Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting interview with Trina Murphy, AM's aunt on NBC 29. Of interest to me is that she said that the family holds out hope, even though LE has told them they don't believe she's alive. Personally, I think reality is reality. This one hides bodies, probably to hide the fact that the girls were sexually assaulted, so it's just a question of a miracle needed to find her body. Heard helicopters swirling this morning, but I couldn't see them, so IDK if it was a search or not. Anyway, here's the link http://www.nbc29.com/story/23158799/alexis-murphys-family-addresses-marijuana-allegations

I believe the article actually says something quite different. It says they will hold out hope she is still alive UNTIL the authorities tell them otherwise.

Quoting myself for reference, lol:

Clue, you got me thinking...

In Kathlynn Sheperds case, she was found by a bridge (might be worth looking at bridges in the areas).

Also, Klunder worked in the "plant" and brought his victims there....well, RAT has lots of ties to cars with regard to his occupations (repo, car wash, painting, mechanic)...there might be a strong link to garages. Maybe a garage building with a false wall or basement area? (I'm sure LE is on this, every place he's ever worked). I'm guessing this guy might have his own "garage workshop" somewhere??

If RAT is a methhead, I'm guessing one of his meth buddies knows something.

We were talking about brdiges on the victims thread the other day. You might want to look at

Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas
Missing: 4/12/1998
Vehicle discovered on the Willey Bridge, Richmond, Va; Keys Missing; All other personal Belongings, wallet, driver's lic, cash, uniform and tennis shoes, paycheck, camera and Bible still in the car, she has never been found

Jill Edmonds
Car recovered January 25th, on a bridge over the James River. Single/divorced, no children. Bank teller.
-No substantial reason to suspect suicide other than the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.
Remains found in the James River in Charles City County.
Rules a suicide

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bridges_in_the_United_States"]List of bridges in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

See also: List of bridges on the National Register of Historic Places in Virginia, List of crossings of the Potomac River, Waterways forming and crossings of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway, and List of Virginia covered bridges
14th Street Bridge, I-395 and US 1 across Potomac River between Arlington County and Washington, D.C.
Berkley Bridge, I-264 across Elizabeth River in Norfolk
Boulevard Bridge, VA 161 toll bridge across James River in Richmond
Charles Hardaway Marks Bridges, VA 10 across Appomattox River near Hopewell
Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, US 13 between Virginia Beach and Eastern Shore
Edward E. Willey Bridge, VA 150 across James River between Henrico County and Richmond
George P. Coleman Memorial Bridge, US 17 across York River between Yorktown, Virginia and Gloucester County
Governor Harry W. Nice Memorial Bridge, US 301 across Potomac River between Dahlgren and Maryland
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64 and US 60 between Norfolk and Hampton
Huguenot Memorial Bridge, VA 147 across James River between Henrico County and Richmond
James River Bridge, I-95 in Richmond
James River Bridge, US 17 across James River between Isle of Wight County and Newport News
Manchester Bridge, US 60 across James River in Richmond
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Bridge, US 1 and US 301 across Appomattox River between Colonial Heights and Petersburg
Mayo Bridge, US 360 across James River in Richmond
Monitor–Merrimac Memorial Bridge–Tunnel, I-664 across Hampton Roads between Suffolk and Newport News
Peninsula Subdivision Trestle, CSX Transportation Peninsula Subdivision in Richmond
Powhite Parkway Bridge, VA 76 toll bridge across James River in Richmond
Rivanna Subdivision Trestle, CSX Transportation Rivanna Subdivision in Richmond
Robert E. Lee Memorial Bridge, US 1 and US 301 across James River in Richmond
Theodore Roosevelt Bridge, I-66 and US 50 across Potomac River between Arlington County and Washington, D.C.
Varina-Enon Bridge, I-295 across James River between Henrico and Chesterfield counties
Vietnam Veterans Memorial Bridge, VA 895 toll bridge across James River between Richmond and Henrico County
Wilson Creek Bridge a.k.a. the Smart Road Bridge, Montgomery County
Woodrow Wilson Bridge, I-95 and I-495 across Potomac River from Alexandria through Washington, D.C. to Maryland
World War II Veterans Memorial Bridge, VA-288 across James River between Powhatan and Goochland counties

I agree. There is a well known old missile silo, but there are bound to be old mines, wells, old tunnels for Railroad and again, caves... I wish locals could go looking. I hope all that have lots of property are riding it and walking it.

There are so few of things like mines, quarries in Nelson County, these places would be too obvious. Railway is still active, caves maybe. Remember than much of Nelson County was washed over in 1969, and before the Hurricane Camille, this was an extremely rural, country in every sense of the word, shacks, outhouses and all. So, there's not much around here that's older than 44 years. IMO, the grand peril in this area remains these vast, heavily wooded tracts of private property. Much of such land is not used for anything, it's not farmed, it's just owned. And because the land it private, nobody's going to cross it, noone's going to notice earth turned upside down.

I believe the article actually says something quite different. It says they will hold out hope she is still alive UNTIL the authorities tell them otherwise.

I may have read it wrong.

How was LE onto him so fast anyway? They had a search warrant when they got the hair. Was it the woman in the store AM stopped at and said she saw her talking to a man that identified RAT? He came up with the drug deal story to account for the hair and her being at his place after LE zeroed in on him and got a warrant.

This nut might think he has a personal connection to his victims, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't. He's a stalker. In Samatha's case, it was a question of opportunity because he happened to see her talking to someone he knew in the Orange county car/repo world. What I wonder is if Samantha even ever knew who she was talking to. He called her on the phone, but I don't know that there's a record (other than what he says, which tend to be lies) of them having ever met, so he could have said he was anybody. And with Alexis, we know that this man was hanging out in the parking lot at the supermarket and gas station stalking people. The victim jumps out at him for whatever reason, he begins stalking her, opportunity presents itself and he ambushes her on a lonely highway at dusk. If he told her to pull over because her gas cap was off (which people in rural communities tend to do, they usually keep going though, they don't stop), she might have been naieve enough to pull over. The stories about her being in his trailer with a drug dealer aren't credible, as far as most people are concerned. And, even if they were true, there's no record that he knew Alexis personally before that day.

If you ask me, this person feels that he'll be nailed to the wall if the bodies are found because they would probably show sexual assault, like MH. So, that's why he's going through all kinds of pains to hide the bodies, because VA is a DP state and if prosecutors can show premeditated, add that to abduction and we all know what that means.

Indeed.

We have got to find his dumping grounds. My question is if this is one place, or a bunch of different places.

I know about a few. I just don't think so in this case as there really are tons of places to bury a body and no one find it. Or even just toss one. :(

Yes...There does seem to be almost no limitations on hiding bodies in that area...

However... He may need a storage unit due to the fact that he is living in a camping trailer...

there is very little room for storage in the trailer... So he may possibly be renting a storage unit... (I know... I know... He doesn't have much money...)

But it may be in someone else's name...(family member?)...

There may be found in the unit trophies/items/etc.attached to some of RAT's other nefarious activities...

In Danielle Jelinek's case...IIRC... LE found some odd items of clothing in the perp's mother's storage unit.... Probably placed there by the perp...

Just bouncing around some thoughts...

I am copying this over from the RAT Page. I am in the process of going back and rechecking the court cases. Some of the traffic charges were another RAT and I am trying to record more info about the cases. I have a rediculously detailed spreedsheet going on the RAT's background and victim cases. OCD anyone?

OCD here, too! :seeya:

I am copying this over from the RAT Page. I am in the process of going back and rechecking the court cases. Some of the traffic charges were another RAT and I am trying to record more info about the cases. I have a rediculously detailed spreedsheet going on the RAT's background and victim cases. OCD anyone?

Thanks for your work, Bsublime! :sunshine:

I keep going back to the "revisiting". I think I read that many (most? don't remember) will revisit. It has been stated on WS that he was seen in the Crabtree falls area, with a dirty truck, and possibly a blond woman, and someone else (3 in the vehicle). Although it is extremely rugged terrain, in order to transport a victim, you would not easily be able to accomplish it without a truck and off-roading. (Night time clandestine drop). And although rugged terrain, off-roading trails will be known by the local hunters and folks. So I keep wondering if in fact he was revisiting with unwitting passengers when spotted by locals within 36 hrs of her reported missing and as reported here. IDK, maybe I'm too simplistic.

There are so few of things like mines, quarries in Nelson County, these places would be too obvious. Railway is still active, caves maybe. Remember than much of Nelson County was washed over in 1969, and before the Hurricane Camille, this was an extremely rural, country in every sense of the word, shacks, outhouses and all. So, there's not much around here that's older than 44 years. IMO, the grand peril in this area remains these vast, heavily wooded tracts of private property. Much of such land is not used for anything, it's not farmed, it's just owned. And because the land it private, nobody's going to cross it, noone's going to notice earth turned upside down.

Started looking at possibly vacant private properties....a neeeeeedle in a haaaaaystack...Take Charlottesville for instance...

http://www.centralvaland.com/charlottesville-lots-for-sale/charlottesville-land-for-sale-51.asp

LE has got to have something after all their intensive investigating that can help lead them to something somewhere!!!!!!!!!!

I keep going back to the "revisiting". I think I read that many (most? don't remember) will revisit. It has been stated on WS that he was seen in the Crabtree falls area, with a dirty truck, and possibly a blond woman, and someone else (3 in the vehicle). Although it is extremely rugged terrain, in order to transport a victim, you would not easily be able to accomplish it without a truck and off-roading. (Night time clandestine drop). And although rugged terrain, off-roading trails will be known by the local hunters and folks. So I keep wondering if in fact he was revisiting with unwitting passengers when spotted by locals within 36 hrs of her reported missing and as reported here. IDK, maybe I'm too simplistic.

Yes, yes. No, you're not too simplistic. :)

This is the first I am hearing of this? All I read is that she was going to go buy hair extensions.
Doubt that. There's no history of that type of stuff happening in Nelson County. There are a lot of handy man jack types around here, independent car fixer/seller types, migrant worker types, plenty of people who get paid a good bit of money in cash (not to mention the local drug dealers) and there simply is no history of people being jumped for their pay. Nelson is a place where people don't lock their car doors, some people don't lock their home doors. I'm past all that having lived outside of Nelson for years, but before I moved, I NEVER took my purse out of my car, even left the keys in the ignition, only locked the doors at night and for years before I moved, I lived in a house with only a screen door for a back door that didn't have a lock. And, it's that backdrop in which Alexis was raised, that way of life that could get a local girl in trouble, especially faced with an outsider with ill intentions. She had no way of knowing not to trust some guy she saw at the gas station if he flagged her down. We'll see, but I still believe, because the person in custody was heavily investigated in another disappearance in the state, that this is a stalker/sexual predator case.

This is very rugged and difficult territory, but it is also horse country. And although private and public property (Crabtree Falls Park area), often if on horseback private prop owners do allow riders to cross prop lines. There is a public stable just down from the Falls, and I bet they know the trails very well. I keep going back to the Hannah Anderson case, and it was riders who came upon them in pretty rough terrain. I really do have faith she will be found.

Probably unrelated, but since Roanoke is just over 90 miles away, and RAT had a few days before being arrested:

Police investigating in a Roanoke neighborhood

Residents tell WDBJ7 there was a foul odor in the air. Police have confirmed a body was found in a black Mazda 3.

Police have roped off a large portion of the parking lot in Southview Condominiums.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/pol...ood/-/20128466/21509922/-/qkdupf/-/index.html

Also, same story, different news station: Roanoke Police investigating body found at Southview Condominiums

A body was found in the back seat of a black Mazada.

http://www.wsls.com/story/23163271/roanoke-police-investigating-body-found

I agree. There is a well known old missile silo, but there are bound to be old mines, wells, old tunnels for Railroad and again, caves... I wish locals could go looking. I hope all that have lots of property are riding it and walking it.

This reminded me of a female adult jogger that went missing in Montana... About a year and a half ago...

since there is such a large amount of open area in Montana... LE requested that landowners complete searches of their own property(ies)...

some properties were not searched for various reasons... One of which was that a percentage of these properties were used for seasonal "getaways".... And, therefore, were not inhabited year 'round...

I do not know if this is a factor in properties owned in Virginia...

(O/T... The gal was found... Deceased, unfortunately... But not by land owners....

But the idea had merit... IMO.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member