Grand Jury True Bills John & Patsy Discussion thread

OK I am going to go ahead and say this, at the risk of being tarred and feathered.

I realize John and Patsy are still horrid people. They apparently allowed their daughter to be abused. They covered up a horrible crime and in the process they ruined careers of perfectly fine people, threw virtually everyone they knew under the bus and lied and lied and lied. They went on to profit by writing books about this horrible tragedy.

So, I am certainly not changing my overall opinion of them. But, I just have to say, they are slightly, very, very slightly, but it's there, more sympathetic to me than they were yesterday.

They were covering for their only only surviving child. Not for each other. It was still wrong, but parents are generally far from objective when it comes to their children.

Again, I am not saying I like them, or support them. Just that maybe I get the cover up a little more than I did yesterday.

Bring on the villagers and their flames.

Much ado about nothing.

I can't speak for everyone who followed this case, but I always thought that John and Patsy covered for one another, and both parents covered for Burke. :moo:

BBM:

:seeya: Jumping off your post here, if you don't mind :

At that time, Burke was 9 years old -- a MINOR ... So IF it was Burke, then why didn't John call one of his attorneys to find out what the law was with respect to minors ?

So IMO, it could have been only : (1) an accident - or - (2) intentional.

So, IF it was an "accident," then why didn't the R's call 9-1-1 and say that it was an "accident" ? Accidents DO happen, right ?

But as to "intentional," well, that's another story ...

:banghead: And after all this hoopla about the GJ documents, we basically know nothing ... nada ... zip !

:twocents: No doubt, John is still being protected ...

:please: for JonBenet !

greedy me wanted all 18 pages ;)

:seeya: And greedy me :facepalm: would like to see it all : Everything !

:floorlaugh:

Oh, and I do NOT think you are being greedy at all ...

It's high time for Justice for JonBenet !!!

AnaTeresa;9926327
Very curious how BR is feeling today

I'd have to guess horrified? humiliated? Angry because Daddy did not fix this and I serously don't think, no matter how hard Daddy and his lawyers try, they are going to be able to.

He may not be able to be charged but all of his friends are going to be able to put two and two together.

Imagine the girl taking him home to meed the folkis? Oh yeah, that would be a big hit.

I just hope he doesn't react with violence. You never know.

I have thought for some time now that BR was responsible. I do think he was molesting his little sister and I did think he bashed her head in an angry rage. I don't believe that anymore after release of the indictment. I can't help but think BR planned to kill her that night in hopes of finally getting rid of her and winning the love and attention of his mother back, all to himself, in some twisted way. One thing is for certain BR is a much more sinister figure in my minds eye now... very, very sick boy/man.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the Grand Jury believed BR (or whoever was the initial perpetrator) committed FIRST DEGREE murder -- that this was not an accident, this was planned, intentional, premeditated. That is a whopper to digest. And, then they believe that John and Patsy intentionally -- and with knowledge of the crime committed -- covered up a first degree murder of their daughter together. This is truly mind-blowing. What would lead them to believe it was premeditated?!

I always believed that this was the case, Burke killed his sister and they knew beforehand that he posed a danger to her, in addition to that they covered for him.

It's been a loooooong time since I've here...any old timers around who remember me from 1996-2000 era? Kidlet is all grown up and in college now. My thoughts on today's news:

The indictment is pretty clear - it accuses BOTH parents of covering up for someone else. It says: "...each parent "did render assistance to a person" with the intent to prevent their arrest or prosecution, knowing they had "committed and was suspected of the crime of murder in the first degree and child abuse resulting in death...". So, either they covered up for each other, or they covered up for their son, who was the only other person in the house.

It also says that each parent "did unlawfully, knowingly, recklessly and feloniously permit a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat of injury to the child's life or health, which resulted in the death of JonBenet Ramsey." So again, either they each placed her in danger of the other parent, or the "danger" was their son, because he was the only other one in the house.

Not all of the report was released. The judge held something back. I have a good guess as to what that was about.
Hi, G2. :seeya: Been a long time. I remember you from the old Joshua-7 and JusticeWatch days. It's good to see you're still around.

dog.gone.cute;9926340
:
And after all this hoopla about the GJ documents, we basically know nothing ... nada ... zip !
:

Ya Think? Because I feel like the light just went on. Sometimes the smplest answer is the right one. It never made sense that the parents covered for each other. Covering for their only remaining chld? Makes total sense to me.

Kolar was the one that had it right.

Wow. Right now, JonBenet is the top story on CNN.com.

This is the headline:

Grand jury conclusion proved wrong by DNA

A grand jury voted in 1999 to indict the parents of JonBenet Ramsey with charges related to the death of the girl, newly released documents show. DNA evidence later cleared the parents and son

Keep coming back to this:

"It appears that the District Attorney, presumably acting at the discretion of the grand jury, prepared a series of possible charges regarding John Ramsey and Patricia Ramsey based on the fact that the child had died and that there was evidence that a sexual assault of the child had occurred,"

I wanted to see all charges that were prepared,especially the ones re sex assault if they exist.

Wow. Right now, JonBenet is the top story on CNN.com.

This is the headline:

DNA cleared them and their son.

NOPE.NOT DNA. MARY LACY.HUGE DIFFERENCE.her INTERPRETATION of the evidence.
she never told us about all the other unknown dna,why?
why did she clear only the Ramseys?they weren't the only people on the suspect list.

Kolar did have it right!

If he thinks the case is still prosecutable, does that mean he believes JR can still be charged for his part?

BR can't? Right?

I sense some people's disappointment and I am confused..
Finally after 17 yrs,we have a very important group of people saying that they believe
someone in that house killed her and covered it up.
We have waited 17 yrs for someone to publicly tell us something and here it is..
Am I missing something??:dunno:

dog.gone.cute;9926340
::

Ya Think? Because I feel like the light just went on. Sometimes the smplest answer is the right one. It never made sense that the parents covered for each other. Covering for their only remaining chld? Makes total sense to me.

Kolar was the one that had it right.

:seeya: Yes, very good point ... I see what you mean !

I have gone back and forth between Burke and John for the past 17 years ... and my latest was JR ...

But NOW, after reading the great posts here, I think it was BR !

:please: I just hope and pray that one day the TRUTH will be known ... JonBenet deserves Justice ! ! !

I've said it a few days ago and unfortuantely I was right.Only NOW will we actually see the consequences of ML's stupidity and bias!

BBM:

:seeya: Jumping off your post here, if you don't mind :

At that time, Burke was 9 years old -- a MINOR ... So IF it was Burke, then why didn't John call one of his attorneys to find out what the law was with respect to minors ?

So IMO, it could have been only : (1) an accident - or - (2) intentional.

So, IF it was an "accident," then why didn't the R's call 9-1-1 and say that it was an "accident" ? Accidents DO happen, right ?

But as to "intentional," well, that's another story ...

:banghead: And after all this hoopla about the GJ documents, we basically know nothing ... nada ... zip !

:twocents: No doubt, John is still being protected ...

:please: for JonBenet !

Hi all! :seeya:
I'm not new to WS but I lurk here and had to chime in. I believe that JR DID call attorneys that night/morning to get advice. I have long wanted to hear what the Ramsey phone records look like from the early hours of Dec 26. My oh my i bet they tell a tale. I wonder if the GJ had those. I'll bet ya dollars to donuts the Ramsey machine ( as I call it) made darn sure those were kept hidden because I've never heard about them. While I'm happy they are outed, so to speak because they have proclaimed total innocence and said there was NO evidence to the contrary, I too was hoping for more. I think JR would poop bricks if they released it all as he supposedly wants **cough cough, ahem yeah right , John sure you do**.

I sense everyone's disappointment and I am confused..
Finally after 17 yrs,we have a very important group of people saying that they believe
We have waited 17 yrs for someone to publicly tell us something and here it is..

I'm not disappointed.

I am going to be disappointed if someone in the media doesn't start digging and reporting on the science of TDNA and calling out Mary Lacy for her ridiculous statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks for this new consolidated thread, Beach! :seeya:

I sense everyone's disappointment and I am confused..

I'm not disappointed...like others have said, this is the only thing that ever made sense. You could tell John and Patsy Ramsey were not a loving couple and the strained aspect of their relationship, yet always having each other's back, always made me think Burke had something to do with it. The problem back in the early days of this case was Lin Wood suing anyone who mentioned Burke's name, so the forums were very careful not to. Tricia was getting threatening letters from Wood on the old JBR forum and FFJ. We were really limited in sharing what we thought about Burke's involvement. Just the way Lin Wood planned it. He was the first true shakedown artist. He had the media in his back pocket - they didn't mention Burke - he had Burke cleared as a suspect very early on.

Lin Wood's legacy can be seen today in many of the high-profile cases involving heavy media manipulation. Seventeen years. Just a pitiful shame. RIP JonBenet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back