Ariel Castro: Convicted Cleveland kidnapper/rapist found dead in cell

Here's the AP article on this; http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...-found-suicide.html?emc=edit_na_20130904&_r=0

Ohio Man Who Held 3 Women Captive Is Found Dead
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: September 4, 2013 at 1:35 AM ET

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The man who held three women captive in his home for nearly a decade before one escaped has been found dead and is believed to have committed suicide, a prison official said....

It's amazing how often that happens, even on "suicide watch".

:moo:

Oh, well.

i just noticed this on twitter and came to see if the word had spread. The only thing i can hope is that he didn't take any secrets to his grave : i.e. other victims.

BBM

I agree.

I just read this and came rushing to WS to see what everyone else here had to say. I hate that he took the easy way out but I am glad he is gone from this earth. I hope it brings some peace to the girls to know that he is gone an they don't have to read or hear about him trying to get an appeal or giving an interview or trying to sue for right to see the daughter he had with one of the girls.

I would have liked him to suffer forever in prison, hated and isolated. But for the sake of the young daughter, i am glad he is dead. Now her mom can truthfully tell her that Ariel is dead (if she chooses to, if the little girl asks about her dad).

I'm sure hell already had reservations for this demon and I hope he spends an eternity in the fiery inferno of hell. As I have said before "Stop, drop and roll doesn't work in Hell.

May he be cremated and thrown in a landfill.

BBM

Why turn a perfectly good landfill into a superfund site. Put his whole body on a rocket and fire it into the sun. JMO

Good he saved the state a lot of money. There's a special place for evil ones like this who hurt innocents. Such a hypocrite, being locked up forever was too much for him, but he didn't give a care about the little girls he had locked up. The world is a better place without him in it.

You said it better than I was gonna try and say it. :thumb:

I'm sorry for his family members that are good people and hope this doesn't somehow upset the victims worse than going to trial.

There was never going to be a trial; he was sentenced last month to his thousands of years. I have a feeling that this will bring some peace to the girls.

Also, I'm wondering if he left a note, only because when they raided his house they found a journal where he had confessed to being a sick pervert and he can't stop what he's doing, etc., etc., so he did at some level recognize that he was a monster and felt the need to put it on paper. I'd be really interested to hear what his final thoughts were. Bet it was about his daughter with Amanda. I also hope that he tied the knot poorly and it was a slow, excruciating death.

My hope is Michelle, Amanda and Gina can move forward from this turn of events, in the knowledge that they are truly brave women who fought for their lives and remained true to themselves in the face of enormous obstacles. They are to be admired and respected. By contrast Ariel's suicide, after just one month, is evidence that he was weak, cowardly and obsessed with his own power.

Good riddance. I hope the jailers do not suffer repercussions from this.

He's facing THE Judge right about now........

This really ticks me off.

Hanging himself was his means of escape. He only got a little taste of what captivity is like. He got to choose how and when he ended his imprisonment.

Personally, I view Castro's suicide as 'Justice Denied'.

I view it as perfect justice. He carried out his own death penalty. Now his victims don't have to worry him at all.

What a complete PANSY! He steals these girls lives but can't handle a month into his sentence, in protective custody! Wow. COWARD!! I am happy he is gone! Wiped off this earth, never to return, never to hurt another innocent person again!

This monster can never spew any other hurtful, disgusting, self-serving comments/excuses again, like he did at sentencing.

I am especially happy for Amanda's daughter. She will never, ever have to listen to this <unusual> person's words again. His proclamations of love for his daughter made me want to vomit. He was the worst of the worst and took the cowards way out.

May these women continue to try to find peace, love, happiness, and finally have some closure! They deserve it. These women TRIUMPHED over evil! Their strength and courage is nothing AC could take away. They had more courage and strength in their little finger, than this monster had in his entire being, all proven by the pathetic way he died.

Continued prayers for all of the victims of this creep!

I view it as perfect justice. He carried out his own death penalty. Now his victims don't have to worry him at all.

When you put it that way, it makes me wonder why he negotiated a plea deal to take the death penalty off the table, all that money wasted on lawyers when he could have plead guilty to everything and possibly ended up the same way.

I guess he couldn't take imprisonment...the very same thing he
did to those poor girl for 10 and more years, he couldn't do
himself.
He is simply an evil coward!
^i^
He had it WAY better than those girls ever did! They did 10 years of abuse, beatings, rape etc... He was in protective custody. The easy life, yet he couldn't handle it. He was only sentenced a month ago. Coward is right! . :stormingmad:

This saved the state an enormous amount of money.
IMOO it's great news.

He probably couldn't cope without his *advertiser censored* stash, that's all he seemed to care about in life.

When you put it that way, it makes me wonder why he negotiated a plea deal to take the death penalty off the table, all that money wasted on lawyers when he could have plead guilty to everything and possibly ended up the same way.

Because he wasn't going to "allow" someone else to dictate when he was going to die. He is a manipulator and a control freak - he wanted the final say so.

As the gates of Hell receive their newest evil monster, the Heavens rejoice!

My thoughts and prayers go out to Amanda, Michelle, Gina, and Amanda's little daughter; I am sure this is likely to be welcome news, tinged with some feelings of uncertainty. They will never again have to worry that this monster might be hiding around some corner--he is gone forever. No more ridiculous requests for visitation, no possibility of him sending a letter through the mail, no possibility of an unwanted phone call. These lovely women are forever free of this monster--free to live their lives, to grow and experience all of the things they were so long denied. May God bless and enrich them immensely.

My thoughts and prayers are also with his adult children, his mother and his siblings. Whether they had denounced their relationship with him or not, he was still a member of their family and any loss, especially by suicide, is a difficult one to endure. I hope they know that the actions of this family member are no reflection on them--he, alone, committed those horrific atrocities and he, alone, carried the guilt for those acts; may their heavy hearts be relieved of the burdens which were thrust upon them. May God grant them peace.

He kidnapped and held the 3 hostages as prisoners for 10 years, YET HE COULDN'T HANDLE IT.

Ironic doesn't even describe this. You are 100% correct. He could not stand being in prision for even a fraction of the time that he imprisoned his victims.
Even without the cruelty, rapes, starvation, killing and torture that he inflicted on His victims, he could not take it.
I am not sorry he's dead.
I can only hope that this new drama does not upset his victims, I pray for them.

I guess he couldn't take imprisonment...the very same thing he
did to those poor girl for 10 and more years, he couldn't do
himself.
He is simply an evil coward!
^i^

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics