"Lost" Actor (51) Marries 16 YR Old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slavery used to be legal, too. And beating one's own children; sometimes to death.

I agree that what is legal is not always what is moral or right. :(

I didn't say it was either moral or right. But he got legally married, it's not illegal, and he can not be charged.

I didn't say it was either moral or right. But he got legally married, it's not illegal, and he can not be charged.

Yeah but I don't have to think he is swell. JMO, :twocents: hopefully he knows how lucky he was to have gotten away with rape via a loophole.

I think of that little girl in India who died from the internal injuries her "husband" caused her when "consummating" their union.

She was ripped apart and bled to death.

Luckily, all legal.

I don't think anyone here is saying this relationship, while legal, was necessarily moral. However, to make him out to be a pedo and her an innocent victim is just not factual. If you actually look at the facts.

Again, you can't charge someone for legal behavior. You can't allow someone to legally marry a 16 year old and then charge that someone with a crime. There is no crime if it's legal for him to marry her.

It also doesn't mean it should be defended.

If that is the law, than the law is an *advertiser censored*.

Meaning

Said of the application of the law that is contrary to common sense.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/the-law-is-an-*advertiser censored*.html

Again, I ask... This was acceptable to you? You are fine with her parents actions? You're condoning his actions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone here is saying this relationship, while legal, was necessarily moral. However, to make him out to be a pedo and her an innocent victim is just not factual. If you actually look at the facts.

And what are the facts?

A creepy 50 year old man got involved with his student. Her parents slapped a bow on her butt and sent her on her way.

And what are the facts?

A creepy 50 year old man got involved with his student. Her parents slapped a bow on her butt and sent her on her way.

I posted a video above and a list of facts. It appears to me her mom and her sought him out and THEN he got involved with her and her parents sent her on her way.

Again, I don't think there is anything good about the situation. But get the facts straight before calling him a pedo who trolled for her. No matter how much you want it to be true, it simply is not.

I posted a video above and a list of facts. It appears to me her mom and her sought him out and THEN he got involved with her and her parents sent her on her way.

Again, I don't think there is anything good about the situation. But get the facts straight before calling him a pedo who trolled for her. No matter how much you want it to be true, it simply is not.

I never said he trolled for her.

I don't care if she hopped on him and gave him a lap dance. I expect a 50 year old man to push her off and walk away, because she was a CHILD!

Would excuses be made if this was a 50 year old science teacher at a high school?

What if she were 14? 13? ....

It also doesn't mean it should be defended.

If that is the law, than the law is an *advertiser censored*.

Meaning

Said of the application of the law that is contrary to common sense.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/the-law-is-an-*advertiser censored*.html

Again, I ask... This was acceptable to you? You are fine with her parents actions? You're condoning his actions?

Doesn't look to me like anyone is defending any part of this. Just pointing out the facts.

Look, it is easy to have a knee jerk reaction to a situation and try to put it in a box. The truth is, this one cannot be put in a box that makes him a pedo troll and her an innocent victim. It just cannot be. It is gross, and it is shameful on the parts of all the adults, I would argue most of all her parents. But he did not go trolling for innocent young girls. He has not displayed predator behavior. She and her mom sought him out for her gain. Period. Yes, he should have put the brakes on when he found out her age. No, her parents should not have allowed it. All these things can be true and it still doesn't put him on the internet trolling for young girls.

I don't care if she hopped on him and gave him a lap dance. I expect a 50 year old man to push her off and walk away, because she was a CHILD!

You and I agree on this point.

Would excuses be made if this was a 50 year old science teacher at a high school?

What if she were 14? 13? ....

I am not making excuses, only stating facts. But since you mentioned it, not it would not be the same. This is a totally different scenario as the one you describe.

I think of that little girl in India who died from the internal injuries her "husband" caused her when "consummating" their union.

Luckily, all legal.

Not legal and not in India. And maybe never happened at all.

Doesn't look to me like anyone is defending any part of this. Just pointing out the facts.

Look, it is easy to have a knee jerk reaction to a situation and try to put it in a box. The truth is, this one cannot be put in a box that makes him a pedo troll and her an innocent victim. It just cannot be. It is gross, and it is shameful on the parts of all the adults, I would argue most of all her parents. But he did not go trolling for innocent young girls. He has not displayed predator behavior. She and her mom sought him out for her gain. Period. Yes, he should have put the brakes on when he found out her age. No, her parents should not have allowed it. All these things can be true and it still doesn't put him on the internet trolling for young girls.

His actions now certainly put him squarely in the profile fitting pedo behavior. I doubt she was his first child obsession. Just a hunch. Just opinion and speculation.

His actions now certainly put him squarely in the profile fitting pedo behavior. I doubt she was his first child obsession. Just a hunch. Just opinion and speculation.

You are going on opinion and speculation, and I am going on facts that are verifiable.

Luckily, all legal.

But that little girl was 10 (TEN) and Courtney was 16, big difference there.
When our parents and grandparents were teens MANY of them were married at 14-15-16 and nobody was outraged. How old was Loretta Lynn again?? I think it was 13. I just looked it up~"barely 14".
http://www.lorettalynn.com/50/?page_id=2
There is a thread on WS talking about how young members were when they began "dating" and no I'm not linking to it, probably in the Parking Lot, but I'm thinking that some 'outrage' is just blather. :twocents::moo:

But that little girl was 10 (TEN) and Courtney was 16, big difference there.
When our parents and grandparents were teens MANY of them were married at 14-15-16 and nobody was outraged. How old was Loretta Lynn again?? I think it was 13. I just looked it up~"barely 14".
http://www.lorettalynn.com/50/?page_id=2
There is a thread on WS talking about how young members were when they began "dating" and no I'm not linking to it, probably in the Parking Lot, but I'm thinking that some 'outrage' is just blather. :twocents::moo:

they weren't marrying 50 year old men.

they weren't marrying 50 year old men.

Mooney was 21 when they got married, today he'd be an RSO.

And some of our ancestors did marry older men, though maybe not 50.
My Great Grandfather couldn't find his wife after the Civil War so he married again, she died after a few kids and then he married my Great Grandmother who was then 22, so that makes him a lot older by then.

Closed due to alerts. Will open again if/when a mod has time to review it. Since this is not a crime case, it has a low priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak