SIDEBAR #18- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys aware that the Alexander family went ahead and published Travis's book posthumously?? I posted the link in the media thread. Been busy with other things in the last month. Hope Jodi's miserable in jail while she waits.

P.S. The popup warning on WS was not just for Flash, I got it for Java and went ahead and accidentally loaded it. It's a malicious browser hijacker called Delta Search and it's tough to get rid of.

Thanks for the clarification...the pop up I saw was for Java, I just could not remember it.

The trojans that hijack your browser are wicked. My desktop computer got infected last year and I could not get rid of it. Because the OS was Windows XP and because I did not have discs to reinstall Office Professional, I ended up replacing the computer with a new laptop.

Now I never update software from a link. I always go directly to the site for updates. CNet is notoriously bad for bundling their updates and I think that is where I picked up the trojan.

Had some huge drama here today. My son was the victim of an attempted luring by a really scary guy that approached him and tried to grab him. He ran home, this happened like 300 feet from my home. I call the police. They caught him.
Police whisked us off to the police station, stuck us in separate rooms and took video taped statements. All we were told was there were "very troubling items in his back pack" they refused to elaborate further.
Detective called me at 10:10 to tell me his bail has been set at $75000 full cash bail and they suspect he will remain in jail until trial. Said he was charged with lots of things but would only tell me specifically the attempted luring. I will be called if he is released.
I'm having a WTF kinda day!

Linda, I am so glad that nothing bad happened to your son and that they have the guy in custody. You are smart to try to stay on top of the situation and you might find yourself feeling a bit shaky after this.

I had something similar happen to me when I was in my 20's and living in NYC. I was walking home from a friend's apartment around 10 on a Friday night with lots of people out on a warm summer night. The walk was only 2 1/2 blocks and within the first block, I became aware of someone behind me speaking gibberish which clearly was not a foreign language. As I got to 83rd and Lex, I decided that if the guy was still following me, I would go up Lex instead of walking those few doors to my brownstone apartment. He did follow and so I went up Lex intending to go into my local pizza parlor. Next thing I know I hear someone yelling "Lady, lady" and I broke into a run. It was cops calling after me and they had the guy spread eagled against a storefront with two cop cars heading north on Lexington, which is a southbound avenue. Seeing those cop cars headed the wrong way let me know that the situation was dangerous.

Scared the $hit out of me! Cops asked me what the guy was saying and did he do anything to me. Found out that he had recently been released from prison for rape, but they could not detain him since he had done nothing other than follow me. So the cops let him go and then were ready to just leave me there. I made them walk me safely to my door and could see the guy hanging out at the end of the street. For the next few days, I was looking every which way before I would go into my building.

Linda, I am so glad that nothing bad happened to your son and that they have the guy in custody. You are smart to try to stay on top of the situation and you might find yourself feeling a bit shaky after this.

I had something similar happen to me when I was in my 20's and living in NYC. I was walking home from a friend's apartment around 10 on a Friday night with lots of people out on a warm summer night. The walk was only 2 1/2 blocks and within the first block, I became aware of someone behind me speaking gibberish which clearly was not a foreign language. As I got to 83rd and Lex, I decided that if the guy was still following me, I would go up Lex instead of walking those few doors to my brownstone apartment. He did follow and so I went up Lex intending to go into my local pizza parlor. Next thing I know I hear someone yelling "Lady, lady" and I broke into a run. It was cops calling after me and they had the guy spread eagled against a storefront with two cop cars heading north on Lexington, which is a southbound avenue. Seeing those cop cars headed the wrong way let me know that the situation was dangerous.

Scared the $hit out of me! Cops asked me what the guy was saying and did he do anything to me. Found out that he had recently been released from prison for rape, but they could not detain him since he had done nothing other than follow me. So the cops let him go and then were ready to just leave me there. I made them walk me safely to my door and could see the guy hanging out at the end of the street. For the next few days, I was looking every which way before I would go into my building.

Wow, thank goodness the police got your guy too! How scary!

My kid, despite saying he was fine, was shaken up bad enough to come crawling in my bed at 2 am after a scary dream about the nut job. The world is just chock full of nuts... Too many!

Linda, glad your son is safe and that the weirdo got caught. I never heard of the scanner thread - I will have to go check it out.

Dont miss Juan a bit.... The Prosecutor in Andrea Sneidermans trial was how a REAL Prosecutor with sense, respect , etc should act in the court of law... and yep, thats jmo

Well Straitfan I am assuming that you are a George Strait fan. He is my boyfriend and has been since the 80's, he just does not know it!!! I am
a big fan of his too.

The JA/Alexander trial was the first trial I ever followed so I had never really seen lawyers at 'work'. I thought Juan was ok but I thought he strayed from the topic too much. I wish he had really driven home the brutality of the murder and left the jurors with the murder pictures in their minds. He may have and I missed it. He did get a Murder 1 conviction and extreme cruelty so I think he did a good job. Juan compared to the defense lawyers was definitely a no brainer. He was superior to them in every aspect IMO.

Do we know if next Monday is going to be live streamed?

Had some huge drama here today. My son was the victim of an attempted luring by a really scary guy that approached him and tried to grab him. He ran home, this happened like 300 feet from my home. I call the police. They caught him.
Police whisked us off to the police station, stuck us in separate rooms and took video taped statements. All we were told was there were "very troubling items in his back pack" they refused to elaborate further.
Detective called me at 10:10 to tell me his bail has been set at $75000 full cash bail and they suspect he will remain in jail until trial. Said he was charged with lots of things but would only tell me specifically the attempted luring. I will be called if he is released.
I'm having a WTF kinda day!

Yikes! I'd glad your son escaped...how is he doing today?

Dont miss Juan a bit.... The Prosecutor in Andrea Sneidermans trial was how a REAL Prosecutor with sense, respect , etc should act in the court of law... and yep, thats jmo

I liked him but he was over the top on his closing arguments. I saw him interviewed after the sentencing on HLN. Honest man, he believes murder charges will never be brought against AS.

No prosecutor is perfect; I thought Juan Martinez's style is different in a way that shows that he cares about the victim and their family. While Mr. James might feel the same way, it seemed that he was more indignant about AS lying to a court of law than her possible participation in Rusty's murder.

bringing this over:
Sure is irritating how the filing about needing to know the juror's Twitter accounts didn't mention anything about CMJA trying to taint the jury pool with her own tweets like the "sorry taxpayers I tried to settle...".

Wow, thank goodness the police got your guy too! How scary!

My kid, despite saying he was fine, was shaken up bad enough to come crawling in my bed at 2 am after a scary dream about the nut job. The world is just chock full of nuts... Too many!

Oh Linda, I am so glad your son is ok, relatively speaking. Thank you for sharing this. I truly had not thought about 15 year old males trying to be abducted. This was a good wake up call for me and a lot of us as well. Very thankful this creep was caught and hopefully will not be put back out on the streets. Ever. Please keep us apprised and let us know if we can do anything for you. You are an incredible mom.

Linda! Very Scary! I'm sorry it happened but the good news is that from now on your son will have his radar working, where a lot or most kids his age are just oblivious to the danger that lurks out there!

Oh Linda, I am so glad your son is ok, relatively speaking. Thank you for sharing this. I truly had not thought about 15 year old males trying to be abducted. This was a good wake up call for me and a lot of us as well. Very thankful this creep was caught and hopefully will not be put back out on the streets. Ever. Please keep us apprised and let us know if we can do anything for you. You are an incredible mom.

You're so sweet:)

He's 15! He's six foot tall too! Guy grabbed his wrist, my son yanked it away and said "get the F away from me" and ran.

Was so weird, I has just taken him to Game Stop to buy a video game. I had him and my dog in the car and dropped him and the dog off a block away so he could walk home with the dog (dog loves to walk and I wasn't feeling well) I past that nut job while driving home. I purposely waited outside because I got a bad feeling about that guy. Usually I just walk in the house.

This is so scary! Linda, I'm so glad your son is ok. So glad this creep was caught. I don't even want to imagine what could've happened.

The world we live in is too many kinds of screwed up. :sigh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcharlie View Post
Jodi Arias Allocution: The Mitigating Factors - YouTube
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
:bump: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:
I think this is the best spoof yet!!!!
-toenails :floorlaugh:
-premeditatin t-shirts :floorlaugh:

Good :websleuther: gcharlie - just love it when talented people make these YTubes- imagine Lego people who look like the defendant and her lawyers :floorlaugh: :facepalm: just perfect :drumroll:

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:
(brought this over from previous thread- had to, it's too precious to miss :floorlaugh:)

OH this was sooooooooo perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member