GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

There is a new facebook page for Hamilton, Mi. It is called Hamilton Happenings. Maybe you could post something on there.

I live in Hamilton, moved here in the Fall of 1988. I have asked the most gossipy (is this a word) person I know if she remembers. She has no clue, does not remember anything.

I will keep asking arround, but it seems like no one has even heard of her.

It may be because she accually lived in Holland Michigan, but was right on the line to be in Hamilton School District.

I live in Hamilton, moved here in the Fall of 1988. I have asked the most gossipy (is this a word) person I know if she remembers. She has no clue, does not remember anything.

I will keep asking arround, but it seems like no one has even heard of her.

It may be because she accually lived in Holland Michigan, but was right on the line to be in Hamilton School District.

What we've been told is they lived by the truck stop; so you may be right that they were on the border.

Apparently she was in the Soul Asylum video Runaway Train; we don't know at what point her photo & info was taken out.

A former elementary school classmate just sent us these photos of Aundria from her first and second grade classes. I cleaned them up and adjusted the brightness, contrast, and intensity of the images.

6beafde7-6d2d-4f57-91d4-ad33c1f75922.jpg

She attended first grade at Glerum Elementary in Holland MI, and second grade at Woodside Elementary School in Holland MI.

I restored and colorized AMB's first grade photo, and removed her glasses.

dcda2d89-f4e9-43b8-9006-da88b77cf392.jpg

I just liked Aundrias page on FB. I wish I would have.known sooner about missing in Michigan I would have went to support. It is only and hr or so away. I have seen pictures of Aundria so much I feel her face is etched.on my memory. She is the first missing person I had found from Michigan and I can not get her out of my mind. I will be sharing the FB page often. I too believe that Carl's pic is true to what she would look like. I will keep both families in my prayers. Unfortunately that is all I can do at the moment is pray. Just know that Aundrias picture and story is getting out there. I was 6 when she went missing and I know who she is and am looking always. There is always hope. Cathy you are amazing and just stay strong. I thank you for making the decision you did all those yrs ago because it WAS selfless. No one could know this would happen and you did what you thought best for your child, physically and financially. There should be no shame in that. Hugs from Mi..

I just liked Aundrias page on FB. I wish I would have.known sooner about missing in Michigan I would have went to support. It is only and hr or so away. I have seen pictures of Aundria so much I feel her face is etched.on my memory. She is the first missing person I had found from Michigan and I can not get her out of my mind. I will be sharing the FB page often. I too believe that Carl's pic is true to what she would look like. I will keep both families in my prayers. Unfortunately that is all I can do at the moment is pray. Just know that Aundrias picture and story is getting out there. I was 6 when she went missing and I know who she is and am looking always. There is always hope. Cathy you are amazing and just stay strong. I thank you for making the decision you did all those yrs ago because it WAS selfless. No one could know this would happen and you did what you thought best for your child, physically and financially. There should be no shame in that. Hugs from Mi..

We've gone to a few adoption groups & blogs; we're finding out that what they did to Cathy was pretty typical back then. Parents of pregnant minors (while Cathy was married; she was a minor) had a lot of say back then. You wouldn't believe how many women are now coming out; telling their story. How they begged to see their child but were not allowed to; some were lied to and told they were still born; while others were allowed to see their baby and had the baby ripped from their arms. There were also a lot of immigrants from Europe that lost children.

What was not known back then; the child would go into foster care; some did not get adopted as infants.

I believe Cathy has a posting on adoption.com reunion registry from 2005 that is still on there looking for her daughter (before she realized she was missing). If anyone is in contact with Cathy I would suggest she update this posting to include Aundria's real name in the adoptee's info. If she is alive and searching one day she would not know her name was Alexis and may not know she was born in another state.

I believe Cathy has a posting on adoption.com reunion registry from 2005 that is still on there looking for her daughter (before she realized she was missing). If anyone is in contact with Cathy I would suggest she update this posting to include Aundria's real name in the adoptee's info. If she is alive and searching one day she would not know her name was Alexis and may not know she was born in another state.

Thank you; We will work on it when she wakes up.

(BBM)

The Missing In Michigan annual event will be held on Sunday 08-Sep-2013 (just over a week from today), at the Eagle Eye Golf Club, 15500 Chandler Road, Bath, Michigan 48808, (517) 641-4570 (1:00 PM to 5:00 PM). Beth Holloway (mother of Natalie Holloway) will be one of the speakers.

We've gone to a few adoption groups & blogs; we're finding out that what they did to Cathy was pretty typical back then. Parents of pregnant minors (while Cathy was married; she was a minor) had a lot of say back then. You wouldn't believe how many women are now coming out; telling their story. How they begged to see their child but were not allowed to; some were lied to and told they were still born; while others were allowed to see their baby and had the baby ripped from their arms. There were also a lot of immigrants from Europe that lost children.

What was not known back then; the child would go into foster care; some did not get adopted as infants.

Those stories are real.

It's hard to believe now, but there was a widespread belief in the fifties and sixties that for a child to grow up "illegitimate" was the worst thing that could happen -- even bad foster care was preferable. When I chose to keep and raise my own daughter in the early 70's, I was going against a lot of societal disapproval. Thank God I had my parents' backing. If they had been opposed, there's no telling what would have happened.

I've been in Western Michigan for the past couple of days with Cathy (Aundria's birthmother). We are here to attend the Missing in Michigan event in East Lansing, but we arrived a few days early to touch base with many people whom we've met on the Find Aundria M Bowman facebook page, and to take a look around at the neighborhood in which Aundria lived. It has been a very busy and productive couple of days.

We stopped by at the location where Aundria lived prior to her disappearance. She lived on the corner of Lincoln Road (State Hwy M-40) and 52nd Street. The house is no longer there. The house was torn down in 2007, and the property is now the site of a small fruit and vegetable stand. We had a very interesting conversation with the daughter of the owner and her husband. They did not remember Aundria, as they were much younger than she was. but did have some knowledge of Aundria's adoptive family. They were unaware though that the Bowmans had lived at that location 24 years ago.

They were kind enough to e-mail me these three photos of Aundria's home. These photos were taken just before and while the house was torn town.

f296c8c6-d54e-411a-80c6-2e8e21919f2c.jpg
ea41c144-c9ee-4e07-9d98-a7245dec149f.jpg
08ab3043-b0c4-4b7d-846f-96a971e7a781.jpg

I just saw the adoption.com reunion registry.

It lists information on the biological father.

It lists he was last known to be in Newark NJ.

Has he ever been located or contacted? He would be in his 60's now if he were still alive.

I just saw the adoption.com reunion registry.

It lists information on the biological father.

It lists he was last known to be in Newark NJ.

Has he ever been located or contacted?

He is not needed for anything; as far as I know; had never wanted to be in the picture.
Cathy & Carl are in Michigan.

What about posting those pics of the.house on one of the websites she might look at? Or add to something sje might see. She would definetly remeber her house. Just throwing it out there.

We came across a couple more photos of Aundria (Alexis) on our trip to the Missing in Michigan rally:

1fc80378-8796-422c-ba01-aa78fef0870c.jpg
53c60979-d2d9-4802-bd43-69aec3655829.jpg

Filers about Aundria M Bowman will be going up in the Hamilton and Holland areas today. If u live in the area please help spread the word. TY and God Bless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back