GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't here with you all during the trial but read at night. This weekend was spent watching the trial on You Tube.
I could hardly bear to even look at MM knowing what he did to his beautiful wife and family.
MM was always a criminal with a criminal mindset. I am so very thankful this evil 'thing' has been convicted! It will not bring Michelle back, but it does at least give her justice.
GB the beautiful daughters that never gave up.
Hope MM gets life without parole................

moo
I followed the trial as you did, read the posts here, however didn't post until after the verdict. There just wasn't much to add except repeatedly posting "guilty". It was that obvious, in my opinion.

MOO

(shortened for space)

So.....what's next my trial watching friends...what trial do we move onto next?
Hmmmmmm?

The following are the murder trials I am waiting for......all to begin sometime in early 2014:

Aaron Hernandez (ex NFL NE Patriot) - murder, gun running and gang affiliation
Jordan Graham - pushed her newlywed husband Cody Johnson off a cliff
Uta von Schwedler - murdered by her husband Dr. Brickman Wall (this is a copycat of McNeill. Also in Utah). This doctor drowned his wife and she was full of xanax.

Until 2014, I am open to suggestions.

Originally Posted by turaj View Post
I just saw a bit of an interview Jean C did with Alexis...hopefully there will be more. It would be helpful if sleuths would post here if they hear about an interview with anyone on this case. I really want more info and the verdict coming when it did has meant not much till maybe Monday night. They also mentioned that besides the victim impact statements MM himself can speak. I wonder if he will? If so that will be a must watch for sure.

I didn't see this anywhere, so forgive me if it is a repeat.
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27582182&ni...rder-conviction&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-3

This is a short snip-it video of Alexis speaking. Probably a preview of the interview you are speaking of in the above posts. Just FYI ;)

Long night last night! I was awakened by voices on my computer (I had left the live link to the trial open and fallen asleep) when the courtroom became active once again upon the request by the jury to re-listen to the 911 tape. And the CD they had been provided would not play. At that point the judge sent an inquiry to the jury to ask if they wanted to break for the night and come back in the morning.

The jury said they wanted to continue! (The judge looked slightly perturbed at this answer from the jury. But he did NOT order them to stop deliberating, as I assume he could have.)

The attendant drama of the court trying to enable the jury to hear the 911 call certainly kept me awake! It seemed the court was stymied. They did not want to send a computer back to the jury. No one present in the courtroom was able to copy the tape. There was even an inquiry of the press members present, asking if THEY knew how to copy the tape! Finally, the Prosecutor had to leave the courthouse, go to his office, and copy the tape there.

The drama intensified when the judge called the Prosecutor at his office to ask how things were going with the copying. He was told it would be finished in about 10-15 minutes. It was at that point, I believe, that the judge shared a statement from the jury that listening to the 911 tape would be the last piece of evidence they needed to review and then they would render a decision.

So everyone was pretty much on notice from that point on that there would be a verdict coming shortly. The gallery began to fill with press, family members, and spectators. Cathy from CourtChatter was in the courtroom all that time tweeting.

At midnight, the Great Seal of the State of Utah spontaneously fell off the wall, to the great surprise of those waiting in the hot and crowded courtroom. (Air conditioning in the building had been shut off at 5:00PM) I am not a person who believes in the paranormal. I have a great tendency to put things down to coincidence. But I do wonder, what are the chances of that Seal just falling off the wall at precisely midnight on a night when there just happens to be the unusual presence of all these people awaiting a verdict in a trial? Likely few trials had EVER gone this late in this courtroom! Strange, strange occurrence, wasn't it?

In any case, workers came into the courtroom, drilled new holes into the wall, and rehung the Great Seal. All of which we learned by tweet. Word got passed that since all parties were present in the courtroom already, the agreed upon 45 minute wait between the announcement of and the reading of the verdict would be waived.

Next, the judge was live, announcing there was a verdict. Everything then went very quickly, with jury brought in, verdict given to bailiff, then to judge, then read aloud. There was a loud, spontaneous outcry, presumably from the family members when the word "GUILTY" was read for Count #1, murder.

I did not perceive the reaction of the family members to be "horrified" at the verdict. I took it to be a release of a huge flood of long pent-up emotions. Hey, women cry. And these women cried. Wracking, shaking sobs. And I don't blame them a bit! I'd have done the same.

I think for the next few days the jury members will be taking the time to educate themselves to ALL the facts in this case. Won't they be happy with themselves for bringing in that GUILTY verdict?

I was glad to read that the family got to meet with the jurors after the verdict. And I am surely hoping we hear from at least a few of them!

Was not following the case all the way through, so thank you for this summary of the verdict watch!

And I must say that I respect this judge for being open about the case (at lesat during verdict watch!), reading the questions out loud and even the statement from the jury that the 911 call was the last thing they needed before they made their decision.

I have become used to secrecy in the Arias trial where sometimes the public wasn't told about a jury question. Also in Arizona, the Chrisman trial....we never got to hear a single jury question in that case, even though there were about 12, or was it 15 or 16? They were all handled "behind the scenes," they claimed it was b/c the defendant waived his right to be there, but I suspect that even if he was there we would not have heard the questions in public.

So kudos to the judge....

Grunander has reportedly stated that there were parts of this case that were potentially problematic and that a lot of district attorneys wouldn't have filed these charges. However when he met with the jury after the trial, they indicated to him that the potentially problematic parts weren't important to them. They also apparently told Linda Cluff that MM destroying evidence was key to them.

www.deseretnews.com/article/8655902...Neill-of-murdering-his-wife-in-2007.html?pg=1

Does anyone know if these 2 are going to represent him in his case in Dec.?
I believe the female att. reps sex offenders. I really disliked her and her tone of voice on cross. If she acts like that with Alexis, it could really put the jury off.

One big problem is that Alexis has a recording of MM admitting what he did to her and telling her he thought she was her mother and, well, a man has his needs... :blushing:

Grunander has reportedly stated that there were parts of this case that were potentially problematic and that a lot of district attorneys wouldn't have filed these charges. However when he met with the jury after the trial, they indicated to him that the potentially problematic parts weren't important to them. They also apparently told Linda Cluff that MM destroying evidence was key to them.

www.deseretnews.com/article/8655902...Neill-of-murdering-his-wife-in-2007.html?pg=1

Thanks for your comments and the link.

I hope so much that the family is very thoughtful when they make their comments at sentencing. A litany of the suffering that the family has experienced will have NO effect on someone like MM. However, if they talk about how all the people who previously admired him, people whom he admired, professional associates,etc. all now know that he is a liar, a diabolical manipulator, a sordid *advertiser censored* watcher & adulterer, and ultimately a clumsy & base killer without integrity. That will have a painful impact because he is only concerned with his perception of himself.

He is a narcissist and more. He doesn't care about the feelings and thoughts of Linda nor his children, but he does care about himself. If you want to damage him, make it clear that he is now fully revealed for the fraud and evil-doer that he is to the people whose opinion he valued.

If I were the one to make the statement, I would consult expert Pat Brown (criminal profiler, psychologist and over-all brilliant woman. Here is link to a contact: http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.de.) I would endeavor to make a statement that would really stick w/ Marty. I would remind him it is no longer appropriate to call him "doctor" - despite his jailhouse nickname of Doc.

MM cares not one whit about the family's suffering. He cares only about himself and I would do all in my power to shatter what he believes his "image" is. If necessary, let Kim accomplish this. She seems pretty able to address painful emotional matters with calm and clarity.

Just my 2 cents.

PS I'd also clearly tell him that his "great love" Gypsy is now sharing & laughing about all of their most private conversations and plans with her new boyfriend - a former inmate. Also, tell him that she will soon complete her training and will be a full-fledged truck driver. I don't think that is the image he wants to have of her.

Very interesting article.Thank you for posting this.it would appear that the jurors saw what we all saw....kudos to the jurors!

I hope so much that the family is very thoughtful when they make their comments at sentencing. A litany of the suffering that the family has experienced will have NO effect on someone like MM. However, if they talk about how all the people who previously admired him, people whom he admired, professional associates,etc. all now know that he is a liar, a diabolical manipulator, a sordid *advertiser censored* watcher & adulterer, and ultimately a clumsy & base killer without integrity. That will have a painful impact because he is only concerned with his perception of himself.

He is a narcissist and more. He doesn't care about the feelings and thoughts of Linda nor his children, but he does care about himself. If you want to damage him, make it clear that he is now fully revealed for the fraud and evil-doer that he is to the people whose opinion he valued.

If I were the one to make the statement, I would consult expert Pat Brown (criminal profiler, psychologist and over-all brilliant woman. Here is link to a contact: http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.de.) I would endeavor to make a statement that would really stick w/ Marty. I would remind him it is no longer appropriate to call him "doctor" - despite his jailhouse nickname of Doc.

MM cares not one whit about the family's suffering. He cares only about himself and I would do all in my power to shatter what he believes his "image" is. If necessary, let Kim accomplish this. She seems pretty able to address painful emotional matters with calm and clarity.

Just my 2 cents.

PS I'd also clearly tell him that his "great love" Gypsy is now sharing & laughing about all of their most private conversations and plans with her new boyfriend - a former inmate. Also, tell him that she will soon complete her training and will be a full-fledged truck driver. I don't think that is the image he wants to have of her.

A sociopath like Martin has no feelings...if you take the time to study his eyes during testimonies it is clear that he has no soul. Gypsy is his Achilles heel and the only time he showed any emotion at all.
Roll on big momma....:twocents:

Just my 2 cents.

I think they should say whatever makes them feel better and discount him completely. It does not matter what he thinks or impact on him, IMO. He killed their mother. There is nothing worse he could do to them.

I think they should just let out whatever it is they need to say because I believe this will be the last time they ever speak to him...

Other than Alexis who has another case against him still pending I believe.

I agree with Italy and Scarlett above, MM involved his entire family, all of his children in his murderous, self absorbed plot. They are all forever burdened. I wanted to reach out to a couple of them, that I fully understood, especially about blacking it all out, maybe even a few years gone, and tell them it is okay. It is okay to talk about it. It is okay, but I know harmful for months having to relive the memories and pain. The confusion and depression. Sometimes relief comes through a stranger's words. We understand. We do not judge.

Man, there is no way you could not feel their pain with them. May love and light find them and bring them some peace.

I decided my previous question was unacceptable, and could help defense in that case, so I deleted it. Guess we will find out.

I agree with Italy and Scarlett above, MM involved his entire family, all of his children in his murderous, self absorbed plot. They are all forever burdened. I wanted to reach out to a couple of them, that I fully understood, especially about blacking it all out, maybe even a few years gone, and tell them it is okay. It is okay to talk about it. It is okay, but I know harmful for months to relive the memories. Sometimes relief comes through a stranger's words. We understand. We do not judge.

Man, there is no way you could not feel their pain with them. May love and light find them and bring them some peace.

This whole family has much healing to do, and I believe this conviction is the first step in allowing the healing to begin.

I think they should say whatever makes them feel better and discount him completely. It does not matter what he thinks or impact on him, IMO. He killed their mother. There is nothing worse he could do to them.

I think they should just let out whatever it is they need to say because I believe this will be the last time they ever speak to him...

Other than Alexis who has another case against him still pending I believe.

I agree that they should say whatever makes them feel better. For me (& I'm speaking only for myself), knowing that I had planted something in his evil, twisted mind that would forever torture him would be what I would want to do. I would be unwilling to share my personal feelings, pain & emotions with him.

I am very grateful that courts now allow families, victims & others impacted by crimes the opportunity to make comments before sentencing. Regardless of what one chooses to say, it is wonderful they have the opportunity.

This whole family has much healing to do, and I believe this conviction is the first step in allowing the healing to begin.

Me too. I think it is a major break through moment. The light at the end of the tunnel, just got very, very bright, and very, very close. That is fantastic!

Just my 2 cents.

Wow so she has a former inmate for a boyfriend? why am i not suprised? Truck driver? how did you find this out? just curious

The following are the murder trials I am waiting for......all to begin sometime in early 2014:

Aaron Hernandez (ex NFL NE Patriot) - murder, gun running and gang affiliation
Jordan Graham - pushed her newlywed husband Cody Johnson off a cliff
Uta von Schwedler - murdered by her husband Dr. Brickman Wall (this is a copycat of McNeill. Also in Utah). This doctor drowned his wife and she was full of xanax.

Until 2014, I am open to suggestions.

Bob Bashara case in Michigan. Hired handyman with low IQ, Joseph Getz, to kill his wife. BDSM, sex dungeon, set up mistress he met online with house, solicited for second woman from Eugene Oregon (also found online in BDSM forum ) to move in for threesome arrangements.

Yeah , Master Bob's case next year is one for your consideration to follow.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Bob Bashara case in Michigan. Hired handyman with low IQ, Joseph Getz, to kill his wife. BDSM, sex dungeon, set up mistress he met online with house, solicited for second woman from Eugene Oregon (also found online in BDSM forum ) to move in for threesome arrangements.

Yeah , Master Bob's case next year is one for your consideration to follow.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Oooohhhh ...that one is coming up? You know I will be there !

I heard the verdict over the weekend and was so relieved. Those three M.E.s had me concerned. I just hoped that all the 'wrong' things in this 'accidental drowning, heart problems, drug overdosing' case would have to result in the one end that made sense. That MacNeill murdered Michele.

My heart goes out to Michele's daughters and family. They accomplish justice for their dead mother and did the worst thing in the world by condemning their father. What an awful man to put his family in this position.

I'd like to see Gypsy get her due too because IMO she was instrumental in this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123