CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's something I haven't thought a lot about........that Bryce is 19, considered an adult, and if LE thinks he walked out of there on his own, that he made the choice to walk away from his life, that they would not be looking for him further.

That's a hard one. Because the black and white of it is that he is a consenting adult, and can go anywhere he wants with whomever he wants. He doesn't need his parents permission and is under no obligation to inform them of where he is and what he's doing.

The circumstances surrounding his disappearance are what had LE involved, thinking he was injured badly. Since they don't think foul play was involved, I think they distanced themselves from this investigation. I also think that if the public though the same way, people would back off and not bother looking for him. IMO

I know we are all on here trying our absolute best to piece together the pieces of the puzzle to help bring Bryce home to his family, to his girlfriend, and to his friends. Hopefully they all see where our hearts are at and how much time we have spent thinking of Bryce and trying to find a way to bring him home. I agree that LE can and will only do so much and there is only so much the family and a handful of searchers can do on their own. I think it's the right time for the HONEST details to be filled in, good, bad or ugly. Maybe we (and Bryce) will get a break and we will get another verified insider on here to help us help bring him home, regardless of his past behavior and regardless of where he is and why. Hoping and praying that happens and soon.

I have a hard time imagining how Bryce would have ended up in the lake. If he had a head injury, I could picture a person being disoriented or dizzy and falling in from a ledge. But in this case, it seems like he'd have to actually walk right into the water until he got far enough out to possibly drown and not be found yet. Would a person with a head injury be so befuddled that they would do that? Not know what kind of danger they are in?

The only way I see him in the lake is if he decided to swim across for some reason and underestimated how far across it was or if the effects of a head injury suddenly set in when he was part way across.

I'm just throwing these comments out there, not directed at any particular person.

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd we haven't heard much from his friends? Considering how young people are so prevalent on social media, we haven't heard many personal pleas from the people closest to Bryce other than his family.

Some are very active on social media. The girlfriend is intensely. But you know, Bryce moved from his home state and seems to have started a relationship soon after and I get the sense he was more social before he moved. After all, it can be hard to make the same level of friends when you move as an adult out of high school.

He moved to Laguna Niguel but then moved to Chico, a junior college. Lots of jumping around.

The phrase he allegedly used was "IMPORTANT", so it is important and could provide a vital clue as to what happened. He could have said something very critical, like the example I provided before where he may have said he had a gambling problem and lost his keys to the truck in a poker hand bet. <<< just an example.

IMO, All his actions and behaviors and ANYTHING he said in the hours before his disappearance are CRITICAL. Especially if he prefaced it with "important".

If nobody knows, that is fine. But if someone knows, I would sure hope they would share it with LE at a minimum. The people that are helping try to find him need every piece of information they can get regarding his prior actions and things he said. They are ALL clues to help find him.

Yes, let me clarify. I think LE, Klaaskids, Team Amber have all the critical info. I think if there was anything pivotal to his recovery at this point, the public would know. There is no evidence that the family gas hidden things from the experts helping to solve this case.

That's something I haven't thought a lot about........that Bryce is 19, considered an adult, and if LE thinks he walked out of there on his own, that he made the choice to walk away from his life, that they would not be looking for him further.

That's a hard one. Because the black and white of it is that he is a consenting adult, and can go anywhere he wants with whomever he wants. He doesn't need his parents permission and is under no obligation to inform them of where he is and what he's doing.

The circumstances surrounding his disappearance are what had LE involved, thinking he was injured badly. Since they don't think foul play was involved, I think they distanced themselves from this investigation. I also think that if the public though the same way, people would back off and not bother looking for him. IMO

Bryce remains classified as a critical missing person. So although LE believes he left the park, they do not appear to be certain that he simply made a conscious decision, in his right mind, via a concerted plan, to disappear.

I have a hard time imagining how Bryce would have ended up in the lake. If he had a head injury, I could picture a person being disoriented or dizzy and falling in from a ledge. But in this case, it seems like he'd have to actually walk right into the water until he got far enough out to possibly drown and not be found yet. Would a person with a head injury be so befuddled that they would do that? Not know what kind of danger they are in?

The only way I see him in the lake is if he decided to swim across for some reason and underestimated how far across it was or if the effects of a head injury suddenly set in when he was part way across.

I'm just throwing these comments out there, not directed at any particular person.

I am glad people have different opinions and it is fine to disagree with others because that is what makes WS so great is to get all ideas on the table.

Regarding bolded parts, I don't mean to be argumentative at all, but I struggle when I see a post like this after all the previous posts and discussions regarding this. IMO, there are can many possibilities and some were just mentioned. Things like...

-We have a previous person under very similar circumstances rolling a truck and ending up in a lake after taking similar medicine.

-Foul play could be involved and someone pushed him out and he floated for a little bit before sinking which would allow him to get further out in lake than what we would think

-He could have been hurting and injured and wanted to get in the water for relief from the pain of injuries and then he succumbed to injuries while in water.

All these types of things were previously mentioned and much discussion ensued. It is fine to not agree that this may have been what happened, but not sure how we can say we only see one way of deciding to swim across? Maybe some of us dont read all the previous posts, but for me, I like to read and consider all previous posts as much as I can to get up to speed on other peoples ideas.

I myself only give these types of things about a 40-60 percent chance, but I do try to consider all the different scenerios of what may have happened.

Until he is found, I don't outrule something unless it really shows no promise, and for now, I still keep the lake about 40-60 percent chance of possible.

Some people may eliminate it entirely and that is fine to just say so.
Again, not trying to be argumentative. Just trying to understand where some people are coming from. Thanks.

He said he had something to tell his mom. Is it possible he had been recruited to the military? He is over 18 and since he was not wanted by police for a crime could military keep his enlistment confidential?

He said he had something to tell his mom. Is it possible he had been recruited to the military? He is over 18 and since he was not wanted by police for a crime could military keep his enlistment confidential?

I am on my phone so can't pull up the post but Dragracerz said that wasn't a possibility. Also, would the military take someone who admittedly was using drugs illegally right before going off to boot camp?

That is a really good question. I have no idea.

I also wondered if he was ever entertaining the thought of going to Mexico or Canada. Not sure why, but just wondered about it since nobody has confirmed seeing him, somewhere out of the country is a possibility if he met up with someone heading there. I think both Mexico and Canada are relatively within reach of California.

That is a really good question. I have no idea.

I also wondered if he was ever entertaining the thought of going to Mexico or Canada. Not sure why, but just wondered about it since nobody has confirmed seeing him, somewhere out of the country is a possibility if he met up with someone heading there. I think both Mexico and Canada are relatively within reach of California.

It is a possibility though it is very important to remember that a very, very, very small amount of the population even knows Bryce is missing. On Bryce's FB not too long ago, a friend commented on a post about him missing stating he didn't even know his friend was missing. He could be anywhere and go unnoticed as the chance of one of the relatively few people who have heard about him, know his story and know what he looks like are so, so few. If he is out there it will either take someone finding a piece of the puzzle that is unknown at this point, someone in the know coming forward and talking, or pure luck of the right someone in the right place at the right time to find him.

I am on my phone so can't pull up the post but Dragracerz said that wasn't a possibility. Also, would the military take someone who admittedly was using drugs illegally right before going off to boot camp?

Yes, this happened to my oldest son the one who was addicted to adderal, cocaine and smoked pot. His job at 24hr fitness as a personal trainer called looking for him as he didn't show up to work and was worried. We spent days looking for him including the police. We finally found his truck at the back of my sisters house behind a hill smashed in with all the windows broken out and glass everywhere. No sign of my son anywhere. We got hold of one of his friends who was in the military and he called us back a couple days later and confirmed he was in Texas at Lackland Air Force Base. He had enlisted but got kicked out less than 8 months later due to his drug problem.

Just wanted to mention he had left his wallet too. You don't need clothes and money to take to military as everything is provided. But I would think you would need ID at the airport.

The reason he didn't tell anyone was because his family had always been against it. We wanted him to stay in college. Not get killed in the military.

Good thinking outside the box. I think unless a person is classified, that info would be public: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/How-to-Check-Records-Of-Military-Service-Plenty-2913464.php

Has anyone checked?

It is a possibility though it is very important to remember that a very, very, very small amount of the population even knows Bryce is missing. On Bryce's FB not too long ago, a friend commented on a post about him missing stating he didn't even know his friend was missing. He could be anywhere and go unnoticed as the chance of one of the relatively few people who have heard about him, know his story and know what he looks like are so, so few. If he is out there it will either take someone finding a piece of the puzzle that is unknown at this point, someone in the know coming forward and talking, or pure luck of the right someone in the right place at the right time to find him.

That's really upsetting to know. Some of his own friends aren't aware? That tells me much more work needs to be done spreading the word.

Yes, this happened to my oldest son the one who was addicted to adderal, cocaine and smoked pot. His job at 24hr fitness as a personal trainer called looking for him as he didn't show up to work and was worried. We spent days looking for him including the police. We finally found his truck at the back of my sisters house behind a hill smashed in with all the windows broken out and glass everywhere. No sign of my son anywhere. We got hold of one of his friends who was in the military and he called us back a couple days later and confirmed he was in Texas at Lackland Air Force Base. He had enlisted but got kicked out less than 8 months later due to his drug problem.

Just wanted to mention he had left his wallet too. You don't need clothes and money to take to military as everything is provided. But I would think you would need ID at the airport.

Wow, White. Your son's experience is very similar. Kids can do some crazy things.

The reason he didn't tell anyone was because his family had always been against it. We wanted him to stay in college. Not get killed in the military.

I don't blame you.

Good thinking outside the box. I think unless a person is classified, that info would be public: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/How-to-Check-Records-Of-Military-Service-Plenty-2913464.php

Has anyone checked?

That's really upsetting to know. Some of his own friends aren't aware? That tells me much more work needs to be done spreading the word.

Wow, White. Your son's experience is very similar. Kids can do some crazy things.

I don't blame you.

Actually the only reason we found out was his friends was able to pull some strings. It's private information but he got in touch with my son and finally convinced him to call us. When he did call he advised us not to question his actions or he would hang up and would never hear from him again. It was hard because we were so upset at him making that decision. He eventually got a general discharge. He even had a bad knee that required surgery so I was very surprised he was able to enlist with all his problems. He has gotten worse over time. His addictions turned into paranoid schizophrenia. As I stated before in and out of psych hospitals for 10 years and jails. He stops taking meds and he goes into psychotic episodes. He heard voices and all the terrible things that go along with this illness. He has been drug free 4 years but now is schizophrenic/ bi-polar. It has been a living hell to say the least. He is very smart, nice, won many awards even presidents gold. He was a wonderful snowboarder, skateboarder, wakeboarder. He could have gone pro. He now lost interest in everything he loved before. He had many friends. Now none. He just turned 30 and this mess is still going on. It's like my son has left his body. It gets worse over time. My younger son who is 23 and is a programming college student at UCI is doing wonderfully. He does not drink or do drugs and is quite the opposite of his brother as he has gone through all this with his brother and does not want to end up that way. Thank the good lord he is doing great.

Nowadays it is not easy getting in to the military. It is a very long process and can take up to a year. Also, due to the fact that BL is registered as a missing person the military would not allow him to join until/unless he's removed from the missing person data base. Also, when a person joins the military it's required to list parents names, etc. and the parents are contacted several times along the way. I can say with 100% certainty BL is not in the United States military. It would be next to impossible to join without the parent's knowledge.

Actually the only reason we found out was his friends was able to pull some strings. It's private information but he got in touch with my son and finally convinced him to call us. When he did call he advised us not to question his actions or he would hang up and would never hear from him again. It was hard because we were so upset at him making that decision. He eventually got a general discharge. He even had a bad knee that required surgery so I was very surprised he was able to enlist with all his problems. He has gotten worse over time. His addictions turned into paranoid schizophrenia. As I stated before in and out of psych hospitals for 10 years and jails. He stops taking meds and he goes into psychotic episodes. He heard voices and all the terrible things that go along with this illness. He has been drug free 4 years but now is schizophrenic/ bi-polar. It has been a living hell to say the least. He is very smart, nice, won many awards even presidents gold. He was a wonderful snowboarder, skateboarder, wakeboarder. He could have gone pro. He now lost interest in everything he loved before. He had many friends. Now none. He just turned 30 and this mess is still going on. It's like my son has left his body. It gets worse over time. My younger son who is 23 and is a programming college student at UCI is doing wonderfully. He does not drink or do drugs and is quite the opposite of his brother as he has gone through all this with his brother and does not want to end up that way. Thank the good lord he is doing great.
I am so very sorry your son and your entire family have to live with this. How terrible for all of you. Thank you for sharing with us. Next time I'm *****ing about my son not calling me as often as I'd like I'm going to just be thankful he's alive and healthy.

Again, thank you for sharing, it makes me appreciate my own son a little bit more.

Nowadays it is not easy getting in to the military. It is a very long process and can take up to a year. Also, due to the fact that BL is registered as a missing person the military would not allow him to join until/unless he's removed from the missing person data base. Also, when a person joins the military it's required to list parents names, etc. and the parents are contacted several times along the way. I can say with 100% certainty BL is not in the United States military. It would be next to impossible to join without the parent's knowledge.

Not true we his parents were never ever contacted during the process or after he was there. This was 5 years ago. When he damaged his own truck himself and broke out the windows due to a drug binge the recruiter picked him up down the road got him a hotel room yo cleanup and the next day he was off to Lackland AFB. My son eventually told me everything.

Not true we his parents were never ever contacted during the process or after he was there. This was 5 years ago. When he damaged his own truck himself and broke out the windows due to a drug binge the recruiter picked him up down the road got him a hotel room yo cleanup and the next day he was off to Lackland AFB. My son eventually told me everything.
Hmmm. This seems out of the norm. In any event, I'm certain BL isn't in the military.

I tend to agree with AmandaFast.

For whatever reasons I think the family is being very circumspect with information released publicly. Unfortunately the lack of specifics leads to conjecture and analogical speculations.

A few questions:

Is LE still actively involved in this case?
Did BL have a legal prescription for Vyvanse, if so what for and in what dosage?
How long had he been using this drug?
Did BL have Vyvanse in his possession when he started his trip South? If so how much?
Was Vyvanse what he took out of his bag after the crash?
Did LE find any drugs in his vehicle after the crash?

And lastly, how common is it for Vyvanse to cause a dry mouth?

I just wanted to state a few things, as to maybe why friends aren't in hysterics and much more involved in what's going on, and this is MY OPINION ONLY.
Jess and I talk about this daily. She had it in her mind way early on that he left on his own and doesn't want to be found. But, each time she would come back with "there's no way he would do this to his mom." With that being said, she wanted nothing to do with media, she would see them on campus and would walk the opposite way. When she saw the interview with the "friend" saying he wasn't surprised BL was missing and he was spiraling out of control or whatever it is he said, she went into complete rage and was completely offended by it, Somewhere on her fb she shared the news interview and told the guy off. Maybe it was true what the "friend" said but it was offensive to my daughter. She would love to come on WS, but I told her to stay off this site. The fact that anyone talks about him being an "addict" or bringing up his criminal past would make her so defensive she would end up getting banned from this site. She would tell everyone off.. Protective mode maybe.. Not that it's not true, but that she doesn't want people talking about her friend that was important to her. She has spoken to a few people on here regarding Bryce. She aches everyday, but is at ease a bit that they haven't found him dead somewhere. So she sits content thinking that hes out there somewhere living a new life ,,,,and in her mind he wants to be left alone. That's just the zone she fell into. She reminded me of this the other day, He LOVED school. He was incredibly intelligent, he was very creative, he loved getting good grades for himself, he liked drawing, he was so funny everything he did she would laugh, I have at least 40-50 video's on my computer of BL. Most of them, my daughter recorded of him dancing or telling a joke, telling a story, and she is in complete hysterics laughing through the entire recording. Why would he leave school that his parents paid for, his apartment that his parents paid for, his allowance that he received from his parents to eat and live, his car they gave him, his games that he spent so much time playing to go pick cherries for very little money or magazine sales? His family made it very easy for him to go to school and live on his own so he could focus on that and do well. I honestly think regarding the friends that they might feel the same way that he's hiding somewhere. There were days in the first 2 weeks she was planning for a funeral. She will tell you all if she was here, that he is awesome and one of her dearest friends. She told me last night, she wouldn't have survived the first year in the dorm with all the drama and strangers had it not been for Bryce.

Manic Episode: "By AMERICAN PSYCHIATRIC ASSOCIATION"

The elevated mood of a Manic Episode may be described as euphoric, unusually good, cheerful, or high. Although the person&#8217;s mood may initially have an infectious quality for the uninvolved observer, it is recognized as excessive by those who know the person well. The expansive quality of the mood is characterized by unceasing and indiscriminate enthusiasm for interpersonal, sexual, or occupational interactions. For example, the person may spontaneously start extensive conversations with strangers in public places, or a salesperson may telephone strangers at home in the early morning hours to initiate sales. Although elevated mood is considered the prototypical symptom, the predominant mood disturbance may be irritability, particularly when the person&#8217;s wishes are thwarted. Lability of mood (e.g., the alternation between euphoria and irritability) is frequently seen.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/what-is-a-manic-episode/000629

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member