CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news!! Cat gave me permission to tell what happened in first person at BW. I can't right now because I'm on the run but I will tonight for sure. I know a few of you had asked so I'm glad I can share it here!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Great Amanda! I didn't want to intrude and ask you but I was hoping you could share what you learned in BW.

Cat, thank you so much for allowing Amanda to share with us what she learned. You and the mods are rock stars!!!

Good news!! Cat gave me permission to tell what happened in first person at BW. I can't right now because I'm on the run but I will tonight for sure. I know a few of you had asked so I'm glad I can share it here!

Yeah Amanda and thank you Cat! Hoping you can fill in at least a couple questions Amanda and thanks again for making the trip!!!!:loveyou:

Well??? I'm sure you have a lot of eager people wondering what it could be and you left us all hanging. ;)

I also don't think he is at the bottom of the lake, nor in the Castaic area, nor wandering around not knowing who he is, roughing it in a homeless shelter, or in the wilds.
I think they need to go way back to summer break. What was he doing while he was at home? Did he stay at home day and night? Who did he meet while he was there?
He broke up with his girlfriend twice, not just once but twice, IMO he knew what he was doing and meant it.
He did not tell his mom he was headed home, he said he was going to chill with friends, not a friend, friends, he must of had more than just one in that area. Kids that age can be very loyal to each other especially if the don't even know the parents, they would only have Bryce's story, if there is one.
When his mom had his phone pinged in Buttonwillow at 9:00 and talked to him, where in the heck did he go until 2:00 AM that's 5 hours, its only 1 1/2 hours drive from Buttonwillow to where he was found. Why in the heck didn't he just pull off the freeway in Castaic to sleep, why in the heck end up where he did?
The blood hounds tracked him out of the park, I don't think he was beamed up somewhere to make his scent stop where it did and I bet LE doesn't think so either.
I really think Bryce made it to those friends and will contact his mom when he is ready, no telling how long that will take.
All of this is my opinion only.

This post, this post provoked a thought. I'm hoping that nobody gets mad at me for theorizing the following idea but, remember the school project video that Bryce made with his family and a friend? The exact details escape me but the title was "Family Secrets". The subject dealt with the older boy discovering his birth mother wasn't his mother as he'd always assumed or something close to that. Also something about having a hidden half sister. Could there be any truth to the story?
Please understand that I believe that the mother who raises you is your mother so I'm not at all suggesting an adoptive mother isn't THE mother. But, imagine if you are a kid who didn't know until you grew up that you'd been adopted. The information would come as a shock and be sort of a head trip imo.
If there's any possibility the skit applies to Bryce's life, could he be resentful and/or angry?
Where did the idea for the skit come from?

This post, this post provoked a thought. I'm hoping that nobody gets mad at me for theorizing the following idea but, remember the school project video that Bryce made with his family and a friend? The exact details escape me but the title was "Family Secrets". The subject dealt with the older boy discovering his birth mother wasn't his mother as he'd always assumed or something close to that. Also something about having a hidden half sister. Could there be any truth to the story?
Please understand that I believe that the mother who raises you is your mother so I'm not at all suggesting an adoptive mother isn't THE mother. But, imagine if you are a kid who didn't know until you grew up that you'd been adopted. The information would come as a shock and be sort of a head trip imo.
If there's any possibility the skit applies to Bryce's life, could he be resentful and/or angry?
Where did the idea for the skit come from?

I agree with half your post I don't think he's roughing it or confused. To me he's either close to where the accident was or he's at a friends place. The fact he went back to the same place twice tells me he was meeting someone there. That "road" is not a place someone from outside the area would know about unless they knew the area or fished/camped. There is no reason to stop there. I can tell you all this. My dad and I went there and cachuma lake. We stopped going to castaic in the 90's Bc biker gangs were all over castaic lake and it stopped being safe. Our camping gear was taken and I remember sometime very early in the morning my dad getting in to it with the bikers because they were blasting music and drinking/doing drugs. I don't know if the place cleaned up but it was bad back then.

http://sheriff.lacounty.gov/wps/por...low+vehicle+found+near+castaic+lake++lasd+scv

I have to sign off now - didn't quite finish catching up with the thread.
I saved this link earlier about the lake searches that were done.

A few quotes from the Sheriff's statement ~

". . . at 11:30 AM, Friday, Sheriff's Parks patrol deputies coordinated an extensive search of Castaic Lake, . . ."

"scent K-9 dogs"

". . . Lifeguard diver equipment with an LASP underwater camera to conduct and underwater exploration operation."

(The above pertains to Friday. - see link) Then,

On Tuesday, September 3, . . . "A special sheriff's dive team from the
LASP Special Enforcement Bureau - Emergency Services Detail (http://www.SEB.lasd.org) and
a dive team from Sheriff's Park Bureau are conducting an underwater search of Castaic Lake."

Scent K-9 dogs and helicopters are being used/continue to search the area.

More info at link above.

I agree with half your post I don't think he's roughing it or confused. To me he's either close to where the accident was or he's at a friends place. The fact he went back to the same place twice tells me he was meeting someone there. That "road" is not a place someone from outside the area would know about unless they knew the area or fished/camped. There is no reason to stop there. I can tell you all this. My dad and I went there and cachuma lake. We stopped going to castaic in the 90's Bc biker gangs were all over castaic lake and it stopped being safe. Our camping gear was taken and I remember sometime very early in the morning my dad getting in to it with the bikers because they were blasting music and drinking/doing drugs. I don't know if the place cleaned up but it was bad back then.

Please understand though that I don't think the 'story' I posted is what actually happened necessarily,
I just posted it as one theory for something the could have been troubling Bryce (if there was anything troubling him).
Like many others, I'm at a loss as to what truly was going on in Bryce's life at the time he disappeared.
It seems something was amiss though jimo. This, based on evidence as per circumstances of his previous 48 hours or so.

Oh, and to your post, yes I believe he could have run into foul play possibly after the 2:00 a.m.ish video of his license plate but before the 4:20 video capturing his license plate. That's another possible theory too.

I don't know...it seems like he did intend to go someplace near home, if not home. Wasn't his GPS programmed to there, or something like that? And if he knew someone well enough to presumably hide and support him for months, it seems more likely that would someone near home.

I can see a female taking in and shielding a young man, more so than another guy, to be honest. And that could explain the breaking up with girlfriend.

I am not sure what my theory is, but if he is with someone, my guess would be a woman.

Re BBM
So many examples of people finally being found relatively close to where they were last seen.

That to me, is why I believe the focus could be in the general area of the vehicle. I totally agree the entire lake search would not be very feasable., but concentrating on the vehicle area and a certain radius out from there would be the recommended approach.

I am also a big believer in using dogs and I realize the dog searches were done with mixed results. The first d og search ended right at the water directly near the car, which is where I would mainly focus there.

They did do another bloodhound search and that seemed to show he may have walked along the waters edge and stopped on the dam, so IMO, that could be a 2nd place to try. The dog search link that someone kindly provided a few posts back indicated they thought he may have "backtracked" where he stopped on the dam. But he could have also entered the water there instead of backtracking. I dont necessarily agree that he backtracked as that may have been where he then went down to the water there. When walking on a dam, there is this weird "pull" or desire to go down to the water, so that could be a 2nd spot to try to search.

I am thankful that a lot of people have different ideas and opinions, as that is what makes WS so great. Everyone's ideas and opinions are important because he has to be found at some point. I sure hope he can be found soon. It has been way too long.

Except technically, no one saw him in Castaic at all.

Of course the dogs did track his scent there, but what they tracked showed he walked away from his vehicle, around the lake edge, across the dam and then away from the lake altogether, back down toward suburban Castaic and back near the 5 fwy.

To me, that indicates (unless he retraced his steps backwards back the exact way he left his vehicle, with no deviation from that path, or unless there was error with the dogs who tracked his scent), he got in a vehicle around where his scent disappeared, near the freeway.

It seems like if they are always patrolling they would have seen the overturned truck and Bryce wandering around. Budget cuts in Cali probably means less patrolling :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was just looking at a map. Bryce's scent path away from Castaic was neither on Lake Hughes Road, nor any main road in the area. He walked in areas where there weren't many roadways, until he approached his last spot. So he truly could have avoided patrolling police, easily.

And since his car was down an embankment, off a main road but it may have been hard to see from
a car driving on Lake Hughes Road.

In other news, I have submitted the video to the family for approval. There are some audio issues near the end but my biggest complaint is the length - 5 minutes. More than twice the length I wanted. I think that's a problem when it comes to holding the attention of 18 to 25 year olds, who were my target for the video. But it's hard to cut it down once you get everything together and edited!

And some of you might get annoyed that, despite the length, I didn't add too much detail. But I didn't want to overload people. I just wanted to get Bryce out there and known by more people. I hope the video helps with that. If it doesn't require much editing, hopefully we can link it soon.

I am new to this case and trying to get through all the posts already made! I hope it doesn't offend anyone but from what I've read I definitely lean more towards suicide. I know that doesn't offer anything new in the search except I believe he is in the surrounding area from where the car was found. I also know it has been discussed a lot already but I can just say I have to agree with those who think it might be suicide and I do believe the crash was supposed to be fatal, but since it obviously wasn't he got out of the car and sadly found another way out of whatever problems he felt he was having.

I know it doesn't prove that I am right but nothing I have read so far makes me believe it wasn't suicide. Obviously he wasn't feeling too good when he left. By saying he was going to sleep in his car, he made sure nobody would be looking for him until later the next day.

Whatever the case it is great to see that there are still search efforts and I really hope he will be located soon and of course that he is okay!! I have to agree that the lakes in the area should be searched thoroughly. If nothing else, at least it could rule out a few places.

We stayed overnight so I was able to question people both during the day and at night.*No businesses were claiming to see Bryce ever (sadly think too much time has passed) however a few homeless people are pretty sure they did see him.*None of them knew a particular date or whether or not it was before or after labor day. However 2 of these individuals are sure they saw him on multiple occasions. Stated that he was wearing a undershirt without sleeves (whitebeater?) And shorts and get this with red sneakers! *I asked about the tattoo but did not tell them about his shoes so it seems promising that it was in fact him. By the way the two people were both no where near each other when I spoke to them.

One of them claims they saw him sitting on a parking brick and was speaking with another man who he appeared friendly with. I asked if the person appeared to be a service worker or tow truck personnel and they said it no, that it was someone around Bryce's age with also a fair complexion but with darker short hair.

I know this doesn't help us much but I think BW needs to be looked into much further. *I didn't have time to do residential or the speedway. *I tried the speedway Sunday morning but no one was there yet. *If he had been to BW multiple times even if it was before the sighting it could be that he knew someone there. I think finding the who is pretty important. *

Christian was not available either day and the family was very hostile toward any questions so I let that go. Unfortunately I feel like any info he could have given was tarnished by the girls interrogating him as being guilty of foul play. I wish I could have heard his story!

Also, the GPS landed me near a hotel like maybe 100 feet away so take what you will from that!

Oh and sorry it took so long I was out for my birthday :)). I also wanted to make sure I had my notes present because I know I forgot things when I was telling dragz last time and wanted it to be accurate.

Who is Christian? What girls? I missed this . For your mission, the passage of time is not your friend . You did great .

It appears Bryce was waiting. If not for something connected with drugs, could he have been waiting for someone(s) he knew to finish something. Like harvesting cherries ( not sure what crops in the West are at that stage ) to travel to the Midwest where the harvest is late this year for corn and beans and the farmers are working like crazy to get the crop out of the fields and to get winter wheat planted. Lots of pick up labor used during this time. Mind clearing work . Way to make cash money . (I know the harvest situation in areas of the Midwest for a fact). I think the idea was to park the car where it would eventually be found but not quickly like the Daryn Collie case . ) A boat ramp parking lot
wouldn't arouse suspicion for a while . Why he didn't want to tell his folks , no clue . Why not take his wallet, no clue .

Happy belated Birthday Amanda!

And thanks so much for going to buttonwillow and letting us know what you found!

Some of the things I've read the last couple of pages make sense to me and give me even more hope that Bryce is alive.

Who is Christian? What girls? I missed this . For your mission, the passage of time is not your friend . You did great .

Christian is the auto service guy that brought Bryce gas when he ran out in Buttonwillow.

What if the time spent hanging around in Buttonwillow was to buy a fake ID and to wait for it to be created and delivered ? Trying to think of scenarios that don't involve drugs.
Sadly, known fact to me due to a loved one, drug users/dealers spend hours and hours of time waiting around for various reasons. Hoping this was not the case with Bryce.

Except technically, no one saw him in Castaic at all.

Of course the dogs did track his scent there, but what they tracked showed he walked away from his vehicle, around the lake edge, across the dam and then away from the lake altogether, back down toward suburban Castaic and back near the 5 fwy.

To me, that indicates (unless he retraced his steps backwards back the exact way he left his vehicle, with no deviation from that path, or unless there was error with the dogs who tracked his scent), he got in a vehicle around where his scent disappeared, near the freeway.

I was just looking at a map. Bryce's scent path away from Castaic was neither on Lake Hughes Road, nor any main road in the area. He walked in areas where there weren't many roadways, until he approached his last spot. So he truly could have avoided patrolling police, easily.

And since his car was down an embankment, off a main road but it may have been hard to see from
a car driving on Lake Hughes Road.

Thanks for replying. I think we need to be careful with how we interpret what little information we receive. I never saw in the link where he continued past the point across the dam where he stopped. Rather, there was even another search that seemed to think he left the area, so IMO, those 3rd "hits" could have started from some other point? Here is the link someone shared below. If we read it carefully, it seems there are 3 separate searches.
1-The SAR dogs have him going from car directly to water edge.
2-The bloodhounds have him going along water edge across dam and stopping. (Tuesday search)
3-Another separate search has him starting from somewhere ? and possibly leaving the lake area. Maybe it was starting right where the other one ended, but not certain ?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

IMO, dog searches are a tool and it is not perfect science, so I would use all 3 spots as its possible what happened. Which is why I keep the Dam area where he stopped and the car area as 2 spots I would continue to keep on my list of search areas. At least till we find him.

It would be nice if we had a formal summary report of the results of the dog searching. Like a really detailed report explaining exactly how the searches were performed and exactly what the dogs indicated during each dog search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member