OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the fact that it's been reported that both of the parents are disabled and, one would assume, thus getting monthly SSI checks---and would thus need an address to which those payments could be mailed---I'd vote for "voluntarily disappeared."

I agree with ya that it's not a voluntary disappearance. They get probably either SSI or SSD checks and they need an address. It wouldn't be easy for them to just drop off the map if they rely on those checks for income.

Can anyone get NG on this. Dont get me wrong, I personally can stand the show...BOMB SHELL, but she is better than nothing!

If i wish NG would do this case, i don't like her rudeness, however this case really needs any publicity it can get =(

I agree with ya that it's not a voluntary disappearance. They get probably either SSI or SSD checks and they need an address. It wouldn't be easy for them to just drop off the map if they rely on those checks for income.

I'm wondering if the man got some sort of lump sum payout for the car accident injuries he suffered in the past. If so, he could have left "a significant amount of money" in the truck as a ruse, and they could be establishing new identities and living well off the remainder. Just a thought.

I agree I do not think that the only income they had were SSI checks. With the amount of money found in the car, as well as the in home VIDEO security system, the fact that they like to travel to timeshares, and last but not least the purchase of the new truck (and looking to purchase 40 acres and possibly a shipping container). I am thinking that there must be some sort of settlement or something.

looks like they settled out of court on 3/28/07 with the date that case was originally filed on being: 05/03/05. So that means the accident happened before 05/05 and that there might be some not so happy people who might have some reason to want to see Bobby disappear. Looks like the accident happened in Norman OK. I also found out Bobbys Social security # as well as b day.

Has anyone seen anywhere the name of the Gas station that was in dispute between Bobby and his father.

There is a rumor on a website about a suicide note, can I post the link?

It was said both parents were on disability. I would assume that means they both got SSD. Now if you get SSD, you can only have a certain amount of money in the bank (i think around $2500) before the govt will take it.

I haven't been following all that closely, but do we know if they were on SSI or SSDI? The medical requirements for a disability determination are the same, but while SSI has an asset limit, SSDI (which is based on prior work, and generally a higher monthly amount) has no asset limit. You could be a millionaire and still receive SSDI benefits.

More information at links, if anyone is interested.

http://www.ashcraftandgerel.com/ssdisab.html#Introduction
http://www.ssa.gov/d&s1.htm

There is a rumor on a website about a suicide note, can I post the link?
========================================
Well, 1. it would depend on the website.
and 2. if it is rumor only, you have just stated it.
and 3. I think this has been reported previously and
found to be not true.

Anyone else?

I would think if there were a suicide note left we would have heard from LE about it. They would have came right out and said it I believe. I heard it as well, I take it for what it is.

I would agree with you Dreamweaver with your post above, it would depend on the link, and a few other things. If the link works here then you could probally link it up and let people read it, but not copy and paste the actual body of the post...did that make any sense ?...

looks like they settled out of court on 3/28/07 with the date that case was originally filed on being: 05/03/05. So that means the accident happened before 05/05 and that there might be some not so happy people who might have some reason to want to see Bobby disappear. Looks like the accident happened in Norman OK. I also found out Bobbys Social security # as well as b day.

Have the Astro's done a chart on this family?

Ok here's my two cents........

1. I think LE should be searching the first property they went to look at for the family. I think whatever happened to them may have happened there and the truck was driven to the 2nd property.

2. We own property and the first thing I want to find is the pins/spikes that mark the land and show the layout.

3. No one installs a security system like the one they had unless there is reason.

4. No one files for a restraining order against their father unless it is needed.

5. No amount of cash has ever been confirmed a substantial amount could be a few thousand dollars meaning 2 or 3.

ok so it was my 5 cents worth. lol

There was a post by someone stating that his brother is with the LE that is involved with the case, and that it was $30,000. FWIW

I was also wondering if there are any psyc. wards in that area of OK?

Sorry about that:

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Marla D. Heflin

Marla D. Heflin, 36, of Gahanna, passed away suddenly Tuesday morning, Sept. 25, 2007, at Mount Carmel East Hospital in Columbus, after a brief illness.

Born Nov. 2, 1970, in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

She was a cosmetologist for Glamour Shots in the late ?80s and early ?90s before becoming a stay home mother to her pride and joy and only child Zachary. Marla?s passion was to nurture and grow her garden.

Preceded in death by her mother-in-law, Patricia (Lombard) Heflin in 1998.

Survived by loving husband of 14 years, Bruce L. Heflin; son, Zachary; mother, Connie (Bowman) Kokotan of Midwest City, Oklahoma; father, Doug Duncan of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; brother, Brent Duncan of Gahanna; sister, Sherilyn Jamison of Eufaula, Oklahoma; father-in-law, Jennings B. ?Jay? Heflin Jr. of Plain City; brothers-in-law, J.B. (Karen) Heflin III of Marysville, Brent (Beth) Heflin of Raymond, Roy Heflin of Marysville; sister-in-law, Teresa (Stan) Russell of Marysville.

A Celebration of Life will be held 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28, 2007, at 9334 state Route 736, Plain City.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Marla Heflin Memorial Fund to be used for educational supplies for needy children ,c/o any National City Bank or to Bruce Heflin.

Arrangements by FERGUSON FUNERAL HOME, 202 E. Main St. (state Route 161 W.), Plain City.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20091025_12_A17_REDOAK533949

"The pickup was parked at a well site, about 30 miles from the family's Eufaula home. Inside the pickup, investigators found Bobby Dale Jamison's wallet, Sherrilynn Jamison's purse, maps, a GPS device, a substantial amount of cash and a cell phone last used Oct. 8.

This caught my attention. Why wasn't there any childs belongings left in the car? Most people have things in their car to keep younger kids occupied on long car rides.

I wouldn't necessarily think that that list was everything they found. It sounds like a list of things that might be significant to the case or unusual to have left in the car. I'm not sure they would have listed toys or books or cds or whatever. For example, most people have a map or two, perhaps a flashlight, some sunglasses, etc, but those weren't listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes