FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always found this article interesting.

it states that detectives got credible tips that JK was being held alive at houses a few miles from her place. According to the article, dated 2/13/06, (shortly after JK vanished) SWAT teams moved in on two houses on 40th Street near Rio Grande Avenue.

Also says that patrol officers who work the streets have heard talk that Kesse is still alive (this was a few weeks after her disappearance) and being held at a boarding house a few miles from her condo on Orange Blossom Trail. The detectives met with a tipster who reported this and it was so credible they moved in with SWAT teams a few hours later.

Also mentioned is police saying they believe many people know about the person or people who abducted Jennifer. I have no idea where those streets are in relation to Mosaic at Millenia

www.wftv.com/news/7000940/detail.html

Enrique

Yes, I remember that tip. LE really thought they had Jk, and that she was safe.

Didn't that tip end up being a case of mistaken identity?

Wasn't it a person who resembled JK, but, who was a "drug addict", and was also named Jennifer?

Those are the type of tips that solve cases.

IF LE gets one or two more of that type, this case will be solved.

There has to be a "word" on the street about this case. Somebody has to know something.

Who know's, the perp. could currently be incarcerated for another crime.

That is why LE should look at all rapists, murders, etc since Jk went missing. Not to mention sending fliers to parole agents, bounty hunters, etc. who know the "bad guys", and the word

left

leftcoast,

I don't recall it being a mistaken identity, the article just stated that it turned out to be a false lead. I'd love to know what the tipster said, the cops sure seemed like it was the real deal.

I looked up sex offenders on a 5 mile radius from Mosaic and there was well over 100. That's a lot. Not saying it was a registered sex offender who abducted her but I was struck by how many there were.

I, too, feel that the answers are close by. I think the family should offer a great deal of money just for any information leading to JK. Unfortunately there's a 99.9999% chance she's no longer alive. $1 million for a safe return is nice but why not add and $250,000 for any credible information leading to her kidnapper or to her dead or alive. Or however much they can offer.

this is some mystery

Enrique

I know how I would solve this case if I were the Kesse's, and I am almost 100% convinced it will work.

All it takes is little media, a little money, and an idea I have.

I think it will lead to that POI, within a week of the offer.

left

I believe there was a blonde prostitute who caused a lot of confusion. It was said she was a 'double' of JK.

Thanks for the link ES. This line took my eye:

The 24-year-old MetroWest woman vanished three weeks ago. Since then, authorities have scoured the area on horseback, with cadaver dogs and hundreds of volunteers. But after all that, this was the first good lead they'd gotten.

It took 19 days to get their first good lead. That shows how tough the case is.

Left, it sounds like you have an idea that is quite special. You should put it to someone but quite frankly I don't know who.
Maybe Mr & Mrs Kesse or even the OPD.

:laugh: Sorry, this struck me as funny.

Left will be able to put me right on this.

On a more serious note, I've just been reading up on this mystery over the past few days and I want to say how impressed I am with this group. You obviously know this case very well and your posts are well thought out.

I did have one thought a few pages back when I think it was SS who was suggesting contacting the press. The uncovering of the crime at Mosaic with the apartment rating site was a stroke of genius. It sounds like this has never been reported and I bet any reporter would be interested in this "new" angle. Why not email the reporter a link to that website?

My heart goes out to Jennifer's poor parents.

Respectfully, Utopia

Nice one Utopia:D . I had a chuckle myself. I never noticed it at the time.

:laugh: Sorry, this struck me as funny.

On a more serious note, I've just been reading up on this mystery over the past few days and I want to say how impressed I am with this group. You obviously know this case very well and your posts are well thought out.

I did have one thought a few pages back when I think it was SS who was suggesting contacting the press. The uncovering of the crime at Mosaic with the apartment rating site was a stroke of genius. It sounds like this has never been reported and I bet any reporter would be interested in this "new" angle. Why not email the reporter a link to that website?

My heart goes out to Jennifer's poor parents.

Respectfully, Utopia

wow does this mean I'm a genius! :dance:

this case does make me wonder.

Why haven't the press been interviewing Jk's neighbors?
or her co-worker's?

We live in a time when media is lazy, and they want the headline story,but, don't want to do the leg work.

I don't understand why a local media outlet doesnt' do an in depth look at this case, re-interview poor Rob, see if he recalls anything, and why haven't the friends been interviewed on tv?

why all the silence?

when someone is missing, any press is good? It will get the story out. I just get the feeling that someone is pulling the media's strings, telling them what they can say, and when they can say it.

I even heard rumors that co-workers were being censored.

Is that really what freedom of speech is about?

left

Yes Left the media coverage has been poor from the start.

I suggested months ago this case needs a top investigative reporter.
I also wanted hard questions asked not human relations stories.

You watch the media coverage disappear now the novelty of the new video has worn off.

I would also liked to have seen detectives interviewed rather that the OPD PR person.
They might not disclose much but you can still see the eyes and body language.

Quite frankly I don't know where we go from here.

Yes Left the media coverage has been poor from the start.

I suggested months ago this case needs a top investigative reporter.
I also wanted hard questions asked not human relations stories.

You watch the media coverage disappear now the novelty of the new video has worn off.

I would also liked to have seen detectives interviewed rather that the OPD PR person.
They might not disclose much but you can still see the eyes and body language.

Quite frankly I don't know where we go from here.

Agreed

I don't know about your city, county, etc, but where I live individual police officers, FBI agents, etc. are forbidden to talk to the press.

Only assigned "media spokepeople" are allowed to be interviewed by the press.

It is sad how much censorship there is out there. However, I do understand some of it. If a police officer says, yes, we suspect so and so, they can potentially be sued, or could give away clues to the case.

I'm not singling out Orlando PD, but, if we don't know what is going on being closed doors at our police departments, officers are muzzled, then how do we know cases are getting attention, and we certainly won't know if cases are cold due to error.

yes, one thing I have learned related to this case.

If one of my loved one's goes missing. I, that is "me", will become the lead detective. I will do my own parallel investigation, start my own website, my own e-mail account for tips, etc. I might also hire a P.I. or use family friends who are retired police officers. I'm not going to allow others to tell me that I can't look for my own daughter. Not going to happen.

I will not rely on the police. They just don't have the resources, nor do I agree with keeping back that video from the public for so long.

Who knows, if that video was released from day one, this case may have been solved a year ago.

While I disagree with that decision, I realize that OPD is doing their best job, and does care about solving this case. However, I think the community needs to put more pressure on the chief, mayor, city council, etc. so that Orlando can get back their reputation.

There is a saying, "the sqeaky wheel gets the grease", and it fits. It is so true in life.

left

BTW

I just wanted to say "thanks" to everyone on this board.

It is nice to know there are people who will share their knowledge, their research, their time, all in the hopes of finding a young woman that none of us knows personally. I think each of us knows, Jk could be our daughter, our sister, our cousin, etc.

If the rest of the United States cared for our missing as much as the people on this board, I feel the majority of cases would be solved, and the families would have closure.

Orlando PD cant' do this alone. They need the assistance from the community, and hopefully somebody, maybe a battered wife, a brother, a sister, or someone, will be brave up to step up and spill the beans related to the POI.

We, as a country, are suppose to take care of each other, and sharing our ideas is a great way to start. Let's hope the people of Orlando spend this weekend thinking of JK, and her family, instead of worrying about their vacation homes, their speed boats, and themselves.

All this case needs is that one tip.

could this be the weekend?

left

Nice words Left and I'd like nothing more than to see the critical tip arrive by this weekend.

From what I've read I believe the OPD detectives have covered a lot of territory in this case.
I think they would admit they were a bit slow off the mark but I guess that has a lot to with the way missing persons are treated.
The police can't drop everything for every missing person because there are thousands of them every month. Most are just runaways or because of lovers spats or even people who just want to get some space for themselves.

Every now and again I get the horrors that LE don't know much more than we do.
I keep thinking of how reluctant they appear to have been about releasing this latest video.
Was it all they had up there sleeve?

I often think to myself....'right at this very moment the perpetrator is doing something someplace.'
I don't believe these evil people have enough conscience to even have nightmares.

i didnt get to read everything this morning, I have to go to work:confused: .
But i was thinking he walked from the car through mosaic to or toward the mall.
could he be a valet driver?

Yes, our resident genius on this one is Enrique! I just posted things I found there after he linked it before! It was a stoke of genius, Enrique! Hats off to ya!:clap:

We get some confirmation on the keys floating around and directly being responsible for crimes being commited IN her complex. I think there is so much more to be gained from talking not only to the people on that thread, but to go back now and talk to everyone living there once again. Here is where the police had a serious breakdown, in my opinion. The first canvassing of the complex didn't have information such as this to be asking the right questions of the tenants.

As far as the reporter goes, I haven't done that yet. I have been checking out different news organizations and trying to figure out who would put the real effort into such a story. I believe it is a great lead and would hate for it to be discounted or not followed up on adequately. (It is too bad WS doesn't have organized groups in different areas willing to go to lengths to canvas and do some leg work for these cases. Going in groups would make the task less daunting and safer, plus I think we would be actually more effective! IMO)

SS I think BB is suggesting that the mall itself opens earlier than the stores in it. They do at my local mall. I think "mall walkers" like to go early and get their exercise in before the stores open and it gets too busy.

:doh: I didn't know they did that! (Tells you what a morning person I really am! I have never been to a mall before noonish in entire life! LOL)

Speaking of the mall, I do think there is some connection there. I was thinking it had something to do with one of the workers that used to be employed by Mosaic or one of the companies associated such as construction. I honestly have never heard of a valet service at a mall, but would be a good place to look!

They wouldn't blink an eye at one of their guys driving a strange car either. He could have parked it himself and picked it up again at noon. Plus there would be some great hiding places in the 'belly' of a huge mall like that. Nooks and crannies someone knew and would also know the traffic in that particular area. I do hope they went over every camera inside and out of that property, but I am willing to bet they didn't go far enough. They probably only looked at the main outside cams for her car. If a person were familiar with those cams, they would know how to avoid them.

I think this is a good lead, Beyond!

i didnt get to read everything this morning, I have to go to work:confused: .
But i was thinking he walked from the car through mosaic to or toward the mall.
could he be a valet driver?

good thought. Drumstick actually had the same idea months ago. good minds think alike.

left

regarding the mall

We have discussed that scenario before. Why didnt' the POI just leave that car at the mall? IT would have been a much closer walk. Some possible answers.

One is that he works at the mall, or spends a lot time there

Another is that is where JK was abducted, and he wanted to get away from the crime scene.

Another is that if you leave a car at the mall, it will be discoverd much sooner, than an apartment complex. That car would have been recovered the first evening, and the heat would have been on.

Also, there is much more traffic, witnesses, and don't forget the camera's at the mall.

Who's to say the person doesn't live at Mosaic, was at the mall, ran into Jk, and abducted her. It actually makes some sense. could Jk have offered a ride to a person in need, maybe someone she knew, a neighbor, who attacked her?

What about a security guard? the black shoes, uniform? hat? fits in, nobody would look twice.

left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member