AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe, 15 Jun 2013 - #8

Lol no it's a slide show. Just a dude in a pond for 12 weeks. Must have been a body farm type of deal.
But still...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

"In advanced Decomposition the Following tissues will be of Tremendous scientific value to conclude the Identity like the Long Bones( Marrow),Prostate and Uterus, Vitreous Fluid, Psoas Muscle, Tendons and Tooth"

"All separate parts should be fitted together, and it should be determined whether they belonged to one and the same body. Bones from different skeletons can be distinguished by exposing them to a short wave ultraviolet lamp, which show different colour emissions from different skeletons.
The nature and character of the parts should be described, as also the colour of the skin, if any.
The manner of separation, as to whether they had been hacked, sawn through, cut cleanly, lacerated, or gnawed through by animals.
If the head or trunk are available, the sex can be determined from the presence and distribution or absence of hair, generally conformation and shape of pelvis, sacrum or femur. It may also be determined from the recognition of Prostatic, ovarian, mammary or uterine tissue under a microscope, if available, and unrecognizable with naked eye.
The probable age may be ascertained from the skull, teeth, colour of the hair, trunk, size and degree of development of fragments and ossification of the bones.
Identification can be determined from tattoo marks, fingerprints, scars, colour of hair, condition of teeth, deformities, recent and old fractures, or from the discovery of certain articles of clothing known to have belonged to a missing person in association with the mutilated bodies or fragments of a skeleton. Height can be calculated from the measurements of long bones.
The probable time since death may be ascertained from the condition of the parts.
The cause of death can be ascertained, if there is evidence of a fatal injury to some large blood vessel or some vital organ."

http://forensicpathologyonline.com/e-book/autopsy/decomposed-body

Yes and no. The Science site doesn't say "unless" this or that when explaining the stages of human decomp. It indicates that this will happen within this number of days and then the next process/stage will follow within another range of days. It sounds as if the process will happen regardless of where a body rests but may take longer depending on the surrounding conditions.

So, if buried, the process will still happen but at the higher number of days within the range to complete each stage of the process. The dry stage can take up to one year but the other four stages would have all occurred within 65 days, the total top number of all four stages combined. In other words, they don't specify when and or why the stages would not occur within the ranges provided. This is human decomposition. I'm not sure if animal decomposition produces different results. Human skin is seven layers (didn't have to look that one up!) but thin layers, right? Cowhide is, well, cowhide. Leather is tough. Rugs are made using cowhide. It's sort of like comparing apples to oranges, no?

If it was a human.........that wouldn't have stayed around for more than 3-4 days, and not much would have been left. We put a sheep carcass out there a few years back, 4 days later, tufts of wool, a lanolin slick, but that was it. Emu carcasses, a bit of feathers, the spine and a grease spot. Predators: Buzzards, coyotes, bobcats, and dogs. Javelina won't pass up a meal if they have the chance.
Sheep and Emu hide is thin. Emu leather used in boots is usually the leg hide mixed with Ostrich hide and backed with cowhide for durability. I guess the whole point was, if the remains weren't buried, the buzzards and predators would have make quick work of it, and possibly someone's dog would have brought something home with them. The range heifer was pretty much picked over by day 4 and I don't know why I brought that up...(killer head ache all day):scared:

I'm just hoping "something" from her killer was preserved as well.
Some transfer of fibers...
:eek:
She was so tiny /thin, I just don't know. There might not have been much adipocere.
I can speculate/ offer theories until LE confirms or denies though right?

I really think they may have come up with something that ties to another case perhaps.
NOT that they know who the perp is, but that he may be linked to an additional crime /crimes...

ETA : I just read that any "wounds " that would be related to COD would bring in buzzards/ insects sooner.
For instance defensive wounds on the arms from a stabbing.

This makes it sound like her body was intact until animals got to her.
It may point more towards strangulation rather than a gun shot or stabbing.

I kinda feel like ties, ropes or something similar may have been found at the scene.
JMO

Yeah, I'm leaning more towards mummification than adipocere considering the climate and length of time from missing until discovery. Adipocere generally takes longer to form, and typically occurs in warm, moist environments, whereas mummification is known to occur most frequently in warm, arid environments.

Idk it seems to
Me like some notable parts of her remains might have been scattered by the buzzards. I hate to say this but buzzards/critters go for the fatty areas first - the face/eyes and stomach as well as buttox and thighs.

Her legs were what the witness reported seeing before discovering her body. I think the long bones and pelvis were probably left along with the spinal cord. I could also see collarbones being intact. But the smaller remains could easily be carried who knows where by buzzards and vultures.

It was noted that after the witness who had found her "body" saw Adrienne's picture, he said it was difficult *emotionally* to match "her face" to "the body".

(chills)

Idk it seems to
Me like some notable parts of her remains might have been scattered by the buzzards. I hate to say this but buzzards/critters go for the fatty areas first - the face/eyes and stomach as well as buttox and thighs. Her legs were what the witness reported seeing before discovering her body.

It was noted that after he saw Adrienne's picture he said it was difficult to match "her face" to "the body".

(chills)

I wonder if lime (Lyme? ) or other chemicals would hold the buzzards off longer. By that point I guess not.

"KPHO reports detectives have been looking for more evidence related to the case in the surrounding area since the discovery of the remains. Sgt. Pooley said they are *searching for personal items*, such as:

a *wallet* or *cell phone*.

****'We don't believe she was dumped in the area where we are searching,'**** Pooley said.

Police said they believe recent rains could have swept her body down the creek bed."

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis....8836&feed_id=999&videofeed=999&nb_splitPage=3

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part (humor me) that there was flesh left on her body so that LE can find something, anything that will lead to who did this to her and left her there.

I want there to be evidence that can be used in a court of law later, to convict someone of this crime. I want to believe that Adrienne will get justice.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part (humor me) that there was flesh left on her body so that LE can find something, anything that will lead to who did this to her and left her there.

I want there to be evidence that can be used in a court of law later, to convict someone of this crime. I want to believe that Adrienne will get justice.

I'm totally with you. This is killing me. I'm sorry but some things are better left unsaid. IMO

:(

Thanks, kymas! I totally forgot about that and talked to several people, who use T-mobile, that said the exact same thing. "Things that make you go hmmmmm...." I wonder what that's all about .......and PST? Arizona (non rez) went on Daylight Savings Time ONCE in it's entire history, 1967. :facepalm: I have never seen any type of phone bill that reflected the corporate headquarter's time zone used as measure of time. :floorlaugh:

I don't have T-mobile, and frankly I don't even look at my cell bill, but I DO have timezone "issues" on my phone.

Right now, when CA and AZ are on the same time zone, all my calendar events show MT NOT PT (though I'm in CA) after the times. No matter how I've tried to change the settings I can't, which is weird b/c I've only ever lived in CA, though I spent several months at Mayo (Scottsdale) last year.

I didn't even realize that's what the issue was until right after the time changed last year and I suddenly was "off" for two doctor's appointments the same day. And that's because they had been entered while my phone still had the calendar in Mountain Time and when it switched over and then realized I'm truly (ONLY) in CA and on Pacific Time, those first appointments were an hour off.

(If that makes sense)

I couldn't figure out how I blew the times on two appointments back to back like that because that's so not like me. And, frankly, I hardly relied on my phone for a calendar I always kept things in my head - my memory never made it necessary until some meds I went on last year right around the time of the time change.

I still can't figure out how to change the setting though, nor could anyone at Verizon. It's not set that way in my phone time wise, nor does my location show it, nor does my calendar setting, which is linked with google. It's...odd.

I'd imagine it doesn't show me in Mountain Time on my bill since nothing in Verizon's stuff shows me there (well, until I was there) - but just thought I'd throw that out there given the time zone oddity raised in what we've been told.

Bone marrow only stays alive for five days after death. It needs a blood supply to be 'viable', the word used in the science report.

Based on gngr~snap's posts and the fact that LE searched the whole area after finding A's remains, what if LE did find additional evidence? They may have found pieces of tape or rope, clothing items and or, what else?
Don't give up hope.

It dawns on me that Mr. Salinas believes in prayer as I saw video of him gathering his family and friends around to pray for Adrienne's return. Of course he wanted an alive Adrienne. Still, she was returned. So, everyone who believes in prayer keep praying that God in the name of Jesus will reveal the rest of the story. If two people ask in my name -

Agreeing with you and praying that they will sense His nearness to them, His comfort with them, and that He will bring the pieces together - through LE, investigation, tips, a confession, whatever - so that whoever killed Adrienne is brought to justice.

I don't have T-mobile, and frankly I don't even look at my cell bill, but I DO have timezone "issues" on my phone.

Right now, when CA and AZ are on the same time zone, all my calendar events show MT NOT PT (though I'm in CA) after the times. No matter how I've tried to change the settings I can't, which is weird b/c I've only ever lived in CA, though I spent several months at Mayo (Scottsdale) last year.

I didn't even realize that's what the issue was until right after the time changed last year and I suddenly was "off" for two doctor's appointments the same day. And that's because they had been entered while my phone still had the calendar in Mountain Time and when it switched over and then realized I'm truly (ONLY) in CA and on Pacific Time, those first appointments were an hour off.

(If that makes sense)

I couldn't figure out how I blew the times on two appointments back to back like that because that's so not like me. And, frankly, I hardly relied on my phone for a calendar I always kept things in my head - my memory never made it necessary until some meds I went on last year right around the time of the time change.

I still can't figure out how to change the setting though, nor could anyone at Verizon. It's not set that way in my phone time wise, nor does my location show it, nor does my calendar setting, which is linked with google. It's...odd.

I'd imagine it doesn't show me in Mountain Time on my bill since nothing in Verizon's stuff shows me there (well, until I was there) - but just thought I'd throw that out there given the time zone oddity raised in what we've been told.

You spent time at the Mayo Clinic? My pops was just there :)

PM me if you are a cancer warrior!

I want to share some interesting stories of when I was a nineteen year old, pot smoking, *reasonably* responsible, student in Tempe, AZ.

The first is when I had a lung issue/asthmatic attack after smoking some pot.
I had smoked regularly for about a year at this point. Smoked cigarettes since I was 17. I hit a bowl and all of the sudden I couldn't control my breathing. I was gasping for air, but my friends thought I was just kidding.
They were laughing until I fell over blue in the face, so they got me into a car and started to take me to the hospital.
Something happened on the way and I was able to get some air again. I was given an inhaler once I went into the ER (I wanted to figure out what happened). Doctor said I needed to be careful smoking or I could suffer a collapsed lung. My friends couldn't have been anymore confused as what to do with me once I was practically unconscious I can recall.

Second story:
I was walking into my apartment complex one night when the lid to a dumpster situated behind my parking spot popped up and a flashlight shone straight at me when I got out of my car. I ran inside because this person was watching me (dumpster diver) and apparently amid his "scavenging" for things in the dumpster I got his attention. I feel like he was actually there for me, not dumpster diving. I moved from this complex after my lease was up. I would walk through the park to get to the convenience stores/shops and it just didn't seem safe to me given the dumpster incident. Many nights I could feel someone watching me when I arrived home from classes to my designated parking spot.

Third, I went to a party once and told someone I would give him a drive home. He was normally very sweet and silly, so I thought nothing of the fact that he was around 6'2" and 250 pounds.

As I was driving him back home toward apache junction, I could feel him staring at me and smiling. A smile he couldn't get off his face like a clown. It began to unnerve me. I would ask him questions and he began not to answer. He hadn't been drinking or doing any drugs that night bc I had been with him pretty much the whole time (he had invited me to said party).
It got to the point that I was so unnerved I dropped him off on the road near his house and I remember he stood in the middle of it waving goodbye with that big creepy smile on his face. It looked like the devil. He seemed possessed ... And I had to get him OUT of my car.

Idk. Just remembering what it was like to be a 19 year old college student A's age in Tempe with my own place and a few crap friends, creepy dumpster divers/stalkers, and seemingly demonically possessed guys being driven home by mi at 3:00 am.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378394226.876531.jpg
Heres a pic I took at Adrienne's age - off Mill Ave - when I was a student in Tempe. It reminds me of Adrienne, and other missing and/or exploited youth in our country.

Justice for Adrienne

Regarding time zone issues on phones, something very strange happened this weekend. We took a "Sunday Drive" to Apache Junction and "Tortilla Flats". I noticed my cell phone changed times-it went one hour forward. I noticed this when we were near a lake in that area. By the time we got back to Apache Junction, it switched to the actual/correct time. It was the strangest thing.

Regarding time zone issues on phones, something very strange happened this weekend. We took a "Sunday Drive" to Apache Junction and "Tortilla Flats". I noticed my cell phone changed times-it went one hour forward. I noticed this when we were near a lake in that area. By the time we got back to Apache Junction, it switched to the actual/correct time. It was the strangest thing.

Maybe it has something to do with the towers, and most of the rez in Arizona go on Daylight Savings Time, the towers maybe adjust accordingly?

That is strange. By the way luv luv luv Tortilla Flats. Bit of a white knuckle drive but worth it.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...d-in-apache-junction-may-be-adrienne-salienas

Here's an article that recaps the case (a few minor details may be off) that offers hope they found additional evidence.

"On Thursday, searchers in a 6-mile-long area of the wash walked a long line, an arm's length apart, using shovels to look under sand and dirt that washed over the area in flooding from a recent storm. They looked for clothing, jewelry, her cellphone and any other evidence, he said.

Investigators have uncovered unspecified items from the wash that will be shown to Salinas' friends and family for possible identification."

I wonder if LE is re-questioning any subjects at this time. Pooley did say they would be taking a look at them again after her body was found.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back