MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not kept up on the FB page today; very sad reading what I was able to read.

Its evening now in Norton Shores. I wonder if anyone has put up a new poster at the station where Jessica worked. It is the most important location. People who may know something may just be returning from vacation see the poster and phone in their tip.I would guess someone at the Bridge church could find a poster today.

As frustrating as it might be for those of us who want Jessica to be found, a business owner has the right to decide whether or not he/she will allow the poster to be displayed at that location. Employees, customers, family and/or friends of the missing person can't put up the poster without manager/owner permission. I'm sure that folks have asked to display the Jessica Heeringa Missing poster at the Exxon station but have probably been told "no". :moo:

:seeya::seeya:
As frustrating as it might be for those of us who want Jessica to be found, a business owner has the right to decide whether or not he/she will allow the poster to be displayed at that location. Employees, customers, family and/or friends of the missing person can't put up the poster without manager/owner permission. I'm sure that folks have asked to display the Jessica Heeringa Missing poster at the Exxon station but have probably been told "no". :moo:
My understanding is a worker at the station said that it was taken down by someone who was not the owner or a worker. Someone should put another one up.:thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

What if the abductor took the poster down because although it only resembles him slightly he is afraid someone might call his name in as a possible suspect.

My understanding is a worker at the station said that it was taken down by someone who was not the owner or a worker. Someone should put another one up.

If you're referring to something that is posted on Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook,it isn't necessarily true and can't be regarded as fact. There is a lot being said on that site lately, and much of it is likely personal opinions, gossip, and/or rumor.

It really doesn't matter who took the poster down, if that's what happened. No one can post something at a business location without permission from the owner. I would never be so presumptuous as to put up a poster of any kind at a business without the approval of the owner. :moo:

Then someone with authority such as a local member of LE should go into the station with a poster in hand and request the owner to cooperate in the search by putting up the poster. It would get done.

I have sent an email to Pastor Stattan at the Bridge Bible Church in Norton Shores. I asked the Pastor if he could send a church member over with a poster (they will have one) and after asking permission from the owner posting it. The people at that church are very active in Christian causes.

Its evening now in Norton Shores. I wonder if anyone has put up a new poster at the station where Jessica worked. It is the most important location. People who may know something may just be returning from vacation see the poster and phone in their tip.I would guess someone at the Bridge church could find a poster today.

goldenbear do you live near Norton Shores? And I am so confused about the tip you provided to LE I can't find anything about it in the thread. What might that be about?

Not that I support the gas station owner, but the two times I stopped at the Exxon, there were posters on the door and on the counter. But that was awhile ago in the middle of summer.

Oh my gosh this case is so frustrating. I don't really have anything new to say, other than thinking about one time when I was 19 years old, some creeper tried to "give me a ride home" one day after work. He'd been hitting on and chatting up the women I was working with a in restaurant all summer. I almost actually felt bad telling him no, but thank goodness my training to never take rides with strangers kicked in. I was so young, naive and trusting. Thinking back gives me the shudders!

Not that I support the gas station owner, but the two times I stopped at the Exxon, there were posters on the door and on the counter. But that was awhile ago in the middle of summer.

<snipped>

Thank you for sharing this, Tangie.

What if the abductor took the poster down because although it only resembles him slightly he is afraid someone might call his name in as a possible suspect.

The thing is, those posters are/were in many places, so that would be taking a big risk to go back to the place the perp abducted Jessica from just to take down a poster. It would make sense that the perp would steer clear from the gas station, unless the sketch does not in any way resemble the perp, so therefore the perp is walking among the population with people totally unaware of who this person is and what they did.
IMOO.

Please do not quote directly from any Facebook page. Comments from ANY FB page are considered rumor. You can direct posters to the general post with a link but please do not bring the discussion here.

Stinneb I am on a different time schedule from you . I usually post about 11pm your time.
The tip related to posts by several websleuths that were deleted because you are not allowed to post about the victim. For that matter as noone has been named a suspect by LE we have to be very careful posting about anyone in this abduction. I felt this information was important so I emailed Chief Shaw directly.

All I can say about the FJH page is W.O.W. People are not mincing words. Finally

I would direct posters to the link, but I have no idea how to accomplish that without giving away my FB info.

The temperature in Norton Shores is below 50 degrees at night. To protect themselves the trees will quickly shed their leaves. The bow deer hunting season starts in one week. Everyone is hoping they will find clues to Jessica's disappearance. Also someone in Norton Shores may remember something that puts LE on the right path to finding her.

Stinneb I am on a different time schedule from you . I usually post about 11pm your time.
The tip related to posts by several websleuths that were deleted because you are not allowed to post about the victim. For that matter as noone has been named a suspect by LE we have to be very careful posting about anyone in this abduction. I felt this information was important so I emailed Chief Shaw directly.

Thanks!
I am so happy they will look in to whatever information you had! It is really great that there might be some information, however sparse it may or may not be.
Did you have to give up your name or something? I don't suppose they would tell you if they find something because they would propably feel it might interfere the investigation, but I really hope it will lead to something.

:tyou:

The thing is, those posters are/were in many places, so that would be taking a big risk to go back to the place the perp abducted Jessica from just to take down a poster. It would make sense that the perp would steer clear from the gas station, unless the sketch does not in any way resemble the perp, so therefore the perp is walking among the population with people totally unaware of who this person is and what they did.
IMOO.

The only way someone could remove the posters on the door (especially if it's attached on the inside of the door) and the counter without being noticed is if the posters were removed by an employee. Someone would be working behind the counter constantly during business hours unless the employee had been lured outside, as apparently was the case for JH when she was abducted.

I keep reading remarks about hunting season approaching and how hopes are that someone will stumble upon something. Had there been ground and grid searches allowed, she might have been found months ago. I keep up with this case and this thread, and I pray for answers. But I will never forget the utter disregard shown to Jessica. This investigation has been truly despicable. If hunters do find her..........I hope heads roll.

I keep reading remarks about hunting season approaching and how hopes are that someone will stumble upon something. Had there been ground and grid searches allowed, she might have been found months ago. I keep up with this case and this thread, and I pray for answers. But I will never forget the utter disregard shown to Jessica. This investigation has been truly despicable. If hunters do find her..........I hope heads roll.

Recently happened.
Human remains found by hunter in Georgetown Township

The only way someone could remove the posters on the door (especially if it's attached on the inside of the door) and the counter without being noticed is if the posters were removed by an employee. Someone would be working behind the counter constantly during business hours unless the employee had been lured outside, as apparently was the case for JH when she was abducted.

Other than an occasional supermarket "community" bulletin board, I rarely see any type of poster displayed on the exterior of a business. If managers/owners allow posters to be displayed, they are always mounted on the inside of a glass surface where they are visible and protected from the elements. A poster that is placed on the outside of a business probably wouldn't last 24 hours given the rapidly changing weather that we experience in the Great Lakes State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07