Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is annoying me is that pesky work gets in the way of my time on websleuths. preparing prime rib for 125 ppl. on a Sunday morning. All these posts are interesting, and what is :floorlaugh: is that so many people think they were the snarker in question, and we have agreed to stop it on our own w/o getting time outs which I feel I have been thisclose to getting so glad
that popsicle got "us" back on track.

I don't feel that this case is going to go very much longer w/o finding Alexis. As RAT sits there w/o bond knowing the judge is not going to let him get a mistrial, and beings that VA has the DP, IMO, he will admit his crimes ala Brandon Scott Lavergne and will give up just one more victim (SC?) so that he will get life w/o parole. MOO, and wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong either.

I'm so glad you were all able to look at that site on the Familial DNA. We are on so many different threads, so many cases, too many FCS and now this great tool! I hope the thread stays open I didn't realize that DR's case thread was closed *omg* and thanks for all the other case links. I know that one day; crime labs and labs period will no longer be "backed up" and hopefully People will start to matter again. Doesn't it seem like there are just way too many cases open and unsolved right now; with DNA like this one, like Morgans and just so many others; the tools are coming and hopefully that will help in solving many of them. Sometimes Its hard for me to see snarkiness in a post, lol because I can be pretty dry when I write as well.

The other morning I waited as the judge went through all the cases, and he never called RAT; Either he did him first or they didn't get him to the courthouse that day; I missed it if they did! I think about Alexis often; gosh I still think about Morgan and her family. Some cases you feel you will never forget. I also agree with others in the thread that drugs or not RAT looks to be in his 60s easy or he has been washed up and spit out or something. I've wondered about an alias, or who the heck this guy really is.

With reports of people who knew him coming fwd and saying "yes I saw him sitting in th e parking lot JUST WATCHING" that sent chills right up my spine. Watching and Waiting. I wonder if he likes heavy metal concerts. *MH*

Imo, Alexis will be located in another jurisdiction other than where she was abducted. The predator that abducted her would likely be familiar with the rules of prey. Jurisdictional linkage blindness is a common denominator of tactics used by perps for body disposal in virtually every abduction in rural areas.
Imo, she will likely be located on State or National Forest land, as opposed to private property which has ties and may lead back to the perp.

Hunters are the eyes & ears of the forest.. Many missing/murdered persons are recovered every year due to aware hunters, hikers, fishermen, mountain bikers, and other outdoor persons.
Imo, flyers should be posted at check in stations, and hunting forums and other internet sites should be made aware to BOLO for anything suspicious or out of place & to notify authorities..

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/deer.asp
VA Firearm & Archery Deer Seasons (Dogs may be used in some areas) <See Map for VA Hunting>
Early Archery Season
October 5 through November 15: Statewide

Late Archery Seasons
December 2 through January 4:
Early and Late Anterless only Firearms Deer Seasons
During these seasons only antlerless deer may be taken.

Early: September 7 through October 4
Late: January 6, 2014 through March 29, 2014:
<sniped-read for more info>

The following are rivers north of Lovingston and near Charlottesville (information obtained from Wikipedia). Having lived in both Nelson county and Charlottesville, I am sure RAT knew of them.

'The Mechums River rises in northern Nelson County and flows for the remainder of its course in northwestern Albemarle County. It flows generally northeastwardly and joins the Moormans River to form the South Fork of the Rivanna River about 7 miles (11 km) northwest of Charlottesville.'

'The Rockfish River is formed in Nelson County, Virginia, by the confluence of its North and South Forks, both of which rise in the Blue Ridge Mountains near the Blue Ridge Parkway. It flows generally southeastwardly through northern Nelson County; in its lower course the river is used to define the boundary between Nelson and Albemarle counties. It enters the James River from the northwest on the common boundary of the two counties, about 8 miles (13 km) southwest of Scottsville.'

OT Sorta-

http://waterburyobserver.org/node/402

The Shattered Vase Theory....

<sniped - read more>

When serious leads aren't followed up by law enforcement, Bill and Jan Smolinski scour the woods for the remains of their missing son Billy, who was murdered in August 2004.

Story and Photographs By John Murray

Picture the murder of Billy Smolinski as a crystal vase. Hold it in your hands. Spin it around. Now drop it on the kitchen floor and watch it shatter into a thousand pieces.

Each shard of glass represents a clue into who killed Billy on August 24th, 2004. When patched together the vase reveals the gruesome truth of who murdered Billy, and why. The vase points to the spot Billy is buried in the Naugatuck Valley.

In the best of circumstances it would take a master craftsman to cobble that broken vase back together, but what if the glass is left on the floor for weeks, for months, for seven years? Glass gets kicked around into the living room, the dining room and gets jammed into the rubber soles of your shoes and is transported into the yard, into town, and across state borders.

You send investigators into each room to collect glass, but shockingly they refuse to share what they gather with the other investigators.

"'Imo, Alexis will be located in another jurisdiction other than where she was abducted. The predator that abducted her would likely be familiar with the rules of prey. Jurisdictional linkage blindness is a common denominator of tactics used by perps for body disposal in virtually every abduction in rural areas.

As much as I think these tipsters are well connected, I do not believe Alexis will be found on dry land. The guy, see I don't like to say rat. Rat implies to me he would turn evidence or even rats the little mammals seem to have their own reputations and I am sure if they could speak would say Taylor is giving them a bad name!

I am quite sure that the other female that he was questioned about was disposed in water. I can see in his statements he is very confident she will not be found!

I would look at the tires and underside of all of the vehicles he had access to from the time of the video at the gas station. FBI can look for soil or mud! Unless he has a 50 /50 partner in these 2 crimes I am telling you she is under water! Now if he has a 50 / 50 partner well who knows, but I think he is convinced that his partner followed the plan.

FBI I hope is looking for any sightings near a body of water. This guy is not likely involved in the MH type of disposal. Maybe common threads, but no, this girl I don't believe is going to be found by looking for vultures or tracks going in an upward motion.

There are a few of us that had reliable information of LE wanting to actually drain a lake two weeks prior to this incident. The Lake was in the County where his trailer and SUV were impounded.

He watches crime shows, we know that! Water is the bet! I'd put money on it, though I would never ever take a dime! Look for scrapings or tracks close to seldom used access points to lakes.

I wonder if he had a lot of concrete blocks, bags of cement, or cables that could be used as weights? Chains even? Darn, it is just hard to believe this guy does not go fishing on some type of a boat!

Anything, tackle box, old rod and reals. He is just too confident! Way too confident!

what is annoying me is that pesky work gets in the way of my time on websleuths. preparing prime rib for 125 ppl. on a Sunday morning. All these posts are interesting, and what is :floorlaugh: is that so many people think they were the snarker in question, and we have agreed to stop it on our own w/o getting time outs which I feel I have been thisclose to getting so glad
that popsicle got "us" back on track.

I don't feel that this case is going to go very much longer w/o finding Alexis. As RAT sits there w/o bond knowing the judge is not going to let him get a mistrial, and beings that VA has the DP, IMO, he will admit his crimes ala Brandon Scott Lavergne and will give up just one more victim (SC?) so that he will get life w/o parole. MOO, and wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong either.[/quote

I feel just the opposite. It seems like he got away with one three years ago that just emboldens him. There are so many places he could of put her I'm really afraid they won't find her body. Without a body he figures he'll walk again. I just don't see this perp as the type to confess.

No, I don't see him confessing either, not after his big stand against LE for being unfairly harassed, etc...JMO

My opinion of RAT, based on his past antisocial and criminal behavior and other known personality traits and acts:

As in any culture, or in any community spread across this great nation. There are those among us who refuse or are unable to adapt to a civilized society, skirting the rules and laws that guide the rest of us through life. Fortunately they are the exception rather than the rule.

Due to their selfish need to fulfill their evil desires or sexual fantasies, their lack of empathy for humanity, as well as their self assurance of remaining anonymous or stealth by hiding behind their masks of normalcy (at least in the darkness of their minds), they resort to the unimaginable, or unconscionable deviant behavior..

These psychopathic predators, who know no boundaries of sanity, prey on unsuspecting innocent victims.

Many of these predators hone their skills with each innocent victim devoured, increasing their confidence, while causing escalation.
Although, most of these predators have an uncanny ability to shield their motives, with their expressionless faces, while hiding behind their fake smiles, combined with their lifeless eyes can not conceal their true intentions.

The only effective weapon that we all posses, is detection: Be cautious, adhere to personal safety rules, and 'Trust your Natural Instincts'.

We all must be on guard 24/7-365, and look out for one another. No one, in any US town is immune to becoming an innocent victim of the silent epidemic of missing/murdered persons, imo...

scary but true

The following are rivers north of Lovingston and near Charlottesville (information obtained from Wikipedia). Having lived in both Nelson county and Charlottesville, I am sure RAT knew of them.

'The Mechums River rises in northern Nelson County and flows for the remainder of its course in northwestern Albemarle County. It flows generally northeastwardly and joins the Moormans River to form the South Fork of the Rivanna River about 7 miles (11 km) northwest of Charlottesville.'

'The Rockfish River is formed in Nelson County, Virginia, by the confluence of its North and South Forks, both of which rise in the Blue Ridge Mountains near the Blue Ridge Parkway. It flows generally southeastwardly through northern Nelson County; in its lower course the river is used to define the boundary between Nelson and Albemarle counties. It enters the James River from the northwest on the common boundary of the two counties, about 8 miles (13 km) southwest of Scottsville.'

Hey J, what about the Maury River?

OT: I was talking to my SAR friend yesterday and asked her about covering a site with something like cayenne pepper. The reply was that a good dog would change his behavior and a good handler would pick up on it. I asked about water, reply, 'no problem, a dog will pick up on that too. They are trained for that. Things used to try to cover scent will be picked up as out of the ordinary, and the dog will respond. The teams are not perfect, but they are very very good. The areas that have been searched can now be eliminated as places where she is not. (although I do acknowledge this isn't 100%).
I asked, what if placed in something like a crypt, 'dog will know'. She said, 'they will find her, they will.' And she said the teams out there are good, very very good!
Course I know she loves her dogs, and teams, but just thought I'd throw this bit in, especially regarding the idea of using water bodies./or vehicles.

I agree that FBI do, and should, become involved when a child/minor goes missing..

I am still just trying to make sense of the reason(or one of the reasons) it was reported that the FBI was brought in for "familial ties"...

THAT is the part that has me puzzled...

Why was that statement even made?

JMO

Is there another source that specifically says "familial ties"?

Because this article clearly says (IMO) "family connections" - which I think is night and day different from the inference behind family ties.

The FBI is involved - we're told - because of family connections.
Investigators haven't said if they saw anything on surveillance cameras in the parking lot where her car was found. They confirmed Thursday that are still under assumption that she is still in Virginia.

If it's truly "family connections" I really think it's meaning someone in her family has ties to the FBI and that helped get them in (whether that was just sooner or at all entirely I don't know - though I guess when they realized who was involved, the FBI would have gotten involved sooner than later anyway)

But again, that's just my read - and my read based on only having seen "family connections."

ETA, there were a few posts I hadn't read before I wrote this. Are you guys talking familial ties more in theory? Because it's been used in VA? If so, maybe that's why I'm feeling like I'm on a different page with the phrasing. LOL.

Glad the benefit was good!

I sure pray today is the day Alexis is found!

I can't help but remember the photos of RAT's home, soooo overgrown with brush that you could barely see it (could barely see it in satellite photos as well). This is how I'm imagining his possible garage / workshop, second area where he might take his victims. Perhaps it is some old abandoned shed sooooooooo overgrown and covered with brush that its practically camo (like his truck). And behind this metal building covered with brush is perhaps a burial ground / firepit (maybe on the fire pit, fires attract attention). JMO. There would have to be some sort of dirt road leading up to this area, to bring his vehicle in and do the vehicle thing where he can rid the car of evidence (wash, change tires, deal with tarps, etc.)

Has it been determined if he used meth? If he manufactured it, maybe this is the same place as his possible second location / garage, assuming he didn't do it in his house or camper.

BTW, I think all you locals are doing a great job of thinking about areas where Alexis might be. Perhaps it would be a good idea to consolidate all these possible ideas/ locations into one area on this board. I'm going to start a thread specifically dealing with the search and possible areas to be searched, and try to bring over all the posts in order starting from thread one dealing with locations. Stay tuned for the link. :)

OT: I was talking to my SAR friend yesterday and asked her about covering a site with something like cayenne pepper. The reply was that a good dog would change his behavior and a good handler would pick up on it. I asked about water, reply, 'no problem, a dog will pick up on that too. They are trained for that. Things used to try to cover scent will be picked up as out of the ordinary, and the dog will respond. The teams are not perfect, but they are very very good. The areas that have been searched can now be eliminated as places where she is not. (although I do acknowledge this isn't 100%).
I asked, what if placed in something like a crypt, 'dog will know'. She said, 'they will find her, they will.' And she said the teams out there are good, very very good!
Course I know she loves her dogs, and teams, but just thought I'd throw this bit in, especially regarding the idea of using water bodies./or vehicles.

deja vu Mickey Shunick and Jon Benet. all these things were discussed, especially JBR, I guess the handlers feel the dogs don't make mistakes, but if they do, IMO, it's very, very rarely

Well, it looks like there is new tradition in Alexis's thread. Virtual treats for all dogs involved in her search!

:beagle: :beagle: :beagle: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :beagle: :beagle: :beagle:

Thanks for posting, popsicle. :) Go Doggies! Thank you Rika! You are precious!

Tut tut.....those treats look like they have chocolate in them....not good for doggie

**licks off chocolate for safety reasons and hands back**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member