Who was George Brody?- Part 2.

How interesting! Thank you for letting us know. I'm sorry it's taking them such a long time to respond to you, it must be really frustrating.

So one has to apply for it then?

This triggers more questions:

Did GB have one/did he ever apply for one?
If he did, what name was it in (if GB wasn't actually his name)?

I must look into the whole SS number business in the US in general.

The only public records we have found on GB were his name (with that of his companion MK) in city directories listing addresses in San Francisco and Oakland. He did have a bank account in Oakland and left rather a large amount of money in a savings deposit box. He had no SS number or passport that we could locate. Research on GB has included scrutiny of genealogy sites, newspapers, telephone books, city directories, and many other sources.

We also ound GB's death certificate with no SSN and a bogus birth date signed by GW.

GB...unemployed and having to depend on others for all of his needs. This says helpless and vulnerable.. Neither of which I would use to describe GB, based upon what we do know about him. Add to that fact his insanity and I can't help but to assume he had one or more brushes with the law at some point. Are mug shots public record in CA? I realize the name may or may not be GB...

Not sure if this guy has been ruled out .http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/halpern_joseph.htm linteresting to note he was called Teacher. and also went by other alias... born 1910 which is around the estimated time of george brody birth.. he is fluent in french and german, and i was thinking Effie could very well be Pronounced Eiffee in german...george b.jpg

The only public records we have found on GB were his name (with that of his companion MK) in city directories listing addresses in San Francisco and Oakland. He did have a bank account in Oakland and left rather a large amount of money in a savings deposit box. He had no SS number or passport that we could locate. Research on GB has included scrutiny of genealogy sites, newspapers, telephone books, city directories, and many other sources.

Hello AM,

Been a long time since I posted. I know I mentioned before that an add regarding the money might bring forth someone, but not sure how many bad inquiries you would get. I still think posting an add on Craig's list saying you are looking for relatives or people who may be entitled to the money may bring out someone who may have known him or the other George. I was also thinking about DNA, is there any chance you ever got it or the FBI or local LE? they can do a familiar search or even on the Genealogy sites, they could run it. LE has used them too to find leads. Anyway, sorry I haven't posted but still praying for answers for you.

aka Bern

Not sure if this guy has been ruled out .http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/halpern_joseph.htm linteresting to note he was called Teacher. and also went by other alias... born 1910 which is around the estimated time of george brody birth.. he is fluent in french and german, and i was thinking Effie could very well be Pronounced Eiffee in german...
attachment.php

I definitely see the resemblence, but our GB had blue eyes and the gentleman missing from Colorado had Brown eyes.

Cubby is there any where i can find a compilation of know things about George brody likes dislikes mannerisms .knowledge , just known facts ive seen the time line..

There is no compilation that I am aware of, just what's in the threads.

interesting to note that Joseph Laurence Halpren was a graduate of astronomy... http://www.dailycamera.com/nation-world-news/ci_14239178

The possible "other reason" was hinted at in excerpts of Joseph's letters that the family reread after he vanished. The young man said he "might become a hobo" and added, "Happy is the life of an astronomer," noting that "mortal cares, worries, being, [and] loves vanish into insignificance before this formidability of nature."
sounds like george brody to me

I did notice the similarities with the nose and ear, however our GB had blue eyes, their forehead shapes are different and GB has a smaller earlobe.

The blue eyes alone would rule out GB being the an missing in Colorado.

but there is tehe possibility that he had contacts....forehead shape with pics are decieving

look at these pics as age progression hair receding would make for a longer fore head there hair line and haisir parting are identical.. also wonder how the height was established for George B. is there a profile for George Brody?????....

Annasmom provided the ht information about GB.

Have you read the description in the book Searching for Anna?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back