Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix #2

Its so nice to see some folks back here posting and checking in...

Wow! I'm so glad I checked here tonight! Its been many many months...hadn't dared to hope for good news. Karma's gathering up steam? Amen.

Mr. Shuker is with a different law firm.
He took over representing Zenaida for the bankruptcy case.

Thanks. So many attorneys!!!! But will Morgan & Morgan be the one to question CA.? What happens after that? I think one of the attys. promised to keep all of the questioning secret. Was that the BK atty. and does it bind Morgan & Morgan to the same?

JMO

Thanks. So many attorneys!!!! But will Morgan & Morgan be the one to question CA.? What happens after that? I think one of the attys. promised to keep all of the questioning secret. Was that the BK atty. and does it bind Morgan & Morgan to the same?

JMO

Mr. Shuker specializes in bankruptcy, and I believe that Mr. Morgan asked Mr. Shuker to join the Zenaida team to do the bankruptcy work. They confer with each other and share info.

When Mr. Morgan tells the media something about the Zenaida case, he is speaking for his law firm, which has never stopped being Zenaida's attorneys, and also speaking for Mr. Shuker, who is handling the bankruptcy part for Zenaida.

Mr. Shuker is the Attorney of Record, for Zenaida in the bankruptcy case.
He does all the filing of documents, and attends the Hearings, and he will do the questioning in the deposition of Casey.

Mr. Shuker, the bankruptcy attorney, agreed with Casey's attorneys in the bankruptcy court to NOT publish the deposition, or tell the date, time, or location for the depo. Mr. Morgan would be held to this agreement also, and would not talk about it to the media.

Casey's attorneys love to use it against Zenaida, whenever Mr. Morgan says anything to the media. They love to claim that Zenaida just wants media attention.

Mr. Shuker said he is not interested in publicity.
He just wants to get to the truth for Zenaida's sake.

Mr. Shuker will handle the next steps in Zenaida's defamation lawsuit, as it continues to a jury trial, through the bankruptcy court arena.

The IRS will NOT be letting Mz Anthony get away with what she owes them! The way I read the "set off" clause, the IRS would attach a lien to any money she might get from a tv or book deal, or any property she owns in the future.

IRS filed a claim in bankruptcy case

IRS – page 22 – $ 68,540.00 [Casey says]
11/1/2010 – for 2008 Taxes, Interest and Penalties
Casey says IRS – “Unsecured Nonpriority Claim”

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIS3Vuc3V5N2NCekk/edit?usp=sharing

Filed April 15, 2013

IRS says Secured Claim [but not Priority] -$ 80,855.11
[includes interest and other charges]

Tax Period Income – 12/31/2008
Assessed 11/01/2010 – $ 68,520.41
Tax Due – $ 47,904.00
Penalty to Petition Date – $ 26,269.10
Interest to Petition Date – $ 6,682.01
Notice of Tax Lien Filed – 08/24/2011 in Orange County and 05/25/2011 in Osceola County

IRS filed: “Nature of property or right of setoff: Real Estate; Motor Vehicle; Other.”
“All of debtor(s) right, title and interest to property – 26 U.S.C. 6321″
“The United States has not identified a right of setoff or counterclaim. However, this determination is based on available data and is not intended to waive any right to setoff against this claim debts owed to this debtor by this or any other federal agency. All rights of setoff are preserved and will be asserted to the extent lawful.”

I searched through a lot of info after reading this last night. One thing I'm unclear about though, and I couldn't find an answer...

Why is it being stated that's its impossible for her to invoke the 5th amendment during the upcoming depo? I understand that 2 of her lying convictions were overturned on appeal, and that the state would have to appeal those overturned convictions to the State Supreme Court for the appeal process on those 2 convictions to be ongoing.

But, from what I read, she still had the right, at least as of January 2013, to appeal to the State Supreme Court about the two lying convictions that were upheld. Did she fail to make that appeal? Make that appeal and was rejected? Make it and it still is pending? If that path to appeal is still open to her, doesn't that mean she can indeed still invoke the 5th?

I searched through a lot of info after reading this last night. One thing I'm unclear about though, and I couldn't find an answer...

Why is it being stated that's its impossible for her to invoke the 5th amendment during the upcoming depo? I understand that 2 of her lying convictions were overturned on appeal, and that the state would have to appeal those overturned convictions to the State Supreme Court for the appeal process on those 2 convictions to be ongoing.

But, from what I read, she still had the right, at least as of January 2013, to appeal to the State Supreme Court about the two lying convictions that were upheld. Did she fail to make that appeal? Make that appeal and was rejected? Make it and it still is pending? If that path to appeal is still open to her, doesn't that mean she can indeed still invoke the 5th?

http://199.242.69.70/pls/ds/ds_docket?p_caseyear=2011&p_casenumber=2357&psCourt=5&psSearchType=

APPEAL IN FLORIDA FIFTH DISTRICT COURT OF APPEALS

Case Number: 5D11-2357
Final Criminal Judgment and Sentence Notice from Orange County
CASEY MARIE ANTHONY vs. STATE OF FLORIDA

Lower Tribunal Case(s): 08-CF-15606-A

Feb 11, 2013 - Motion - Request for REHEARING [en banc]

March 25, 2013 - REHEARING DENIED
Her request to have the APPEAL RE-HEARD in Appeals Court, to try to get the remaining two counts of lying to law enforcement dismissed, was DENIED March 25, 2013.

April 9, 2013 - MANDATE FILED - APPEAL FINISHED
AZLawyer said: The "mandate" is the official order ending the court of appeals process.
Casey has 30 days [May 9, 2013] after that to ask the Florida Supreme Court to hear the case.
The Florida Supreme Court can and probably will decline. If they decline, it will probably take a month or two to get that order. If they take the case, it will probably take 6 months to a year to get a ruling.

----------------------------

FLORIDA SUPREME COURT [she never took her Appeal to this level]

file Writ of Cert

http://jweb.flcourts.org/pls/docket/ds_docket_search

DOCKET SEARCH

Lower Tribunal Case(s): 08-CF-15606-A

This is not an official ORDER, only a "Memo" to state what the Judge ruled in the Hearing on Nov 5, 2013.

Next Hearing for Zenaida and Kronk is January 14, 2014 at 11:00am in Tampa.

Kronk gets to AMEND his Complaint.

Casey's Motion to Dismiss Zenaida and Kronk cases is DENIED.
Casey has 21 days from when the official ORDER is filed, to ANSWER the DENIED Order.

Casey's attorneys Schrader and Ferwerda got SANCTIONS of $ 500 to be paid to Zenaida's attorney Shuker within 30 days.

Casey's Motion for Protective Order [to stop the deposition] was DENIED without prejudice.

KRONK
11/5/2013
Hearing Proceeding Memo:
APPEARANCES:
Howard Marks, [for Kronk]
David Schrader [for Casey]
Debra Ferwerda [for Casey]

RULING:
1 - Pretrial on Complaint by Roy Kronk against Casey Marie Anthony
Nature of Suit: [68 (Dischargeability - 523(a)(6), willful and malicious injury)

2 - Motion to Determine Whether Proceeding Core Filed by Michael Nardella on behalf of Plaintiff Roy Kronk

Items 1 and 2 - Cont'd to 1/14/2014 at 11:00 am;
Announced in open court; no further notice given.

3 - Defendant's [Casey's] Motion to Dismiss Complaint
and Response by Plaintiff [Kronk]
Granted in part; denied in part as stated on the record in open court.
This docket entry/document is not an official order of the Court. (Dkt) (Entered: 11/07/2013)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQlM5aXBMUm9IclE/edit?usp=sharing

--------------------------------

ZENAIDA
11/5/2013
Hearing Proceeding Memo:
APPEARANCES:
David Schrader [for Casey]
Debra Ferwerda [for Casey]
Scott Shuker [for Zenaida]

RULING:
1 - Pretrial on Complaint by Zenaida Gonzalez against Casey Marie Anthony
Nature of Suit: [68 (Dischargeability - 523(a)(6), willful and malicious injury)

2 - Motion To Determine Non-Core Elements of Complaint Filed by R Scott Shuker on behalf of Plaintiff Zenaida Gonzalez

Items 1 and 2 - Cont'd to 1/14/2014 at 11:00 am;
Announced in open court; no further notice given.

3 - Corrective Motion to Dismiss Complaint Filed by David L Schrader on behalf of Defendant Casey Marie Anthony, and Plaintiff's [Zenaida's] Response
Denied; Defendant [Casey] has 21 days to answer.

Note - Sanctions/costs awarded to Mr. Shuker in the amount of $500 against Mr. Schrader and Ms. Ferwerda, jointly and severally, payable within thirty days.

Motion for Protective Order, doc. #18, denied without prejudice.
This docket entry/document is not an official order of the Court. (Dkt) (Entered: 11/06/2013)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpINlNsT3ZRWlJ0THc/edit?usp=sharing

Hooray for the latest news!
Awe Casey, how's it working for you?

Bless You Little Caylee ♥

Thank you Think!!!! So she really is nailed. She pleas and is assumed guilty as charged, she flees and us subject to arrest, or she talks and is either impeached as a liar or revealed as a murderer. Wahoo!

So how will the State go after her? Can't remember...is there already a lien?

So how will the State go after her? Can't remember...is there already a lien?

I'm not sure what happens with the Court Ordered debts?

- Florida Dept Law Enforcement - $ 61,505.12 [court costs - Court Ordered by Judge Perry]

- Metropolitan Bureau of Inv - $ 10,283.90 [judgment for Inv Fees & Costs - Court Ordered by Judge Perry]

- Orange County Florida Clerk of Court - $ 495.00 [court costs]

- Orange County Sheriff's Office - $ 145,660.21 FILED CLAIM (2)
[judgment for Inv Fees & Costs - Court Ordered by Judge Perry]

- State of Florida - $ 50.00 FILED CLAIM (4) - Filed by Linda Drane Burdick - Chief Assistant State Attorney
[Ofc State Atty - judgment for Inv Fees & Costs]
Court Ordered Costs of Prosecution

Maybe the judge finally realized what we all knew and that her attorney even admitted. She filed for bk simply to stop the civil proceedings. To me, this seems like using the court to escape accountability. She wants her payday but knows that the civil cases will take "her" money.

Maybe the judge finally realized what we all knew and that her attorney even admitted. She filed for bk simply to stop the civil proceedings. To me, this seems like using the court to escape accountability. She wants her payday but knows that the civil cases will take "her" money.

I'm not an attorney but to me that means fraud... If he has any sense he will question that half million or so that Baez says she owes him, along with her signed agreement that she owed him nothing more, ever. If she really owed him that much you can bet your bippy she would be denying it , not bragging about it.

So what if any stall tactics can be employed to respond to a "Denied Order?" Can't for once a deny order by a court be just that- a denial to accept any attempt by her to circumvent, thwart, ignore, or lie her way past it?

I really hope this Judge asks Baez for an itemized accounting for this money he now claims he is owed. If this fraudulent amount is disregarded her debts are really not enough to declare bankruptcy IMO- no more than a lot of people find a way to pay off during their lifetime, student loans, mortgage etc.
At her age she should be obliged to buckle down to work it off...:facepalm:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998