NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What reason would there be for someone to take a 13 year old special needs girl while the adoptive parents kept the checks meant for the child?

what reason did arial castro have?

grant it, there were not vile parents involved who gave those girls away and collected money.......but there are always vile people willing to make a deal.

ugh.

Just a little more feedback ... if Casey has ever said that Erica is disabled, I am NOT aware of it.
I just did that search & if I had found any statements of Casey saying that Erica was disabled,
I would have included those quotes for your judging ... but I found none ...
I only found disabled quotes attributed to reporters ... & the last quote about the hearing impaired
was actually an extract they took from the search warrant filled out by an unnamed LE investigator.

My previous search had only been done on media articles.
But after my last message to you, I went back & searched the interviews Casey did.
And I did find a mention by her of Erica having a disability. Here it is ...

http://www.acandyrose.com/2013-08-09-ParsonsMediaInterviewPt3.pdf
Casey PARSONS: Well, the lady up there said she had her - the next door neighbor was a teacher & a tutor & that she was getting her - she was getting tutored with her because Erica has a huge learning disability. She's very - she's - if you would say equivalent to grade levels, she's probably 3 levels behind. And, she went to public school here until it was - it would get embarrassing for her because all the groups that she was with - they actually wouldn't even call her at a grade level. She would have to go to another room by herself with other kids that was way younger than her. And it would get very embarrassing & she did not like that. So, we home schooled her. & Nan knew all about the home school. She knew about all of her little tests & workbooks & everything that we worked with & she said that there was a teacher next door that would help her with this. And that she would put her back into public school. Now, I don't know if she did that.

Who says the payments the Parsons were receiving on behalf of Erica were due to disability?

wasn't there a receipt or paperwork that was listed on the search warrant for Erica's disability?

I thought there was, but I could be wrong.

will try and confirm if someone doesn't before me.

ETA. other than that (if im even correct), I too have heard of zero evidence there were any disabilities except from casey....

CasP has claimed that Erica has a learning disability and that was the reason for pulling her out of school at around age 6 or 7 for homeschooling.

Some feel Erica may suffer the affects of Fetal Alchohol Syndrome based on her facial features and some similarities those indivuals see to other children with that issue, others feel she had some form of disability which caused her reported (by CasP) learning problems. I just do not think there is enough info on Erica to know if she does indeed suffer from a learning disability or any other at this point.

from the six part transcription of the extended video interview given by CasP and which is transcribed by AskforNina and is linked throughout this thread.

Casey: Well, the lady up there said she had her- the next door neighbor was a teacher and a tutor and that she was getting her- she was getting tutored with her because Erica has a huge learning disability. She's very- she's- if you would say equivalent to grade levels, she's probably three levels behind. And, she went to public school here until it was- it would get embarrassing for her because all the groups that she was with- they actually wouldn't even call her at a grade level. She would have to go to another room by herself with other kids that was way younger than her. And, it would get very embarrassing and she did not like that. So, we home schooled her. And, Nan knew all about the home school. She knew about all of her little tests and workbooks and everything that we worked with and she said that there was a teacher next door that would help her with this. And, that she would put her back into public school. Now, I don't know if she did that.

Presbyterian Hospital records ...

http://www.acandyrose.com/2013-08-09-ParsonsMediaInterviewPt3.pdf

I understand that medical records can be confidential, but surely it is relevant for LE to have access to a diagnosis for someone who accuses someone else of murder.

law enforcement can obtain medical records in certain circumstances...and IMO I believe this would be one of those circumstances, but that obviously would lie w/ the local judge who would decide that. I wonder if LE has even gone that route.

Law enforcement disclosure powers

Q: Can the police get my medical information without a warrant?

A: Yes. The HIPAA rules provide a wide variety of circumstances under which medical information can be disclosed for law enforcement-related purposes without explicitly requiring a warrant.[iii] These circumstances include (1) law enforcement requests for information to identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, witness, or missing person (2) instances where there has been a crime committed on the premises of the covered entity, and (3) in a medical emergency in connection with a crime.[iv]

In other words, law enforcement is entitled to your records simply by asserting that you are a suspect or the victim of a crime.
https://www.aclu.org/technology-and-liberty/faq-government-access-medical-records

Is there any confirmation that Jamie actually told LE his parents had buried Erica in the backyard? The media reports this as fact, but as far as I know, only Casey has said that's what Jamie reported. Not much of Casey has spoken has proven to be true.

And, Nan knew all about the home school. She knew about all of her little tests and workbooks and everything that we worked with and she said that there was a teacher next door that would help her with this. And, that she would put her back into public school. Now, I don't know if she did that

I remember the phone call in February where Erica called Casey a female dog and that she was not invited to her birthday. This is about 2 months over the original visit of 3 weeks in December. Was it ever confirmed that Erica was going to live an Nan's house for however long that she wanted to...like with Nan and Casey? I ask because I wonder when this home school conversation came about. She left around thanksgiving....she left around Christmas. She is described as many grade levels behind her age group and Nan thinks that her neighbor has what? Home school workbooks that Erica would be familiar? Are these workbooks one could get at wal mart...like math for 5-7 year olds or something that Erica could get credit for as a home school credit? I'm saying that the point of the visit is for Erica to bond with her grandmother. Now she is going to a neighbor for I assume at least a few hours...for what? Is the neighbor going to make some miraculous revelation of knowledge in just a few weeks? And even if she did, Erica is going back to Casey and learn a different book in a different method. I've worked with many a family that a home schooled their children. Generally, from everyone that I've met. 100% of the time. There was absolutely no lessons being taught from an adult. IF and I mean IF the child was even attempting to learn something on a specific school subject, it was done by individual effort. Most if not all the kids either watch TV all day and then after the internet, browsed random sites or YouTube videos. Home school is not something that seemed like it needed to be addressed by the description we here about Erica. Why it was talked about for a couple week stay during a lengthy school holiday makes me more suspicious. I might of forgotten that a conversation was said to have taken place by Nan and Casey at a point where Erica was going to live a long time with Nan. I just remember it that the phones got disconnected and that was it. And if Nan was so familiar with these home school books, why didn't she provide her services personally? Was she too busy? Seems like in this type of scenario, a mother would just ask Nan to maybe read a few pages of a kids book before bed. Reading seems like the main concern with a girl several grades behind when she is basically a 5th grader.

Hi there … apologies for butting in, but I have been following along most of the time, and I just wanted to add my thoughts.

Erica was 6 or 7 years old when in school – how does that make her 3 grades behind? Children enter school with all different levels of knowledge, and generally catch up as formal education progresses.

Erica was boy crazy – any chance she was being sexually abused at home, and learned to primarily relate to boys due to that?

Erica was learning disabled – I can only imagine why. ‘Say that word – no <slap>, say it again.’

IMO opinion, Erika was sold off to the highest bidder who probably wanted a young girl for horrible reasons – didn’t care if the parents continued to collect checks or not – just wanted a young girl.

Thank you for listening :australia:

"I remember that I saw her individually sometime. I remember her smile and how she brushed her bangs out of her eyes if she felt anxious," the staffer wrote to WBTV. "She would beam when praised and she was hesitant when she thought she might not know the answer to a question -- that's when she would brush her bangs away from her eyes and puff air out of her mouth. I recall how she tilted her head to one side and would smile and that she loved stickers."

"I guess I wanted to add those things that I remember because I find terribly sad that no one that knew Erica has named her favorite color or game or music group or TV show or place to go out to eat," she continued. "

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23394880/...taffer-recalls-school-year-with-erica-parsons

What kind of "parent" leaves her child in a McDonalds to meet another adult? And this grandparent would have been the adoptive father's mother right? So they expect us to believe that they didn't know she was dead for 5 years? I smell BS right off.

I'd be digging up that backyard if I were law enforcement, there have been significant changes in it. There are more holes in the adoptive parents story than there are in a fishing net!

Hi tlcya ... I am continuing from our last pleasant conversation, to exchange ideas with you :)

If you are referring to my very recent use of the word disability
& it offends you, I apologize as I meant no disrespect to you.

Again, I have no experience with the adoption system ... perhaps it is because of my old age,
that I am more familiar with the common parlance where "disability" is the old term,
that has since been replaced by the newer term "special needs".

The definition you shared, itself, uses the word disabilities ...

I really don't want to argue this point, because I personally do not think it is important ... as I previously stated, a missing child should be found regardless of the existence or lack of a medical status.

But continuing to exchange ideas in a pleasant manner ... just looking at the definition
you provided, by process of elimination, Erica met the criteria due to some kind of disability
because she did not fit into any of the other criteria, those being:

- she was not old
- she was not a person of colour
- she was not part of a sibling group

Carolyn was separated from her PARSONS husband when she got pregnant with Erica.
At 2 weeks old Erica & her 3 half siblings entered into the foster system.
ALL 3 of her half siblings were adopted, but Erica was not ...
so she was left alone in the foster system & was not part of a sibling group.
At 2 years old the PARSONS couple adopted her.

Again I don't really want to argue either side, but will share some existing
media quotes below for your own consideration of their worthiness ...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1308/22/ng.01.html
2013 Aug 22

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/frequently-asked-questions-erica-PARSONS-case/nZZs8/
2013 Aug 23

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-play-suspected-in-missing-girl-case/2813517/
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...a-lynn-parsons-missing-case-article-1.1456079
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/1...or-nc-girl-reported-missing-18-months-after/#
http://www.salisburypost.com/articl...akes-erica-parsons-x2019-story-national-again
On 2013 Sep 14 all 4 news outlets above reported this same quote below ...

BBM: I don't know when exactly the adoption process went through but I thought Erica had been with the Parsons since two weeks old?

What kind of "parent" leaves her child in a McDonalds to meet another adult? And this grandparent would have been the adoptive father's mother right? So they expect us to believe that they didn't know she was dead for 5 years? I smell BS right off.

I'd be digging up that backyard if I were law enforcement, there have been significant changes in it. There are more holes in the adoptive parents story than there are in a fishing net!

No, this was not SP's mother. It was the man who Carolyn had an affair with when she was still married to SP's brother. So, Erica has no biological connection to any of the Parsons.

CasP has claimed that Erica has a learning disability and that was the reason for pulling her out of school at around age 6 or 7 for homeschooling.

Some feel Erica may suffer the affects of Fetal Alchohol Syndrome based on her facial features and some similarities those indivuals see to other children with that issue, others feel she had some form of disability which caused her reported (by CasP) learning problems. I just do not think there is enough info on Erica to know if she does indeed suffer from a learning disability or any other at this point.

from the six part transcription of the extended video interview given by CasP and which is transcribed by AskforNina and is linked throughout this thread.

Casey: Well, the lady up there said she had her- the next door neighbor was a teacher and a tutor and that she was getting her- she was getting tutored with her because Erica has a huge learning disability. She's very- she's- if you would say equivalent to grade levels, she's probably three levels behind. And, she went to public school here until it was- it would get embarrassing for her because all the groups that she was with- they actually wouldn't even call her at a grade level. She would have to go to another room by herself with other kids that was way younger than her. And, it would get very embarrassing and she did not like that. So, we home schooled her. And, Nan knew all about the home school. She knew about all of her little tests and workbooks and everything that we worked with and she said that there was a teacher next door that would help her with this. And, that she would put her back into public school. Now, I don't know if she did that.

BBM: Yes, that was thrown about in the beginning of this case. I have to admit, I thought she may have had FAS too, just from facial features. But then I saw Carolyn. Erica looks exactly like Carolyn, has the same exact facial features. So, unless Carolyn also has FAS, I think it's just the way their faces are made up.

I remember the phone call in February where Erica called Casey a female dog and that she was not invited to her birthday. This is about 2 months over the original visit of 3 weeks in December. Was it ever confirmed that Erica was going to live an Nan's house for however long that she wanted to...like with Nan and Casey? I ask because I wonder when this home school conversation came about. She left around thanksgiving....she left around Christmas. She is described as many grade levels behind her age group and Nan thinks that her neighbor has what? Home school workbooks that Erica would be familiar? Are these workbooks one could get at wal mart...like math for 5-7 year olds or something that Erica could get credit for as a home school credit? I'm saying that the point of the visit is for Erica to bond with her grandmother. Now she is going to a neighbor for I assume at least a few hours...for what? Is the neighbor going to make some miraculous revelation of knowledge in just a few weeks? And even if she did, Erica is going back to Casey and learn a different book in a different method. I've worked with many a family that a home schooled their children. Generally, from everyone that I've met. 100% of the time. There was absolutely no lessons being taught from an adult. IF and I mean IF the child was even attempting to learn something on a specific school subject, it was done by individual effort. Most if not all the kids either watch TV all day and then after the internet, browsed random sites or YouTube videos. Home school is not something that seemed like it needed to be addressed by the description we here about Erica. Why it was talked about for a couple week stay during a lengthy school holiday makes me more suspicious. I might of forgotten that a conversation was said to have taken place by Nan and Casey at a point where Erica was going to live a long time with Nan. I just remember it that the phones got disconnected and that was it. And if Nan was so familiar with these home school books, why didn't she provide her services personally? Was she too busy? Seems like in this type of scenario, a mother would just ask Nan to maybe read a few pages of a kids book before bed. Reading seems like the main concern with a girl several grades behind when she is basically a 5th grader.

BBM: I took what Casey said differently than you are, I think. I don't think Nan knew all about these workbooks and school things, as in knowing about them before even meeting Casey. I think Casey was saying that she had told Nan what they do at home with Erica, so was saying Nan was aware of all they were teaching her at school.

BBM: I don't know when exactly the adoption process went through but I thought Erica had been with the Parsons since two weeks old?

Yes that is right ... I mentioned the 2 week mark ... below I bold an amended addition for you ...

Carolyn was separated from her PARSONS husband when she got pregnant with Erica.
At 2 weeks old Erica & her 3 half siblings entered into the foster system
being fostered by the PARSONS couple.
ALL 3 of her half siblings were adopted, but Erica was not ...
so she was left alone in the foster system & was not part of a sibling group.
At 2 years old the PARSONS couple adopted her.

ETA: I haven't actually researched the foster part ... but that was my understanding
... if someone knows of a correction, you are welcome to update.

I believe you are correct 2rose

Erica has been with the C and S Parsons since she was an infant but the adoption was finalized when she was approximately 2 years old.

which also causes me to wonder if there was any way that a set of foster parents could subtly interfere with anyone else deciding to adopt an infant or toddler in their care. Just some thoughts I am having on the whole CPS can determine if a child meets the criteria for special needs and the special assistance in the form of checks that child could then qualify for.

PURE SPECULATION on my part.

Why are we talking about 'Nan' like she exists and isn't a figment of Casey's imagination? :scared:

BBM: I took what Casey said differently than you are, I think. I don't think Nan knew all about these workbooks and school things, as in knowing about them before even meeting Casey. I think Casey was saying that she had told Nan what they do at home with Erica, so was saying Nan was aware of all they were teaching her at school.

I took it that way as well. Made zero sense to me why she would be filling the <modsnip> in on all that for short vacation like visits when there was no plan for Erica to stay permanently.

I took it that way as well. Made zero sense to me why she would be filling the <modsnip> in on all that for short vacation like visits when there was no plan for Erica to stay permanently.

I took it the same way as you two did.
I figure the schooling questions came up right after the Christmas holidays, when it was time to
start school again ... so that would have been in January 2012 & before Erica's February birthday.

I thought more when I read that nan knew all about the little tests and whatnot. For Casey to include that was like Nan has experience with teaching, not just that she was following a conversation. Still, Erica is still grades behind for whatever reason. It's not like she was being fast tracked towards getting her Phd. Let's not forget about Erica's detailed, multi comma messages to Carolyn too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288