MA - justice for puppy doe/kiya, Boston

BeavisMom62

No, Butthead is NOT here!!
Reaction score
I am hoping some of the superior crime solving minds might take an interest in this horrific case. In Boston, on 8-31-13, a person found a terribly tortured pit bull. It was taken to the vet who found the pup had undergone medieval torture pulling his legs out of their sockets, forked her tongue, beat, stabbed and starved her for a prolonged period of time. They are trying to find the but not having much luck. Im hoping someone will help! Im on my phone and dont know how to link to the story but Facebook has a group called Justice for Puppy Doe with many links. The vet determined that the dog would never live a normal life free of pain and humanely euth'd her. They did find the original owner who gave her away via Craigslist. She had to rehome her due to BSL. Her name was Kiya.
If anyone could help, please? You were the only people I could think of. No dog deserves to be treated that way. But hopefully there will be Justice.for Kiya!

Oops. I was searching for similar articles before i posted this. Dont know why the Active Search is on there. Hope its not a TOS violation.

Thank you for posting this. Let's hope it opens some eyes and also leads to a prosecution to the fullest extent of Massachusetts law.

This is a disgusting story, I can't want till they find this . The legal system isn't harsh enough on animal abusers, lets hope they make an example out of this person with actual serious consequences.

Oh how I wish I had never read this!!! One of those things that needs to be told, but I don't want to know about! Poor little thing. People can be so unbelievably cruel. My heart breaks thinking about what that little angel endured. I hope they find this monster. That's too nice of a word.

Does WS get involved in dog cruelty/murder cases? Obviously i know that isnt the basis of what we do here but LE in Boston is concerned that this person has done it before or could easily escalate into crimes against humans. Anyone here from the area who could sleuth a little?

Can someone provide a link to this story? As i said, i dont know how from my phone. Thank you : )

So the last person to have 'possession' of Puppy Doe/Kiya was a woman from Grafton who allegedly sent pics and info to the woman who gave her up. The last info was reportedly sent in June, then no more contact. When the Examiner tried to contact the woman in Grafton, she hung up. I sure hope that she is working with LE.

Grafton, Massachusetts is an hour away from Quincy, Massachusetts.

I think every vet should be required to put an ID chip in dogs. Owners may be less likely to mistreat their animal if they know they would be held responsible and never permitted to own an animal again. jmo

The thought of this sweet puppy suffering for many months just crushes my heart. I had to walk away and just cry my eyes out yet again. I really, truly hope this person is found and stopped forever.

I think every vet should be required to put an ID chip in dogs. Owners may be less likely to mistreat their animal if they know they would be held responsible and never permitted to own an animal again. jmo

I agree. Here in FL (as elsewhere I hope) if you adopt from a shelter or rescue (as I do), they are automatically chipped. But even if the original owner had Kiya chipped, it wouldn't have done her any good once she had a new owner, unless the new owner updated the chip, and I certainly don't think the people who did this were the type who would give a carp about chipping a dog.

This whole thing just makes me so mad! I wish there was something I could do. :stormingmad:

I agree. Here in FL (as elsewhere I hope) if you adopt from a shelter or rescue (as I do), they are automatically chipped. But even if the original owner had Kiya chipped, it wouldn't have done her any good once she had a new owner, unless the new owner updated the chip, and I certainly don't think the people who did this were the type who would give a carp about chipping a dog.

This whole thing just makes me so mad! I wish there was something I could do. :stormingmad:

But the chip would always lead back to the original owner. Knowing that if an owner gave their dog away I would think they'd get ID so if something were to happen to the dog threw neglect LE would not blame the original owner. Most owners want the dog to go to a good home. Dogs are a big responsibility and many are very expensive. At least you would have some type of a way of tracking an owner. We have no guarantee who we give the dog to that the dog will be treated correctly but as in everything else it may stop some people from acting irresponsibly. It certainly can't hurt and some of the donations generous people give could be used to help offset the cost of a chip for those who can't afford to pay for it. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back