2nd Anniversary of Baby Lisa's disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips dwindle two years after Baby Lisa’s disappearance

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/10/01/4523103/tips-dwindle-two-years-after-baby.html

Little has changed in the two years since Lisa appeared. A $100,000 reward remains available to anyone with information that helps bring the girl home. A New York attorney still represents Lisa’s parents, and a private detective continues to investigate, said the family’s local attorney, John Picerno.

Bradley said she often passes tips she receives to the FBI or police investigators. She declined to say what new information she has forwarded.

“Because she is still not home and I have to do what is best for her and for her safety,” Bradley said.

Well Tacopina, Picerno, and the P.I. can't be involved in the case for 2 years for publicity, since there hasn't been any in a very long time, so I'm guessing they are getting paid, most likely by the benefactor. The whole thing is odd.

The photo on the right. The new NCMEC flyer comes up when I click that link. I attached the photo below.

Sorry, but that child looks 8-9 years old. Not the 3 year old that Lisa would be. Actually not even 3.

Weird. I thought Lisa had been missing for 3 years. It seems like forever. Hard to remember it's only two years.....

RIP, little one.

May karma find the person who took your life. :(

Sorry, but that child looks 8-9 years old. Not the 3 year old that Lisa would be. Actually not even 3.

Weird. I thought Lisa had been missing for 3 years. It seems like forever. Hard to remember it's only two years.....

RIP, little one.

May karma find the person who took your life. :(

i can't get on the kctv website for some reason to read the article deann linked but did read their fb page post... seems almost everyone agrees about the age problem. it was the first thing i thought when i saw it too. unfortunately... i don't believe an age progression will be helpful in this case either.

https://www.facebook.com/KCTV5?filter=3

well, the age progression was released hours ago... and it HAS NOT yet been put up on either findlisairwin.com or her official fb page. you'd think it would be... if you wanted to find your "kidnapped" daughter... ??

i also have some thoughts about DB's comments in the star interview but for now, i'll keep those to myself.

:moo:

I'm happy that the age progression image is out at last.

Although I wouldn't have guessed that the age progression was of Lisa. *sigh*

That sort of thing never fails to bring home the injustice of robbing the world of the chance to see how the missing child develops for real.

I bet she'd love fluffy cats and bunnies.

Tips have slowed but they're still getting about one a week.
http://www.kmov.com/news/national/KC-baby-Lisa-Irwin-still-missing-2-years-later--226162461.html
“I cannot force the people who know where Lisa is and who might have her into telling us. I have no control over that,” Bradley said. “You do what you can for your baby, because it is your job as a parent to protect your child, and I wasn’t able to protect her from the bad guys.”

Bradley said she and Irwin think someone took Lisa and is raising the child as his or her own.
“When she comes home and (with) all of the hateful things that certain people have said, they have to answer to their maker for judgment,” she said. “I will have my daughter back, and I will be vindicated, and those people that spent all of that time judging me will be miserable, but we won’t.
“We will be happy again.”

well, the age progression was released hours ago... and it HAS NOT yet been put up on either findlisairwin.com or her official fb page. you'd think it would be... if you wanted to find your "kidnapped" daughter... ??

i also have some thoughts about DB's comments in the star interview but for now, i'll keep those to myself.

:moo:

BBM: I just checked the findlisairwin.com site and I saw the age progression photo. I haven't checked the "official" facebook page yet today.

Via KCTV5's Sandra Olivas. Irwin-Bradly did an interview with Fox 4 but won't do one with other media outlets. They say they have retained a new PR person who advised them not to speak to the media until Saturday's vigil. Reporters explained at length how they could get media coverage today AND on Saturday that could help bring their daughter home, but couple wouldn't give sway.

Story first written last night has been updated. http://www.kctv5.com/story/23584340/updated-photo-of-missing-lisa-irwin-released

Via KCTV5's Sandra Olivas. Irwin-Bradly did an interview with Fox 4 but won't do one with other media outlets. They say they have retained a new PR person who advised them not to speak to the media until Saturday's vigil. Reporters explained at length how they could get media coverage today AND on Saturday that could help bring their daughter home, but couple wouldn't give sway.

Story first written last night has been updated. http://www.kctv5.com/story/23584340/updated-photo-of-missing-lisa-irwin-released

DeAnn as a viewer of the KC news stations it has bothered me why the parents are not willing to talk to local reporter's. I would think the parents would wants news about Lisa on as many outlets as possible. I guess I don't understand the need to control who reports on this story.

The more the coverage the better their chances of finding Lisa. That is if she is really missing. jmo

DeAnn as a viewer of the KC news stations it has bothered me why the parents are not willing to talk to local reporter's. I would think the parents would wants news about Lisa on as many outlets as possible. I guess I don't understand the need to control who reports on this story.

The more the coverage the better their chances of finding Lisa. That is if she is really missing. jmo

Sandra is a really good reporter.

I know initially police wouldn't let the parents talk to the media but that's certainly not the case now and changed after a couple of days.

I'm not going to lie. Two years ago, it was incredibly frustrating to wake up every morning and see the couple on GMA and Today Show knowing they wouldn't talk to local media.

I understand if they think they won't get a fair hearing or whatever.

That said, if my dog went missing, I would go hoarse talking to anyone and everyone I could to get her brought home. Getting her home would be all that would matter to me.

I'm very confused as to why they need a public relations person. Do they plan to finally start publicizing the case, and getting Lisa's name out there? What exactly is this PR person going to do? What was their old PR person doing this whole time?

KTV5 posted this on their FB page:

Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin are declining most interview requests today on the advice of their newly retained public relations expert. A new updated photo of their missing daughter, Lisa Irwin, was intended to show her as old as a preschooler. We will explain more on KCTV5 News at 5.

Um...what? Their PR person is telling to deny interview requests on the one day of the year, according to their supporters, the media will report on Lisa?

Why is the benefactor paying for two lawyers (one who doesn't even live in KC...can he even practice there?), a PR person (despite the family barely talking to the media), and a PI?

Steve Young is no longer the main PIO for the KCPD.

I sincerely hope the reporters in KC ask someone about Bradley's claim that there never was a cadaver dog in her bedroom!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288