IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive not found the type of rental car he was driving. Im sure the BPD has that info and is examining all the video they've collected.
I agree we would need to know more information to consider him a suspect but from what iv'e read , there would be no way to eliminate him either. I would like to know the timestamps at the toll booths as well as if he used the last booth going east.
I also agree with you , that Keyes could have taken LS with him on way to Vermont.

The toll booth info should tell the story, IMO. The amount of time to get from IU-Bloomington to Essex or Chicago to Essex doesn't seem significantly different to me, unless he went the Canadian route (which would shorten going directly from Chicago, I believe). But there would be proof if he took that route as well, I'm sure ... and I think we would have heard if he'd gone through Canada.

The toll booth info should tell the story, IMO. The amount of time to get from IU-Bloomington to Essex or Chicago to Essex doesn't seem significantly different to me, unless he went the Canadian route (which would shorten going directly from Chicago, I believe). But there would be proof if he took that route as well, I'm sure ... and I think we would have heard if he'd gone through Canada.

Another thing to possibly look into would be the "multiple transactions" that he made while driving on this route. I've seen evidence of the transactions on a couple of different timelines, but no info as to where and what these transactions were for (other than the fact that they were on the Indiana toll road)

CS made another impassioned plea to the person(s) responsible for LS' disappearance. It is painful to even imagine her anguish...

https://www.facebook.com/Lauren.Spierer.Family.Updates

I saw that earlier today on her family's FB page. A lot of my IU alumni friends have shared the update too. Her poor family. I respect her parents so much for having so much compassion, class, and their never-giving-up attitude. CS is such a classy lady. The Spierers hold themselves together so well for the hell they've had to endure over the past 27 months. My heart goes out that family so much :rose: :candle:

Apparently "friends" do terrible things to their friends:

"One person is in jail and three others are facing charges after they said a 20-year-old woman died after an apparent asthma attack.

Investigators said Taylor Smith, 20, was with friends when she had the attack. Deputies told Channel 2's Ross Cavitt those friends then left her body outside a mobile home in Jasper when they couldn't revive her."

These "friends" at least called 911 but then dumped her body after trying to revive her with a cold shower - why call 911 then do that?! So very sad for this young lady :(

I guess I will just never understand some people and how they can reconcile their actions with their life, because I know I couldn't, ever.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/police-friends-dump-womans-body-after-she-dies-app/nZkC9/

CS made another impassioned plea to the person(s) responsible for LS' disappearance. It is painful to even imagine her anguish...

From Mrs. Spierer's FB post:

"I wonder if writing to you again, this time, will make any difference. In my heart of hearts I know it probably won’t but doing nothing is not an option. At least for today, I have tried to do something, even if it is something as small as writing to you, yet again, and hoping you will finally tell us where Lauren is so we can bring her home. Tomorrow I will try again. I will read everything I have access to."

Mrs. Spierer, if you're reading here, we are behind you and your family 100% and seek only to find Lauren. Let's hope something will get through to the person or persons who know where Lauren is, as you said it could just as well be a member of their family or themselves that is missing.

Fellow WSrs do you think it is possible that only ONE vehicle could be seen on any surveillance video on a June Friday night, early Saturday morning? Even in my little town, I've seen many more vehicles than that out and about at that time (yes, I don't make it a habit but I've had to leave for out of town business at those hours more times than I would like) - not necessarily people coming home from bars but people going to/from work (newspaper delivery people, hospital workers, restaurant workers, construction workers, police officers, firemen/women, EMS/EMTs) Only ONE vehicle caught on video? Surely not everyone walks everywhere in Bloomington. What are we missing? Who haven't we checked? Any of the above? Have all of the above people been checked based upon their clock-ins/outs at their various locations?

Doing a little "outside the box" thinking - luckily I'm not a cat...

I wonder if writing to you again, this time, will make any difference. In my heart of hearts I know it probably won’t but doing nothing is not an option. At least for today, I have tried to do something, even if it is something as small as writing to you, yet again, and hoping you will finally tell us where Lauren is so we can bring her home. Tomorrow I will try again. I will read everything I have access to. I will forward any information I find or receive to the Bloomington Police Department. I will do anything I can to keep Lauren’s story alive. Yes, most likely insignificant in the scheme of things, but it is something. I am not an investigator. I am not a member of law enforcement, but I am a mother who loves her children fiercely. And that, I assure you, is someone to be reckoned with. I will do anything I can to make sure you never forget Lauren.

As always, I admire CS for putting herself out there, for speaking for Lauren, and for touching our hearts.

I just wish there was something we could do too, however small, that would be helpful.

I just wish someone would send an anonymous tip to give the Spierers the answers they need and to bring Lauren home.

If you know something, heard something or remember something, please contact us. Hoping today is the day we find Lauren.

helpfindlauren@gmail.com

Tipline: 812.339.4477

Find Lauren
PO Box 1226
Bloomington, IN 47402

Beau Dietl & Associates: 800.777.9366

@NewsOnLaurenS

Was that a video account or a witness account?

I know it was reported (take the word 'report' FWIW) that the Spierer's haven't seen some of the videos... I'm just not sure if they've seen any. I don't think LE is apt to share evidence, even with the PI's. So unless copies existed for the PI's to get from a private source, or else they found video that LE missed, I'm just not sure how much video evidence the Spierer's have.. or even will be able to get for this civil suit. That is a point I'd be interested in knowing.

But the point is they could learn nothing from the depositions either due to "I don't recall" type answers, pleading of the 5th, or simply because they've been told everything there is from 5N. So once the depos are completed will they drop the case or will they see it thru even if they can see there will be no new answers coming? I think they will see it thru. I think they are going to hope somebody can't afford the judgment and cracks and tells them something different. But what if nobody cracks? What if they are telling the truth and there's nothing different to tell? What if the defendants and their attorneys win the jury over?

How far do the Spierers allow this to play out if they aren't getting what they hoped (either no new information or else even potentially losing the civil case)? If they'd lose this case it would make a potential LE criminal case almost impossible without major new evidence against 5N.

But that's exactly where we're at right now! The case will NEVER be solved without new evidence. The Spierers' want answers and this suit is about all they can do at this time. If it were my daughter I would do the same thing.

"I wonder if writing to you again, this time, will make any difference. In my heart of hearts I know it probably won’t but doing nothing is not an option. At least for today, I have tried to do something, even if it is something as small as writing to you, yet again, and hoping you will finally tell us where Lauren is so we can bring her home. Tomorrow I will try again. I will read everything I have access to."

Mrs. Spierer, if you're reading here, we are behind you and your family 100% and seek only to find Lauren. Let's hope something will get through to the person or persons who know where Lauren is, as you said it could just as well be a member of their family or themselves that is missing.

Fellow WSrs do you think it is possible that only ONE vehicle could be seen on any surveillance video on a June Friday night, early Saturday morning? Even in my little town, I've seen many more vehicles than that out and about at that time (yes, I don't make it a habit but I've had to leave for out of town business at those hours more times than I would like) - not necessarily people coming home from bars but people going to/from work (newspaper delivery people, hospital workers, restaurant workers, construction workers, police officers, firemen/women, EMS/EMTs) Only ONE vehicle caught on video? Surely not everyone walks everywhere in Bloomington. What are we missing? Who haven't we checked? Any of the above? Have all of the above people been checked based upon their clock-ins/outs at their various locations?

Just trying to keep the details straight: The time frame of interest is early on Friday morning. LS went out on Thursday night and was reported missing on Friday afternoon.

No, it seems to me that there would have been more than one vehicle on College Avenue, even during the wee hours of the morning. As I recall, the white truck was notable because it appeared to have gone around the block, but that was later attributed to two cameras having inconsistent time stamps. But then why did other vehicles NOT have inconsistent time stamps?

A week later (June 10), LE stopped all the traffic (vehicles, bicycles, walkers) that went through that area at that same time of the morning. They pulled over about 135 vehicles.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81967

So my guess is that over 100 vehicles went through that area during the time frame that LS disappeared. Except for the white truck, we do not know if LE has identified any of them and spoken to the drivers.

The lack of any other "automotive video" makes no sense. This case is so damn frustrating. Lauren could be hiding in plain sight and we wouldn't know it. :banghead::banghead:

LE needs to release MORE info, whether it's other suspicious cars/trucks from that night (and hopefully they didn't just stop looking at 4:30am) or video from the alley where Lauren was NOT able to walk on her own.

I hope like hell that video of Lauren is allowed in the Spierer lawsuit. If it's as damning as its sounds the 5N poi's are going to have some explaining to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahouston69 View Post
Me too! The "Hangover movies" were popular during this time. Last night I dreamed she was found on the roof of Smallwood...my brain just spins.

ROS-That's weird. Early on I dreamt that she was found on a rooftop, under leaves. I am too much of a materialist too put much stock in dreams, though, even though I reject materialism for religious reasons.
Do we Know if Rooftops were searched...ever?

The more MB's story changes the more I look at HIM as the mastermind, for lack of a better word. So he's over at JRs when CR and LS come back after the Smallwood debacle. He walks in thinking there may be a burglar...ok, then its MB who puts CR to bed....then its MB who takes her to JR's. Etc Etc Etc

MB IS THE ONLY ONE OF THE THREE AT 5N THAT IS INVOLVED IN ALL OF THE ACTIVITIES and MOVEMENT BY LAUREN AFTER 3:00am.

If CR is a buffoon and JR is a tad slow in the brain department then we are left with MB.
Could it be he's the one that disposed of Lauren? Apparently MB is friends with JR to this day. My thought is MB took the job of making Lauren disappear and for that JR will be indebted to him for the rest of his pathetic life.

Anyone ever read The Secret History by Donna Tartt? Life imitating art and all that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahouston69 View Post
Me too! The "Hangover movies" were popular during this time. Last night I dreamed she was found on the roof of Smallwood...my brain just spins.

ROS-That's weird. Early on I dreamt that she was found on a rooftop, under leaves. I am too much of a materialist too put much stock in dreams, though, even though I reject materialism for religious reasons.
Do we Know if Rooftops were searched...ever?

See this summary article:
"June 12 — Day 10
11:30 a.m. — Bloomington Police receive between 30 and 40 tips following the airing of “America’s Most Wanted.”

Capt. Qualters says there are persons of interests they have yet to speak with, but they believe those people will come to them.

“We’ve had our doors open for those individuals to come,” Qualters says. “There is nobody we can prevent from leaving this county. We cannot compel people to come back to us. For those that we haven’t spoken to, we believe they will come talk to us.”

Qualters also says that a Texas-based group, EquuSearch, has joined the effort and that the Marshals were conducting a sex offender search, in which everyone investigated was compliant.

Throughout the day, investigators fly over the Bloomington area, looking at water ways, railroad tracks
and rooftops.
"

"June 12 — Day 10
11:30 a.m. — Bloomington Police receive between 30 and 40 tips following the airing of “America’s Most Wanted.”

Capt. Qualters says there are persons of interests they have yet to speak with, but they believe those people will come to them.

“We’ve had our doors open for those individuals to come,” Qualters says. “There is nobody we can prevent from leaving this county. We cannot compel people to come back to us. For those that we haven’t spoken to, we believe they will come talk to us.”

Qualters also says that a Texas-based group, EquuSearch, has joined the effort and that the Marshals were conducting a sex offender search, in which everyone investigated was compliant.
Throughout the day, investigators fly over the Bloomington area, looking at water ways, railroad tracks
and rooftops.

Ros,
you pretty much stick to the facts....But, I would like to know do you have a leading theory? Thank you for being such an asset to this board.

"June 12 — Day 10

and rooftops.
"

Thank You for finding that.

Just trying to keep the details straight: The time frame of interest is early on Friday morning. LS went out on Thursday night and was reported missing on Friday afternoon.

No, it seems to me that there would have been more than one vehicle on College Avenue, even during the wee hours of the morning. As I recall, the white truck was notable because it appeared to have gone around the block, but that was later attributed to two cameras having inconsistent time stamps. But then why did other vehicles NOT have inconsistent time stamps?

A week later (June 10), LE stopped all the traffic (vehicles, bicycles, walkers) that went through that area at that same time of the morning. They pulled over about 135 vehicles.

So my guess is that over 100 vehicles went through that area during the time frame that LS disappeared. Except for the white truck, we do not know if LE has identified any of them and spoken to the drivers.

Thanks for the correction Ros, you would think by now I wouldn't make such an error!

I do remember them stopping traffic but it was a WEEK later, and chances are strong, IMO, that whoever took Lauren would not be around a week later to cruise by and be stopped by LE unless they were uber self-confident. I wish LE would release a bit more info at least about vehicles in the area - maybe it would jog someone's memory.

I also agree with you about the other vehicle's not having inconsistent time stamps as they pointed out that the white truck had. What's up with that?!

I will say again that LE blew it - I get it, college town, drinking, late nights but, ultimately, they should have taken this case more seriously. They can say they did, but they didn't. I think that's part of the reason they don't release more info because if they did, someone would probably call something in right away that could have solved Lauren's case which, in turn would make LE look bad. Another case of self-preservation instead of doing the right thing...

Ros,
you pretty much stick to the facts....But, I would like to know do you have a leading theory? Thank you for being such an asset to this board.

No, I don't have a leading theory. I find the behavior and stories of the guys at 5N to be suspicious, but I cannot rule out the possibility that at least one version of what they've said is the truth and that someone we know nothing about drove by, picked her up, and took her to an unknown location. I can't rule out JW either.

Theories that I have had that I now discount:
1. Wade Steffey theory: she tried to get into a building or fell into a body of water and died in the process. Extremely doubtful after the thorough searches and the amount of time that has passed.
2. Totally random abductor who came upon her by chance - these folks usually leave bodies where they are found within months, e.g. cornfields, edges of woods, bodies of water. Still possible, but I doubt it.
3. ZO or others living at 10th and College complexes - I think she would have been caught on video entering these buildings - is that true? Do all entries have cameras?
4. Female perp - statistically unlikely (have you ever seen the stats for male vs female crime? If you've got a Y Chromosome, you are much more likely to be incarcerated.)
5. Known sex offender in area - trusting that the U.S. Marshals cleared all these folks.
6. Various weird conspiracy theories (e.g that someone from BPD abducted her). BPD may not be perfect, but I don't think they are that bad.

Theories I can't rule out:
1. Guys at 5N
2. Guests of JR
3. JW
4. Unidentified serial killer, maybe hanging out at Waffle House.
5. Stalking and premeditated abduction (may actually be the most hopeful because these folks may keep their victims alive but captive).

It still bothers me that BPD never made an arrest in the case of Crystal Grubb. It looks like the people she was with might have been responsible, but there's no proof, same as with LS. It is possible that the same person who killed Crystal also abducted LS, but other than geographic and chronological proximity, there's nothing to link these cases

Thank you for considering me an asset.

Why would LE think that POIs would come waltzing in their offices to talk to them? Just an odd statement. Bugging me.

Why would LE think that POIs would come waltzing in their offices to talk to them? Just an odd statement. Bugging me.

Agree! Just shows how they didn't take the case seriously enough and how they underestimated the depravity of people's souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288