NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Team,

Not being a FB kind of guy, can anyone tell me when was the last time IM or LE or any family member posted anything concerning RM? When was the last ground search conducted? Are any more searches planned?

It appears to be so quiet (factually), that I just want to determine whether we are trying to help solve a mystery that has already been solved. No offense intended. Thanks very much J

IM's last post was last night about 12 hours ago and the page is still active, there is another air search with the mini copters today going on, so i guess its still an active search for him.

When an adult is the subject...LE, absolutely, has no obligation to report back to the family if he is alive and well and just does not want to be found. Unless he committed a crime or is involved in criminal activity...

I disagree. I'm not certain if they have an obligation, but on a moral or decency basis, they would tell the family that he was found and that the case is closed. I doubt very much they would leave the family hanging. They have families too.

JMO

I disagree. I'm not certain if they have an obligation, but on a moral or decency basis, they would tell the family that he was found and that the case is closed. I doubt very much they would leave the family hanging. They have families too.

JMO

Agreed.

Thinking more about what I mentioned -
RM seems like a homebody, and he's a big guy who drives a flashy car, and who's work brings him in contact with scape metal, especially oh so valuable copper! Add to that, the very place he never wants to leave his car at is where his car is found - locked, and where tracking dogs don't find a scent trail.. Oh, almost forgot, a trip to Italy was planned very recent to his disappearance, and his disappearance was the Friday right before Father's Day...

Something does not seem right about all this - too many things that don't make sense to me...

Could it be he simply took off, perhaps with help, to create a big media stir (which really hasn't happens) figuring to come back and a write a book, or do a reality feature, or whatever?
Yea, far fetched :croc:

Hey Team,

Not being a FB kind of guy, can anyone tell me when was the last time IM or LE or any family member posted anything concerning RM? When was the last ground search conducted? Are any more searches planned?

It appears to be so quiet (factually), that I just want to determine whether we are trying to help solve a mystery that has already been solved. No offense intended. Thanks very much J

Seems like the last search was done by volunteers mostly. I don't think the police were involved. There is a filmmaker type guy (volunteer) planning to do a 2nd camera copter search (probably run remotely from the ground). IMO, I doubt anything will come out of that. There is too much foliage, tall weeds and brush this time of year. I wish him luck though.

RM seems like a homebody, and he's a big guy who drives a flashy car, and who's work brings him in contact with scape metal, especially oh so valuable copper! Add to that, the very place he never wants to leave his car at is where his car is found - locked, and where tracking dogs don't find a scent trail.. Oh, almost forgot, a trip to Italy was planned very recent to his disappearance, and his disappearance was the Friday right before Father's Day...

Something does not seem right about all this - too many things that don't make sense to me...

Could it be he simply took off, perhaps with help, to create a big media stir (which really hasn't happens) figuring to come back and a write a book, or do a reality feature, or whatever?

I had a thought last night about the Italy trip. Maybe it was set up to get RM away from the person he was rumored to be texting or to have family alone time--- a way to remind him of the importance/love of his family. I'm aware I could be waay off base, but the thought occurred to me. Hope I'm not going over the line here.

All speculation . .

Wondering about the car again. Thinking out loud...

If RM has either contacted LE and informed them he is alive and well, or they have confirmed by other sources he is alive and well, would LE continue with the time and expense to process the car?

As it is not illegal to go missing on ones own accord, confirming this would make an further expenditure of time and money moot, assuming that no crime has been committed.

Knowing the status RM's car might shine a light on what is or what is not happening with regard to the case. If it was suddenly released to family without processing, that in my humble opinion would speak volumes.

Of course if it is still in LE impound, that would indicate to me that the case is still either active missing person or a criminal act is suspected.

(bolded)

IMO, they would stop the processing. I'm sure they would love to get it off their list of things to do. I think it is still an open case, unless the family is witholding that info. We can't be sure what is going on, IMO.

McSpy-- makes total sense to me--IMO
If RM has been reunited with his family, they may choose to say nothing to the public.
And as far as we know no crime has been committed

A friend of a friend of mine was killed in a car accident, it was a pretty bad one. 3 of the 4 people in the car died. They were thrown from the car and the police had a hard time figuring out who was driving. Well the person that lived was the driver. Drunk, as well. But my point being the article quoted mentioned a series of streets RM drove down to get to Arrow. In my friends case the police figured out who was driving because the driver was caught on several cameras.....in all those streets RM drove down.....not one camera picked him up? In today's day and age . I find that hard to believe.

actually--- I don't find it farfetched at all.

A friend of a friend of mine was killed in a car accident, it was a pretty bad one. 3 of the 4 people in the car died. They were thrown from the car and the police had a hard time figuring out who was driving. Well the person that lived was the driver. Drunk, as well. But my point being the article quoted mentioned a series of streets RM drove down to get to Arrow. In my friends case the police figured out who was driving because the driver was caught on several cameras.....in all those streets RM drove down.....not one camera picked him up? In today's day and age . I find that hard to believe.

Agree. In suffolk county, there is a camera on (almost) every corner.
Many businesses have cameras and some bad neighborhoods (town of huntington, for one) installed security cameras on lamp posts.
Hard to believe he was not seen on at least one. IMO.

I've read through this entire thread and some of the other threads on RM (but not all - whew, that's a lot of reading!)

Not sure what I make of all this, but sometimes it's best to go back to square one: what we know as FACT.

Fact - he was seen by co-workers on the jobsite that day (Friday, June 14)**.
Fact - he was at Arrow Scrap approximately 2:15 (Friday, June 14).
Fact - his car was found at Deer Park train station (Saturday, June 15).
Fact - Police either do not suspect foul play or have no evidence of foul play (there is a difference).

Other clues as told by I.M.:
1 - he left for work at 4:30 am (Friday, June 14)
2 - he talked to her on the phone at 9:00 am (Friday, June 14)
3 - his phone was pinged on Rte 110 in Huntington at 1:45 (Friday, June 14)
4 - his phone was dead/not receiving signal at 2:45 (Friday, June 14)
5 - Seat was moved forward in the car when it was found (Saturday, June 15)
6 - Wallet was left in garage/no ID
7 - Trunk empty (lunch pail, tools, etc. missing)
8 - green mountain bike missing

Clues by "insider" on original thread:
1 - car caught on neighbor's video camera arriving at his house and then leaving his house - approximate time at house: 10 minutes. Afternoon of Friday, June 14.

**I am conflicted as to whether the police or I.M. stated that he was seen by co workers that day.

Hang on, I think I'm going somewhere with this....

ETA to add mountain bike info

Did a little digging and found this forum from the Local 3 that he belonged to:

Local 3 Forum

Note that another member of Local 3 had gone missing recently (Freeman Downey). However, I did find a missing poster for him marked "FOUND" and can't find any info on a search for him.

Here is a story in the Long Island Press

Quote from above story:
"An Arrow foreman tells the Press Mayer had been a longtime, if sporadic, “customer” of the recycling center.

“He was a nice, well-composed individual,” he said Friday, August 2—exactly seven weeks to the minute of Mayer’s last known visit—but with little other details to offer. “Over the years, he probably came in here every so often to scrap some metal.”

Arrow’s surveillance cameras are aimed at the parking area and entrance, but the foreman declined to say whether they captured Mayer’s sharp red sportscar June 14—a vehicle, said another worker, that would have stood out from the typical daily parade of beat-up pickups and trucks filled with wiring and wreckage the majority of sellers haul their scraps to the center in (as was the case Friday afternoon).

“So strange,” said the worker, shaking his head and expressing sympathy for Mayer’s family as he clenched the “Missing” flyer.

Workers at Heavy Metal Scrap a few blocks away—the other recycling yard in the area that deals with the type of materials Mayer would have sold—did not recognize him, nor his car, when shown the handout."

BBM

Here is a story in the Long Island Press

Quote from above story:
"An Arrow foreman tells the Press Mayer had been a longtime, if sporadic, “customer” of the recycling center.

“He was a nice, well-composed individual,” he said Friday, August 2—exactly seven weeks to the minute of Mayer’s last known visit—but with little other details to offer. “Over the years, he probably came in here every so often to scrap some metal.”

Arrow’s surveillance cameras are aimed at the parking area and entrance, but the foreman declined to say whether they captured Mayer’s sharp red sportscar June 14—a vehicle, said another worker, that would have stood out from the typical daily parade of beat-up pickups and trucks filled with wiring and wreckage the majority of sellers haul their scraps to the center in (as was the case Friday afternoon).

“So strange,” said the worker, shaking his head and expressing sympathy for Mayer’s family as he clenched the “Missing” flyer.

Workers at Heavy Metal Scrap a few blocks away—the other recycling yard in the area that deals with the type of materials Mayer would have sold—did not recognize him, nor his car, when shown the handout."

BBM

Hmmm, interesting. Wonder why the Arrow scrap foreman declined to say if RM's vehicle was caught on their video or not? I thought their cameras weren't working.

Hmmm, interesting. Wonder why the Arrow scrap foreman declined to say if RM's vehicle was caught on their video or not? I thought their cameras weren't working.

I read that somewhere in one of these posts, too. I'm trying to find where to see who said it (I.M., insider, post on Facebook???). Does anybody remember?

I read that somewhere in one of these posts, too. I'm trying to find where to see who said it (I.M., insider, post on Facebook???). Does anybody remember?

I think on the FB FAQ sheet, it states IM went to Arrow 2 weeks after RM's disappearance, and was told the cameras were not working the day RM was there (supposedly June 14). Co-workers of RM's told her to check out Arrow, again, approx two weeks after June 14.

Maybe the cameras weren't working but the worker doesn't feel like he should be saying that in an interview.

JMO

They would tell the family he has contacted LE and does not want the family to know his whereabouts .

Remember Nadia Sulieman mom of 4 from Georgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave