Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you caught the "his bedroom" because I've always wondered which bedroom was really Dylan's. It make sense that that MR would use the bedroom and possible only bath downstairs. And also because of heat source downstairs for winter and cooler downstairs in summer since he is usually alone.
I too have wondered if that staircase wasn't Dylan's exit. It is pretty hard to see, especially when he has a truck backed up to that corner, as I've seen in many photos. In fact, that was the only photo I've seen that shows that side of the house.
And I agree about the semantics and thought of that before posting, but for the most part people call carpet "rug" and not the other way around. But he is, as you say, not an ordinary orator.

Postscript: Just re-watched the uncut interview and at 13:20 MR says the two places Dylan could get service was from the corner ofthe couch "and my room" and he points up. I guess he changes his room or can't remember which one is his!
Whatever, I see no carpet looking into the downstairs bedroom either. There is a small entry rug at the front door that is visible.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGEwCBPy90w"]KUSA - Dylan Redwine - Dad's uncut interview - YouTube[/ame]

Carpet..and 'upstairs' is interesting

"running upstairs" seems be be something on MR's mind? or, just a coincidence..?

BBM

June 9 Blog Radio
MR:
Dylan ran upstairs to his bedroom to get the DVD player so that we could watch the movie that he had just purchased from Wal-Mart

Feb 4 Interview w/ Melissa Blasius
MR:
It seems to me it had to been about 10:30’ ish maybe by the time the movie got done, somewhere in there and.... you know, shortly after that I ran up and went to bed and he finished up doin’ whatever he was doin’ watching Nickelodeon or whatever he was watching.

:twocents:

Carpet..and 'upstairs' is interesting

"running upstairs" seems be be something on MR's mind? or, just a coincidence..?

BBM

June 9 Blog Radio
MR:

Feb 4 Interview w/ Melissa Blasius
MR:

:twocents:

I had always wondered if maybe MR took D's cell away from him on the way home. And maybe at some point Dylan decided to try and retrieve it from his Dad's room upstairs. And maybe he got caught and they struggled over it?

I had always wondered if maybe MR took D's cell away from him on the way home. And maybe at some point Dylan decided to try and retrieve it from his Dad's room upstairs. And maybe he got caught and they struggled over it?

Maybe there are two rooms upstairs. One called "my room" and one called "his room". Has anybody ever mentioned the layout of the house especially upstairs? I'm surprised there is not an "our room" since he says "we" so often.

Maybe there are two rooms upstairs. One called "my room" and one called "his room". Has anybody ever mentioned the layout of the house especially upstairs? I'm surprised there is not an "our room" since he says "we" so often.
BBM: I was thinking the same thing. The average two car garage is approximately 20 X 20 (some a little smaller and some a little larger). That is plenty of room for two bedrooms and a bathroom above it, and in my neighborhood, there are often three bedrooms above the garage. I've never seen a layout of the house, but on Zillow it says that it is 1512 sq feet and built in 1964.

"Run up" in that context is an older western colloquialism -- for example, if I say, "I ran up to the store to get a gallon of milk" I don't mean I went fast on foot. I probably got in the car and drove. Or I might say, "I ran my mother-in-law back to her trailer before I went to work." I probably wouldn't say I ran up to bed, but my grandmother would have.

So I imagine that's what he meant rather than anything literal.

BBM: I was thinking the same thing. The average two car garage is approximately 20 X 20 (some a little smaller and some a little larger). That is plenty of room for two bedrooms and a bathroom above it, and in my neighborhood, there are often three bedrooms above the garage. I've never seen a layout of the house, but on Zillow it says that it is 1512 sq feet and built in 1964.

Yep, I saw the same sq. footage and year built on the LaPlata County tax accessor web site. Shows originally built in 1964 with 4 bedrooms and one bath. MR purchased in 2006. But, looks like a permit for $40,000 was issued in 2010 for remodel. The garage shows as 20x24.5, so you are most likely right in assuming at least 2 bedrooms and a new bath addition. They had a photo when someone from the county checked on the remodel, but the site doesn't appear to have updated information after the completion. Attaching some screenshots. Anyway, I guess we can say that the removed carpet and flooring could very well be from the upstairs bedrooms or/in addition to rugs and flooring from downstairs areas.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 7.21.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 7.21.07 PM.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 7.17.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 7.17.06 PM.png
    33 KB · Views: 49
  • sketchPicture.jsp.jpg
    sketchPicture.jsp.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 7.25.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 7.25.51 PM.png
    456.6 KB · Views: 94
Not sure if anyone has posted this photo since this thread on the latest search of MR's house started, but here is a closer look of the outside staircase. I remember looking at this photo for the bike very early on, guess I didn't think about the staircase then. This photo was in the Durango Herald timeline and is labeled Day 12, November 29th, the day of the first warranted search. It looked like a rat's nest and fire trap (more MR wood stacking) under the stairs then. That house really does look to have a lot of nooks and crannies.

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...629581/0/SEARCH/Dylan-Redwine's-remains-found

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 10.41.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 10.41.34 PM.png
    549.7 KB · Views: 158
Still cannot imagine what the search under the stairs was about. JMO, but if carpet and wood flooring was taken from upstairs maybe LE may think DR was hurt there and carried down those stairs and blood may have fallen from the stairs? Would it be possible to find blood residue in soil? One thing always stood out to me in Mark's many weird statements was something to the effect that"Dylan never goes into my room". Always wondered why he'd make a statement like that. Maybe I'm over analyzing. JMO

Not sure if anyone has posted this photo since this thread on the latest search of MR's house started, but here is a closer look of the outside staircase. I remember looking at this photo for the bike very early on, guess I didn't think about the staircase then. This photo was in the Durango Herald timeline and is labeled Day 12, November 29th, the day of the first warranted search. It looked like a rat's nest and fire trap (more MR wood stacking) under the stairs then. That house really does look to have a lot of nooks and crannies.

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...629581/0/SEARCH/Dylan-Redwine's-remains-found
Odd. I could swear that bike was pictured near the front porch early on, but I cannot find a picture. I wonder if it is possible that LE noticed the bike had been moved to the staircase at some point, thereby prompting inspection of that area. That looks like a storage shed to the left.

Does anyone know what happened to the travel trailer that was searched the first time?

I have a few questions about Dylan's case but they don't really fall under the topic of this thread. Where is the best place to ask more general questions? Thanks for any direction. I am "new" to Dylan's story.

EDIT: Never mind. Looks like there are no open discussion threads. Perfectly understandable. Praying for everyone who loves Dylan. I am so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful boy who should have had a long, loving, full, happy life.

Odd. I could swear that bike was pictured near the front porch early on, but I cannot find a picture. I wonder if it is possible that LE noticed the bike had been moved to the staircase at some point, thereby prompting inspection of that area. That looks like a storage shed to the left.

Does anyone know what happened to the travel trailer that was searched the first time?

The bike was right out in the front yard initially. I remember people speculating as to why Dylan wouldn't have taken his bike if he left to see friends or that maybe MR got it out to air up the tires and get it ready for Dylan to ride or that maybe it was a prop.

Still cannot imagine what the search under the stairs was about. JMO, but if carpet and wood flooring was taken from upstairs maybe LE may think DR was hurt there and carried down those stairs and blood may have fallen from the stairs? Would it be possible to find blood residue in soil? One thing always stood out to me in Mark's many weird statements was something to the effect that"Dylan never goes into my room". Always wondered why he'd make a statement like that. Maybe I'm over analyzing. JMO

I don't think you are overanalyzing. My theory is that some evidence on Dylan's clothing must have pointed them to the outside stairs. Fibers, wood, ash? Also think maybe blood residue in soil, particularly given how the wood looks stacked up in the pic. A perfectly good shed is adjacent but MR stacks the lumber beneath the stairs. Why? To hide what?

We have heated with wood (backup) over the the years. On one hand you want your wood dried by air (like 6 months + for instance), not to be confused with with rain-wet. You may also want it close to the door like he has it, especially if he was trying to fast dry the wood. If he is away for a time in the winter & doesn't have the shed area plowed...maybe another reason? I am not familar with the pic of wood under the stairs to know if that is odd or not. The wood was on the porch area in pics during the FBI search 10 days later. I bet the neighbors and Corey know if this is standard for MR though. Personally, I don't see anything hinky about the wood, however, I do believe there was some kind of probable cause that pointed LE to get another search warrant though for very specific items and places. Something is up!

We have heated with wood (backup) over the the years. On one hand you want your wood dried by air (like 6 months + for instance), not to be confused with with rain-wet. You may also want it close to the door like he has it, especially if he was trying to fast dry the wood. If he is away for a time in the winter & doesn't have the shed area plowed...maybe another reason? I am not familar with the pic of wood under the stairs to know if that is odd or not. The wood was on the porch area in pics during the FBI search 10 days later. I bet the neighbors and Corey know if this is standard for MR though. Personally, I don't see anything hinky about the wood, however, I do believe there was some kind of probable cause that pointed LE to get another search warrant though for very specific items and places. Something is up!

The wood on the porch area was firewood IIRC, the timber under the stairs looks like lengths of lumber, not firewood.

The wood on the porch area was firewood IIRC, the timber under the stairs looks like lengths of lumber, not firewood.

Agreed. And a lot of it looks to be the same length. Makes me think of lumber from a deck that has been dismantled.

The timber under the stairs look like they could also be cut-offs, the leftover wood you have when you build something. They could be some he had laying around or that were scavenged from elsewhere. I used to use cut-offs for firewood; they were usually free, and already dry. It only strikes me as strange that they would be under the stairs because it appears there is a storage shed right next to them. Letting wood get rain or snow soaked makes it harder to light. (and in November you have no idea when rain will come through). Which makes me wonder if that wood is still there (that might have had some evidence on it) or has now been burned.

Each day that passes my heart breaks even more for you Dyl. Praying for Justice.

Keep praying everyone, and especially to guide LE to the answers they need for an airtight conviction. Justice is coming....so is karma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member