GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a news article I read, she refuses to admit to the crime. I guess she still thinks she can get away with murder. :jail:

I honestly don't think she grasps the seriousness of the situation. I think SE is in for another very rude awakening when her trial gets under way. Skylar's case still haunts me to this day. I still think about her on a regular basis. I was coming here to read her case 6 months before I finally made an account. I would prefer her family not have to go through this process of a trial, but she will get a worse punishment I think.

So tragic. Reminds me of the murder of Missy Avila in 1985 by her best pals Karen and Laura. Karen even moved in with Missy's family after to "help" them. Both monsters have since been released from prison. Sick.

Someone just posted to topix that Skylar's mother, Mary Neese, will be on Good Morning America tomorrow.
I will record and post about it if she's on

I wouldn't put it past Shelia to plead "Not Guilty," take the thing to trial, drag it out as long as she possible can, simply to keep her life interesting as long as possible.

Her actions after the murder seem to indicate sociopathy. She appears to have a complete lack of remorse. One could argue that her feelings apparently run counter to remorse and guilt. If anything she seems proud and excited by what happened. Getting involved in the search, and spending time with Skylar's parents gave her an up close view of the fallout. Her barely veiled tweets are an indication of that "thrill" she got from the murder too. I might even go so far as to call her sadistic. If she is enjoying watching Skylar's parents' pain, then a trial will offer her further entertainment, even if she loses. From her perspective, it beats just going straight to jail.

It seems like a slam dunk case, but it's RS's word against SE's. Poor Skylar can't testify. However, I wonder if the vague tweets can be admitted as evidence in the trial, and do they even effectively support the prosecution? The defense could offer many alternative explanations for those tweets. There are several ways to cast doubt on RS's story, including the rumored mental breakdown, if she had it. Her mental stability can be called into question.

Who knows how this trial will go.

Speaking of the rumored breakdown, and the following confession, which we know happened from MSM, at least they are an indication that RS has some sense of guilt. It's cold comfort, but it does demonstrate a bit of a gap between the two suspects attitude, and mental state.

Bumping for Skylar.

I came across this story by chance and it absolutely stuns me. It stuns me because I've looked at the twitter accounts of everyone involved (well, the ones I could view) and these girls appear to be average teenage girls. It's just really bizarre. Don't get me wrong I believe they did it, but when I see their photos, videos, tweets, etc, it just stuns me that teenage girls could be so capable of doing something so horrible to someone they were best friends with. And not only that, but pretending to be helping with the case, sending the family messages of support and sleeping in the victim's bed. It's sick, really sick. There were absolutely no indications at all that they were cold-hearted girls capable of gruesome murder.

And I absolutely believe SE would've stayed completely quiet if RS didn't speak out.

Knowing teenage girls and having been their age 5 years ago, I think they probably fought over a boy or something. Skylar was a really pretty girl, so I wouldn't be surprised if a guy her friends liked looked in her direction and they got really jealous and acted upon it. That's just my opinion though. Of course they could've killed her because, like the news is reporting, they didn't want to be her friend anymore, but I feel it runs a bit deeper than that and it was a few things.

Ever since I saw this story, I've been really interested in it and have read up about it for a few days.

I'm sorry you life was cut short by people you considered your best friends, Skylar, but hopefully we will be seeing you get some justice soon. A lot of murder victims don't get justice, and a lot of them aren't even found so at least it looks like you will. That is the only positive to come out of this, but I wish I could bring you back.

It seems like a slam dunk case, but it's RS's word against SE's. Poor Skylar can't testify. However, I wonder if the vague tweets can be admitted as evidence in the trial, and do they even effectively support the prosecution? The defense could offer many alternative explanations for those tweets. There are several ways to cast doubt on RS's story, including the rumored mental breakdown, if she had it. Her mental stability can be called into question.

I'm also very interested in where the vague tweets stand in the trial. There are a few that hint at it, like she is quoted saying something like:

If you think you can handle RS and I at our worst, you're wrong

But they can easily have another excuse. For example, maybe another person annoyed them that day and they collaborated to do something in retaliation? Who knows. I also believe that if they murdered someone so close to them so brutally, they probably aren't that pleasant to their peers. Plus they did cop a lot of (deserving, might I add) mean comments and messages about their involvement, so I think they probably had a few enemies and they aren't talking about Skylar in ALL of them.

There is one tweet though that is interesting to me that I'd like to hear an explanation for, and that is one that went like:

It's true, we did go on three

Which is what they are assumed to have done leading up to Skylar's murder and I believe RS told this to the police.

If anyone is interested, you can read all the tweets on the DollarScholar.com or NewsBall.com articles (I believe they'e the same website? I don't know). I know that there was a bit of a discussion about it not being a reliable source on this thread a bit back, but the screencaps of the tweets are very helpful (as well as the photos and videos). Just don't pay any attention to the article itself, I suppose, lol.

topix also has an interesting discussion in the morgantown forum - many posts by people that knew all three starting back in May with RS plea & SE arrest. It's unbelievable to me that these young girls could be so cold. redefines 'mean girls'.

Skylar had been best friends with Shelia since second grade. Rachael was a comparitively new friend....perhaps Shelia saw her as "cooler"... more attractive as a BFF than long time friend Skylar. I think Skylar was trying to stay close to her childhood friend by trying to also be friends with Rachael. But they were shutting her out. Maybe the attack, coming a week after Skylar was invited on vacation...was Shelia's way of proving that Rachael meant more to her.

Remember the Texas Cadet murders. Same sort of "loyalty" murder.

I hope both of them stay in prison until they are VERY old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal