GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking it might be problematic for the State that they cannot provide any evidence that mm gave her the drugs, and that she did not take them herself. It helps that she seemed to be tapering of the drugs, but it is not impossible, theoretically, that she took some, got confused, and overdosed herself. enuff for reasonable doubt? Don't know, but for some doubt.

I agree. And his past crimes cannot be brought up until sentencing, but that is the law in murder trials and makes sense in a Democracy ruled country.

The biggest thing I would think the jurors would think is:

Why would a person that just had a facial surgery done ever put her head face down in a tub? Does not make common sense to do so.

What was the blood from on the towels and clothes?

If blood was from face lift, well, something went wrong once home. But, there would not be so much visible blood that others noted it.

Hi,first post here. I have not go to watch all of this trial. I am catching up now. What is the consensus here? Guilty or not? I'm going to watch archives of days I have missed so I can decide. I feel in my gut he is guilty,but don't know if pros proved it or not. I am watching the inmates testimony now.

I hate when I get behind in live trials like this. My luck a verdict will come in when I am catching up!!!!!

Anyway,great to be here. I am a trial fanatic. :greetings:

:Welcome1: I say Guilty. Come back and tell us your opinion

don't have a clue, but no doubt I'll be watching a lame repeat Lifetime movie and keep checking in.:banghead:

Ummmmm. maybe you need Netflix? just sayin.....

Good Grief. Just tuned in HLN and Spencer is STILL on that lying time line chart.

Yes it was, that's how I found out about live-streamed trials, when In Session handed off coverage to HLN I about went out of my mind with HLN's constant commercials and silliness that I looked online for the trial and found the station in Fla. that live streamed it and watched the rest that way. I didn't know about WS then otherwise my post number would probably be tenfold. lol

Jabberwalkie ;)

I think I would feel so emotionally let down after that, I couldn't make an investment in another one.

Yes it was, that's how I found out about live-streamed trials, when In Session handed off coverage to HLN I about went out of my mind with HLN's constant commercials and silliness that I looked online for the trial and found the station in Fla. that live streamed it and watched the rest that way. I didn't know about WS then otherwise my post number would probably be tenfold. lol

Jabberwalkie ;)

We must be twins from different parents because HLN's commerical laden programming of the Casey Anthony's trial caused me to web search for another livestream until I found the one from a local TV company broadcasting it in Florida. I don't think I ran across this website until my attention was caught by what happened to the lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare and the woman who scammed him out of his remaining millions, put a bullet in his head and planted him in the backyard of the mansion she stole from him.

I'm thinking it might be problematic for the State that they cannot provide any evidence that mm gave her the drugs, and that she did not take them herself. It helps that she seemed to be tapering of the drugs, but it is not impossible, theoretically, that she took some, got confused, and overdosed herself. enuff for reasonable doubt? Don't know, but for some doubt.

That was my fear in the beginning. When you put together all the other facts following I have to go with the State.

Stick around for the next trial. This was a tame forum. Sometimes things can get heated.:blushing:

I am fairly new here and have really enjoyed all the comments here...some pretty keen legal minds and it really makes watching the trial so much more interesting. I suspect many are like me that have no one in their lives that get into a trial like they do. I don't know anyone that even knows about this trial let alone talk in detail about it. Thanks and do post as to what trials are coming up that seem interesting?

Good Grief. Just tuned in HLN and Spencer is STILL on that lying time line chart.

Spencer is like what happens when I eat raw onions on hamburgers or in salads. They repeat on me over and over again.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 40s The #MartinMacNeill jury has been deliberating for about 2 hours now. The latest on @fox13now @ 4! #MacNeilltrial

That was my fear in the beginning. When you put together all the other facts following I have to go with the State.

Same here ... Lots of circumstantial evidence.... All of it pointing
straight at Martin
I say Guilty of Murder

Does the judge and attorneys come back in court to release the jurors for the day?

Also I never heard a definite answer that they were going to deliberate tomorrow.

I am thinking a verdict Tuesday or late tomorrow if they are in deliberation.

If they don't deliberate on Saturday, I am thinking Wednesday.

but I feel bad that "kid rock" is not on the jury....:blushing:

I just remembered Monday is Veterans Day! So no court that day for sure. Here is the link to Utah courts. Go to Provo and down on page 5 it shows this trial. Does anyone know FOR SURE if they will be deliberating tomorrow (Sat.)?

https://www.utcourts.gov/lawlibrary/holidays.html

It wasn't easy. One must move on.....

Being here in Utah, the big let-down for me has been Susan Powell. I was numb when I heard about Josh and the boys. There will never be justice on that one.

I do appreciate the fact that his dad's life has basically been ruined.

Don't know for sure about Saturday

On the previous thread, a poster brought up a significant point IMO that has not been touched on by the prosecution nor defense. The neighbor, Doug ?, the guy MM needed to get Michelle out of the tub testified that MM hit Michelle's chest a couple of times prior to his feeble attempt at CPR. If I understand this correctly, MM did a precordial thump, not once but several times.

A Precordial thump is only done in a witnessed arrest within 60 seconds or on a monitored patient in pulseless V Tach or vfib. It is no longer part of CPR protocol because patients sustain more injuries from it. It can actually cause the patient to go into asystole where the heart stops. Asystole I.e. cardiac arrest is a lethal heart rhythm. It can also break the sternum.

Hmmmmmm. I wonder..... JMV

Me, too, one has to wonder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members