CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are different kinds of offroad enthusiasts, those who go out just to drive around, and those who go out to drive somewhere (abandoned mines, etc) - I'm the second kind, and I'm trying to use my knowledge to support SAR-type cases.

In this case, if a "professional" third-party handled the "job" - it would make sense to check the usual "disposal sites" rather than just those with a 2hr R/T from the house and familiar to the family members. I'm thinking the Cajon Pass, Tujunga canyon, etc...

thought on 'professional'....in general ..why would 'greedy' spend $$ on something that could very well be accomplished themselves, without a throwing a possible uncontrolled rat in the mix

There are different kinds of offroad enthusiasts, those who go out just to drive around, and those who go out to drive somewhere (abandoned mines, etc) - I'm the second kind, and I'm trying to use my knowledge to support SAR-type cases.

In this case, if a "professional" third-party handled the "job" - it would make sense to check the usual "disposal sites" rather than just those with a 2hr R/T from the house and familiar to the family members. I'm thinking the Cajon Pass, Tujunga canyon, etc...

I think you are a very, very welcome addition to Bob's case. Thank you so much for dropping in to help. Have you checked out the SAR thread in my sig, as well?

OK, admitting that I'm a hopeless n00b, here's my theory:

The SiL was merely an on-site coordinator and clean-up crew for a premeditated act:

At a carefully-determined time, an unidentified ("professional"?) third party swooped in, overpowered the victim, bundled him into a waiting vehicle, and took off. Total time: 5 minutes.

SiL returns to house to clean up any scant residual evidence (eg signs of a struggle) and that's the end of it. This may also explain the unusually long amount of time the SiL spent upstairs that Agnes ("the cleaning lady") reported.

According to this theory, Mr. Harrod could have ended up just about anywhere.

Anything here that doesn't fit the known facts?

That actually makes sense.

Against it is the obvious miserly tendencies of the daughters. Then again, all three of them strike me as people who were used to hiring services needed.

I've thought for a long time that the reason JeM spent so long upstairs was that he was doing one last scan for anything overtly incriminating.

I think you are a very, very welcome addition to Bob's case. Thank you so much for dropping in to help. Have you checked out the SAR thread in my sig, as well?

Lol, answering my own question,

Of course they have! You are way behind!

A geeze is an abbreviation for a geezer (man) where I come from. Am I following?

In the US, a geezer (with a hard G) is a term for an older man but geeze (with a soft G) is a contraction for Jesus.

DzrtAsp, wait until Oriah spots your arrival. You'll make her day.

thought on 'professional'....in general ..why would 'greedy' spend $$ on something that could very well be accomplished themselves, without a throwing a possible uncontrolled rat in the mix

RB's job with the Monrovia PD certainly set a new lot of speculation going in my mind.

I do agree that as greedy as Bob's daughters appear to be, it's hard for me to believe they'd spend money. On the other hand, they are of a background where hiring a professional to render professional services is the accepted thing to do...

Those are all very valid questions. I can only speculate that maybe paying a "professional" made economic sense given the magnitude of what they stood to gain for their father's estate, and it would also have the benefit of being much cleaner and less risky than the DIY approach. Once again, it's all just speculation, but speculation is pretty much all there is to go on at this point.

Also, I *have* checked the SAR thread and posted a little there. I'm currently busy with the April Pitzer case (going searching with her mother next week) but I live near a couple of the areas of interest in this case and would be happy to help if possible.

oh goody, an Aspie- often among the gifted & talented set
I mean that sincerely- I love people who are 'wired differently'...because they think differently

oh goody, an Aspie- often among the gifted & talented set
I mean that sincerely- I love people who are 'wired differently'...because they think differently

Thank you :) I don't know about the "gifted and talented" part, but it's always nice to hear that people are understanding/accepting of people who are different for whatever reason :)

Hun, trust me, I know all about different.:) It could be my middle name.

assuming this was a MFH...how does one shop for that...that wouldn't leave an oh so obvious trail....and assuming the wheels were set into motion after the nuptials

call in a favor??

I know Det Radomski spoke about the details surrounding Bob's disappearance, but the more I've thought about it, the more I think the general picture too is incredibly important.

If you had to summarise what happened and what people did in a paragraph or two at the most, a pattern becomes obvious, in my opinion. I pinched Mr Z's chess board to try and demonstrate it to myself, and it worked really well. I might ask him to do it again for me, as he can actually play and knows many of the classic games, whereas I always feel sorry for my pawns and save them, at the expense of my king and queen.

Anyway, if Bob is a pawn at the center of the board, and other people close to the case are other pieces, and you start to move them according to where people were and where they went/what they did up to and after he disappeared.....a pattern becomes quite, quite clear in my opinion.

It sounds mad but I found it really enlightening. And if you then start taking into account some of the details that have been revealed - such as Bob asking PB to find Fontelle, or RB having worked (or working at the time?) for Monrovia Police Dept, the pattern begins to look less and less right. As though the player of the game was trying to get all the pieces off the board, while making a tiny little maneuver in the corner to check mate.

Some pictures really would be more helpful in explaining what I mean. Luckily, I think Mr Z may have the time to help me, as our TV hasn't worked for some time and football is unavailable. A big bird ( or a little bird small enough to squeeze out of the attic window and onto the roof) must have knocked the satellite dish out of range. :)

(If he sees this, am I in trouble..)

Hi Zwie! :seeya:

I'm trying to understand what you mean by BBM above.

I'm a bit behind everyone and am trying to catch up. It took me a while to find these threads again... When did RB work for Monrovia Police? Was it pre-Bob having disappeared or after?

Are you saying that RB did something as a police employee to manipulate the case after Bob's disappearance? Or that she purposefully gained employment in the police department prior to his disappearance so that she could more thoroughly understand LE protocol in order to premeditate how to perfectly execute his disappearance and escape detection by LE?

assuming this was a MFH...how does one shop for that...that wouldn't leave an oh so obvious trail....and assuming the wheels were set into motion after the nuptials

call in a favor??

I can't say that I'd know, I guess you'd just make discreet verbal contact with some sort of unsavory character (drug dealer, ex-con, etc) and see where it led - maybe I watch too many movies though...

To Bourne;

No, I didn't get into that at all!

While looking for something else entirely, I just came across an alumni site where a retired employee was talking about her co-worker, RB.

Hang on, I'll get the link.

There is an interesting comment about RB here, considering the family say they didn't know they could report their father missing straight away. It's from an old alumni who worked for Monrovia PD for 50 years, and says RB worked there with her.

It also states how Mrs Harrod has moved in and changed all the locks, so I guess RB forgot to mention how it was only on another daughter's advice that she did that? That's a shame, because I think it gives a slight impression of something not quite right? Maybe that's just me though.

The entry is under August 2009. There is also a more recent one, mentioning how the writer has met up with RB, and how active RB is in helping out with a veterans charity. I wonder if it is one for Marines, like Bob?

http://madcatsalumni.org/'52.htm

Just bumping my post, for bourne.

If I may... I think Zwie was alluding to fact that there might have been prior knowledge of LE procedures...and how that could have contributed to & determined a course of events in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd