CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new here. I live in Santa Clarita and for some reason this case has me worried sick ever since it popped up on my FB feed. BL looks so much like my own nephew. I pray they find out something soon.

I've read almost every post and if I'm following all of this that would make 5 missing or deceased persons found in the vicinity since June. And I know some are listed as suicide but it wouldn't be totally out of the norm for a perp to stage a suicide and get away with it? I'm sure it's happened before? This could be why LE is taking longer to investigate and put the puzzle together. And more of a reason why I'm thinking serial killer -- MOO

I also think that maybe Bryce wasn't answering his calls or being vague with his mom because he was a hostage type situation where he had to give very small details. If it were me I would have put on my headset and blabbed for 5 hours on the phone whilst driving (but I'm a girl).

And for Marti - Boron & Cal City are a bit farther away BUT still close enough and Hwy 138 connects the 14 and I5 thru the mountains (even Lake Hughes Rd will get you to the 14 eventually) and she lived in Castaic. The family didn't updated on how she died though...

Also on a lighter note, I can totally see getting of I5, turning left and trying to find a nice quiet place to sleep (ie not a bright well-lit parking lot) and getting lost up Lake Hughes, turning around and going back toward I5 and back again hence the driving back and forth? But if he was seen on video at 2:30 and again at 4:20 he was obviously not sleeping - that's what's worrying me
Yeah, but then why not stop at Castaic Inn, the Days Inn(which I've stayed at), or any of the other cheap motels right there instead???

I understand. But the close proximity of Bryce's vehicle to the body & the span of only 5 days on each being found make a big difference.

There is a specific person in that exact time & space missing. There is a difference over the agony his family is feeling over waiting for the identity of that particular body than they would over some other male body found at some other distant location.

They deserve an identity much sooner. Not an autopsy - save that for later. But a confirmation of whether or not it is Bryce. JMHO.

I hear ya... I'm just saying... they can't play favorites. Like I said, what if you had a loved one, who is not getting any media attention, but they are in a similar situation. I'm just trying to understand, and be fair. It seems they are pretty backed up. :twocents:

Does anyone know if the airbags deployed or not? I *think* I read very early in the thread that they had not...

And I was wondering if that had been verified. And, if anyone knows what year/make/model the car is, I'd love to know that, too.

(My brain is swiss cheese right now, sorry. I know this has been discussed...but can't find the posts. THANKS so much)

Dragracrz, there are a lot of folk praying...I asked my email prayer list to remember your family and Bryce, and they absolutely will.

Best-
Herding Cats

The car is a 2003 Toyota Highlander. The mother stated in a radio interview that the airbags did not deploy. http://www.kfiam640.com/player/embe...d=23670319&osu=null&startButtonColor=0xffffff (posted earlier in the thread, here it is again, I think she mentions it towards the end)

Yeah, but then why not stop at Castaic Inn, the Days Inn(which I've stayed at). or any of the other cheap motels right there instead???

And Castaic has campgrounds around the lake, he could have pulled into a spot at a campground for the night and slept, wouldn't have had lights in is face or a lot of noise or traffic. As a kid, I use to camp in Castaic.

The car is a 2003 Toyota Highlander. The mother stated in a radio interview that the airbags did not deploy. http://www.kfiam640.com/player/embe...d=23670319&osu=null&startButtonColor=0xffffff (posted earlier in the thread, here it is again, I think she mentions it towards the end)

Thanks, InArcadia.

I was thinking about this. Some cars are wired for airbag deployment irrespective of if the car was on or not (wiring though the battery, like the clock).

Some cars are wired through the ignition.

I can't tell if the Highlander is an ignition wiring system or not - but if we could figure that out, it might be helpful.

If the car is wired through the ignition, and the car was off, the airbags would not deploy. If the car is wired through the battery, the airbags should have deployed.

Why is this important? If the car was on, it's likely Bryce was driving. If the car was off, then the car could NOT have been driven, but would've been pushed over the side.

While not conclusive of foul play, it would certainly speak more towards it than not if the car was OFF when it went over the 'cliff'.

As for the blood, we don't know if it was Bryce's or not; once we know that, it will help determine he was IN the car or not when it went over.

Just some detail thoughts for the evening...Bryce, come home.

Best-
Herding Cats

FWIW reposting this link from yesterday:
http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news...nt/-/12970852/21771812/-/q92w68z/-/index.html. It includes the info about him living in Roseville, school in Rocklin, and eviction from the dorms last Spring. It has an interview with the former roommate, and with the girlfriend. Roommate also says that they didn't depart on very good terms and he expected "nothing good from the path that he [Bryce] was on."

How accurate any of this is, who knows, but I know some questions had come up about where this info was from so I wanted to repost at least one source.

As a parent of a student that lived 10 feet away from Bryce Laspisa's dorm room. I was on that campus in that dorm on a weekly basis. I spent hours there. I knew Bryce. He was a normal kid like any other kid there. He was on the Dean's List for academics. He is wonderful. How dorms work is if you are too loud, even playing music, games, running around, talking too much after certain hours you can get in trouble. Many students have been in trouble or written up for that. My own daughter was too loud during quiet hours laughing. She was written up. He was there at the begining of last year and there at the end. I saw him. This fall my daughter moved out of the dorm. Bryce did also. So speculation of anything that he did SO bad that anyone is saying. Is absolutely NOT true. My heart is aching and it's been an incredibly hard week for his family and friends. The pain my daughter is going through is horrible for any parent to go through. I can't even imagine how the Laspisa family is feeling.

If he was evicted, I didn't know that. Again, I am in IL and not in the loop on everything my nephew did or didn't do.

As far as the key thing, again I don't know for sure, I wasn't there

As a parent of a student that lived 10 feet away from Bryce Laspisa's dorm room. I was on that campus in that dorm on a weekly basis. I spent hours there. I knew Bryce. He was a normal kid like any other kid there. He was on the Dean's List for academics. He is wonderful. How dorms work is if you are too loud, even playing music, games, running around, talking too much after certain hours you can get in trouble. Many students have been in trouble or written up for that. My own daughter was too loud during quiet hours laughing. She was written up. He was there at the begining of last year and there at the end. I saw him. This fall my daughter moved out of the dorm. Bryce did also. So speculation of anything that he did SO bad that anyone is saying. Is absolutely NOT true. My heart is aching and it's been an incredibly hard week for his family and friends. The pain my daughter is going through is horrible for any parent to go through. I can't even imagine how the Laspisa family is feeling.

Thank you so much for sharing this. It gives a great insight of a positive view of Bryce. I think we all need uplifting news at this point. I am so sorry for the pain your daughter is going through and you as well. :grouphug:

Not to insult anyone from or that lives in CA, but things are getting done way to slow down there

I am a Californian but I also wholeheartedly agree! My prayers go out to you and your family!!

Keeping Bryce and his family in my prayers. I hope he comes home safely. I used to live in Laguna Niguel. I also saw it posted on a friend's FB page; so glad word has spread.

Thank you! I wonder what prompted his old roommate to say those things... I know not to sleuth him since he's in no way a suspect if this is even a crime, but that's kind of an odd thing to say in a MSM interview if it's not true. I would think the eviction thing would be pretty easily proven one way or another if LE went to the college to ask. I sincerely hope they've done so.

I'm so sorry for your daughter's pain. I know what you mean, I can't even imagine what the Laspisa family is feeling. And if things are coming out that are untrue, that must just add to their pain.

Thanks....do you or your daughter know his ex-roommate?

I am torn as to my theory on this. I just pray Bryce is ok!
On the subject of airbags deploying. Someone close to me was hit almost head on. She was in a mid size sedan and hit by a commercial size truck who crossed the center line. She veered as far right as she could (not much) and the truck drove over the hood diagonally and across the passenger side of her car. Thank God she had no passenger. Her airbags did not deploy and I was told it was for the better. The airbags that save you can also cause bad injuries (not life threatening) so somehow the sensors in the car know when to deploy....not sure how it all works

In order for the air bags to deploy, the sensors need to sustain a major impact. In the case you sited if the truck ran over the top of the vehicle it would have just crushed the sensors, or could have missed the sensors all together.

Thank you! I wonder what prompted his old roommate to say those things... I know not to sleuth him since he's in no way a suspect if this is even a crime, but that's kind of an odd thing to say in a MSM interview if it's not true. I would think the eviction thing would be pretty easily proven one way or another if LE went to the college to ask. I sincerely hope they've done so.

I'm so sorry for your daughter's pain. I know what you mean, I can't even imagine what the Laspisa family is feeling. And if things are coming out that are untrue, that must just add to their pain.

Didn't the ex roommate say that they parted on bad terms? I'm not sure IIRC. Could just be the 15mins of fame thing but if untrue, that will reflect poorly on that ex roomie when it's proven to be a lie. :(

Didn't the ex roommate say that they parted on bad terms? I'm not sure IIRC. Could just be the 15mins of fame thing but if untrue, that will reflect poorly on that ex roomie when it's proven to be a lie. :(

That roommate cast Bryce in a pretty unfavorable light, not just regarding being evicted. If any part of what he said publicly on camera is untrue, I would hope pressure from friends who know would urge him to at least post a public fb comment apologizing and correcting his statement.

Could be ? I don't know if it is in the timeline or not, but the road service driver showed up with gas and Bryce wasn't by his car, the driver left and Bryce called back immediately requesting gas, the driver turned around and brought him 3 gallons of gas.

My sister was notified of the road service via text (survey on service) and called and actually talked to the driver while he was with Bryce. He said he didn't see him when he first got there and maybe Bryce was sleeping, Bryce was listening to the conversation and butted in, "Yeah, I was sleeping"

Okay, I don't know if the driver looked in the car when he first got there and left OR if he did and Bryce wasn't in the car ???

I am so sorry you and your family are going through such a challenging time...

I am praying you all receive the best outcome of this frightening situation...

Is it possible that the road service driver noticed Bryce was not alone... But that has not been reported to the public?

TIA...:seeya:

That roommate cast Bryce in a pretty unfavorable light, not just regarding being evicted. If any part of what he said publicly on camera is untrue, I would hope pressure from friends who know would urge him to at least post a public fb comment apologizing and correcting his statement.

Or it may be ex roomies way of 'getting back at BL' for some other minor wrong doing. SMH

Even if the ex-roommate has valid reasons and some truth behind what he said...just not the time...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater