MI MI - Tiane Brown, 33, Detroit, 29 October 2013

I work at WSU, received this yesterday evening in my work email -

Tiane Brown, a third-year Wayne Law student, is missing and the Wayne State University Police Department and the Waterford Township Police Department are asking for your help in gathering any information you may have about her.

Brown was last seen on Monday, Oct. 28 at 8:15 p.m. at the Wayne State Law School. She was reported missing by her parents after she failed to pick up her three children at their home in West Bloomfield. Brown lives in Waterford.

Wayne State Police have searched campus, her driving routes, hospitals, police crime and accident databases and have shared her information with other law enforcement agencies.

Police have no evidence indicating that she has been in an accident or is a victim of foul play, however she cannot be located.

To view a photo of Brown, visit http://media.wayne.edu/tiane_brownoctober_2013_.jpg

Brown is 5’7” and weighs approximately 145 lbs. She has brown eyes and brown, shoulder length hair.

Contact the WSUPD at 313-577-2224, or the Waterford Police Department at 248-618-7550.

Bloomfield is very well to do. There is an olympic figure skating training site there...that's the reason I know of it. :)

Bloomfield is very well to do. There is an olympic figure skating training site there...that's the reason I know of it. :)

The Detroit Skating Club is in Bloomfield Hills. Not the same city as West Bloomfield where Tiane's parents live and where her children were when she disappeared. DH and/or I drive past the DSC on our way to the nearest Costco.

I can't imagine that Ms. Brown wouldn't have had a cell phone, but there is no mention of cell phone pings to track her whereabouts. Odd.

I wonder if she was working on any particular cases in the course of her study? Maybe something there put her in danger?

are they any bodies of water in the immediate area ??
for some reason my mind went straight to terrilyn monette.

are they any bodies of water in the immediate area ??
for some reason my mind went straight to terrilyn monette.

The Detroit River is south of WSU campus. Numerous small lakes in Oakland County where Tiane and her parents live.

"Police have no evidence indicating that she has been in an accident or is a victim of foul play, however she cannot be located."

So can we infer that she's not 'endangered missing'? Might there be something that suggests to them she likely has not met any harm, that they have not revealed?

I've checked multiple local media sources this morning and there doesn't appear to be anything new regarding the disappearance of Tiane Brown. I hope that she is not a victim of foul play and that she will be found soon. :please:

I hope Tiane is found safe and soon. Praying for her and her children and parents.

I wonder if she was working on any particular cases in the course of her study? Maybe something there put her in danger?

Jmo. Two possibilities, but probably unlikely:
She works on patent prosecution according to her firms website.
and
BBM
"Prior to joining the firm, Tiane worked as an emergency technician at a local hospital and then as a biomechanical engineer for a defense contractor that manufactures military vehicles."

I've checked multiple local media sources this morning and there doesn't appear to be anything new regarding the disappearance of Tiane Brown. I hope that she is not a victim of foul play and that she will be found soon. :please:

Social media has seemed to have gone silent in the past 12 hours. I think family might have a lead. Jmo

I used to work at WSU, and while it is a pretty safe campus, some of the surrounding neighborhoods are rough. I hope she didn't run into foul play while driving in the city or stopping to get gas or whatever. Any mention of where she lives? Do her parents regularly babysit the kids, or was this a special occurrence? Was she planning on making any other stops before picking up the kids? So many questions on my mind.f

Police are investigating whether a body found at the old Packard Plant site in Detroit is connected to the case of a missing Wayne State University law student.

The body was found Wednesday at the site, which is off I-94 near Mt. Elliot.

Both Detroit police and Wayne State University police are on the scene.

snip from above link

Terrible Terrible Terrible, this is sounding like a senseless death UGH just wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back