GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case just makes my heart hurt, for Skylar and all the families involved. The worst part for me is that I don't think there is any hope for justice for Skylar. RS and SE will have decent lives for their short stints in prison. The worst part will be no fast food, no boys and no hair dye. Maybe I've become jaded, but I just don't see any real punishment for them. Their families will support them financially and they will still be young women when they get out.

I just saw this story on the news ... I was determined to not come back to web sleuths after Hannah's story, but here I am yet again. There are so many pages here, maybe someone is kind enough to give me a small summary ... Do we have any motive? I know the news did not.

She was actually grinning in that video.

I am wondering if she was medicated- or simply delusional...she walked in like she was sauntering down the runway of a beauty pageant. imo.

I am wondering if she was medicated- or simply delusional...she walked in like she was sauntering down the runway of a beauty pageant. imo.

"Maybe that’s why Eddy went last. After all, it’s not every day that a pretty teenage girl is accused with planning to kill her best friend. But her being last made it that much more dramatic. Especially since she was the only female inmate in the courtroom."

This post from the author of Skylars book explains the scene well in court today.

http://www.daleenberry.com/daleenberry/ posting mobile idk if direct link but on there

IMO she was enjoying the attention possibly, everyone she knows knew what happened today. She certainly didn't look remorseful or sad (except maybe because she isn't allowed to go home on bail before trial ...like what a joke). This trial is going to be messy and it looks like jails been a little rough on her already, certainly won't make her prettier.

So sad for the Neeses, ugh, her dad seems so mad, I would have a hard time having to look at her without disrupting the court while she's trying to smile at him, ugh sick.

Also no idea what kind of defensive she is going to use....

I just saw this story on the news ... I was determined to not come back to web sleuths after Hannah's story, but here I am yet again. There are so many pages here, maybe someone is kind enough to give me a small summary ... Do we have any motive? I know the news did not.

Skyler left her home via window one night to meet up with Rachel & Shelia- who both said they dropped her back off.
Fast Forward- Sky's remains found on Eddy Run Road in PA. Motive stated somewhere is that the 2 did not want to be friends with Sky anymore, and that they both stabbed her.

First of all, I'm not sure what happened on here with Hannah's story, but thanks for coming back for Skylar, and welcome :)

Here's the basic rundown:

-Skylar went missing at the beginning of July 2012 after being seen on video footage leaving her home and getting into a friend's car.
-The friend turned out to be SE, who claimed she was with RS and the girls went for a ride and then dropped Skylar off about an hour later (though there was no video showing Skylar's or the car's return).
-The family and friends searched for Skylar until January 2013, all the while battling with police who thought she was a runaway. The Neese family felt that the police were not taking the disappearance seriously and have since made strides to enact "Skylar's Law," which would enable Amber Alerts to be issued for runaways as well as abducted children.
-In January 2013, RS made some kind of deal with law enforcement (it has been said that she obtained immunity for sharing her story). RS confessed that she and SE took Skylar out to a back road, stabbed and killed her, and attempted to bury her. When their attempts to bury her failed, they covered her in brush and left her. RS claimed that she and SE killed Skylar because they "didn't want to be friends anymore." (none of this was yet released to the public)
-RS was then free to live her life (having supposedly obtained immunity from prosecution), and police located Skylar's remains just over the PA border.
-After testing the remains, and realizing another state was now involved, law enforcement brought RS back in (this was the end of March or beginning of April 2013). This is not confirmed, but it is alleged that PA threatened to prosecute RS, and in order to stop that from happening, she agreed to throw out her immunity. However it happened, RS now agreed to plead to 2nd degree murder in WV, her statement was released to the public, and SE was arrested.
-From the time SE was arrested until now, it has mostly been waiting for SE to be transferred to adult status and for RS to have her sentencing hearing. No new information about the murder has been released, and thus far, SE is denying any involvement.

Sorry this wasn't a "short" summary haha. If you have other questions, feel free to ask. Always glad to have a new face on the forum.

First of all, I'm not sure what happened on here with Hannah's story, but thanks for coming back for Skylar, and welcome :)

Here's the basic rundown:

-Skylar went missing at the beginning of July 2012 after being seen on video footage leaving her home and getting into a friend's car.
-The friend turned out to be SE, who claimed she was with RS and the girls went for a ride and then dropped Skylar off about an hour later (though there was no video showing Skylar's or the car's return).
-The family and friends searched for Skylar until January 2013, all the while battling with police who thought she was a runaway. The Neese family felt that the police were not taking the disappearance seriously and have since made strides to enact "Skylar's Law," which would enable Amber Alerts to be issued for runaways as well as abducted children.
-In January 2013, RS made some kind of deal with law enforcement (it has been said that she obtained immunity for sharing her story). RS confessed that she and SE took Skylar out to a back road, stabbed and killed her, and attempted to bury her. When their attempts to bury her failed, they covered her in brush and left her. RS claimed that she and SE killed Skylar because they "didn't want to be friends anymore." (none of this was yet released to the public)
-RS was then free to live her life (having supposedly obtained immunity from prosecution), and police located Skylar's remains just over the PA border.
-After testing the remains, and realizing another state was now involved, law enforcement brought RS back in (this was the end of March or beginning of April 2013). This is not confirmed, but it is alleged that PA threatened to prosecute RS, and in order to stop that from happening, she agreed to throw out her immunity. However it happened, RS now agreed to plead to 2nd degree murder in WV, her statement was released to the public, and SE was arrested.
-From the time SE was arrested until now, it has mostly been waiting for SE to be transferred to adult status and for RS to have her sentencing hearing. No new information about the murder has been released, and thus far, SE is denying any involvement.

Sorry this wasn't a "short" summary haha. If you have other questions, feel free to ask. Always glad to have a new face on the forum.

Thank you!

just came across this when i was reading DM...what the frick is up with these 2? you don't want to be friends with someone anymore so you kill them :stormingmad:

looking forward to her trial and seeing her sentenced to what she deserves!

does anyone else find it odd that the trial date is set for October 22nd? That seems really quick. I know she was arrested on May 1st but she just pleaded yesterday!

does anyone else find it odd that the trial date is set for October 22nd? That seems really quick. I know she was arrested on May 1st but she just pleaded yesterday!

the only things i have to compare it to are the chrisman trial and the arias trial and we all know how arias is going....so this is like the speed of light.

maybe this is normal for the state?

As much as I'd love to see this case get more coverage and the trial be broadcast on or covered extensively on TV, I hope it isn't because these murdering girls will think the hoopla is all about them and would enjoy every minute of the attention.

Poor Skylar.

This case just makes my heart hurt, for Skylar and all the families involved. The worst part for me is that I don't think there is any hope for justice for Skylar. RS and SE will have decent lives for their short stints in prison. The worst part will be no fast food, no boys and no hair dye. Maybe I've become jaded, but I just don't see any real punishment for them. Their families will support them financially and they will still be young women when they get out.

That is something else I'm worried about, too. RS has a recommended 20 years, but the judge can decide up to 40 years I believe. I hope they do give her 40 years. The glimmer of hope I have is that they are being charged as adults, so they will be sentenced to prison and not juvie, and I think that will be a huge wake up call for them as they are in juvie now. Prison is not a nice place to be, especially for young, pretty girls like them.

SE, I'm not so sure about. Could anyone give me an example of the maximum charges Shelia could face if convicted? I know she can't get given the death penalty (which I don't agree with anyway), but I guess she is looking at life in prison? I don't want her getting out. We already have RS getting out early.

This could get very, very nasty, especially if RS thinks SE might get off.

Shelia will most likely be sentenced before Rachel, as they probably want to see if Rachel sticks to the part of her plea agreement with testifying against Shelia.

I'm interested in hearing what more details come out too, although it will be devastating as well. I still find it so hard to wrap my head around, I can't imagine how not only Skylar's family are feeling, but also Rachel's and Shelia's.

As for Shelia's arraignment, I can't believe she was smiling at Dave Neese. Ugh. She's sick. I bet she thought he was there to "support" her.

It's been tentatively set for that week, so I'm guessing it will probably be made later and shifted about if things come up. I do hope it's that week though. The quicker, the better.

I wonder how much evidence they have against her. Hopefully a lot.

Seeing images of SE in her orange prison overalls really strikes me, it brings home how young theses girls are. The fact that there is no obvious life changing events in their past to somehow explain their actions just makes it scary. These were just two very normal girls to look at, but what horror they have created for so many people. It's so hard to understand.

I know DN didn't want a trial, he doesn't want to hear about the things his daughter went through. I do hope the police and psychologists learn a lot from these girls. I hope in some way Skylar's legacy will be preventing this happening to someone else.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/22131230/update-shelia-eddy-pleads-not-guilty-in-skylar-neese-murder
A short video of SE walking into the courtroom. Skylar's father stated that SE smiled at him as she walked by, the first time he had seen her since her arrest.

You can see her smiling in the video, at times it looks as though she is smirking. Other times she looks a bit lost.

Here is a video (it is hosted on youtube, if this isn't allowed I'll find it elsewhere for anyone interested) of SE responding to her charges with 'not guilty' for each of the 3 charges against her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f0JvMrvIE4

Mary Earl Neese

This is very lengthy but here it is: The time has come to tell the full Skylar story from beginning to end as we know it to this point. Please feel free to copy and paste this to your walls so everyone can share, share and share it again. We want this story to get to as many people and places as we can get it for full exposure. While doing this we would like to push the petition for Skylar's law in hopes that in the future no other family will have do endure the heartache and anger that this situation has put us through. We have the full cooperation of law enforcement to proceed with everything that follows:
On 7/7/12 I received a call from my husband Dave asking where Skylar was. He had come home for lunch and to leave the car for Skylar to take to work and she was no where to be found. I told Dave that she was probably shopping or swimming with her friends and to call her bestie. He did and when he contacted her best friend she stated she had not seen nor heard from Skylar. Dave called me again and I gave him a couple more names to call. He called these girls also and again no one had seen or heard from Skylar. Dave called me again and I told him not to worry that she had to be at work at 4:00 and she never missed work so we would check with them around 4 to make sure she had shown up. I returned home from work and was just ready to call her work when the phone rang and it was her work place calling to see if Skylar was going to report to work. At this time I started to panic and called her bestie again and again we were told she had not seen or heard from Skylar. About 15 minutes later her bestie called me back saying she had to tell me the whole story and proceeded to tell me that she, Skylar and another bestie had snuck out the night before and drove around town and were back home and in bed around midnight. She stated the they had dropped Skylar off at the end of our street because Skylar was insistent that she did not want us to hear her sneaking back in the house. At this point we immediately called local law enforcement (city law enforcement) and they responded quickly and we did a neighborhood search and went door to door asking if anyone had seen or heard anything the night before. The neighboorhood watch program seems to be a little lacking as no one had seen or heard a thing. The city police were ready to call in search and rescue as we live close to the rail trail and the Monongahela River. I remembered that we have security cameras and the landlord was called to check his cameras and it revealed Skylar sneaking out her bedroom window and walking across the parking lot and getting into a car. The video was blurry and less than optimal and we were not able to make out the make or license plate of the car. At this point local law enforcement (city) considered her a runaway and everything came to a halt.
From the point of her being seen getting into the car the only thing we could do was to distribute Missing posters and rely on tips phoned in to the police. Many days and nights were spent following up on these leads and supposed sightings and none of them proved to have any merit. With the support of the community we continued on and it seemed as though nothing was getting accomplished. When we contacted the City police we were constantly being told by the Chief that she was a runaway and would return and there was nothing they could do but they were following up on all tips they received. This scenario continued for 2 months until I could no longer take it. I know my daughter and I know that she would not stay away that long without contacting someone. I may be vain in assuming it but I truly feel that she could not stay away from me that long let alone her friends. I went to the city police station one day and had no intention of leaving the premises without some answers. I was told in no uncertain terms by the Chief of the Police that she was a runaway until information proved otherwise and that he could not share all the information he had with me. Although this same Chief was sharing information with people on the telephone whom we do not even know and we were finding out this information on facebook. Again, I may be vain but I feel that the parents should have this information first without having to find it out through total strangers in the neighborhood and on facebook. I had asked the Chief to call for help from the State Police and he stated that he had a consultant with the States and he did not need any further help and even stated that he asked the States for help and they refused. At this point I was told to leave his office.
Upon returning home I could not accept that 2 months had passed with no word from Skylar and they were still considering her a runaway so I called the State Police myself and was told that yes, they had received missing fliers on Skylar to distribute and keep an eye out for her but no, they had not been asked to help with the investigation and that they would never refuse to assist with a missing persons case. From that point on the States have been continually assisting with Skylar's case and a lot of things have been discovered and revealed. The number one and main factor is that the law considers a missing child a runaway instead of a missing person until it is proven otherwise. We have lost valuable time and progress in that 2 months time because nothing was done and the Chief was waiting for her to return home. We now have a petition to enact Skylar's law that will hopefully go to the legislature in January for approval to reverse this law and make it that a missing person is a missing person until it is proven they are a runaway. This law will ensure that local law enforcement do everything at their disposal to find a missing person before the trail is cold. We have the approval of State and Federal law enforcement to enact this law and they are behind it 100%.
At this point the investigation became top priority for the State Police and the FBI. Interviews were being conducted and investigations were done into cell phones, computers, ipods, etc. I must make note that the Apple corporation was contacted at this time with subpeonas from the FBI to disclose the last location that Skylar had used her ipod and Apple refused. They were contacted several times by both the State and Federal levels and to this day they have refused to cooperate. We have been told that this could have been over months ago if they were willing to cooperate. Through these investigations it was discovered that Skylar's 2 best friends that she had snuck out with were not telling the whole truth. They have continued to withhold information to this day and have been caught in multiple lies to both the State and Federal authorities. The original belief was that they were in fear of retrubution or the consequences of others. At this point both girls have been offered immunity and still refuse to cooperate. The supposed bestest friend of Skylar's has even failed her lie detector test. The other best friend has not shown up for her testing or last interrogation. She conveniently disappeared and did not show at her lawyer's office for her last appointment. These girls seem to believe that they are invincible and nothing will happen to them but subpeonas and warrants are being issued for the next Grand Jury in January.
Throughout all this nightmare, the girls have withheld information. In the beginning her best friend would come to the house and cry with us and say that she wanted Skylar home. I loved these girls unconditionally and would have never dreamed they could be capable of things such as this. I felt about them as my daughters. This is truly the ultimate betrayal. The other friend never showed at our house and has only contacted us on a couple of occasions throughout these past 5 months. It is appearing at this point with all of the investigative information that these girls are more guilty than originally suspected. It just sickens me to know that anyone at this young of an age could sit by and let their supposed best friend disappear in this way. If it was truly something that happened as an accident they have had every opportunity to come forward with this information and have even been offered immunity. At this point it looks like foul play has occurred and murder has not been ruled out. I cannot stress enough what this has done to not only Dave and I but to the entire community. There has been a huge outpouring of love and support for us and we truly could not have come this far without all this love and support. It is time for these girls to come forward with everything they know. Our family needs closure to move on whether it be with Skylar's remains or the best scenario is that it be Skylar herself.

I just read this again on Topix and it's definitely worth another read knowing what we know now. Sheds new light on the situation, and will help anyone who is new to the forum. This was taken from Skylar's mother's Facebook page back in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23