Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting myself for reference:
BTW, I think all you locals are doing a great job of thinking about areas where Alexis might be. Perhaps it would be a good idea to consolidate all these possible ideas/ locations into one area on this board. I'm going to start a thread specifically dealing with the search and possible areas to be searched, and try to bring over all the posts in order starting from thread one dealing with locations. Stay tuned for the link. :)

Sorry for the delay on this. I was just about to get to this other new thread, when I came across an emergency in Adrienne Salinas' thread. Another body has turned up in an area Hip and I were mapping in relation to Adrienne's killer's possible awareness space!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9783467&postcount=343"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9783467&postcount=343[/ame]

I will get to this other thread as soon as I get a chance!!!

Because this article clearly says (IMO) "family connections" - which I think is night and day different from the inference behind family ties......
If it's truly "family connections" I really think it's meaning someone in her family has ties to the FBI

I can truly clear up what could be the case!

In our families case we went straight to the FBI and asked? Why, local LE had recently been found to not be effective. That was all it took. Now, the State and local police just as the FBI told us - did not like that very much at all if you'd please.

I know all too well about Virginia still reliving the civil War. But get over it! The Feds don't want to control your minds! Heck D.C, accounts for half your darn tax money anyway..

It is judgement call, every citizen has a right to go straight to the FBI! Virginians just don't get it! Then as a US citizen explain your concerns. Heck, one mention of the Shinny White girl and no equal protection in the eyes of the law--- Slam DUNK!

or another route, no discrimination at all - just a proven track record of local and State police not being able to protect its "juveniles". See adults vote, juveniles don't! Juveniles must be and I can site 30 cases must be protected by the United States of America on our soil or foreign soil!

So being a connection, just may mean being knowledgeable.
The FBI has been on the ground in Virginia for years in these cases. Many many people believe and have for years asked for a full scale investigation of these type of cases in Virginia!

Fact is, that investigation may have been started the day Lt. Rader retired.

If you have a daughter in Virginia she is at a 2 to 1 risk of some form of assault as if she were in 39 other states.

The FBI has resources that it simply cannot hand out to thousands of Barney Fifths!

If you have missing family member and he or she is an adult, get ready for a rude awakening! 1 day between 17 years old and 18 and it is a total different game! But, thats where the line is drawn, read-em and weep! Unless you can make the case of civil rights, crossing state lines or inept and corrupted local LE.

RE Heroine: "I'm pregnant and I'm due any day now so my hormones are getting the best of me."

Congratulations, Heroine.

The last weeks of a pregnancy seem to take forever, especially in August. The air gets so hot and heavy that bees fly in slow motion and ants just hang around staring at picnic crumbs.

It will all be worth it. Nothing like a little Virgo to take over your life: intelligent, analytical, reflective, observant, thoughtful, practical--Wait. Your baby already sounds like a true sleuth, and potential editor, in waiting.:seeya:

Quoting myself for reference:

Sorry for the delay on this. I was just about to get to this other new thread, when I came across an emergency in Adrienne Salinas' thread. Another body has turned up in an area Hip and I were mapping in relation to Adrienne's killer's possible awareness space!!!!!!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9783467&postcount=343

I will get to this other thread as soon as I get a chance!!!

gee-zuzz, you have got to be kidding--but I know you're not!:scared:

I can truly clear up what could be the case!

In our families case we went straight to the FBI and asked? Why, local LE had recently been found to not be effective. That was all it took. Now, the State and local police just as the FBI told us - did not like that very much at all if you'd please.

I know all too well about Virginia still reliving the civil War. But get over it! The Feds don't want to control your minds! Heck D.C, accounts for half your darn tax money anyway..

It is judgement call, every citizen has a right to go straight to the FBI! Virginians just don't get it! Then as a US citizen explain your concerns. Heck, one mention of the Shinny White girl and no equal protection in the eyes of the law--- Slam DUNK!

or another route, no discrimination at all - just a proven track record of local and State police not being able to protect its "juveniles". See adults vote, juveniles don't! Juveniles must be and I can site 30 cases must be protected by the United States of America on our soil or foreign soil!

So being a connection, just may mean being knowledgeable.
The FBI has been on the ground in Virginia for years in these cases. Many many people believe and have for years asked for a full scale investigation of these type of cases in Virginia!

Fact is, that investigation may have been started the day Lt. Rader retired.

If you have a daughter in Virginia she is at a 2 to 1 risk of some form of assault as if she were in 39 other states.

The FBI has resources that it simply cannot hand out to thousands of Barney Fifths!

If you have missing family member and he or she is an adult, get ready for a rude awakening! 1 day between 17 years old and 18 and it is a total different game! But, thats where the line is drawn, read-em and weep! Unless you can make the case of civil rights, crossing state lines or inept and corrupted local LE.

<modsnip> You are upset, and you have a right to be. Lots of these cases are botched all over the US, I think it was Foxfire who said this. I'm sure no one on this board has a problem with calling in the FBI, really, you just can't get enough attention or help when it comes to finding a missing person. Also said by Foxfire and was very prevalent in the Mickey Shunick ncase was the perp going all over the place, putting body in one county, bike in another, after committing the crime in yet another!

There are bad LE, but by and large, these people risk their lives on a daily basis. My bro in law, homicide cop in Indianapoilis, came into the shop one day and asked if I could make him his favorite meal real quick and I said yeah, why? He pulled out a photo of a perp he was on the way to apprehend and it was the meanest looking guy ever! On the back of the photo had this guy's info, and it said that he most definitely would not let LE apprehend him peacefully and to expect gunfire. At that moment, I had kind of an epiphany
about cops.

<modsnip> If my son disappeared and was murdered, I don't know if I would have the courage or will to live. You are now in my prayers and I don't know about anyone else but I'd like to hear more about your story.

Originally Posted by Billie Jean James
All good points. I maybe wrong but I think the son is a juvenile, adding to the lack of information. I can understand it too!

The man in jail resembles a tip from a reliable source in the Harrington case. The tip was months before any DNA hit was made. It included descriptions of two men around the bridge.

Now this was right after L. Rader went on TV. The tip described two men, returning from a late night / early morning presence along the railroad tracks. The same tip most will know seems to fit several other tips placing Morgan at the hotel / motel the night or next morning of Metallica concert.

The tips we recognized later as being misfiled or not followed up on, this was in print. But here is why, they became an acknowledged screw up. The descriptions were two men laughing openly about the time they spent with the party girl. One a black man with a receding hair line that seemed noticeable to this observer because other wise he seemed to be in his late 30's.

But, even weirder and this will be hard.On the night of third tip! The first two tips were lost. the 3rd tip was reported to FBI not VSP. And this is hard AND YOU MUST PAUSE. The white man in the duo when asked for a description said he kind of looked like the VSP officer Rader.

When pressed he said said, oh no not he actual man Rader, but he looks like he could be his brother. Now 4 years later, before any Black man was described and before the recent pictures of Taylor it begs for people to get a picture of Taylor from 4 years ago, put it side by side with Rader at the time of the tip and see if you think it was not a remarkable tip.

No one is implying Rader was involved, he was just used as a reference for the description.

So the question of half of the validity of the tip is can all of you zero out the mug shots and with an open mind see the description, I'll be darn if he doesn't look like Rader. If Taylor had on more weight and was 4 years younger and healthier.

The other thing is if the Taylor creep was there he probably would make sure the black dudes sweat and hairs were kept, then later applied to the Pantera shirt and displayed in a place that would lead LE in the wrong direction [sound familar?]. Like keeping a beer can, who does that.

Also a message to the man in the sketch, keep your mouth shut, tell your girl friend you are going down and I ain't even going to be a suspect.

I don't know about anything but the tips. They were reported and finally followed up on by the real FBI in person! The rest about the DNA and planting the t-shirt only became an Idea after this creep was arrested.

But, I'll be darn! He does kind of look like he would be related to Rader, just looks like. Sorry to Mr Rader, it is just the way you look.

There seems to be 2,3 or more in related disappearances. There are just too many things that match up again and again.

The taunting! I guess that's it mostly. Going to THE HOOK, going to the court about the GPS, speaking out about the DNA on the beer can. Again a black man. Just too much!

Sorry for the long post. Maybe it will open some minds.

I just wish they would find this girl alive, Please! If not find her and start the process.

The problem with your analysis is that the DNA found matched DNA from a previous rape case.

Hello all. First post here. I've had a possible theory running through my head for a couple of weeks now and after reading Billie Jean's post thought I would share. I can't discount the idea that there is some connection between Taylor and Morgan Harrington. The location that Morgan was found was just so out of the way and would require local knowledge of the area. I believe that Taylor knows of a lot of out of the way places.
Also as Billie Jean mentioned, the similarities between Taylor and Rader are there. I can certainly see that if I saw someone last night and then saw Rader on TV the next day I could say oh the guy I saw looked a bit like him.

Now maybe this is giving Taylor too much credit but what if he was the "party planner" for lack of a better term and that he had "clients" for which he would abduct and provide a girl to said client. Taylor would also be the clean up man. This could explain the source of income for a person that doesn't seem to have a regular job.

If the DNA in the Harrington case actually belongs to the man in the sketch from Fairfax, perhaps he was also a client of Taylors.
The phones that were found could also tie in here. Maybe they were just burner phones for Taylor. Why you would throw them away near where you were living wouldn't be too smart. But why were they there?

I know this may sound a bit far fetched but if any of it were true who knows how many missing persons this guy could be responsible for.

As much as I think these tipsters are well connected, I do not believe Alexis will be found on dry land. The guy, see I don't like to say rat. Rat implies to me he would turn evidence or even rats the little mammals seem to have their own reputations and I am sure if they could speak would say Taylor is giving them a bad name!!

respectfully snipped by me - yes I hate that his initials spell the name of one of my favorite animals! I know it means nothing but it chaps my butt!

<modsnip> You are upset, and you have a right to be. Lots of these cases are botched all over the US, I think it was Foxfire who said this. I'm sure no one on this board has a problem with calling in the FBI, really, you just can't get enough attention or help when it comes to finding a missing person. Also said by Foxfire and was very prevalent in the Mickey Shunick ncase was the perp going all over the place, putting body in one county, bike in another, after committing the crime in yet another!

There are bad LE, but by and large, these people risk their lives on a daily basis. My bro in law, homicide cop in Indianapoilis, came into the shop one day and asked if I could make him his favorite meal real quick and I said yeah, why? He pulled out a photo of a perp he was on the way to apprehend and it was the meanest looking guy ever! On the back of the photo had this guy's info, and it said that he most definitely would not let LE apprehend him peacefully and to expect gunfire. At that moment, I had kind of an epiphany
about cops.

<modsnip> If my son disappeared and was murdered, I don't know if I would have the courage or will to live. You are now in my prayers and I don't know about anyone else but I'd like to hear more about your story.

oops sorry cp

Hi Mom, what article, and who is Anon? Did I miss something? Just wanted to say, maybe I'm wrong, but most people on here are anonymous.

<SBM>

has nothing to do with anyone here, nor his guilt or innocence: this post made sense in the order it was written- about an MSM article where the sources were not named. MSM needs to be asking the difficult questions of LE-

It is opinion, imo- and for me, has zero to do with finding Alexis, just MSM pot stirring.

Is there another source that specifically says "familial ties"?

Because this article clearly says (IMO) "family connections" - which I think is night and day different from the inference behind family ties.

If it's truly "family connections" I really think it's meaning someone in her family has ties to the FBI and that helped get them in (whether that was just sooner or at all entirely I don't know - though I guess when they realized who was involved, the FBI would have gotten involved sooner than later anyway)

But again, that's just my read - and my read based on only having seen "family connections."

ETA, there were a few posts I hadn't read before I wrote this. Are you guys talking familial ties more in theory? Because it's been used in VA? If so, maybe that's why I'm feeling like I'm on a different page with the phrasing. LOL.
Thank you for linking that article....

Yes...,when I used my own words "family ties" I should have used the reported term (in the article you linked) of "family connections"...

but I am still puzzled what types of connections, which family, etc... Is being referred to...

JMO

I keep checking in on this thread hoping to find out Alexis (& Samantha) have been found....

Yes...,when I used my own words "family ties" I should have used the reported term (in the article you linked) of "family connections"...

but I am still puzzled what types of connections, which family, etc... Is being referred to...

JMO

IMO, growing up in Virginia (well, specifically NOVA), everyone has "family connections" to LE, FBI and government workers. It was always a long-standing joke that all our parents worked for "the government" but none of us really knew what they actually did.

I also have a friend who works at the DFS (department of forensic science) here. I've picked her brains a couple if times about DNA testing (my husband and I have a long running debate about DNA testing...and racism). Anyway, there's my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

JMO

You know what I think is interesting, it seems like the last several months we're really on a streak with cases that seem to have huge gaps in what we're hearing.

Not that that hasn't happened in the past and not that there aren't times it's necessary for LE to move a case forward and perhaps not tip someone off or something, but it seems like every case we're missing huge chunks of info which makes trying to sleuth or make heads and tails of it really hard.

I mean, Clue, even for the last case you and I were both really invested in at the same time (before I got sick) - Katrina - yeah there were obviously things we didn't know, but it just feels so different in pretty much all the cases right now...

Alexis, Robert Mayer, Adrienne, Jessica Heeringa, Susan Jacobsen, and on and on.

Don't you think?

http://ww2.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/252267/

This is one of the better write ups I could find but according to this it appears that VSP has not released the source of the DNA match to the Fairfax suspect.

Is this what you were looking for?

Please remember LE does NOT share all information with relatives of an adult.
One very important fact is that the unique [all though a matching pair] bracelet was returned to the mother.

Now, no mater how anyone looks at, the bracelet if there was a struggle or if bondage was involved would certainly not been returned if any trace of evidence existed.

It is very safe to assume that the DNA did come the T-shirt. If you time stamp the display of the t-shirt and it being taken to Amy for the ID. You can see that DNA fit the time of the shirt testing, not the time of the body being found.

Now as reviled by a couple of people there was evidence of more than 3 DNA donors. Maybe as much as 6 on that shirt.

Use caution when using the Mother as a reliable source of evidence after the disappearance. She was a nurse, never a scientist and not a expert in anyway of the sciences of what has been done in this case.

As seen she also intertwines her dreams or visions and writes poetry that would be impossible to ever be true. Thus, the reason that LE does not have any reason to ever be compelled to share what they have with a case involving a deceased adult! If MH had a husband if he would not be told such details.

The ability for a successful prosecution outweighs the needs for the family.
Now in this case you have parents of minor child.

It is as different as apples vs oranges. I am sorry but it is true. Also the quotes of her Mother talking of stench are just NOT true and in no way will ever help in a trial. The Mother certainly is in pain, there s no blame on her. But we all must restrain from calling her a reliable source.

Thank you to all the awesome folks who replied to my question. I had spent some time trying to figure this out based upon the various dates. I think that it has been left vague for a reason.
In regards to the "keeping it close to the vest" approach, I have mixed feelings. We have all seen some cases where LE had someone in their sights and used this strategy effectively. There have also been cases where it seems this strategy did not work at all, and it would have been wiser to lay their cards on the table. I think the most confusing part is that sometimes they are not intentionally keeping it close to the vest, but have rather reached a point in the investigation where the leads dry up and the leads they pursued did not produce any helpful information. I think the pressure they are under from the public as well as from within their own organizations, is what prevents them from just coming out and saying, " We really have no clue what happened, and we don't know where to go from here." As a result, I am always left to wonder, are they just keeping it close to the vest or do they simply not have enough information to make headway in the investigation.
I am praying for this beautiful young lady, and I hope that some progress is made very soon.

Good morning everyone! Here's to hoping we get some good news today.

I haven't seen a lot of theories as to how RAT may have lured Alexis, how her car got to the cinemax, an accomplice, etc. Whether she was ever at his house with or without CRD. Does CRD even exist? I'd like to see some theories on how this whole thing may have gone down. Getting her car to the cinemax really has me puzzled. Even if they do have cctv the person may not be clear enough to make out. But was there another vehicle that picked that person up?

Good morning everyone! Here's to hoping we get some good news today.

I haven't seen a lot of theories as to how RAT may have lured Alexis, how her car got to the cinemax, an accomplice, etc. Whether she was ever at his house with or without CRD. Does CRD even exist? I'd like to see some theories on how this whole thing may have gone down. Getting her car to the cinemax really has me puzzled. Even if they do have cctv the person may not be clear enough to make out. But was there another vehicle that picked that person up?
I don't remember, has the actual footage of the CCTV image of her vehicle been published? The clarity would help one decide if a person could be id'ed or if multiple people could be seen.
I wonder if AM actually drove her vehicle to the cinemax, and the abduction took place sometime after that. Would account for the early searches around the MH site. Maybe RAT followed her from the gas station, to the Cineplex, lured her to his vehicle in same parking lot for say a "buy", grabbed her using a weapon , and was then off. I am not thinking any accomplice, as none was seen nor reported at the times that he sat and "watched" people at the gas station. I think he waited alone for opportunity, which precludes much additional help, in this case.
I highly doubt that she was actually at his "house" willingly.

CRD does exist.
No the video of her car being parked hasnt been published but a pic of it the night cops found it has been.
Someone had to have picked RAT up at the clubhouse. A scent was trailed there.

CRD does exist.
No the video of her car being parked hasnt been published but a pic of it the night cops found it has been.
Someone had to have picked RAT up at the clubhouse. A scent was trailed there.

This has me thinking if someone did pick him up at the clubhouse, could have been CRD. Maybe RAT has a cell, called CRD about buying the pot, CRD gave RAT to camper and stopped in for a beer.

Wonder if RAT's cell phone records are back, if he has a cell. Of course he could have set up an arrangement earlier, but it could explain the situation if there really is a CRD and beer bottle with his DNA at the camper rather easily. And CRD, if real, would probably love to get his hands on RAT for trying to set him up if so. However, RAT would have to know CRD's name or nickname for that to happen.

Just a theory. Nothing to it. Just thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member