Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix #2

This ruling today basically takes away the main reason that CA filed BK in the first place.

Does anyone else wonder if Cheney knew that CA would be dressed the way she was the one time she appeared for any of the BK hearings?

JMO

Speaking of attorneys, are FCA's attorneys qualified to represent her in a federal court for these two lawsuits or will we be seeing another couple or so to come to her rescue?

Great questions! I would like to know also.
The bankruptcy judge said the Zenaida and Kronk cases are "separate" from the bankruptcy case -- so I wonder if that means he is cutting Zenaida and Kronk loose from the bankruptcy case, and allowing them to continue their lawsuits in State court?

I wonder if this means that the bankruptcy will go ahead and be closed up, and have no further activity regarding Zenaida and Kronk?

We will know more when the official ORDER is filed on the docket.
And when we see any new entries on the State court dockets.

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Case No. 2011-CA-017051-O
KRONK, ROY vs. ANTHONY, CASEY

Case No. 2008-CA-024573-O
FERNANDEZ-GONZALEZ, ZENAIDA vs. ANTHONY, CASEY

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ptcy-lawsuits-ruling-20131105,0,3149783.story

Casey Anthony bankruptcy judge: Lawsuits can move forward
Casey Anthony faces a deposition by attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez

By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
11:55 a.m. EST, November 5, 2013

clip

TAMPA -- The legal fight over Casey Anthony's bankruptcy will continue, after a judge on Tuesday ruled that a pair of complaints filed by people suing her for defamation can move forward in federal court.

It was a defeat for Anthony, who now faces a deposition by attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez, though Gonzalez's lawyers said in court that they've agreed not to publish the deposition or reveal its time or location.

------------------

Zenaida's attorney Shuker agreed to "not publish the deposition".
So, I guess the bankruptcy judge does not have to rule on it being sealed, or not.

Even if the public never gets to read a transcript of the depo, or watch a video, nor hear an audio of the depo, I am still very happy that Casey will have to answer questions about her finances!

Maybe the truth about who has been financial supporting her will be revealed during the deposition or further discovery process.

Red by me

Won't she have to answer other questions in addition to her finances? I think by the time she gets thru the interrogations from Zenida's and Kronk's attys., they will get enough information to know that she was responsible for little Caylee's death. I know it will not change the fact that she has been declared "not guilty".

Also, after they question her, will there be a jury trial to establish how much will be awarded to Zenada and Kronk, if enough information is gained to warrant it. If so, will that be public.

As much as I detest that people have been "caring for her", I really want to hear her tell the truth about what happened to Caylee.

JMO

Great questions! I would like to know also.
The bankruptcy judge said the Zenaida and Kronk cases are "separate" from the bankruptcy case -- so I wonder if that means he is cutting Zenaida and Kronk loose from the bankruptcy case, and allowing them to continue their lawsuits in State court?

I wonder if this means that the bankruptcy will go ahead and be closed up, and have no further activity regarding Zenaida and Kronk?

We will know more when the official ORDER is filed on the docket.
And when we see any new entries on the State court dockets.

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Case No. 2011-CA-017051-O
KRONK, ROY vs. ANTHONY, CASEY

Case No. 2008-CA-024573-O
FERNANDEZ-GONZALEZ, ZENAIDA vs. ANTHONY, CASEY

Your post #1203 has a statement from a newspaper that says it will continue in federal court.

I am having a hard time trying to keep all these courts seperate!!

Just read the article from which you took the statement. I guess this is still to do with whether or not the defamation cases can proceed.

(I'm still confused - too many attorneys and too many different things going on)

JMO

Well Im glad they will get their day in count with her.But her telling the truth about anything Im very much doubting.

Your post #1203 has a statement from a newspaper that says it will continue in federal court.

JMO

Bankruptcy is a Federal Court, peppered with state specific laws/exemptions. Federal Courts always have authority over State courts.

I've only skimmed briefly but from what I am understanding, the civil cases are free to be litigated in the Florida state courts. I don't care if it is only $500, I LOVE that she was ordered by a Federal Judge to pay Zenaida's attorneys' fee for fighting that silly Protective Order! The last person on earth that needs anymore protection is Casey Marie Anthony. Cindy does a pretty bang up job of it along with all the attention-seeking, limelight loving others in her camp.

Just read the article from which you took the statement. I guess this is still to do with whether or not the defamation cases can proceed.

(I'm still confused - too many attorneys and too many different things going on)

JMO

I confess, I have not kept up as well as I should have but let's review this and assume the reporter is correct.

<snip from the OS link ThinkTank posted>

Gonzalez and Roy Kronk both had defamation lawsuits pending against Anthony in state court when she filed for bankruptcy in January, and have been fighting to salvage their claims against her ever since.

They filed complaints against Anthony's bankruptcy in federal court, arguing that Anthony was "willful and malicious" in damaging their reputations.
Anthony's lawyers filed motions to dismiss those complaints.

-emphasis mine

Heck, it looks to me like when she filed for bankruptcy, Kronk & ZG decided they weren't going to sit back and wait for the federal issue to be decided before they could move forward, so they also filed complaints in federal court. Honestly, I'm not sure. I need to play catch up & review to see what was filed when, where and try to figure out their strategy.

My opinion is this whole bankruptcy was a scheme concocted by her attorneys to try to get her out of the ZG/*TES>who settled*/RK Civil Lawsuits, PERIOD~! GIANT BACKFIRE!! Now she will have a little normal bankruptcy case for, what, an ambulance ride and a back phone bill? what else? will Baez really claim he is owed $300,000+ dollars? Their scheme failed, as it should.

No matter how the GZ/RK cases fare in state court, they both deserve a fair jury trial for the malicious lies and slander FCA, through her agents, (Cindy=GZ, RK=LKBaden, JBaez and who knows who else was spreading lies about Kronk moving the body and being involved in the murder). Let all the truths (yeah, right) come out and let the Jury decide!!

imo, moo, etc.

Well I wonder if she will keep her word and "just disappear" as her lawyers said she planned, if these lawsuits were allowed to proceed.
I guess all her ProBono lawyers now realize they are signed up for lots of work instead of the quickie they thought they were volunteering for! :floorlaugh:

so, then, now for GZ/RK, won't any money they are awarded, should that happen, be garnishable upon any future monies FCA would get from a book/interview deal? THAT is what she was trying to avoid, and now it seems they WILL (should they win at trial monetary damages) be able to reap some of her *profits*, should she now try to sell her story.....I have a feeling she is very ticked off today, LOL

I plead with EVERY WS member to light this candle until the sperm doner has paid a price for this Angel's death!! :loveyou:

so, then, now for GZ/RK, won't any money they are awarded, should that happen, be garnishable upon any future monies FCA would get from a book/interview deal? THAT is what she was trying to avoid, and now it seems they WILL (should they win at trial monetary damages) be able to reap some of her *profits*, should she now try to sell her story.....I have a feeling she is very ticked off today, LOL

Yes!

:floorlaugh:

The only thing is cameras are not allowed in federal court are they? So does that mean we can't watch it?

I plead with EVERY WS member to light this candle until the sperm doner has paid a price for this Angel's death!! :loveyou:

What sperm donor? None was ever determined, as far as I know. Poor Caylee.

I just keep wondering if she can appeal this decision? Is that possible? If it is, we are still a long way from this story being over.

My timing is impeccable along with Kimster!! So wonderful to see my WS friends finally get something to cheer about.

I have always believed somehow, someway - there was going to be retribution. Bless the Roy Kronk and Zenaida lawyers for hanging in there for them - just a fantastic effort.

As for Tim Miller - even if he never gets a dime of his award - I'll bet he feels vindicated after all the Anthony's attempt at trashtalk.

I say - It's definitely time for thwartcakes!! Enjoy!!

:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

:thewave:

I :loveyou: you guys! And sis I have missed you soooooooooo bad!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back