AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe, 15 Jun 2013 - #8

I was wondering the same. I saw the same post but no one has been ruled out from DNA. The LE took his DNA so if and when they found her, if there was DNA found on her they could see if it matches his. No one has been ruled out from DNA because we don't know of there was any found.

Does anyone HAVE a MSM link that clearly indicates that LE did, in fact, get DNA from the cabbie? Or from anyone for that matter?

Adrienne's DNA could have been taken from bones, or teeth. So there is no way to know if her remains were in a condition to preserve DNA from another person.

For your information, I have stated several times that the call time listed is the time the call ended. I have also stated that according to T-Mobile those listed times are the time the call ended. Whether it makes sense or not, that's the way they do it. As an aside, the police have listed 4:23 as the official time of the call, as well, not 4:26. <Mod Snip>-Cab Guy

This just confirmed by T mobile that the call times on the phone bill are the times the call was initiated NOT when the call was hung up or dropped from the tower.

Thanks so much for confirming what T-Mobile told me too. I have had T-Mobile in the past and the call log always had when the calls were initiated on one side and the duration of the calls on the other. Also, T-Mobile stated to me today that the time of the calls is always from where the customer has their service. I.E. If you have service in Arizona, it will state AZ time.

Adrienne's DNA could have been taken from bones, or teeth. So there is no way to know if her remains were in a condition to preserve DNA from another person.

I grew up on a ranch and have never known vultures to be interested in bones that did not have flesh on them.

This just confirmed by T mobile that the call times on the phone bill are the times the call was initiated NOT when the call was hung up or dropped from the tower.

Thanks, kymas! I totally forgot about that and talked to several people, who use T-mobile, that said the exact same thing. "Things that make you go hmmmmm...." I wonder what that's all about .......and PST? Arizona (non rez) went on Daylight Savings Time ONCE in it's entire history, 1967. :facepalm: I have never seen any type of phone bill that reflected the corporate headquarter's time zone used as measure of time. :floorlaugh:

I grew up on a ranch and have never known vultures to be interested in bones that did not have flesh on them.

But if vultures were there prior to her being found, which is what I thought happened...from what I know, they leave behind very little or nothing.

But if vultures were there prior to her being found, which is what I thought happened...from what I know, they leave behind very little or nothing.

The vultures were still there when the property owner spotted them, went to check it out, and saw her legs sticking out from under a bush. That's how he found her. The vultures were still there. This indicates to me there was ..... I can't say it anymore.

Look, Adrienne vanished in my own back yard. I am very highly emotionally invested in this case. Adrienne isn't just a missing/found deceased person to me. She was a member of the community I lived in. I have met her family and friends. This is a heartbreaking tragedy to me and I want more than anything in the world for her killer to be caught.

I want there to be DNA. If we don't know...I am going to look on the positive side and HOPE TO GOD there is some DNA.

I hope you can understand where I am coming from.

:(

If there was DNA...and it matched anyone involved in that night, I think there would have been an arrest by now.

Of course I want there to be DNA...I wish there always was. But reacting to the words from LE regarding needing help, witnesses, any info, etc...I am just not getting the impression that LE has much to pin down a suspect. Or even determine how she died. JMO

PS I hope I am wrong and LE is close to an arrest.

PS I hope I am wrong and LE is close to an arrest.

Thanks for that. I hope they are close to an arrest too. Her funeral services are this Saturday. I am going. This is such a tragedy. I wish she was still alive. :(

Adrienne baby girl, we are going to bring your killer to justice! There are those of us who 'will not rest' as long as we know he is out there. I don't care how long it takes!

Does anyone HAVE a MSM link that clearly indicates that LE did, in fact, get DNA from the cabbie? Or from anyone for that matter?

I don't have the link, and if I did I do not know how to post one yet lol. But I do remember seeing the article that said they searched his house and took DNA samples from him, it was way back when all this began. I know this does not help much but I did see it. By the way just want to say I missed you all.:welcomeback:

Has LE reported they are unable to determine COD? I thought they made positive ID through DNA testing. Am I wrong?

Here you go:

"Tempe police Sgt. Mike Pooley said confirmation was made, through DNA testing, by the Arizona Department of Public Safety."

http://www.kpho.com/story/23145039/remains-found-in-wash-identified-as-adrienne-salinas

Thank you so much! So there is some kind of DNA that the MEs office was able to use to determine ID. Let's continue to hope further tests will come back revealing much, much more!!!
Normally, when you have a body, you have DNA. I don't mean to be snarky, but I think this needs some clarification.

Yes, DNA from the remains was matched to DNA known to belong to AS, to positively identify the body as that of AS.

Presumably, as of August 30 when the article was last updated, cause of death (COD) and manner of death (MOD) had not been determined. If since determined, the information has not been released. Therefore, it is unknown whether AS's death was an accident, homicide, suicide, or the result of natural causes (MOD). She could have been stabbed, shot, poisoned, or suffered a heart attack or stroke (COD). The only fact determined -- according to the article -- is the name of the deceased.

Remains found in wash identified as Adrienne Salinas
Posted: Aug 15, 2013 8:38 AM CST Updated: Aug 30, 2013 3:23 PM CST By Steve Stout
By Rebecca Thomas
Posted by Phil Benson
snipped
Police have not identified any persons of interest, but, "We are determined to find who is responsible for this," Pooley said.
snipped
"At this point in the investigation, we do not conclusively know Adrienne's cause or manner of death. We will continue to work with the Medical Examiner's office and other law enforcement partners, but we cannot rule anything out and we have not as of yet classified this case as a homicide," Pooley said in a statement Friday afternoon.
snipped
Pooley said no suspects have been named, and no one has been ruled out in the disappearance of Salinas, including her boyfriend and the cab driver.
http://www.kpho.com/story/23145039/remains-found-in-wash-identified-as-adrienne-salinas

I don't have the link, and if I did I do not know how to post one yet lol. But I do remember seeing the article that said they searched his house and took DNA samples from him, it was way back when all this began. I know this does not help much but I did see it. By the way just want to say I missed you all.:welcomeback:
Police have not yet released the names of any suspects, or persons of interest. But as we first reported Thursday, they have searched the cab driver's home, and taken a DNA sample from him.
http://www.kpho.com/story/22719989/...ooking-at-those-closest-to-missing-tempe-teen

sorry to get this DNA talk stirred up. I was trying to ask about a post upthread, which spoke to clearing folks by DNA, which seems impossible with what has been reported so far (so I wanted to see if anyone else read something that I hadn't and would share same.)

Adrienne's DNA was used to determine identity of her body (sorry, can not refer to it as anything less). I wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding that foreign DNA (i.e., non-Adrienne) was found, and was used to clear anyone, as was stated upthread in error IMO.

There has been no report of any foreign DNA (non Adrienne) being found at this time. We are all hoping there is something found and enough to test. We wait some more.

ETA: I am not being snarky at all - we all just want to make sure what we discuss here is fact-based and backed up with credible links, or our own opinions only, and stated as such.

sorry to get this DNA talk stirred up. I was trying to ask about a post upthread, which spoke to clearing folks by DNA, which seems impossible with what has been reported so far (so I wanted to see if anyone else read something that I hadn't and would share same.)

Adrienne's DNA was used to determine identity of her body (sorry, can not refer to it as anything less). I wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding that foreign DNA (i.e., non-Adrienne) was found, and was used to clear anyone, as was stated upthread in error IMO.

There has been no report of any foreign DNA (non Adrienne) being found at this time. We are all hoping there is something found and enough to test. We wait some more.

ETA: I am not being snarky at all - we all just want to make sure what we discuss here is fact-based and backed up with credible links, or our own opinions only, and stated as such.
I'm glad you brought it up because the issue needed to be clarified. :thumb:

I am doubtful as to LE having any DNA since they seem to indicate COD cannot even be determined. A lot depends on the accurate state of the remains found, whether truly skeletal or not, JMO.

Normally, when you have a body, you have DNA. I don't mean to be snarky, but I think this needs some clarification.

Yes, DNA from the remains was matched to DNA known to belong to AS, to positively identify the body as that of AS.

Presumably, as of August 30 when the article was last updated, cause of death (COD) and manner of death (MOD) had not been determined. If since determined, the information has not been released. Therefore, it is unknown whether AS's death was an accident, homicide, suicide, or the result of natural causes (MOD). She could have been stabbed, shot, poisoned, or suffered a heart attack or stroke (COD). The only fact determined -- according to the article -- is the name of the deceased.

Remains found in wash identified as Adrienne Salinas

I'm feeling like I look pretty stupid here asking this question about DNA. So I went back to find the post I was responding to when I asked the question about the DNA.

I'm glad you cleared it up. I hope the snark wasn't intended for me as I was only responding to what someone else posted and sincerely interested in getting an answer.

Thanks.

Hey hey! We are back.

According to the property owner who found Adrienne's remains, he was drawn to the area because of vulture activity. He went to investigate what they were interested in. To me, that would mean there as still something to attract them to the area. Flesh. So she wasn't completely decomposed to the point of skeleton remains. Add to that, his comment that he saw legs under the brush, would also indicate to me that there was still flesh on the remains. (Trying really hard to separate the person of Adrienne to be able to type this for clarification purposes.)

Hey hey! We are back.

According to the property owner who found Adrienne's remains, he was drawn to the area because of vulture activity. He went to investigate what they were interested in. To me, that would mean there as still something to attract them to the area. Flesh. So she wasn't completely decomposed to the point of skeleton remains. Add to that, his comment that he saw legs under the brush, would also indicate to me that there was still flesh on the remains. (Trying really hard to separate the person of Adrienne to be able to type this for clarification purposes.)
What's the point of whether Adrienne remains where skeletal or some flesh remained? Is it to help to determine the cause of death? Or something else?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back