**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

Status
Not open for further replies.
My screen resolution is 800x600. I've never had any problems with the forums not resizing to fit my screen before, but today when I logged in, I had to side scroll right due to width issues. I'm assuming it may have something to do with the advertising banners?

My screen resolution is 800x600. I've never had any problems with the forums not resizing to fit my screen before, but today when I logged in, I had to side scroll right due to width issues. I'm assuming it may have something to do with the advertising banners?
was this on a specific thread or throughout the whole forum?

Why am I being logged off from WS every ten minutes even while I may be posting or just reading? I have checked "remember me" box but have the same problem. I have to log on multiple times a day or night. Help?

Try logging off and clearing your cookies. Then sign on and click the remember me box.

was this on a specific thread or throughout the whole forum?
The grey background is still centered in my browser without having to scroll.

The forum area /was before/ centered in the middle of the grey background and if I remember correctly, had margins of equal width on each side. Everything above the new advertisement banners is still this way.

The forum area /now/ below the advertisement banners has the usual margin on the left, but on the right, it terminates right at the edge of the grey background as do the advertisement banners themselves.

The actual boxes for posts, threads, thread listings, etc. are what are extending off the screen to the right and causing my screen to scroll.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this questions, but it seems appropriate enough since only the sites owner and moderators would know the answer.

My question: On another Vbulletin message board, I can go into UserCP and set my invisibility settings to show that I am offline at all times, which is what I choose as I really don't like people knowing how long I am spending on a message board, but I am weird like that.
It seems that I cannot do so on this board, is there any reason why this feature is not used?

Thanks,
E*E

Thank you.

ETA: If I just thought about it to begin with, I can just as easily sign out and sign back in when I want to post something.

E*E

Thanks for blue line that separates the stickies from the threads. It's really helpful.

Hi. I've got a little question about something that annoys me.

When one posts on a poll thread, a subscription is automatically added (like all threads), which is fine, as I want to see subsequent posts.

However, whenever I check my "subscribed threads," the poll thread is very nearly always bolded as containing updates, even when there are no new posts.

The only thing I can think, and this was suggested by other posters, is that it is because someone voted in the poll, but did not leave a comment.

Is there any way that polls votes can not count as updates for my subscription list, or is my only option to either unsubscribe to the thread or put up with the tease?

(I do realize I can tell by the "last post" date and poster to see if it is really a new post or not, but I can't stand leaving it bolded as a "new post" so I usually go just to get rid of it off my list. I know, I know: Anal much?)

how do I contact a mod/admin in private :D I was looking to send a PM or similar but just don't seem to be able to find the right link for that here sorry :D

The View Forum Leaders link is at the bottom of each page.

Thanks , I did find that page but could not see a private message link (there is a contact column but its blank and if I visit a profile like yours I see the option to leave a message on your board but not send you a private one)

but it might just be me missing something :)

how do I contact a mod/admin in private :D I was looking to send a PM or similar but just don't seem to be able to find the right link for that here sorry :D

You might need more posts to have PM use.

Thanks to both of you for replying, I should have guessed it was a newbie restriction :D I'll do email until I have enough

Last night, my font sizes suddenly changed, but only for WS, and only for parts of it. It looks like the logo and ad sizes have gotten much larger. Was any work done on the site last night, or is it my computer?

Not a thing was changed.
Okay thanks! Problem solved: somehow in Firefox, my text got zoomed in, just needed to reset, it was normal in IE!

I have made this request before, but I'll do it again here, with great passion. Is there any chance WS will reverse its policy on editing of posts? In one of my threads, there are some old posts I would really, really, really - being the perfectionist I am - like to edit, to add photos and make the odd correction.

I realize the limited-time editing has some purpose, which is I guess to prevent people from expediently changing what they have written in a controversial post, but I have seen this editing policy at none of the many other vBulletin forums I visit, which may be instructive to you. My feeling is it does more harm than good, because people like me, who have innocent intentions, are prevented from making helpful changes to their posts.

Maybe keep the limited-time editing in place in only the Political forum, or in other areas where controversy tends to erupt, and change the other sections to allow indefinite editing. I would really like to be able to be able to improve my past posts when the necessity arises. For instance, now that I have figured out why images I posted weren't appearing (a simple problem whose answer had eluded me since I joined), I want to add photos to many of my posts in the "Unsolved Toronto Crimes" thread, as well as re-posting a few helpful maps and photos that mysteriously disappeared from Imageshack. I'm running out of available crimes to profile in that thread, which I have spent an enormous amount of time creating, so the thread will soon go dormant for at least the foreseeable future. Therefore, I would have plenty of time to go back and add in the aforementioned supplementary material, if that were possible.

Please reconsider.

It's not so much a policy as it is a board-wide setting. The time limit applies to the entire board. We've had this discussion before, it's not that we don't understand the issue but that we've decided how we're going to do it here. Other boards are different, but this is how we do it here for now. Previous discussion:

Timeline Format Brainstorming Session - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks. Well, I'm glad it's not set in stone for eternity, and that a modification is a possibility. I really do hope you decide to make the change, but I understand you have to weigh the benefits and drawbacks.

I should point out that, in many cases, posts that have proven especially provocative or pejorative have been forever memorialized by having been subsequently quoted by someone posting a rebuttal or reproach.

I have noticed that when I attempt to open this site up that it seems to be slow to pull up. I notice the same thing when I attempt to enter a forum. Is this by design or should I run a scan? If you feel a scan is needed, do you have particular ones that work better?

Novice Seeker

I have two questions:

1) Is there an area on WS that lists sites that we are not allowed to link to? (and if no, can there be one?)

2) Has this question been asked before?

Darn it, I'm tired of having to delete precious confidential important pm's. I'm keeping 90 at all times, and have to delete over and over. I've gotten to the point, that the importance of pm's is so important concerning family, private issues, BLessings, healings, etc.... I don't know what to do and keep an empty pm box for future pm's.

I have saw the scroll down bar below pm's says your options to delete, move to folders etc.... If I move my pm's, will they be saved? How do I find them when I want to review or cross reference, or bring to remembrance for a specific reason? I did about 20, but still won't delete them yet as I'm not confidant that they are saved and moved to a file folder.

What's the limit on moving to file folders at websleuths? I noticed when I looked at the new moved pm's the formatting is changed to a data looking spread sheet. LOL Sort of takes away some of the emotion, feelings, and atmosphere. But I can deal with that. As I wouldn't even know how to save them in a file on my personal computer and don't feel I have a right to remove them from websleuths property overall.

What can I do to keep these pm's, keep the privacy, open up my pms, and know with confidence their saved, as the members expect me to fully remember their pm's in detail, their requests, and I can and could but need my ability to pull up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637