GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

My son's friend is a good kid too as far as I know, but the whole anime thing is still creepy.

Creepy in what way?

Dressing up in costumes for whatever reason is a very long human tradition. Do you find Mardi Gras Indians creepy?

Just stuff to think about, not trying to pick a fight. I know that any subculture we're not familiar with can seem strange, but there's no reason to automatically inject actual fear into it.

Please put a link of of a type she/ he is ............. is. Which type are ya taking about? Isabelle?

I have no link, but there is a section on many if not all *advertiser censored* sites named Teen. Some people are always looking to push the envelope with sex. Take it up a notch. Look for teen girls one day, pre teen the next...next thing could be for someone with mental health and/or drug issues is that every girl wants sex. Maybe reminisce on himself at 7 and remembers time he was sexually aroused. Now maybe JD finally makes a move on willow, she does not respond, he takes it to the next level with kissing and molesting, she fights back. He hurts her with a punch or strangle, comes to a rational thought, then to self preserve by thinking that he would go to prison for life either way, kills her and hope he can come up with a lie a jury would possibly buy. That's my :twocents:

My son who is in his early twenties has a friend who is into the whole anime thing. Apparently there is a whole subculture based upon anime. They have conventions where whole groups of them dress up like anime characters and meet up for whatever it is they do. I've seen pictures of this. Thank goodness my kid isn't into it because frankly I find it creepy.

I agree with you personally.....but it isn't any more strange to me, actually, than those who dress up for huge conventions as Star Wars characters, or dress up and hold Renaissance festivals, or for that matter those who re-enact Civil War battles. Not something that I would ever choose to do ( I don't even do costume parties for Halloween--EVER). BUT....its fine for those who are interested in such things. I don't believe there is anything inherently evil or wrong with participating in any of these costume activities.

jmo

Idon't like to blame video games for people's behavior, but what if JD was so into the video games he was playing, he decided to act that out and killed Willow? Add that to the fact that Willow might have walked in on him watching *advertiser censored*, and he got angry at her for that.

It would be nice to know the exact TOD. It would make it easier to know whether or not JD's account of events match up with that.

BBM and just jumping off your post, - The first time I heard this in a trial by the defense attorney, (sorry, CRS, names have escaped me), I LOL! I grew up watching Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote every Saturday morning. As a child, I had to no desire to send my friends a package from ACME and see it blow up.

The politically correct, or "_______________ (insert the word of the day in the blank) is ridiculous.

It is time for people to take responsibility for their own actions.

imo, jmo and whatever else is the word of the day. :shush:

i posted this earlier...bumping for myself...why are they (the coroner) so convinced the crime occured at this exact time? i realize the threads have belaboured this point...but it's yet to be explained...

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x1253345013/Longs-brother-taken-into-custody-after-abuse-report

Meanwhile, Effingham County officials are waiting for final autopsy results to find out the exact time of Long's death. "It's sometime between 10:30 and 11 [p.m.] Saturday," said Effingham County State's Attorney Bryan Kibler.

i posted this earlier...bumping for myself...why are they (the coroner) so convinced the crime occured at this exact time? i realize the threads have belaboured this point...but it's yet to be explained...

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x1253345013/Longs-brother-taken-into-custody-after-abuse-report

Meanwhile, Effingham County officials are waiting for final autopsy results to find out the exact time of Long's death. "It's sometime between 10:30 and 11 [p.m.] Saturday," said Effingham County State's Attorney Bryan Kibler.

Timeline given by Uncle? Not trying to be morbid....Condition of the body when found? jmo

BBM and just jumping off your post, - The first time I heard this in a trial by the defense attorney, (sorry, CRS, names have escaped me), I LOL! I grew up watching Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote every Saturday morning. As a child, I had to no desire to send my friends a package from ACME and see it blow up.

The politically correct, or "_______________ (insert the word of the day in the blank) is ridiculous.

It is time for people to take responsibility for their own actions.

imo, jmo and whatever else is the word of the day. :shush:

Oh I totally agree. JD should take responsibility for his actions. But what if he's already planning his defense? That would be something him and his defense lawyer would be trying to convince the jury of.

It's stupid reasoning to actually THINK or BELIEVE that a video game/music/TV shows could alter a person's mind enough to cause them to become violent.

IMO, JD has an undiagnosed/untreated mental illness. I don't see why else he would want to kill his 7 year old niece.

Timeline given by Uncle? Not trying to be morbid....Condition of the body when found? jmo

Well that's the thing. The timeline as given by the uncle places him in the bathroom alone during the period from 10:30-11pm. According to him it was around 11pm when he emerged from the bathroom and Willow allegedly came up behind him and scratched him while trying to get him to watch TV with her. The pursuit outside started after that. The going back into the house to retrieve a knife would have been a while after that still.

And yet LE are suggesting it was during the half hour he claimed to be alone in the bathroom that Willow was murdered.

MOO

Oh I totally agree. JD should take responsibility for his actions. But what if he's already planning his defense? That would be something him and his defense lawyer would be trying to convince the jury of.

It's stupid reasoning to actually THINK or BELIEVE that a video game/music/TV shows could alter a person's mind enough to cause them to become violent.

IMO, JD has an undiagnosed/untreated mental illness. I don't see why else he would want to kill his 7 year old niece.

So his admission of watching *advertiser censored* and masterbating during the time frame in which LE believes that Willow was murdered does not give you any cause for concern that she was either sexually assaulted or an attempt was made?

Well that's the thing. The timeline as given by the uncle places him in the bathroom alone during the period from 10:30-11pm. According to him it was around 11pm when he emerged from the bathroom and Willow allegedly came up behind him and scratched him while trying to get him to watch TV with her. The pursuit outside started after that. The going back into the house to retrieve a knife would have been a while after that still.

And yet LE are suggesting it was during the half hour he claimed to be alone in the bathroom that Willow was murdered.

MOO

Hmmm...that makes me change my theory a little bit. I initially said that Willow walked in on JD watching *advertiser censored* and he got angry and killed her. But now I think that JD was never watching *advertiser censored* between 10:30 and 11:00, but was instead murdering Willow. JD was never alone in the bathroom for those 30 minutes, IMO.

So his admission of watching *advertiser censored* and masterbating during the time frame in which LE believes that Willow was murdered does not give you any cause for concern that she was either sexually assaulted or an attempt was made?

I don't think she was sexually assaulted. I will stick by that opinion until I see reports stating that. I'm not denying there was an attempt, though. But an attempt and actually raping her are two totally different things.

Like I said though, my opinion will change when/if reports come out proving sexual assault.

I don't think she was sexually assaulted. I will stick by that opinion until I see reports stating that. I'm not denying there was an attempt, though. But an attempt and actually raping her are two totally different things.

Like I said though, my opinion will change when/if reports come out proving sexual assault.

Well either way, it provides a motive for the crime. And statistically speaking, I think that sexual assaults are the biggest motivating factor for murder of young girls in Willow's age range, whether it be stranger or non stranger related.

Although there have been some cases of "thrill kill" in which the perp, for whatever reason and whatever influence in their life, decides to kill just to "see what's it like". I guess that is always another possible motive here until we hear more information regarding the toxicology reports I guess.

Not trying to single you out my fellow Canuck :seeya::canada:, just trying to get a discussion on motive started.

MOO

Maybe they have a witness from the night before that heard Willow screaming sometime between 10.30 and 11.00pm. I don't know but I would have thought that they wouldn't be able to pinpoint a 1/2 hour time frame for the murder from the autopsy due to the possible condition of the body.

With her funeral tomorrow I really hope that the family feel they can go and grieve Willow without having issues with people in the town starting trouble.

The rules are always changing. I forget what the age was that a child could pick up a sibling from school. The age really dropped where I live in the last few years.

The rules have changed re head lice as well. Children used to be sent home from school. This year it has been determined that they pose no health risk so the child stays at school.

Creepy in what way?

Dressing up in costumes for whatever reason is a very long human tradition. Do you find Mardi Gras Indians creepy?

Just stuff to think about, not trying to pick a fight. I know that any subculture we're not familiar with can seem strange, but there's no reason to automatically inject actual fear into it.

Don't really want to insinuate, but maybe creepy in the way of being out of touch with reality. Not sure what anime would have to do with Mardi Gras Indians.

Don't really want to insinuate, but maybe creepy in the way of being out of touch with reality. Not sure what anime would have to do with Mardi Gras Indians.

I think the connection is costumes.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 4

I think the connection is costumes.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 4

I'm sure I missed lots. Haven't been on here since Friday, maybe Saturday morning. I guess I missed a convo about costumes, however I stand by my last comment. Dressing up for occasions and being engulfed in fantasy don't compare in any way.

Once a year based on tradition -- mardi gras, halloween = fun, fine, happy

A "lifestyle"? Weird and creepy. Furries, for example. Anime, same. Anything that you'd be embarrassed to show up in at work or pta is pretty much off limits. It's really not that hard lol. jmo

Dressing up like anime characters is called cosplay and it's absolutely harmless as far I know. I have some friends who are very much into it and they are good people without any murderous tendencies.

Exactly. Cosplay is no more dangerous than painting your face to support your nfl team.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back