Identified! MA - Brockton, Skeletal remains found by dog, Nov'13 - Bruce Gomes

It's a bit far, but there is also Charles Allen, Jr. (Aka Neo Maximus Babson) of Dartmouth.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5708/8/

There's another guy listed missing out of Plymouth, but from 1957.

I'm going to guess that our UID isn't on NAMUS, though. Brockton can be a tough city (used to live there, and actually not too far from where these remains were found) and I'm going to guess that folks missing from there might not always have the resources/help/knowledge of NAMUS and getting a missing person on there. Gonna take a look around via google and other missing sites, see if I can find anyone else.

Has it been said what part of East St the remains were found on? One one end, it's close to where the grounds of Massasoit CC back up to Thatcher St, and at least in the 80s, there were paths in the little wooded area there and spots where teens would hang out and drink/smoke pot/get up to trouble (not saying how I know :innocent: ). On the other end, it's getting towards the Davis school and little subdivision type neighborhoods. You also have the convent and nursing home in the area (I did my confirmation service project at the nursing home), but I'd think that if an elder were missing they'd definitely be on NAMUS and have more publicity.

An odd spot for remains. It's not like its in a very well travelled area of the city, where there's stores or shops or other reasons to go up there by car, unless you lived up there or something. If there's a secluded spot there, you'd almost have to know its there beforehand.

Just trying to figure out why that spot/what would bring someone up there.

I'm somewhat familiar with that area as my hubby is a Massasoit grad and I agree, it's an odd spot for remains to be found. Something about that area is telling me that this is not your average Brockton homicide... I do think that one of the local missing men has finally been found. I just hope police are able to figure out which one.

Dang, I don't think he was on any list anywhere. Very sad. I saw his address given as battles st I think - battles farm has always been a very tough area of the city, I'm sure it still is. Wonder if Mr Gomes was caught up in something criminal, or was a wrong place/wrong time kind of thing.

Very sad for his family, that his disappearance apparently didn't get much attention. How many other people are out there that even we who follow these cases closely don't know about? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back