CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this case from day one since i live 5-10 minutes away from castaic. I strongly believe he is alive and well, just dealing with some personal issues. I was just in castaic and decided to drive by the lake and check things out as I haven't been there since like 2003 when I used to go to the lake with my ex boyfriends family. IMO there was a reason he drove that far out of the way. It's a long drive from the freeway and a lot of uphill road. Also confusing to find your way around, even in daylight. It's not an area that one would just happen to stumble upon. There are also always police patrolling the area. When I was a teenager we were hanging out at one of the lookout points in the late evening and got approached by the police. I also saw a police car driving down the hill as I was driving uphill. Just a little insight on the area based on my opinions :)

It seems like if they are always patrolling they would have seen the overturned truck and Bryce wandering around. Budget cuts in Cali probably means less patrolling :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I absolutely believe he is alive and well. Maybe not well because if he was well he wouldn't do this to his mom. But, my theory is and mind you its just a theory. He had a mental break down. His erratic behavior makes absolutely no sense. I can recall a time last fall he was so down on himself because he got a 92% on his math test. I told him that day he came back from class with his black Jansport backpack on his back that I would be soooo happy if my daughter got a 72% on a test. It only makes sense if reading SD's messages that he had plans Otherwise, I never saw him as being a depressed person. No way do I believe that he's in that lake. He scent was traced out of the park, correct? Bryce is out there. Maybe at this point he's embarrassed. Maybe he just is going through something in his life but deep down even my daughter has said from day 1 he wouldn't put his family through something this horrific if something wasn't terribly wrong with him in the first place. Am I allowed to say this stuff? I look at everything and everyone while driving around hoping to spot him. The hitchhikers on the side of I-5 yesterday caught my attention. I did a double take just to make sure Ging wasn't one of them. I can't even imagine what his mom is going through. I'm not a strong person at all. I don't think I could even function had it been my child.

I have been following this case from day one since i live 5-10 minutes away from castaic. I strongly believe he is alive and well, just dealing with some personal issues. I was just in castaic and decided to drive by the lake and check things out as I haven't been there since like 2003 when I used to go to the lake with my ex boyfriends family. IMO there was a reason he drove that far out of the way. It's a long drive from the freeway and a lot of uphill road. Also confusing to find your way around, even in daylight. It's not an area that one would just happen to stumble upon. There are also always police patrolling the area. When I was a teenager we were hanging out at one of the lookout points in the late evening and got approached by the police. I also saw a police car driving down the hill as I was driving uphill. Just a little insight on the area based on my opinions :)

Here is something I found, which gives a us a little clue of the lake's floor:

" . . uses another little known jigfishing technique that is surprisingly effective when bites are hard to come by. Folkestad lives in southern California, and he fishes on Castaic Lake, which is one of the best big bass lakes in the country. Folkestad catches many of his big fish on a jig-and-pig, and he uses a technique that's out-of-the-ordinary, to say the least. He's sure it will work anywhere the bass swim."

""As the jig drags along, it kicks up mud and bumps into rocks and other objects. I'm sure the bass think it's a crawfish. Whatever, they take it with no hesitation, and again, it's easier to tell when you're getting a bite. I'd recommend that other fishermen try this when bass are inactive and not responding to faster presentations."

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...mode=article&objectID=33869&catID=&subcatID=0

I absolutely believe he is alive and well. Maybe not well because if he was well he wouldn't do this to his mom. But, my theory is and mind you its just a theory. He had a mental break down. His erratic behavior makes absolutely no sense. I can recall a time last fall he was so down on himself because he got a 92% on his math test. I told him that day he came back from class with his black Jansport backpack on his back that I would be soooo happy if my daughter got a 72% on a test. It only makes sense if reading SD's messages that he had plans Otherwise, I never saw him as being a depressed person. No way do I believe that he's in that lake. He scent was traced out of the park, correct? Bryce is out there. Maybe at this point he's embarrassed. Maybe he just is going through something in his life but deep down even my daughter has said from day 1 he wouldn't put his family through something this horrific if something wasn't terribly wrong with him in the first place. Am I allowed to say this stuff? I look at everything and everyone while driving around hoping to spot him. The hitchhikers on the side of I-5 yesterday caught my attention. I did a double take just to make sure Ging wasn't one of them. I can't even imagine what his mom is going through. I'm not a strong person at all. I don't think I could even function had it been my child.

Did he ever mention having problems sleeping? I knew a couple of people who have suffered breakdowns. Prior to their breakdowns, they complained of not being able to sleep. They tried, but couldn't fall asleep. They went days without sleep before they had their breakdowns.

JMO I just can't quite get a grasp on where he be actually be for two months, if alive. No money, as far as we know, no experience at all of "roughing it" or fending for himself. JMO

I also wonder what his swimming skills were?

All 3 of us in the family were competitive swimmers and I can definitely see if something similar happened to one of us, that my parents wouldn't believe we were in the lake for a second. While yes anything can happen, in a lake its hard to believe a competitive swimmer drowned you know? Just a thought.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I also don't think he is at the bottom of the lake, nor in the Castaic area, nor wandering around not knowing who he is, roughing it in a homeless shelter, or in the wilds.
I think they need to go way back to summer break. What was he doing while he was at home? Did he stay at home day and night? Who did he meet while he was there?
He broke up with his girlfriend twice, not just once but twice, IMO he knew what he was doing and meant it.
He did not tell his mom he was headed home, he said he was going to chill with friends, not a friend, friends, he must of had more than just one in that area. Kids that age can be very loyal to each other especially if the don't even know the parents, they would only have Bryce's story, if there is one.
When his mom had his phone pinged in Buttonwillow at 9:00 and talked to him, where in the heck did he go until 2:00 AM that's 5 hours, its only 1 1/2 hours drive from Buttonwillow to where he was found. Why in the heck didn't he just pull off the freeway in Castaic to sleep, why in the heck end up where he did?
The blood hounds tracked him out of the park, I don't think he was beamed up somewhere to make his scent stop where it did and I bet LE doesn't think so either.
I really think Bryce made it to those friends and will contact his mom when he is ready, no telling how long that will take.
All of this is my opinion only.

Welcome to Websleuths, 143MRL!

I agree caron. If he's not in the lake, which I doubt, he is likely far from the area JMO. I don't believe he's roughing it by living off the land or in homeless groups either. I still feel there is someone else in the mix who has helped him out. He may feel he has let things go on so long now that there is no redemption left for him and his family. This saddens me the most.... He is probably not well in mind and spirit. My heart breaks for his family and what they are going through.

Of course this in MOO :banghead:

So going back- the tag was caught around 2:09 & then at 4:20 ish, IIRC, and then we know the incedent was reported app 5:30 a.m.

So what was Bryce doing during that almost 2 hour window?
Did he drive by the camera , make a quick turn around and go back out & elsewhere before coming back?
Or did he stay on that side of the camera and come out & turn right around and go right back by at the second time.
Or some combination of?

the < 2 hour time frame
fwiw after passing camera the first time, it would have only taken him about 1 hour & a half, 56 miles, to go out to Lake Hughes, down to San Francisquito Canyon Rd,cut over back to 5 and back up to Castaic Lake, then passing camera again...I didn't think there was time, so I mapped it, but there could have been
Could he have done this, made a big circle, basically just kept turning right , and wound right back up at Upper Lake?

So going back- the tag was caught around 2:09 & then at 4:20 ish, IIRC, and then we know the incedent was reported app 5:30 a.m.

Did he drive by the camera , make a quick turn around and go back out & elsewhere before coming back?
Or did he stay on that side of the camera and come out & turn right around and go right back by at the second time.
Or some combination of?

There are many timeframes (also Buttonwillow) that no one can account for and a million of theories we can only guess at right now. BL's trip into the unknown appears to have started way before he left NoCal and I truly believe he confided in someone what his plan was at the time. The 2 hour window at Castaic could have been just a wait period for whoever he was waiting on? IMO the accident was just that...an accident.

This is MOO and I give my utmost respect to the family and VI here and of course those of you who are working closer to the events and family. :moo:

I truly want the same outcome as you...BRING BL HOME SAFE!

IMO, assuming Bryce is alive and either with friends or taking a walkabout (You'd be amazed how many young men feel the need to get out on their own and prove themselves to themselves-and you don't have to live among the homeless to do so), he will not be able to come home until all this dies down. How can he? If he just appears he's not a very nice person (putting it politely) in most people's eyes because he left his parents/friends hanging without explanation. People will judge him as being a terrible person for doing this. LE might try to charge his parents for the searches. (It's been done before) Why would anyone come back to that?

Having recently witnessed my own son doing his danged best trying to get assignments done (he is dyslexic and severely dysgraphic) yet having a teacher refuse to work with him because she was "busy" for three weeks, and seeing the resulting anger, depression and frustration in my son (how many kids you know that want to do their work and are thwarted by their teachers?), I can easily see how a young man could end up thinking he needs to walk away from everything because life isn't going the way he envisions it should be, and if he stays where he is, nothing will change. And once having done so, and assuming he forgot to take into account how it would affect those he left behind, have absolutely no idea how to fix the massive oversight on his part.

IMOO, the best thing the parents can do is make sure Bryce knows he could let them (or someone else) know he is OK, and they would keep it quiet until the furor dies down.

Of course I don't discount brain injury either, which leads to a host of other possibilities.

MOO, your mileage may vary.

Or some combination of?

He could have covered a lot of ground in that 2+ hour period. He could have turned around and driven pretty much anywhere in Los Angeles County and then gone back to Castaic in that window of time. The phone pings will help the family by giving them a general area in which he was during that time frame.

oh yea the elusive pings ...from that particular 2 hour time frame...sure might help

sometimes I think it odd no LE saw him (possibly) driving around that night
End of the month , you'd think they would be gunning for a dui or two or something to hit quotas. What time do the bars close there? Does the city patrol Lakes Hughes Rd.? Or county ? Park?

IMO, assuming Bryce is alive and either with friends or taking a walkabout (You'd be amazed how many young men feel the need to get out on their own and prove themselves to themselves-and you don't have to live among the homeless to do so), he will not be able to come home until all this dies down. How can he? If he just appears he's not a very nice person (putting it politely) in most people's eyes because he left his parents/friends hanging without explanation. People will judge him as being a terrible person for doing this. LE might try to charge his parents for the searches. (It's been done before) Why would anyone come back to that?

Having recently witnessed my own son doing his danged best trying to get assignments done (he is dyslexic and severely dysgraphic) yet having a teacher refuse to work with him because she was "busy" for three weeks, and seeing the resulting anger, depression and frustration in my son (how many kids you know that want to do their work and are thwarted by their teachers?), I can easily see how a young man could end up thinking he needs to walk away from everything because life isn't going the way he envisions it should be, and if he stays where he is, nothing will change. And once having done so, and assuming he forgot to take into account how it would affect those he left behind, have absolutely no idea how to fix the massive oversight on his part.

IMOO, the best thing the parents can do is make sure Bryce knows he could let them (or someone else) know he is OK, and they would keep it quiet until the furor dies down.

Of course I don't discount brain injury either, which leads to a host of other possibilities.

MOO, your mileage may vary.

IMO there really isn't much "furor". Seems like the family is the only source of activity right now and the media, if any, just reporting on the search. It is not like his face is on TV every night across the country. Other than locally, his case seems to be pretty quiet. JMO
If he is out there and okay, he needs to come forward and say so. He is an adult, legally, not a child. Very seldom does LE charge people for searching, especially in a case like this one, with a car wreck.

I think Bryce was under a lot of stress and just checked out, went off the grid, changed his life because the one he was living wasn't working for him.

I do not believe he's in the lake, I do not think he's anywhere near Castaic or Buttonwillow now. I think the scent that lead out of the area was leading to his ride out of there. All that unaccounted for time in Buttonwillow and Castaic could have been "wait time." Waiting for a friend of his to get there. Maybe he didn't intend to crash the vehicle, just hide it there and he accidently sent it over the cliff. So he just left it there and proceeded with the plan that was already in the works.

People keep looking for logic and what makes sense, but if he had a mental break, all that goes out the window. If he was not himself, not thinking rationally, all bets are off, nothing has to make sense. To me, there seem to be too many other things that happened prior to him crashing the SUV and disappearing. Bryce is in crisis. Therefore I don't think he has the capacity to think about what he's doing to anyone, let alone his loving parents. That's what a mental break is, not being able to comprehend reality. IMO, MOO.

Good news!! Cat gave me permission to tell what happened in first person at BW. I can't right now because I'm on the run but I will tonight for sure. I know a few of you had asked so I'm glad I can share it here!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member