GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap. I don't get the whole "argument, but not feeling well and going back to bed after mom checked on her", then Willow just walks out the door. It's all hinky to me. I too, would like to know when she was last seen by someone other than a family member.

Maybe she will be home by the morning light!

Exactly. It has been stated the argument occurred that day, but if mother says she checked on Willow and little brother around 8:45am and they were watching TV, so she went back to bed because she didn't feel well. Back to bed would only mean that she would have to have been *IN* bed prior to going *back* to bed, would it not? If she were in bed prior to 8:45am...and checking on them at 10-something am ..noticed Willow was no longer there. This argument would have had to take place at some point prior to 8:45am if it took place that day as has been reported. How did an argument take place prior to 8:45am if she went *back* to bed from being in bed...? They'd have to argue in their sleep.

I don't think she has to have been in bed immediately before checking on them. Say they get up at 6:30, 7:00. Kids are playing or whatever, Mom is in the kitchen, doing laundry, etc. An argument happens at some time. At 8:45 Mom doesn't feel well so she checks on the kids (watching TV) and goes back to bed. Presumably she had been in bed at some point earlier that day. I would call that going back to bed.

I wonder what the argument was about.

Everything about this is hinky. I'm new (I've said that several times today) and I came to this site for a completely different reason and a different missing person, but now I'm hooked on Willow's plight.

I need to read the rules again I think because I still don't understand what I can say and what I can't.

I do know that 2+2=4 and nothing here is adding up.

I wonder how bad her vision is without her glasses?

:praying: Prayers for Willow tonight and everyone searching for her, I hope she is found safe tonight ..........

Everything about this is hinky. I'm new (I've said that several times today) and I came to this site for a completely different reason and a different missing person, but now I'm hooked on Willow's plight.

I need to read the rules again I think because I still don't understand what I can say and what I can't.

I do know that 2+2=4 and nothing here is adding up.

Here's a link to the rules for your (and everyone else's) review:

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The most common ones that come up in every case, along with the ones that may come up here, seem to be the following -

Victim Friendly: Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Sex Offenders: It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.

Social Networks: Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Minors: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed. Unless the minors are the victims, please do not post their name, only their initials.

Thanks.

Bless these people's hearts, searching all night...

So many cases like this have turned out where a neighbor is involved, often a teenage boy/young adult; I'm so hoping this is not the case. Hopefully she is just lost and will be found any minute now!

http://goo.gl/maps/lZyx7

I see some water tower type structures nearby, wonder if she's a climber (ladder), or there is a door which makes any of these structures accessible...

They have been using the thermal imagining for many hours now. How far could she have possibly walked without shoes and her glasses to see rocks, sticks, thorns, broken glass, and etc...? (Please, Lord, let her be hiding in someone's garage/barn.)

She would be very tired, cold, scared, hungry and thirsty by now. Even if she took off voluntarily, she would want to be home by now, I think, even if she was originally upset. So, either she is lost, injured, or unable to return home for some other reason (unless she is safely hiding in a friend's room---please be the case!)....

1AM MONDAY UPDATE: Volunteers have been recalled, with nothing found. Dive teams have completed searching a pond that was reported to have footprints "all the way around it", but didn't find anything. Teams have moved on to another pond. Officials will continue to search throughout the night.

IMPORTANT: Volunteers will need to report to the Watson Civic Center in the morning, NOT the fire station. Volunteers may begin to arrive at 6am, but it should be noted that busses will not arive until around 7:30, after they have dropped off kids at school Monday morning. Unit 40 sent out an update Sunday evening advising that school would be in session in the district, and that counselors would be on hand at Southside Grade School for students and teachers. Many of the teachers and faculty from Southside School were on hand and involved in the search Sunday evening for Willow.

Air searches using a thermal imaging system are about to resume in the area, and officials again urge against private citizens searching for Long on their own, as false-positives will only slow the search process.

We will be back with updates when officials return from overnight searches at 6am. Be sure to monitor our Facebook and Twitter pages (linked above) for additional updates.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

:confused: :(

Is it possible that the parents of Willow and her little brother do no reside together ....and Willow may be out searching for her father's house.

JMO

1175036_651893484830989_119188053_n.jpg

1185796_652026851484319_35371735_n.png

I'm afraid there is some horrible reason why the tracking dogs couldn't follow Willow's scent and locate her. :(

Watch the Myth Busters show with tracking dogs (Hair of the Dog episode). The guy washed off with scent-removing rinse. He put on a thick, sterile suit and helmet. Then he put on a reversed respirator to block the scent of his exhalations. All openings in his sterile suit were taped shut.

Someone else sprayed a fake trail with this guy's old bathwater to confuse the tracking dog, but it wasn't fooled. The tracking dog found the subject very easily. Here are 2 minutes of this program:
MythBusters - Scent of a Hyneman | Hair of the Dog - YouTube

11:30PM UPDATE: Authorities say they will call in all volunteers at 1am. Police will resume air searches at 1:30am using thermal imaging. Public volunteers may report back at 6am to the Watson Fire Station. Through the night, officials will continue to search in teams for Willow, using ATVs, patrol vehicles and foot searches.

Effingham County Sheriff John Monnet also confirmed that Effingham County Dive Rescue has been dispatched to a pond north of Watson that has "small footprints all the way around it". Search dogs did not hit on these footprints, but Monnet said the pond will be searched in the continued effort to locate the 7-year old Long, who walked away from her residence more than 12 hours ago.

Below is video from a press conference ealier this evening. We apologize for the delay in getting it online, internet speeds in Watson are an issue.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

I am soooo glad they are continuing to search through the night and didn't decide to resume the search in the morning. So glad they have all these resources at their disposal.

It doesn't feel right, me going to sleep now in my warm, comfy bed knowing this little girl is out there somewhere in who knows what condition. But it gives me some comfort to know how many people are out there looking right now as we speak with all kinds of equipment, etc! And thank God its not Winter yet!

I have a really bad feeling about this.....just makes no sense to me.

I have a really bad feeling about this.....just makes no sense to me.

I'm with you Amster. No sense. Looking at moms fb page, it appears several of Willows pictures are tagged with a TL.. I think this is Willows dad. So, no, I don't think they live together as she states her bf is AH. I haven't heard of anyone contacting her dad. Have I missed it somewhere?

Praying she is safe and sound and I'm just jaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam