IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not related, but this never ceases to bother me.

http://www.wboc.com/story/23524727/police-in-del-looking-for-possibly-abducted-child

And snipped from the Websleuths thread:

DE DE - AMBER ALERT: Unknown girl, 10-12, Newark, 24 Sept 2013 - possible abduction - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Witnesses have reported that the juvenile female was abducted while walking and pulled into an older unknown make or model SUV, white in color, with rear dark tinted windows, and a roof rack.

I'm about to the point that you couldn't get me to drive an older white van or SUV if you gave it to me for free. :(

any big white vehicle really - I wouldn't want one either! Kinda feel sorry for those who have one and don't have $$ to change that.

any big white vehicle really - I wouldn't want one either! Kinda feel sorry for those who have one and don't have $$ to change that.

ITA. I was thinking, I wouldn't want to be driving a white pickup truck, either.

I am just not sure what to believe anymore...every time I read through a past article I find something new. Whether it's a time that's different or just information that in another article is completely contradictory.

So, are we EVER going to honestly know how long Lyric had been going with Wylma over to Heather's house to clean?

"And at bedtime, her and I would hold hands, we'd talk about the day, and we'd pray," she added.

The same was true of Elizabeth. For years, Cook and Lyric had gone to the Collins home every morning to help Heather, who almost died from a heart ailment in November 2010 and now has a pacemaker.

So now it's YEARS that they'd been going over there every day? Well, we know that can't be 100% true because Lyric would be in school for 9 months out of the year.

However - (a BIG however) if she'd been going there over the summer months with Wylma for years I believe there is a MUCH higher chance that these two being abducted together is a more likely scenario than if she'd just been going there for a week or so. If they spent their summers together, chances increase that both would be taken when the abduction happened.

This could also mean that BOTH of those girls had been in the Meyers Lake area on a somewhat regular basis without the family's knowledge (which I still don't believe - Tammy proved that almost immediately). Maybe they rode to this friends house together and Mr. Carpenter only recognized Elizabeth because she was in the area not only in the summer, but maybe during the school year months as well...so she was a more familiar face.

C'mon 3ck...a couple of lies and you're changing your whole theory? :seeya:

I long ago decided to take anything this crew said with a grain of salt - in fact, the entire salt shaker!

:scared:

C'mon 3ck...a couple of lies and you're changing your whole theory? :seeya:

I long ago decided to take anything this crew said with a grain of salt - in fact, the entire salt shaker!

:scared:

:floorlaugh: I just don't understand why it's so hard to get some basic facts straight. ;) Had she been doing Heather's cleaning for a week/5 weeks/years with Lyric tagging along? :seeya:

Legally separated, yes. Physically separated, no.

I wouldn't spend a night in the same hotel room with my ex husband, no matter what the circumstances!

Also, you might not have followed the scanner thread, But we do know from the scanner that they lived together after the abduction. (or at least stayed together). There are lots of details there that I can't post here. Sorry! Rules.

I also remember someone saying the no contact order was no longer in effect, or being overlooked, given the circumstances.

Look at their body language in the interviews. Those 2 were still romantically involved- I'd bet my house on it.

Also, look at the wording of the account of the first time Lyric went missing - I forget the wording and whether it was from Vicki's pr Wylma's house, but Dan was there when Lyric didn't return. He says "Mysti came home" -- implying they were both living there. If they were so separated, why were they hanging out together a week before the abduction, at one of their mother's houses?

BBM, and see this is where I can understand misty and Dan spending the night in a hotel room. Their daughter was missing! If my stepson was missing, I wouldn't hesitate to spend the night with my husbands ex-wife. I'd want to be close by if any information was found, I'd want all 4 parents together to be able to communicate.

I don't find the hotel stay strange at all.

:floorlaugh: I just don't understand why it's so hard to get some basic facts straight. ;) Had she been doing Heather's cleaning for a week/5 weeks/years with Lyric tagging along? :seeya:

God knows, none of it has ever been clear to me, right from the get go. Even the time last seen changed, right at the beginning, they said it was 11.30. The girls never went there before, but then we find Lizzie at least had got near, often.

LE have just sat back and let the speculation grow, organically. They have barely said a word, on anything, and what they have said has been contradictory to say the least.

I just get the feeling they're in no rush. That's one of the reasons they never came across Klunder's name. That's what they meant when they said "his name didn't come up" - they meant they weren't looking. It might have even been a message to the killer, LE do that sometimes.

:twocents:

BBM, and see this is where I can understand misty and Dan spending the night in a hotel room. Their daughter was missing! If my stepson was missing, I wouldn't hesitate to spend the night with my husbands ex-wife. I'd want to be close by if any information was found, I'd want all 4 parents together to be able to communicate.

I agree.

Additionally, who could better understand the very particular terror and grief caused by that particular child going missing than the two parents? Strangers can sympathise, other parents who have gone through the same horror can relate but no one else knows the tiny details of that child like the particular way she smiles just before she gets into mischief or the funny little snores she makes or any of the other thousands of tiny things that make each child individual.

I can tell strangers how awesome my mama was but only with family and very close friends can I share the real belly laughs and peculiar things that trigger my grief all over again.

I may well be biased because I am on good terms with all my exes, once we got past the break up stage.

I agree. Below are two articles where it shows that BOTH sets of parents had gone from their homes to try to get some rest and away from the media...yet, Dan and Misty shouldn't get a wink of sleep but Heather and Drew absolutely deserve their sleep? "How can you sleep at a time like this?" is what police asked. I wonder if they asked Heather and Drew the same question...I mean, they should be just as worried about their child missing as the other set of parents, right?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/19/lake-landfill-searched-for-missing-iowa-cousins/
While Lyric's parents conducted television interviews and frequently checked the lake, Elizabeth's parents stayed out of the public eye. Drew and Heather Collins have moved from their home in Evansdale to an undisclosed location to get rest because too many people kept showing up, Brousseau said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-suspect-dad-missing-iowa-girls-case-family/story?id=16810959
Brousseau told reporters that the family was at a hotel last night when the FBI showed up to interrogate them. Daniel, she said, kept telling investigators that he needed to sleep, a comment that prompted authorities to ask him how he could sleep at a time like this.

I agree.

Additionally, who could better understand the very particular terror and grief caused by that particular child going missing than the two parents? Strangers can sympathise, other parents who have gone through the same horror can relate but no one else knows the tiny details of that child like the particular way she smiles just before she gets into mischief or the funny little snores she makes or any of the other thousands of tiny things that make each child individual.

I can tell strangers how awesome my mama was but only with family and very close friends can I share the real belly laughs and peculiar things that trigger my grief all over again.

I may well be biased because I am on good terms with all my exes, once we got past the break up stage.

It isn't just that they spent time together and found sympathy and comfort by being near each other. They left their local homes and ran off to a local hotel together. I can see setting up a command center together, or hanging out at the police station together. But fleeing to a hotel room?! That is weird.

It's weird not only because they went to a hotel, but also because they were FLEEING. They needed to go somewhere away from the prying eyes of the media and the listening ears of the police.

If my kid were missing I would either be AT the police station, or at home sitting right next to my phone. I'd tell LE and media anything they needed to know to help find my kid. But these two wanted to hide. THAT is über fishy.

I agree. Below are two articles where it shows that BOTH sets of parents had gone from their homes to try to get some rest and away from the media...yet, Dan and Misty shouldn't get a wink of sleep but Heather and Drew absolutely deserve their sleep? "How can you sleep at a time like this?" is what police asked. I wonder if they asked Heather and Drew the same question...I mean, they should be just as worried about their child missing as the other set of parents, right?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/19/lake-landfill-searched-for-missing-iowa-cousins/
While Lyric's parents conducted television interviews and frequently checked the lake, Elizabeth's parents stayed out of the public eye. Drew and Heather Collins have moved from their home in Evansdale to an undisclosed location to get rest because too many people kept showing up, Brousseau said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-suspect-dad-missing-iowa-girls-case-family/story?id=16810959
Brousseau told reporters that the family was at a hotel last night when the FBI showed up to interrogate them. Daniel, she said, kept telling investigators that he needed to sleep, a comment that prompted authorities to ask him how he could sleep at a time like this.

Aunt Tammy is such a windbag. I don't believe anything she says. However, even if Heather & Drew did leave, they were still 100% cooperative with LE and the FBI didn't feel the need to follow them and wake them up for questioning.

I posted this earlier and said the same thing! What are the odds? However, like I said, it appears older white suv/vans/trucks appear to be perp's #1 choice in vehicles! WTH?!:banghead:

But we don't know if our little perp(s) have been traveling around the country. Remember the old saying, "Out of site, out of mind."

o/t question -
Do you have to hit refresh in order for some of the posts to accept a "thanks"

I posted this earlier and said the same thing! What are the odds? However, like I said, it appears older white suv/vans/trucks appear to be perp's #1 choice in vehicles! WTH?!:banghead:

Because so many of them are used as work or fleet vehicles, there's a lot of them on the used market. And because they typically have high mileage on them, they are cheap even for used vehicles.

If you want a vehicle that you anticipate having to ditch at some point, I'd think you'd want a cheap vehicle.

It isn't just that they spent time together and found sympathy and comfort by being near each other. They left their local homes and ran off to a local hotel together. I can see setting up a command center together, or hanging out at the police station together. But fleeing to a hotel room?! That is weird.

It's weird not only because they went to a hotel, but also because they were FLEEING. They needed to go somewhere away from the prying eyes of the media and the listening ears of the police.

If my kid were missing I would either be AT the police station, or at home sitting right next to my phone. I'd tell LE and media anything they needed to know to help find my kid. But these two wanted to hide. THAT is über fishy.

As threecrazykids pointed out, Drew and Heather did pretty much the same thing: they left their home for a secret location so they could get some sleep.

Hey, maybe Heather and Drew also went to a hotel... how fishy is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd