GUILTY NY - Driver pulled from SUV, viciously beaten by bikers, Manhattan, 29 Sept 2013

"One cop was an undercover officer who told superiors he did not get involved or call 911 because he did not want to be exposed, the Daily News and the New York Post reported. Sources told the Post he was not investigating the bikers but waited until Wednesday night to reveal he witnessed bikers attack 33-year-old Alexian Lien in front of his wife and 2-year-old daughter."

Well now, this is not an acceptable excuse IMO as to why this undercover officer did NOT intervene.

Also in this article it lists another motorcycle club that the undercover police officer belongs to. A quick search for a website for this other motorcycle club has the following on it:

In no way shape or form, under any circumstances will this MC take part in any sort of criminal activity.

Seems like this other MC needs to learn the names of their members that was involved in this illegal activity that was set up and/or started by Hollywood Stuntz.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...over-nypd-cop-saw-bikers-beat-driver/2925717/

MOO

Wasn't the cop under cover?? What do you think would have happened to him if others in the group knew he was indeed undercover.

Why would the others need to know that he was a police officer at all? Does anyone really think that the only people that would intervene when a man is being beaten and his face slashed would be an officer? I suppose those two good men that stood with their arms out protecting Lien after he was pulled from his car and beaten, face slashed and left on the road bleeding HAD to be police officers then?!?!

MOO

ETA: Let's not forget that the undercover narcotics officer was not the only LE that was this group. There were at least 3 other off duty LE riding with this group and at least two of them witnessed the attack on Lien.

Wasn't the cop under cover?? What do you think would have happened to him if others in the group knew he was indeed undercover.

He wasn't on duty, or investing anyone int he group. He was with the group to commit crimes, he is a criminal, who happens to have a badge.

Why would the others need to know that he was a police officer at all? Does anyone really think that the only people that would intervene when a man is being beaten and his face slashed would be an officer? I suppose those two good men that stood with their arms out protecting Lien after he was pulled from his car and beaten, face slashed and left on the road bleeding HAD to be police officers then?!?!

MOO

ETA: Let's not forget that the undercover narcotics officer was not the only LE that was this group. There were at least 3 other off duty LE riding with this group and at least two of them witnessed the attack on Lien.

Lets not forget this group for hours before this was committing a string of crimes, crimes which these police officers participated in.

I have not seen this one posted yet. Sorry if I overlooked it. This article has several pictures that I had not seen yet also, such as the SUV after the bikers beat the hell out of it and Mr. Lien. After looking at the photos I see proof that yes, the bikers did in fact slash the tires as two of them are completely flat and one is completely missing. The back window was also bashed in/out. Also has a pic of Cruz in court with his lawyer.

And then there is this little gem:
"The police source said the detective wasn’t investigating anyone on the ride, but he thought he could pick up some tips about criminal activity.

“It was like cold calling,” said the source."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...per-manhattan-article-1.1476093#ixzz2gsZafE2G

"Cruz was the man who slowed down in front of the SUV initially, blocking its path on the Henry Hudson Parkway.

Cruz, 23, suffered back injuries and was charged with reckless endangerment, endangering the welfare of a child, and menacing."

So Cruz is claiming back injuries now. Boo freaking hoo. Perhaps he should not have pulled in front of the SUV and stopped short causing the SUV to bump his rear tire.

I also don't understand why Edwards has been allowed to go free when he clearly was banging his hands, fists and arms on the back window where the 2 year old child was. There is no way in hell Edwards was trying to get the other man to stop slamming his helmet into the drivers window as he has claimed before.

MOO

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/305...z-turn-themselves-in-after-bikers-attack-suv/

So why do you guys think Cruz slowed down. It looked like he actually pulled in the same lane and then turned his read looking backwards at the RAnge Roover and then slowed. It's like he meant for it to happen? Anyone else see it that way also? Why in the world else would he pull into a lane he knows a vehincle is in and then look behind him and slow down? Doesn't make any sense

So why do you guys think Cruz slowed down. It looked like he actually pulled in the same lane and then turned his read looking backwards at the RAnge Roover and then slowed. It's like he meant for it to happen? Anyone else see it that way also? Why in the world else would he pull into a lane he knows a vehincle is in and then look behind him and slow down? Doesn't make any sense

He was performing a brake check. lots of conjecture as to why, from just being a stupid shmuch to mess with them, or a deliberate attempt to cause a collision forcing him to stop(either to harass the stopped vehicle or to try and get money out of them)

He had to keep looking back to make sure he was lined up right and that the speed wouldn't be to much, if not the impact could make him loose balance and fall off, he knew EXACTLY what he was doing and how to do it "properly". That was NOT the first time hes done that.

ofcourse all MHO

The term "media *advertiser censored*" comes to mind. :rolleyes: Good luck with that Gloria. :rolleyes:

Hmmm... While I am shocked at seeing this, :eek: I can't help but wonder if this is in fact why they have never been caught or arrested. It would also explain why they have no fear. Ya know, the good 'ole boys club will protect their own. I hope a very thorough investigation is done. NYPD should be ashamed! :gavel:

Softail I had the same thought about why there wasn't much of a police response! This is getting more complex and infuriating every day.

So the Lien family called 911 four times in seven minutes, each call increasingly frantic. It makes my blood boil that they are being sued by the hospitalized rider (I don't even want to say his name) and (stealing your phrase softail ;) ) that media *advertiser censored* Gloria Allred. :banghead:

Link describing the Lien family's 911 calls.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/03/police-biker-sought-in-manhattan-motorcycle-melee/

"Allred refused to comment on the fact that Mieses hasn't had a valid driver's license or permit in the state of Massachusetts since 1999. She said it was irrelevant to the case because he wasn't on his motorcycle when he was run over by the SUV."

Right Gloria. The fact that this "great father" was driving without a valid driver's license has nothing to do with the fact that he was run over when the driver of the SUV tried to flee to protect himself and his family. Of course if this "great father" had been obeying the laws he wouldn't have been on the freeway in the first place now would he?!?! Of course his criminal history and the lack of a valid driver's license has a bearing on this case. Gloria must be tired of being a lawyer and this is her planned last case as I can't see to many people that are going to want to hire her after this.

"They are not gang members. They are not thugs," Mejia said. "They are FedEx drivers, plumbers, military reservists, musicians. They are fathers and brothers and sons, and sisters and mothers."

She also said Mieses didn't know any of the people he was riding with on Sunday aside from one friend who traveled to New York with him."

Ok, so which is it? Either her common law husband knew the people he was riding with or he didn't. Can't have it both ways here. And isn't it odd how she doesn't list drug dealer as one of the occupations seeing how her own man had been arrested and convicted of just that?

Sorry but this case ticks me off a lot. It irritates the crap out of me to see people try to excuse away the complete lack of respect this group of bikers have for other people. Not to mention the fact that this group of bikers broke numerous laws and recorded them breaking those laws for all to see.

MOO

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...maing-grid7|maing7|dl26|sec1_lnk3&pLid=387035

:clap: Excellent post.

I have not seen this one posted yet. Sorry if I overlooked it. This article has several pictures that I had not seen yet also, such as the SUV after the bikers beat the hell out of it and Mr. Lien. After looking at the photos I see proof that yes, the bikers did in fact slash the tires as two of them are completely flat and one is completely missing. The back window was also bashed in/out. Also has a pic of Cruz in court with his lawyer.

And then there is this little gem:
"The police source said the detective wasn’t investigating anyone on the ride, but he thought he could pick up some tips about criminal activity.

“It was like cold calling,” said the source."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...per-manhattan-article-1.1476093#ixzz2gsZafE2G

Blood pressure officially through the roof, someone call a medic for me. Those losers were attacking the Lien family from every side! I'm so angry it's difficult to even convey what I want to say. Anyone who claims they wouldn't have tried to drive away from that mob of rabid maniacs surrounding and attacking them are either family members of the attackers, don't know all the facts or have a death wish.

Edited to add: or Gloria Allred.

From what I've heard from other bikers interviewed on the news, they deliberately slow cars and attempt to stop traffic so that the other riders have a clear road to perform their illegal stunts. That's why they were attempting to take over all lanes of the highway.

From what I've heard from other bikers interviewed on the news, they deliberately slow cars and attempt to stop traffic so that the other riders have a clear road to perform their illegal stunts. That's why they were attempting to take over all lanes of the highway.

Wow. Then fault should be 100% on the driver stopping traffic IMO. He slowed down too quickly and have no hand signals. And he shouldn't be doing that in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

incase anyone is interested, there is a 17 second clip on youtube of the assault itself, although you do not see very much. It was uploaded on the first and somehow hasnt been noticed really with only about 70 views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXu8b7nXehQ

I have downloaded the file in case it gets taken down

Interesting that these other bikers say "they were attempting to take over all lanes of the highway" in order "that the other riders have a clear road to perform their illegal stunts" as though that was the bike gang's right.

Strangely, when I look at the video of these guys, they look like they are participating in the staging of an automobile accident. The Coalition Against Insurance Fraud calls this piece of choreography the Swoop and Squat. In their description, CAIF says "a suspect vehicle suddenly swoops in front of you and jams on the brakes, causing a rear-end collision." They go on to say that swoop driver, and passengers if any, "then make large collision and injury claims against your auto policy, for example." http://www.insurancefraud.org/scam-alerts-staged-crash.htm#.UlEGQ-DPbtU

DMV.org elaborates that, as the S&S is in progress, "another vehicle will simultaneously pull up alongside your car, preventing you from a preventive swerve." Among their many tips, DMV suggests taking photos of all involved vehicles from many angles, "capture on camera the license plate"--interesting that, as other posters have already noted, many bikes had NO license plates. http://www.dmv.org/insurance/how-to-handle-staged-car-accidents.php

Aol.autos posted a very informative article, with video, on Aug. 29, 2013. The video "shows some telltale signs that you might be the victim of a staged crash". The article states that "The National Insurance Crime Bureau said questionable claims were up 46%." The video says professional S&S drivers and their accomplices stage the crashes to make it look like the innocent driver was at fault, and they pick as their victims cars that look like the drivers would have insurance. The financial damage of these crashes is considerable. FBI statistics say staged accidents cost insurance companies about $20 billion per year. If that isn't bad enough, the article reveals that between 2007 and 2008 there were 71,452 fatalities as a result of automobile collisions. That is a frightening statistic, because if even just 2% of these crashes were the result of staged collisions, then 1,430 people died because of someone else's greed. http://autos.aol.com/article/car-insurance-staged-accidents/

Wikipedia also had some intriguing details. The article about Staged Crashes notes that in 2011, "a group of seven people in North and South Carolina were arrested for allegedly stealing over $100,000 through staged crash schemes." The article also notes that the swoop care "is usually driven by an experienced ring member" because being a swoop driver is dangerous, sometimes fatal. Staged crash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It appears to be dangerous not only for the swoop driver, but for the accomplices as well. IMO things can go wrong even in a choreographed routine. When you're playing games with vehicles, IMO, people can get badly hurt. My guess is that, to be better prepared, the swoop driver would have to get in some practice on the actual streets he planned to S&S on. Preferably with his/her cronies. JMO.

The video of the NY melee, and related witness statement and photographs which were released show some classic S&S techniques, including a swoop vehicle, accomplice vehicles and people preventing the targeted driver from using defensive driving techniques to protect himself, his family, and other drivers on the road. As well, images show outright intimidation of the SUV driver. (Just why did those nice friendly bikers begin slicing the SUV's tires BEFORE he saved his family by driving away?) Instead of the swoop driver being injured, it was one of his cohorts. And that's a tragedy.

This staged crash thing, IMO, is its own industry. I hope that LE on many levels will have covert operatives investigating people (even people like FedEx drivers, plumbers, military reservists, musicians, off duty cops and corrections officers) who become involved with practicing S&S patterns on public thoroughfares. I further hope that LE and law makers will take a hard look at agents provocateur, like the swoop drivers, and increase the penalties for their reckless disregard for human life. When a man brakes short in order to prevent injuries to another person, it's a far different situation than when a man brakes short in order to defraud insurance companies or to keep a highway completely clear so his friends can pretend to be Hollywood Stunt Drivers. Someone should explain in exquisite detail the safety precautions that are in place to protect the drivers and actors and crew when tv and movie stunts are filmed. Movies are not real life. In real life, when you set up a stunt without precautions, someone can be maimed. Someone could be killed. And there might be no financial support to cover the costs of treatment and subsequent rehabilitation, or to cover funeral expenses, or support surviving family members. Movies are expensive in part because of the insurance they have to carry. In real life, sometimes the people who get hurt have no insurance to cover their expenses. JMO, but someone who thinks it's cool to perform stunts without safety precautions, without permits, is responsible for the outcome of those stunts in every way--including financially. I don't know if there are laws on the books to force the swoop driver to accept the burden of paying the injured man's expenses for the rest of his life, but I hope there is some equivalent.

Once in a while there is a case that makes me foam at the mouth with rage - THIS is one of them.

Exactly!

There better be more charges brought. I won't be satisfied with anything less than attempted murder charges.

The fact that these thugs are plumbers, fedex drivers etc. is even more disturbing. Then to learn some were off-duty police officers totally sickens me.

Sims — whose rap sheet includes a 2002 bust for car theft, and gun possession, drug possession and samauri sword possession in 1998, according to sources — has admitted he’s been caught on camera, the prosecutor said.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/05/biker-beatdown-was-6-on-1-included-head-stomps/

Meanwhile, a source close to the case told The Post that the off-duty NYPD undercover detective who stood by Lien was attacked — and who only came forward Wednesday — is insisting that the violence broke with blinding speed, and that he believed blowing his cover could endanger his own life.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/0...d-motorcycle-group-reports/?intcmp=latestnews

The NYPD says Reginald Chance was charged with first-degree gang assault, first-degree assault and criminal mischief.

New York Police Department spokesman John McCarthy said a detective had been stripped of his gun and badge pending the outcome of an internal affairs investigation.

Further into the article it says that undercover persons are not suppose to step out of the roll and doing so is cause for termination. It's murky to say the least. jmo

Sims — whose rap sheet includes a 2002 bust for car theft, and gun possession, drug possession and samauri sword possession in 1998, according to sources — has admitted he’s been caught on camera, the prosecutor said.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/05/biker-beatdown-was-6-on-1-included-head-stomps/

Meanwhile, a source close to the case told The Post that the off-duty NYPD undercover detective who stood by Lien was attacked — and who only came forward Wednesday — is insisting that the violence broke with blinding speed, and that he believed blowing his cover could endanger his own life.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/0...d-motorcycle-group-reports/?intcmp=latestnews

The NYPD says Reginald Chance was charged with first-degree gang assault, first-degree assault and criminal mischief.

New York Police Department spokesman John McCarthy said a detective had been stripped of his gun and badge pending the outcome of an internal affairs investigation.

Further into the article it says that undercover persons are not suppose to step out of the roll and doing so is cause for termination. It's murky to say the least. jmo

What a load of crap. Being a decent human being and trying help would not have blown his cover. :snooty:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back