GUILTY NY - Driver pulled from SUV, viciously beaten by bikers, Manhattan, 29 Sept 2013

In my opinion they were, Colette. Over 200 calls in one day with complaints such as driving recklessly and riding on sidewalks. Over 68 summonses issued, 15 arrests and 55 motorcycles confiscated. They were told by police not to be there yet they rallied anyway.

Thank you and this is a big part of the story the people here are missing here

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mine was/is still fine. Must be on your end.

This video with the biker witness is MUCH clearer. Did the SUV even try to brake before he hit the bike in front of him? Doesn't look like the bike actually put on brakes to stop short in front of the SUV, but was more or less looking at the SUV because he was tail gaiting.

I dunno now....he did run over 3 of them and at that point his vehicle was NOT visibly damaged. I can understand how one would floor it if windows had been broken but errrmmm...it is hard to see but it looks like most of the bikers stopped and were still on their bikes near the SUV....doesn't seem like most had gotten off their bikes and started attacking the SUV.

Biker: The SUV driver 'was a maniac' - YouTube

C'mon, Sonya, why did that biker stop right in front of him? I would have hit him too, not meaning to. As far as I'm concerned he asked for it, stopped on purpose, there was NO reason for him to stop, except looking for trouble.

C'mon, Sonya, why did that biker stop right in front of him? I would have hit him too, not meaning to. As far as I'm concerned he asked for it, stopped on purpose, there was NO reason for him to stop, except looking for trouble.

I don't know, the original video only catches the last few seconds before the SUV hits the first bike. Watch it again, it looks like the SUV is VERY close to the bike, right on his butt, and that is where we start seeing the video....hard to say how long he was doing that....at one point he is riding up along side the bike and squeezing him in the lane.....and the bike starts to slow down and looks back at the SUV driver.

If the SUV driver was tail gaiting the bike dangerously close (and it looks like he was) it is not at all unheard of for the one being tailgated to slow down slightly (in Georgia that happens a LOT on rural highways as a way of telling the guy behind you to "get off my tail now or I will go slower!").

Watch the beginning of the original video again....I think maybe there was a problem BEFORE the video clip showing the SUV hitting the bike. I can also say if I were on a highway around that many bikes I would be moving a good 5 or 10 miles slower than they were to let them pass me I would NOT tail gate any of them (they can hit the back of my vehicle but I wouldn't risk hitting them).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4tgN2glwd8

as a rider, who knows many other riders and rides with others in groups at times, MOO is that the biker shortstopped the SUV and the bikes surrounding the SUV were doing so in order to herd or control the movements of the driver. They did so in order to clear an open path ahead so that they would have room to commit illegal activity of performing stunts on a city street in traffic. That behavior is not okay in my book. It makes the person in the vehicle feel trapped and afraid. The driver has no way of knowing the intentions of the bikers. They simply know they are surrounded.

I think the driver panicked and tried to escape the surround. It think this was a tragic accident that was set in motion by the biker riders, whose intent was to control the SUV into doing what they wanted so they could engage in a dangerous and illegal activity.

Sorry, JMO.

From what I saw last night on a news show it said the bike cut the SUV off and if they slowed down at that point well sorry but you can't slow an SUV that fast. People that "brake check" should really consider the size of the vehicle behind them especially when on a bike.

The "2 million bikers to DC" tells me people are not afraid and have no reason to be afraid of law abiding citizens who enjoy riding their bikes. This incident is an exception - Not the rule. It was 20 or 30, for example, against 750,000 - 800,000 who did the right things.

I won't change my opinion. These clowns were in the wrong. PERIOD!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Absolutely! I don't ride but live 30 minutes from Daytona. My neighborhood is right off a prime highway for the bikers to ride. Trust me, I won't be afraid when I see them coming.

I have NEVER seen behavior like was demonstrated on the video. To me, their mode of transportation is irrelevant. Their behavior is what I find disgusting and scary.

I don't know, the original video only catches the last few seconds before the SUV hits the first bike. Watch it again, it looks like the SUV is VERY close to the bike, right on his butt

I may be wrong, but I saw the motorcycle illegally enter the SUV's lane and brake. :confused:

Sonya, you should watch the video again. Bikes surround the SUV and one of them gets in front of it and slows down. You can even see that biker looking back at the SUV as he gets in front of it. Let's get real here.

I don't know, the original video only catches the last few seconds before the SUV hits the first bike. Watch it again, it looks like the SUV is VERY close to the bike, right on his butt, and that is where we start seeing the video....hard to say how long he was doing that....at one point he is riding up along side the bike and squeezing him in the lane.....and the bike starts to slow down and looks back at the SUV driver.

If the SUV driver was tail gaiting the bike dangerously close (and it looks like he was) it is not at all unheard of for the one being tailgated to slow down slightly (in Georgia that happens a LOT on rural highways as a way of telling the guy behind you to "get off my tail now or I will go slower!").

Watch the beginning of the original video again....I think maybe there was a problem BEFORE the video clip showing the SUV hitting the bike. I can also say if I were on a highway around that many bikes I would be moving a good 5 or 10 miles slower than they were to let them pass me I would NOT tail gate any of them (they can hit the back of my vehicle but I wouldn't risk hitting them).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4tgN2glwd8

First the the SUV was NOT tail gaiting the bike, the bike swerved infront of the SUV and slammed on its break. Your version of events is 100% wrong. Contradicts everything the video and other witness saw that day.

This video with the biker witness is MUCH clearer. Did the SUV even try to brake before he hit the bike in front of him? Doesn't look like the bike actually put on brakes to stop short in front of the SUV, but was more or less looking at the SUV because he was tail gaiting.

I dunno now....he did run over 3 of them and at that point his vehicle was NOT visibly damaged. I can understand how one would floor it if windows had been broken but errrmmm...it is hard to see but it looks like most of the bikers stopped and were still on their bikes near the SUV....doesn't seem like most had gotten off their bikes and started attacking the SUV.

Biker: The SUV driver 'was a maniac' - YouTube

The SUV was not tailgaiting, you are 100% wrong. The Police and DA have all said the SUV was NOT tailgaiting.

as a rider, who knows many other riders and rides with others in groups at times, MOO is that the biker shortstopped the SUV and the bikes surrounding the SUV were doing so in order to herd or control the movements of the driver. They did so in order to clear an open path ahead so that they would have room to commit illegal activity of performing stunts on a city street in traffic. That behavior is not okay in my book. It makes the person in the vehicle feel trapped and afraid. The driver has no way of knowing the intentions of the bikers. They simply know they are surrounded.

I think the driver panicked and tried to escape the surround. It think this was a tragic accident that was set in motion by the biker riders, whose intent was to control the SUV into doing what they wanted so they could engage in a dangerous and illegal activity.

Sorry, JMO.

Yes the the police revived more than 200 911 calls because of this behavior that day. They were trapping cars on freeway onramps and not allowing them to enter. Forcing other drivers off the freeway, so they could do tricks on the freeway.

All of the bikers in that group really need to be arrested.

Motorcyclist charged in New York attack on SUV driver is released on bail

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The first motorcyclist to be charged for his alleged role in last Sunday's attack on an SUV driver who was chased for miles along a Manhattan highway by dozens of bikers was released on bail on Wednesday.

Christopher Cruz, 28, of New Jersey, was freed on $1,500 cash bail on Wednesday after being formally charged with unlawful imprisonment and reckless driving, authorities said.

A second biker who was arrested on Tuesday by New York police and charged in the attack went free on Wednesday, after Manhattan prosecutors declined to pursue a case against him.

Allen Edwards, 43, of the New York City borough of Queens, was charged on Tuesday with criminal mischief, menacing and reckless endangerment after he surrendered himself to the NYPD, authorities said.

On Wednesday, a top prosecutor in Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance's office called the charges against Edwards "premature," and said the D.A's office would not prosecute him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-newyork-motorcycle-20130930,0,6277795.story

And another thing I am simply amazed at. Police is getting hundreds of calls about these bikers. Yet not one police car is at sight.
What exactly are police doing here? Hiding?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back