quite a few years ago, a very close family friend was arrested and detained on assault and robbery charges, he was at Toronto International Airport when the arrest occurred, on his way to my brother's wedding. He had been arrested based on matching description of his appearance by the victim, further to that, the actual suspect, and close family friend shared the exact same name, how bizarre, but none the less, it is fact.

The family friend was able to provide proof and alibis, that he was in no way involved in the crimes he was being accused of even though he and the actual perp shared the SAME NAME, and he was released. And, was released in time to make it to my brother's wedding! The actual perp was later apprehended, arrested and charged.

My point with this story is that if DM and MS were not involved, I think they would have been able to prove it by now, and would be free. :moo:

DM also wouldn't be 'remorseful' !!

"Paradkar said his client is “remorseful” for Bosma’s death but maintains his innocence."

Remorse is an emotional expression of personal regret felt by a person after he or she has committed an act which they deem to be shameful, hurtful, or violent. Remorse is closely allied to guilt and self-directed resentment. When a person regrets an earlier action or failure to act, it may be because of remorse or in response to various other consequences, including being punished for the act or omission. In a legal context, the perceived remorse of an offender is assessed by Western justice systems during trials, sentencing, parole hearings, and in restorative justice. However, it has been pointed out that epistemological problems arise in assessing an offender's level of remorse.[1]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remorse"]Remorse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

"Paradkar said his client is “remorseful” for Bosma’s death but maintains his innocence."

Remorse is an emotional expression of personal regret felt by a person after he or she has committed an act which they deem to be shameful, hurtful, or violent. Remorse is closely allied to guilt and self-directed resentment. When a person regrets an earlier action or failure to act, it may be because of remorse or in response to various other consequences, including being punished for the act or omission. In a legal context, the perceived remorse of an offender is assessed by Western justice systems during trials, sentencing, parole hearings, and in restorative justice. However, it has been pointed out that epistemological problems arise in assessing an offender's level of remorse.[1]

Remorse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So true! My family friend which I referenced felt no remorse for what had happened considering he had no involvement, therefore how could he feel remorse for something he had no knowledge of.

This theory begs the question.....Why wouldn't DM after hearing about TB missing, ,looking for the tattoo... go to the police and say hey, it wasn't me. Any normal person, who had just test driven someone's vehicle, and they end up missing and the police are searching for a guy with an ambition tattoo ..... wouldn't they say,,,,,, " Holy **** or WTF I better clear my name right away, or get a lawyer right away and then go in and clear my good name. Both MS and DM had to be followed and then arrested, then they hired lawyers. Just my opinion.... court details will be so interesting.

I know that many young people today do not watch the news (youtube instead) or listen to the radio (ipods), don't even know what a newspaper is, and likely don't have the home page of their computer set to a news website. Some young people don't even go on Facebook or twitter or other places that it may have been broadcast where many young people end up getting their information. It is possible that he had not heard. The truth is that we don't know, we can only suppose and guess, but to me, it is very easy to assume that many people still did not know that TB was missing, because people were still distributing flyers looking to spread the word of his disappearance. To me, they wouldn't be doing that if they assumed everybody knew.

But on that note, I have to say, I can see DM not knowing about TB, but I find it hard to believe that MS wouldn't know about DM's arrest, even if, under all the scenarios for not seeing the explosive news coverage of DM (when compared to the amount of press time devoted to TB prior to the arrest of DM), even if MS had somehow managed to somehow miss all the media coverage on it for the many days he alluded identification and arrest, why didn't he hear about it in his social circles, from a friend or family member who would say, "Hey, I saw your friend on the news!"? That mystifies me. If anyone had a chance to get a lawyer or clear their name before arrest, it was him, and now still the mysterious 3rd possible suspect could come forward to clear his name. I just wonder, that if what he had to say was that he was there and TB left alive, would anyone believe him for coming forward before he is tracked down and arrested?

I know that many young people today do not watch the news (youtube instead) or listen to the radio (ipods), don't even know what a newspaper is, and likely don't have the home page of their computer set to a news website. Some young people don't even go on Facebook or twitter or other places that it may have been broadcast where many young people end up getting their information. It is possible that he had not heard. The truth is that we don't know, we can only suppose and guess, but to me, it is very easy to assume that many people still did not know that TB was missing, because people were still distributing flyers looking to spread the word of his disappearance. To me, they wouldn't be doing that if they assumed everybody knew.

But on that note, I have to say, I can see DM not knowing about TB, but I find it hard to believe that MS wouldn't know about DM's arrest, even if, under all the scenarios for not seeing the explosive news coverage of DM (when compared to the amount of press time devoted to TB prior to the arrest of DM), even if MS had somehow managed to somehow miss all the media coverage on it for the many days he alluded identification and arrest, why didn't he hear about it in his social circles, from a friend or family member who would say, "Hey, I saw your friend on the news!"? That mystifies me. If anyone had a chance to get a lawyer or clear their name before arrest, it was him, and now still the mysterious 3rd possible suspect could come forward to clear his name. I just wonder, that if what he had to say was that he was there and TB left alive, would anyone believe him for coming forward before he is tracked down and arrested?

Like you said, though, regarding Facebook and Twitter, wouldn't you think DM's friends would have said, hey DM, your ambition tattoo was reported being seen. That was all over the news. From there he would have put two and two together and read the news from there. But you are right, I don't think twenty somethings ever listen to the news or pick up a newspaper. They really don't care about what is going on in the world, just their world.

Like you said, though, regarding Facebook and Twitter, wouldn't you think DM's friends would have said, hey DM, your ambition tattoo was reported being seen. That was all over the news. From there he would have put two and two together and read the news from there. But you are right, I don't think twenty somethings ever listen to the news or pick up a newspaper. They really don't care about what is going on in the world, just their world.

That is a very succinct way of putting it, I couldn't agree more. I think even today's news stations are picking up in this and trying to personalize the news for the next generation by constantly asking them to tweet in their reactions and such. Tomorrows news media will probably be individualized even more, otherwise they will lose the next generations.

I can't remember from DM's Fb page, was there any recent activity, or was it all a year or two old with just things that others posted on his wall? It is likely that he hadn't been there in a long time, from what I recall. Did anyone ever find any twitter accounts that could have been his? Also, how long was the description of the tattoo out in public before DM was arrested, I forget, and was it mentioned in all the media coverage or just in the bulletin I have seen (the one where the picture of the wrist keeps changing)?

I know poor SB's emotions tug at us all, but we still need to be logical and rational in our sleuthing. It is possible that DM and MS could have gone on both test drives innocently and that TB could have been killed after parting company with them. It is possible to be the last person witnesses have seen with someone without being their killer. I think that if SB saw DM and MS getting into a truck with her husband, and video shows DM's truck following, that there is still a third player yet to be named, and possibly more. What I think is a very honest account is from the friend of the Bosma's who posted the kijiji ad asking for help to find their missing friend who says that there were three people there that night.

And let us not forget, that the incinerator was officially said to be bought by someone in his company, which sounds very suspiciously to me like it was bought by someone other than him, otherwise, they would continue to say that it was bought by him, as the media had said previously, from what I recall, in my opinion. It is possible that due to health code rules about safe disposal of dead animals, it could have required his MRO to have a means of safely disposing of the remains and partial remains of birds and other livestock that are hit by planes prior to them requiring maintenance.

http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Bird_Strike

BBM - I do not recall any article stating SB saw her husband get into the truck with DM and MS. There has only been mention of her seeing the perps and IDing them.

UBM - Juballee, could you please provide a link to this information about three people being there that night, TIA.

Police will allege one of these Georgia-built animal incinerators was used in an attempt to dispose of the murdered remains of husband and father of two.

The allegations show it was a savage murder.

The revelation that his body was made to disappear through an incinerator is macabre.

"An ‘Eliminator incinerator' designed to dispose of livestock remains was purchased by Dellen Millard in July 2012," said a police officer involved in the case.

Information obtained by the Sun indicates Millard purchased the propane-heated incinerator for $6,950 from a Manitoba distributor of the US-made product.

Bill Penner of Tri-Star Dairy in Grunthal, Man. said he did not personally meet with Millard and would not reveal details of the actual purchase or how it was delivered to his farm.

Meanwhile, police are pursing the overall case with an open mind.

Everything from it being an organized "thrill kill," to it being a "truck-jacking" that went wrong are on the table.

They are also scouring through and trying to make sense of social media photographs, narcotics references, slang, TV shows, associations and nicknames and phrases to gain an understanding of what this group of people wanted in this slaying were up to.

"It's a unique crew that travelled around together," said the cop.

With this high-flying 27-year-old heir to an aviation business, there were fast cars, racing, parties, travel, air planes and helicopters involved in the day-to-day fun.

And, the purchase of this farm two years ago this month for $835,000 cash.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2013/05/20130517-073330.html

According to the Globe report, the $15,000 device was purchased by an employee of Millardair, the family aviation company later bequeathed to Millard after his father's death.

Investigators have been in touch with both the Manitoba-based company that sold the device and its Georgian manufacturers, SuperNova Manufacturers.

The incinerator was delivered to Millard's farm in July 2012.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...-millard-livestock-incinerator-135236909.html

According to the reporter in this video, you need licences for an incinerator in Canada. Also this reporter claims the incinerator had been on DM's farmland property since it was purchased. So with that in mind, how did DM not know it was on his farmland? I don't believe he hadn't been out to the property since last July. There was other equipment of DM's on the property, Bobcat for one. If he didn't know who it belonged to, wouldn't you think he would have at least contact LE? I'm sure he wouldn't want to have been caught with stolen property. ;) :moo:

IMHO DM or WM would be the ones to sign cheques for their own business. They would want to be the ones to keep tabs on where their money was going. Had WM signed the cheque, I am sure he would have questioned DM as to why he needed an incinerator. IMO DM requested his employee order the incinerator for him.

Reporters have a way with how they relay information to the public, and that is not to directly point a finger at the accused guilty while an investigation is underway. They skirt around issues but have to be cautious about how they broadcast/present it. ALL :moo::moo:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/16/police-investigate-incinerators-role-in-tim-bosma-slaying

wow.....this case is so hard to follow!! I have tried to read and catch up, but, too many confusing posts. Why is there so much technical lingo being discussed??

wow.....this case is so hard to follow!! I have tried to read and catch up, but, too many confusing posts. Why is there so much technical lingo being discussed??

:welcome5: SM. :seeya: Yes it can be hard to follow until you know the details HTH. Simple is better, I do argee. :D Anyhow again welcome and hope you can shed some new light on this case.

Remorse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Funny you should touch on the statement DP said to reporters about DM being remorseful. I will link the video where a reporter talks about that. I also linked it to my post up thread. Yes very strange indeed. And especially for a lawyer defending someone on murder charges who is claiming he is innocent.

What do I get the feeling DM is going to blame it all on MS? DM will claim he was looking for a truck and invited MS along for the test drive and MS hurt TB, and DM was afraid, left the scene with the person following in his Yukon and MS was the one who then murdered TB, took his body out to DM's farmland and then parked the trailer in MB's driveway. Oh and the burner phone...well he bought it but used a bogus name because people where calling him harrassing him to buy their trucks, this way they wouldn't be able to find the real person looking potentially to purchase their trucks. :facepalm: I strongly believe the evidence will tell the real story. JMO.

Video link
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/16/police-investigate-incinerators-role-in-tim-bosma-slaying

Funny you should touch on the statement DP said to reporters about DM being remorseful ...

What do I get the feeling DM is going to blame it all on MS? DM will claim he was looking for a truck and invited MS along for the test drive and MS hurt TB, and DM was afraid, left the scene with the person following in his Yukon and MS was the one who then murdered TB, took his body out to DM's farmland and then parked the trailer in MB's driveway.
<rsbm>

DP's initial "remorseful" comment caused a flurry of discussion, and I got the distinct feeling his subsequent chat with the media was very specifically designed to detract from what some consider his initial big blooper:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3...er-deepak-paradkar-i-treat-trials-like-wars-/

"I prayed for his family and that he would be found safely," recalls the Christian son of a Presbyterian minister, who says he felt deep remorse for the missing father and husband he'd never met ..."

(hey, somebody wanna straighten that mirror on DP's wall ... really bugging me .. Napolean would NOT have had a crooked mirror on his wall).

Re DM blaming MS as outlined ^^ ... IF DM left in the Yukon, that left MS with only Tim's truck. MS would then have to have driven Tim's truck to dispose of Tim on the farm, then drive to the hangar to get DM's trailer, have access to both hangar and trailer, put Tim's truck inside, and then have another vehicle with which to tow the trailer to MB's. Who's going to buy all that? (Don't answer that !!!)

<rsbm>

DP's initial "remorseful" comment caused a flurry of discussion, and I got the distinct feeling his subsequent chat with the media was very specifically designed to detract from what some consider his initial big blooper:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3...er-deepak-paradkar-i-treat-trials-like-wars-/

(hey, somebody wanna straighten that mirror on DP's wall ... really bugging me .. Napolean would NOT have had a crooked mirror on his wall).

Re DM blaming MS as outlined ^^ ... IF DM left in the Yukon, that left MS with only Tim's truck. MS would then have to have driven Tim's truck to dispose of Tim on the farm, then drive to the hangar to get DM's trailer, have access to both hangar and trailer, put Tim's truck inside, and then have another vehicle with which to tow the trailer to MB's. Who's going to buy all that? (Don't answer that !!!)

BBM :floorlaugh: If I'm not mistaken SB it is straight. Bad photographer I believe. Maybe he got DM to take the picture. :D And they could have at least cleaned the mirror before taking the picture wouldn't you think?! :lol:

Please can I answer that?! I'm going to anyhow. ;) That person would be the third suspect of course, oh or maybe the fourth, still out there on the loose stealing more Dodges in Erin. MOO

Is there a way to sleuth out more stolen vehicles since, say November 2012, from around that vicinity of TO, Hamilton? Like a police report on stolen vehicles?. Maybe there is descriptions of other carjackers who never murdered their victims, but dumped them on the side of the roadway....

Friday, January 25, 2013

Woman makes up story of assault, carjacking, and threatened rape so her boyfriend would not find out she was playing video poker.

http://www.cotwa.info/2013/01/woman-makes-up-story-of-assault.html

Maybe LE found parts of this victims Highlander in DM's hangar...

Man stabbed in Vaughan carjacking
680News staff Jan 15, 2013 10:22:21 PM

two male suspects approached the victim in a Walmart parking lot near Bathurst Street and Centre Street and allegedly forced him into the back of his 2001 Toyota Highlander, police say. There is currently no description of the suspects.

Police are searching for the victim&#8217;s vehicle.

http://m.680news.com/2013/01/15/man-stabbed-in-vaughan-carjacking/

Worst blind date ever starts with
a stroll, ends with a carjacking
Published April 25, 2013

http://www.wheels.ca/news/worst-blind-date-ever-starts-with-a-stroll-ends-with-a-carjacking/

Toronto police hunting for two suspects in spate of luxury car thefts
Picture of one suspect included.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...o_suspects_in_spate_of_luxury_car_thefts.html

Maybe the perps showed up at TB's house later then originally planned hoping no one would be home and they could then rob the house and steal TB's truck also. :(

Video High End Vehicle Theft Suspects To ID By Toronto Police Service 41
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMBI_yhYajU"]High End Vehicle Theft Suspects To ID By Toronto Police Service 417-808-7350 - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288