GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly believe if Mom would quit trying to blame everyone else for Cherish's death the public may could find some sympathy for her. She was on the news again this morning blaming the LE for not responding to "an abduction" vs " child missing".

I really wish the news would quit putting her on there. It really would not surprise me if she didn't try to sue JSO for her own neglect.

http://www.news4jax.com/Rayne-Perry...ffice/-/475982/22032766/-/4jl4qm/-/index.html

Read through the report.

All (law enforcement) parties involved should have assumed/acted on the worst assumption (abducted/child endangered) from the get-go, and let it sort itself out later if it had been an interference of custody issue. Obviously. Ever since Jorelys Rivera, I have in my head (in case one of my kids ever turns up missing) to repeated bellow at the officers "CALL CART. ACTIVATE CART RIGHT NOW!"

That being said, I really, really, really, really hope that no judge ever allows RP custody of her children ever again. IMO, she can publicly rail at the laws that let predatory sex offenders roam free, and publicly rail at the officers who didn't take her insane-but-true story seriously/read the situation correctly enough from minute one...

But not until she publicly admits that she herself put Cherish in harm's way and committed several serious acts of child neglect and endangerment.

A stranger's van is "harm's way"
The fitting room is "harm's way"
McDonald's with a stranger alone is "harm's way"

Having it suddenly occur to you thirty minutes after you sent your daughter off alone with a stranger that she "could be raped and murdered".... ?

IMO, unless and until she has done that, admitted her own culpability in what happened to Cherish, she has no moral ground to stand on pointing fingers at where other people 'let this happen'.

form the report:

Rayne told the dispatcher how she met DS, how suspicious he acted, and about the van she put her kids in with this stranger.

Rayne told the dispatcher she was afraid this guy was going to rape and murder Cherish.

According to one interview, Rayne didn't call 911 until 30 minutes after CP went missing with this suspicious guy.

Rayne was "kinda talking out of her head" and admitted letting DS take Cherish to the dressing room a few times.

Cherish was supposed to be at the airport at 5 am for a custodial visit. But they're hanging with a stranger for several hours, driving in vans and shopping at 11:00 pm.

The report states she let the stranger take her daughter to McDonald's.

The report states "the mothers behaviors and emotions did not match the situation." When she cried, "she moaned and cried, but he never saw any tears." The officer though it suspicious that the boyfriend knew she was at Wal-mart and was calling the store to find out what happened, yet RP had no cell phone and no way to contact him.

Further, she commented to the detectives that she was psychic, she wanted to help the police finding missing persons, and RP also commented that "when police do bring her daughter back, it will be in a box."

Video confirms DS walked around with RP and the children "for a couple hours".

They did not have confirmation that perp was a registered sex offender until approximately 3:30 am.

The direct link to the report is here:

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/media/...104f65d10dce/JSO_Review_of_Cherish_Search.pdf

I truly believe if Mom would quit trying to blame everyone else for Cherish's death the public may could find some sympathy for her. She was on the news again this morning blaming the LE for not responding to "an abduction" vs " child missing".

I really wish the news would quit putting her on there. It really would not surprise me if she didn't try to sue JSO for her own neglect.

http://www.news4jax.com/Rayne-Perry...ffice/-/475982/22032766/-/4jl4qm/-/index.html

Personally, I think she'd have to go one step further. She'd have to accept responsibility for endangering her children and express remorse for how her mistakes contributed to the chain of events.

So far, she says she's a great mom who told Cherish to never talk to strangers, and she wanted pretty clothes for Cherish, so see, I'm a great mom. And DS totally tricked me. Not my fault. It was all tricky DS. And Cherish. And the sex predator laws. And these cops who screwed up. Plus Bio Dad never came back. And anyway, Cherish wanted a cheeseburger.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/article/328582/3/Rayne-Perrywinkle-Cherish-would-be-here

RP gives a speech.

I find especially interesting the idea of not allowing sex predators to own vans (he didn't, I thought it was his mother's?) and that violent predators should have tattoos you can see from a great distance.

Is this so that, once these laws are in place, she can put her children in a stranger's van, send them to fitting rooms and restaurants with strange men with confidence?

Also, is she not aware that not all violent predators are registered? That at some point, these bad people were unregistered? Lots of them go undetected for years? They could be anyone?

I don't mean to be ugly, but her intentional blindness to her own culpability is staggering. If she thinks this whole 'Scarlet Letter' thing is the way to go to protect society, is she also OK with her own face being tattooed with "Baker act", "Domestic Violence", "Child Abandoner," etc., so that we all can know what we're dealing with when around her?

Magdalyn,
Thanks for posting the link to the Internal Affairs investigation. I don't think that if LE did everything by the book that it would have saved Cherish, but IMO, the mother was the sole reason why everything was screwed up. I guess the bottom line is that they didn't believe the mother (for good reason) and that led to the delays in response. It must have been pretty confusing hearing the mother's story - I met a stranger, put my kids in a van and went shopping with him, let him go to the dressing room with my daughter, let him walk around with my daughter, let him take her to McDonalds but.....now I'm afraid (after 30 minutes) that he may have kidnapped her. Oh, and BTW, I'm a psychic and think that the next time I see her, she'll be in a box.

Magdalyn,
Thanks for posting the link to the Internal Affairs investigation. I don't think that if LE did everything by the book that it would have saved Cherish, but IMO, the mother was the sole reason why everything was screwed up. I guess the bottom line is that they didn't believe the mother (for good reason) and that led to the delays in response. It must have been pretty confusing hearing the mother's story - I met a stranger, put my kids in a van and went shopping with him, let him go to the dressing room with my daughter, let him walk around with my daughter, let him take her to McDonalds but.....now I'm afraid (after 30 minutes) that he may have kidnapped her. Oh, and BTW, I'm a psychic and think that the next time I see her, she'll be in a box.

Yes, and add in the mother mentioning Cherish was to be at the airport at 5 a.m. for a visit to bio-dad...

"So my daughter had to be at the airport to fly to her bio dad for the summer in less than 8 hours. So I went to the store to buy dresses I couldn't afford mere hours before her flight. Met this guy. Put my kids in his seatless van. He gave me the creeps the entire two hours I voluntarily shopped with him, so of course I sent him to the fitting room with Cherish twice. His comments about Cherish in high heels were extra creepy, so I sent Cherish with him to McDonalds.

"After they were gone thirty minutes, I thought 'crap, maybe she's going to be raped and murdered, I should call the cops.'

"And hey, I'm psychic, you guys should hire me to help you find missing persons. By the way, the vision I'm currently getting is you're going to bring me my daughter in a box."

:scared:

So they review the video, see her very comfortably hanging with this man (to the cameras it appears they know each other) for two hours, sending him off to the dressing rooms, sending them off toward the front of the store, Cherish is not being bodily dragged out of the store...

Again, IMO, all missing children cases should be treated as the worst possibility first. IMO, all should be treated as potential endangered child abductions....Easy enough to cancel when/if they find out otherwise. And I've never heard a LEO complain when a kid is found safe and unharmed and it was not what it first appeared to be. They all say "I'm just happy we found him/her", "today's a good day", etc.

But I find it really hard to blame the cops for being a little :scared: by RPs presentation of facts, and especially by the facts themselves, which, most parents of children will agree, defy logic.

LE should always act on a worst case scenario when there is a missing child.

LE should always act on a worst case scenario when there is a missing child.

I agree. However, in THIS case, they probably didn't know if she was truly a missing child. They saw the surveillance of them acting like friends, the mom was acting insane. I don't blame LE. They were trying to figure out what the hell was going on and getting anything sane out of that woman is near impossible.

So three months that have passed. Let's go over the checklist of actions that have occurred as a result of the events that transpired the night of June 21st, 2013.

Violent predator finally off the street, charged accordingly.

JSO officers have been disciplined/reprimanded.

The legal system regarding sex offenders is getting a much needed blast of attention.

Florida DCF is open to improving their own system in light of their involvement in RPs case from the beginning, and what ultimately happened to poor Cherish under RP's (and their) watch.

Florida DCF finally did the right thing and, for their own safety, removed the two surviving children from RP, who clearly has been determined to be an unsafe guardian/environment.

What am I missing?

http://www.richardhornsby.com/crimes/children/aggravated-child-neglect.html

1.When a caregiver willfully or by culpable negligence fails to either: ◦Provide a child with the care, supervision, and services necessary to maintain the child's physical and mental health that a prudent person would consider essential for the well-being of the child; or
◦Make a reasonable effort to protect a child from abuse, neglect, or exploitation by another person.

2.And in failing to do so, causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child.

Neglect of a child may be based on repeated conduct or on a single incident or omission that results in, or could reasonably be expected to result in, serious physical or mental injury, or a substantial risk of death, to a child.

It is a felony punishable up to 15 years in prison. Perhaps if the state of Florida and DFACS would like to see less child neglect and endangerment in the state, they should punish those who commit these crimes with the laws that are already on the books.

Perhaps RP can give a press conference about that.

I'm really sorry for Cherish and obviously it should have been given top priority but given the circumstances I'm not sure I would have correctly classified this as an abduction either. I don't wonder that the responding officers thought that there was something off about the mother's story. Why weren't the children in bed sleeping ? Why would anyone shop with a stranger who gives you the creeps for so long and then wait half an hour when he disappears with your daughter? Given that they arrived in his van it is not surprising if the officers thought that DS was someone Rayne knew and he took Cherish away so she wouldn't have to go to dad's. To any normal parents it wouldn't have seemed like RP ever intended for her to go anyway since they were shopping 6 hours before the supposed departure time.

How did AP know they were at Walmart?

I'm really sorry for Cherish and obviously it should have been given top priority but given the circumstances I'm not sure I would have correctly classified this as an abduction either. I don't wonder that the responding officers thought that there was something off about the mother's story. Why weren't the children in bed sleeping ? Why would anyone shop with a stranger who gives you the creeps for so long and then wait half an hour when he disappears with your daughter? Given that they arrived in his van it is not surprising if the officers thought that DS was someone Rayne knew and he took Cherish away so she wouldn't have to go to dad's. To any normal parents it wouldn't have seemed like RP ever intended for her to go anyway since they were shopping 6 hours before the supposed departure time.

Bolded by me.

This is a good question.....
All of a sudden things are sounding to me like they may be even "hinkier" than they already appear.

BBM

Some theories that came to mind:

1) Rayne had a cellphone originally, but left it in the van and or in the stroller.

2) Rayne borrowed DS's phone to inform AP of her good fortune (DS's offer)and plans

3) Rayne told AP before she left home that she would be going to DG first, then Walmart, all on foot.

4) Rayne does this is as a routine. Starts at the Dollar General, then convinces someone to give she and her children a ride to Walmart.

The problem with 3 and 4 is it seems bizarrely convenient that DS just happened to 'have a gift card' for a store she was planning on going to all along. (Unless she telegraphed 'oh, I wish we could afford to shop at Walmart' and he concocted his "oh, I have a walmart gift card" on the spot.)

If her story was she was shopping for dresses at DG, couldn't afford what she wanted, then DS offered this Walmart giftcard, so she agreed to pile the kids in his van to meet his wife at the Walmart....then who told AP she was leaving DG and now headed to Walmart?

Or...did she call AP from a payphone at the Walmart before calling police? And then she hangs up, calls 911 (or had security do it) then AP is calling back?

I thought there was some article way back about how AP was talking to a neighbor about what's taking RP so long at Walmart, which, if true, would imply he knew her change of location before Cherish went missing. I'll go see if I can find it.

I don't think this is a big mystery here. She could have borrowed a phone from someone to call her boyfriend. Although I am really not surprised some didn't believe her at first. I am guessing she didn't come off as very credible.

I hate to blame mOm, I'm sure she never expected this to happen, but she totally put her children and herself in an awful situation. I'm sad for all of them.

OK, I found this tweet from a reporter on 6/22

Erica Rakow @ericarakow

Man who lives across the street tells me the child's stepfather was worried they hadn't come home. Says he drove him to Wal-Mart @wjxt4

4:39 PM - 22 Jun 2013

I've just read all of the posts on this case and WOW!

What the actual heck was Rayne thinking? She obviously has little regard for her children, if she's keeping a 3, 5 and 8 year old out shopping until after 11 to begin with, and that's before factoring in hooking up with RSO's and allowing them to take your child to a changing room and away to mcDonalds.

I am a single mother, I have 3 DD's, I'm also a university student. Plus I have Borderline Personality Disorder and clinical depression. If I had a stranger approach me in Tesco (England's biggest supermarket chain) and ask me if I wanted a £100 gift voucher and a lift in his van I'd say "No", "Hell no" and then "HELP!"

Borderline Personality Disorder is a disorder where your emotional and coping skills stop at a certain time, for me (and many others) I have the coping skills of a teenager. I'd had my first two children before I was diagnosed. But I look after my children, they are clean, well fed, loved, warm and cherished.

While DS is the perpetrator of this horrendous crime, I see RP more as an (unwilling) accomplice. Her sole job in life was to protect and care for these little girls. From what it seems, media reported living conditions, reports that Cherish acted like a little mam to the younger children and the CPS reports she failed her children.

Rest in peace Cherish, you deserved so much more in life.

Oh dear Lord above.... I only have one thing to say because everything else has already been said... Please don't let them have the remaining two kids!

The more I read about some of the cases here, the more I think legal sterilization needs to be brought back. Some people just do NOT need to have kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd