WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2013/apr/02/former-cowell-murder-suspect-sentenced-for-heroin/

Former Cowell murder suspect sentenced for heroin

Cerros and another previously convicted drug dealer, Samuel Cuevas, now 32, were early suspects in the 2010 murder of 17-year-old Wenatchee High School student Mackenzie Cowell, who went missing from downtown Wenatchee that February. Her body was later found on the shoreline of Crescent Bar. A fellow student of Cowell’s at a Wenatchee hairstyling academy, Christopher Scott Wilson, now 31, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in her death just days before his trial for first-degree murder was to commence last May.

http://lewiscountywa.gov/national-missing-childrens-day-event-thurston-county

National Missing Children's Day Event- Thurston County

This day is in remembrance of:
(WA) Mackenzie Cowell - Mackenzie's mom Wendy will be on site(ID) Slade and Dylan Groene
(CA) Samantha Runnion
(TX) Hailey Dunn

Missing children being represented by their family, friends and volunteers:

Teekah Lewis will be represented by her mom Theresa & family
Sky Metalwala will be represented his father Solomon and familyDanica Childs will be represented by her mother Diane and family
Lindsey Baum will be represented by her mother Melissa and family.
Kelsey Collins will be represented by her mother Sarah and family.
Mackenzie Cowell, no longer missing will be represented by her mother Wendy Cowell.

Thinking of you today Mac..... and baby Sky.

What ever became of the girl who was mentioned, having a video camera, at CW's apartment?

What ever became of the girl who was mentioned, having a video camera, at CW's apartment?

She lives in the Olympia area and from the looks of her court records, is still having run-ins with the law. I still believe she had a much bigger part in MC's death than we know about.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2013/jun/11/cowell-defendant-seeks-to-pull-back-guilty-plea/

Cowell defendant seeks to pull back guilty plea :bang:

SPOKANE — The man who pleaded guilty in the killing of Mackenzie Cowell has one month to ask a court — for a second time — to set aside his plea.

The motion to withdraw differs from a standard appeal, in which a defendant asks a higher court to consider his case as a whole. A guilty plea forfeits that right of appeal; a motion to withdraw requires a defendant to prove his or her plea was involuntary.

Very strange. Wonder what made him suspect Chris and write a letter from jail?? I didn't follow this case but just watched the story on 48 Hours. Not sure what to think. My gut says he didn't do this. Bizzare!

"Keyes, who says he’s been diagnosed with schizoaffective and bipolar disorders, was held in the Chelan County Regional Justice Center from Nov. 26 until 3:20 p.m. Tuesday. He’s charged with second-degree criminal trespass for attempting to enter the Chelan County Courthouse just before midnight on Nov. 25, telling witnesses he needed to get important papers from a judge’s office.

Prior to that, he told a Chelan County sheriff’s deputy who stopped him for a broken brakelight on Nov. 24 that “people were following him and wanted to kill him,” according to the deputy’s report. On Nov. 10, he was arrested on suspicion of stealing a $30 jacket from the Wenatchee Shopko. In her report, the store’s loss prevention officer wrote that Keyes told her he was “homeless, has no money and needed the jacket because it’s cold outside.”

Keyes paid $1,250 bail and was released from jail Tuesday."

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

:) It is a weird coincidence isn't it? It would be even odder if Israel and Theo are related. Israel's DNA is in the data bank now. I wonder if the duct tape DNA could be compared to his DNA.

Heres a new article regarding Keyes. http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2013/aug/14/tapes-prove-serial-killer-victims-in-state/

Tapes prove serial killer victims in state

ANCHORAGE — An Alaska serial killer buried three victims and submerged two others in a lake in Washington state but refused to provide many more details about their whereabouts, according to interviews released Tuesday by the FBI.

The FBI posted more than six hours of videotaped interviews on the Internet that agents, Anchorage police and federal prosecutors conducted with Israel Keyes in the months before his suicide in an Anchorage jail.

When a serial killer is allowed to hunt his victims for years or even decades oblivious to law enforcement and the Justice System. Their innocent victim total does not only consist of those taken directly, but also those that they have taken indirectly; the family, friends, other suspects & POIs. With that said, the evidence against Chris Wilson for the murder of Mackenzie Cowell, seems very weak at best, imo. If prolific serial killer Israel Keyes had been on their radar when the case went to trial. Imo, the verdict/outcome may have been much different.. It is very coincidental that Chris Wilson physical characteristics/appearance is identical to a younger Israel Keyes..

When a serial killer is allowed to hunt his victims for years or even decades oblivious to law enforcement and the Justice System. Their innocent victim total does not only consist of those taken directly, but also those that they have taken indirectly; the family, friends, other suspects & POIs. With that said, the evidence against Chris Wilson for the murder of Mackenzie Cowell, seems very weak at best, imo. If prolific serial killer Israel Keyes had been on their radar when the case went to trial. Imo, the verdict/outcome may have been much different.. It is very coincidental that Chris Wilson physical characteristics/appearance is identical to a younger Israel Keyes..

I'm doing some digging and I agree about the physical appearance. This is uncanny. Welcome to WS Roses. :)

Just curious. How many think an innocent man is wrongfully accused here?

I'm doing some digging and I agree about the physical appearance. This is uncanny. Welcome to WS Roses. :)

the evidence is very weak.. there is not any. Crime lab says that didnt receive any carpet with blood. its all lies by the LE!

Tulessa, imo, investigators and the prosecution primarily focused on Chris Wilson, due to his fascination with notorious serial killers. Although, I will admit that having a tattoo of Hannibal Lecter, is way out there. If the same line of thinking was used against websleuthers, an overwhelming majority of us would be wearing orange jumpsuits..

Chris Wilson, was initially given an unbelievable opportunity of serving only 6 years by the prosecutor. Imo, if the prosecutor thought CW was guilty, he would not have made such a measly offer. If CW had truly been guilty of Mackenzie Cowell's murder, he would have gladly jumped at this very lenient offer. The prosecutor only raised the offer after interviewing the jury pool and learning of the overwhelming 85% leaning toward CW's guilt. JMO

so are people thinking that IK planted Mackenzie's blood in CW's apartment and planted CW's DNA on the duct tape where her body was found? I'm just not understanding how the suspicion of IK comes into play, except for the coincidence that the person who implicated CW has the same last name ...

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2013/aug/14/tapes-prove-serial-killer-victims-in-state/

Tapes prove serial killer victims in state
by Mark Thiessen - The Associated Press Aug. 14, 2013,

ANCHORAGE — An Alaska serial killer buried three victims and submerged two others in a lake in Washington state but refused to provide many more details about their whereabouts, according to interviews released Tuesday by the FBI.

The FBI posted more than six hours of videotaped interviews on the Internet that agents, Anchorage police and federal prosecutors conducted with Israel Keyes in the months before his suicide in an Anchorage jail.

The material shows Keyes’ movements across the country before his arrest in Texas on March 13, 2012. However, investigators have had leads run dry on a number of other victims and are seeking the public’s help.

Keyes lived in Washington state before moving to Anchorage in 2007.

In a Nov. 29 interview, just three days before he was found dead in his jail cell from suicide, Keyes asked if investigators had found any knives at his New York property or on a boat he owned in Washington state. He said there were two knives missing from his girlfriend’s home in Anchorage, and he didn’t know where they were.

He was particularly concerned about a Cold Steel Tanto, 4 1/2-inch folding knife he bought in Port Angeles. Asked by Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin Feldis why the knife was important, Keyes indicated authorities might find something if they took it apart.
<sniped - read more>

so are people thinking that IK planted Mackenzie's blood in CW's apartment and planted CW's DNA on the duct tape where her body was found? I'm just not understanding how the suspicion of IK comes into play, except for the coincidence that the person who implicated CW has the same last name ...

RE: the coincidence that the person who implicated CW has the same last name

Lady L, can you provide more info or a msm article on the above reference BBM.
We have been researching IK for almost a year. IK stated that he had unknown victims in WA.. IK was very creative and deflective. Just exploring the possibilities. IK was in the western US in Feb 2010 according to the FBI timeline..
Imo, the person that murdered Mackenzie may have been surprised by someone when disposing of her body. Why else would they leave the knife in her at Crescent Bar on the Columbia River?

Spot On!!! Excellent post.

Chris's mother does not have doubts, she knows her son is innocent! He was with her the time LE said he was killing mackenzie.. read the discoveries on free christopher wilson page.

I realize IK had ties to Washington state ...

it would an incredible set of coincidences - IK murders Mac and either he or LE plant evidence to frame CW and a random inmate who just happens to have the same last name as IK calls LE and implicates CW ... too incredible to be reality IMO

Chris's mother does not have doubts, she knows her son is innocent! He was with her the time LE said he was killing mackenzie.. read the discoveries on free christopher wilson page.

from the 48 hours episode on the case:

"He is anxious for trial. He wants to tell his side of the story," said Wilson's mother, Kathleen Zornes.

what happened to him wanting to tell his side of the story?

I believe he realized he couldn't fight the evidence but can't admit the truth to his mother

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back