VA - Aveion Lewis, 2, Roanoke, 14 January 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There just aren't words for what these two have done.

I'm so very glad that she will finally get hers. I hope they put her in gen pop and let the other's have their way with her.

I can't exactly explain why Aveion's story has touched me in the way that it did. I myself don't have any children, only a niece and a nephew. But they are the same ages as Aveion and his sister. I see the bond that my niece and nephew have, and they are best friends. If one of them comes to stay with me, or their grandparents over night, one is heartbroken that the other one has gone. They'll ask when the other is coming back, and get a sad look when you tell them tomorrow or the next day.

My biggest concern is for Aveion's sister now. Is she ok? Does her tiny heart hurt now because Aveion hasn't come back? Does she know what "Mommy" and Brandon did? Worst of all... did she see it?

My prayers are with you darling... just as they are with your brother up in heaven.

R.I.P Aveion M. Lewis There will be justice for you little man

Probably so; they certainly didn't hesitate to use her in their hoax.

I double, double this big YES!!!!!!!!

Now the momster will NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND Avieon's services. I feel so much relief about this - I just could not stand the thought that she would be allowed to be there and fake and everything like she didn't know what happened.

Thank you Lord for insuring that this woman can no longer disrespect Avieon as she has done in the past.

Rest Avieon - I think you must have lots of new friends up there. Lady Justice is looking over things down here on earth.

Salem
I agree completely. Thank GOD in heaven she won't be there. And thank God those other babies are out of her grasp.

Roanoke Commonwealth's Attorney Don Caldwell said both mother and stepfather face charges of :

--2nd degree murder, which carries a maximum punishment of up to 40 years in prison;

--Class 4 felony child neglect, which carries a maximum of 2-10 years; and

--Class 6 felony child neglect, which carries a maximum of 1-5 years.

Caldwell said investigators have the toddler's autopsy results from the Medical Examiner's office, but he declined to talk about the evidence in the case.

Caldwell described the case as "complicated" and said that the discovery of Aveion's body provided "a lot of evidence."

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/article/TOTT02GAT_20100301-183802/327622/

OMG!!! They believe he could have been dead as early as Jan 1!!! Wow, I know several of us figured one or two days before the 911 call...but to think the possibility of almost 2 weeks beforehand completely blows my mind...

Didn't anyone miss seeing Aveion???

OMG!!! They believe he could have been dead as early as Jan 1!!! Wow, I know several of us figured one or two days before the 911 call...but to think the possibility of almost 2 weeks beforehand completely blows my mind...

Didn't anyone miss seeing Aveion???

Could it be that the ME wasn't able to pin down the date of death and Jan 1 was the last time someone independent of the family saw little Aveion?

I wonder about how closely they could determine time/date of death as from what I've read, bodies of children decompose (sorry :( ) faster, trauma and infection speed it up too. And then he was tossed in the trash...

I pray there was enough evidence remaining of what these monsters did to that baby to put them away for a LONG time. I'm willing to bet there were fractures. BTW, has it been long enough for tox reports to come back?

Also...

I wonder why they couldn't be charged with conspiracy and obstruction... something --- anything --- to amplify the charges and knock them into a higher sentencing bracket. I wish the DA would get VERY creative.

Yes they do look quite lovely in their stripes...hope they have to wear them for a long, long time.

I'm with you on this.. only my first vote would be that they spent as little time as possible in those stripes.. kwim?

Very interesting. Not only the Jan 1, 2010 dates, but the dates going back to 2007. Hmmmm.... going back to 2007 even though that issue was apparently already before a judge who returned this child to this house of hell. I wonder what creative anything the 2007 dates are for.

I too am glad Momster was FINALLY charged too.
I have more thoughts but will refrain from posting them because they don't involve the persons charged, and my opinion in that area is irrelevant. I don't want to cause the extended family any more greif than they are facing.

I'm just thrilled to know Aveion WILL receive justice! I hope the DA has an iron clad case on both Morgan and Brandon!

Very interesting. Not only the Jan 1, 2010 dates, but the dates going back to 2007. Hmmmm.... going back to 2007 even though that issue was apparently already before a judge who returned this child to this house of hell. I wonder what creative anything the 2007 dates are for.

I too am glad Momster was FINALLY charged too.
I have more thoughts but will refrain from posting them because they don't involve the persons charged, and my opinion in that area is irrelevant. I don't want to cause the extended family any more greif than they are facing.

I'm just thrilled to know Aveion WILL receive justice! I hope the DA has an iron clad case on both Morgan and Brandon!

Going back to January of '07 means they will show proof he was abused from the day he was born :(

I think that was added to help show a pattern of abuse that led to his death, and according to the link, a death due to the commission of a felony is murder.

I am confused and very upset that more charges didn't come down against these two. I've read through this thread again, and it's damned obvious that this was premeditated (the hoax and disposal of his little body). This isn't simply a case of them going too far, killing Aveion and then tossing his body out in a 'panic'.

No.

This cover-up hoax was planned. Mom went to work that day to establish an alibi. BL spoke to a neighbor about mysterious phone calls, created fake email accounts, injured himself (however slightly) and (IMO) tied or somehow restrained/threatened the 4 year old in order to lend credence to his story. I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting at the moment, but EVERYTHING we know about this points to the simple fact that these two spent at least several days planning this "abduction" hoax. How in the world can they NOT be charged with conspiracy to obstruct? Maybe that's not the correct term, but it's certainly a conspiracy and this was certainly premeditated. There HAVE to be some serious charges that can be brought for this.

Considering all of this leaves me with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I am beginning to think that ML has been promised a deal of sorts. She turned herself in. She wasn't picked up. I think she is the one who told the police about BL's comments regarding the alleged 2nd perp and email accounts. Family's seemingly out-of-the-blue comments that she had "changed" after connecting with BL, that BL had her afraid to talk, their descriptions of all the 'typical' abuse victim behaviours, etc. She's going to be portrayed as a victim here, certainly her defense is going to go there, and I am afraid the DA isn't going to push back hard against this in his effort to see that BL takes the brunt of the prosecution.

This makes me ill.

I think she is the one who told the police about BL's comments regarding the alleged 2nd perp and email accounts.

from your post above Calliope. BL was the one who told LE those stories. They were in earlier news articles. I agree putting this all on BL is a crock. I hope it is not to protect anyone from a wrongfull death suit that Aveions biological father might file. Especially since Aveion was neglected almost to the point of death and then later returned to his mother and step father. Can't say the thought didn't cross my mind, whether it is relevant or not.

Things I want to know (and I'm sure others will add to the list):

1. When and where was the last time Aveion was seen by a credible witness NOT connected to ML/BL?

(a) when was his last doctor's appointment? were there signs of any abuse or trauma? was he clean and dressed appropriately for the weather? had his weight remained steady and/or increasing or was he showing signs of losing weight again or of malnutrition? was he showing signs of regressing in any way physically, socially or emotionally as compared to the strides he'd made while in foster care? what were the doc's and nurses' take on ML's interactions with Aveion during the visit? was BL present and if so, what was their take on his interactions with ML and Aveion? what was their take on her (their) level of interest in any suggestions or plan of care for Aveion?

(b) when seen last by a credible, unrelated witness, what did he look like and how did he behave? how did ML/BL behave toward him? how did it compare to how they interacted with the other children?

(c) regarding the supplements he was required to have... when and where were they last purchased? were they purchased on a regular basis? OR... were they provided by an agency, IOW did the parents have to pick it up from *somewhere* and if so, when was the last time they did so?

(d) when is the last time the bio dad saw Aveion and his sister? did HE notice anything out of the ordinary? any injuries (to either child, btw)?

(e) did the oldest child (Aveion's blood-sister) ever make any comments to anyone, even taken now with 20-20 hindsight, that would have or should have indicated ongoing abuse and neglect?

(f) was anyone aware of the burns he suffered? when did this happen? where was he burned? burns take a while to heal, and leave scars... did anyone notice? was he seen at all during this time? it was said they didn't seek medical care for the burns; he would have been ill, possibly infected and certainly in pain. did NO one take notice of this?

2. When and where did they purchase the items used to wrap and discard his body?

(a) were there other items discarded with him? were those items evidence of his abuse? was other household trash included (to make the bundle seem like any other bag of trash---that makes me sick to even type this...)

(b) when was the bag placed in the trash? and where? are there any witnesses to when ML or BL carried this particular bag to the garbage can? had there been any deviation from when they usually put out the trash? IOW, did they normally carry it out every day, every other day, or save it up for trash day and then carry out several bags at once? were they haphazard in getting the can to the curb and on this pickup were they particularly careful to make sure it was set out right? (i know from experience if you don't have it set out just so, they won't push it out so that truck can grab it... but they will take the time to put a sticker on it with a written explanation as to why they didn't pick it up----go figure)

(c) did the trash surrounding where he was found or in the bag he was found indicate when it was thrown away?

(d) what was the usual condition of the apartment? was it normally cluttered as you'd expect with 4 kids, or was it poorly kept/dirty? was it unusually clean after the reported "abduction"? did they purchase an unusual amount of cleaning products in the days prior to the abduction?

3. Did ML go to work that day? (as stupid as they are, I don't think they'd lie about something that can be so readily verified)

(a) how did she behave that day? did she leave early? stay late? watch the clock?

(b) had she missed any time prior to the "abduction"? how was her attendance and behavour at work since Aveion's return to the home?

4. We know BL went to the trouble to set up the circumstances surrounding this hoax. Did ML make any similar comments to co-workers, neighbors, friends or family? did either of them talk about loans or debts owed, threats, suspicious calls or emails, anything to set up a reason why their baby would be taken for ransom?

5. DID CHiP get turned away from the home after his return in September? if so, did they make a report to CPS? if they didn't, why not? if they did, when was it investigated? WAS it investigated?

--------

I have more questions, but that's a start. Please feel free to add your own. I have to take a break because it makes me ill to think about all of this.

from your post above Calliope. BL was the one who told LE those stories. They were in earlier news articles. I agree putting this all on BL is a crock. I hope it is not to protect anyone from a wrongfull death suit that Aveions biological father might file. Especially since Aveion was neglected almost to the point of death and then later returned to his mother and step father. Can't say the thought didn't cross my mind, whether it is relevant or not.

I fear they are going to go easy (easier) on ML and allow her to play the victim, under the thumb and afraid of BL, in order to take the heat away from those authorities, agencies and court officers who clearly didn't do their jobs in protecting this precious child.

If they play the victim card with ML, and (as was alluded to by her family and ex) claim she was somehow afraid of BL then I hope someone asks why, once BL was locked up and facing charges of murder, she didn't come forward and tell all. She had nothing to fear from him at that point. That in and of itself tells me she was as deeply involved in this coverup and hoax as BL.

Oh yeah. Another question.

When were those fake email accounts set up? I think the answers to this and some of the questions above (i.e. when they bought the material he was wrapped in, other trash present in the bag and surrounding it) can pinpoint more closely when he was killed.

6. Did the police search the apartment for evidence that little Aveion's body was kept there for any length of time after his death? did they bring in cadaver dogs to search the apartment, car, yard, etc.

(a) do those (townhouse-style) apartments have any outside storage closets/sheds or attic or crawl spaces?

Dang girl, you're good :clap:

Thanks, but I don't know about that. To me it just shows how hinky* this case has been from the start.

*thanks WS for putting a new word into my vocabulary lol

Calliope, the apartment complex they resided in had dumpsters, not trash cans or individual trash receptacles for each residence. One of the earlier news articles indicated the trash came from trash pick up the week Aveion was reported missing. Remember, LE isolated the trash on Saturday January, 16th. Aveion was reported missing Thursday January 14th, trash pick up according to the City of Roanoke map for Aveions residence was Wednesday January 13th.

great questions! I wonder if Aveion had routine scheduled medical appointments due to his medical condition. I imagine he did to monitor his progress and medical needs. Were his dietary supplements prescription? If so, how often did they need any prescriptions for Aveion refilled? Did ML comply with these doctor appointments both before and after Aveion was returned to her custody or just prior to regaining custody? If they were on state medical insurance, it is likely that medical insurance works like an HMO were Aveion was assigned a primary care physician. One would assume all 4 children had the same pediatrician, it wouldn't make sense to have multiple pediatricians.... Unless Aveions bio father provided medical insurance (that usually happens along with court ordered child support. The non custodial parent is ordered to pay medical insurance for the children if they can, otherwise they are to contribute to the costs of medical)

Even if Aveion wasn't still under routine care of a pediatrician, he was pretty close to having his 36 month annual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288