CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there is a lot of discussion on her 17 y/o bf and I just want to clarify where I'm coming from. I am not judging the family or suggesting HE had something to do with this. No, his age won't help bring Kayleah home. My feelings on this are because she seemed older for her age and was engaging in activities older for her age, we have to take that all into consideration when coming up with possible scenarios.

My dtr will be 11 in two weeks. Our community is much smaller and safer than Kayleahs. I don't let my dtr leave our cul-de-sac unless she is with someone or takes my cell phone. If my dtr went missing -- I really don't think she'd get into a car with a stranger as she is pretty wary of people. I know I wouldn't have to look at older friends with cars. I'd look at the nearby school, parks and skatepark - not have to look at a mall or music store. I wouldn't have to worry about my sons friends because they all think my dtr is annoying (don't tell her, lol!). I wouldn't have to worry about men I may have come across while dating, because I don't. With Kayleah having an "older lifestyle", she may have gotten into a car with a stranger. She easily would've gotten into a car with an older friend or her bro's friend. There are other places she may have gone - movie theater, convenience store, diner, WalMart or decided to go to a different friends house. And with her older bro's friends hanging out at their house and probably men AW was dating, there are sooooo many possibilities. Plus, we don't know if she was aware of the SO's in her neighborhood.

Yeah but the foster parent said she had Kayleah for 9 months? Also, Aprils mother is around... not arguing just trying to figure that part out. I'm not sure it has anything to do with all of this anyway.

Yeah :waitasec: Who knows, huh?

I still stand firm on my belief that the history of Kayleah's family home life & perceived socioeconomic status were what delayed the GPD's belief that they should have treated her disappearance more seriously in the first 48 hours.

This is only speculation on my part but a search of the arrest records here

http://www.weldsheriff.com/apps/dailyArrests/index.cfm

might help determine when Kayleah was in foster care.

Relevant? I don't know. I just know some had asked questions about the when/why.

Thank you for this link, it is very interesting. explains a lot. Also someone posted the list of known sexual predators in the Greeley, I can't find it, could the link be posted again.

Yellow Submarine- you are right about the birthdate not jiving with what has been posted on the social sites. Does anyone have a confirmed birthdate for AW?

i would hope LE all over had learned from Amber's case that they shouldn't make any snap judgements when a child under a certain is reported as missing...I hope the fact that she was associated with a 17-yr old boy did not influence LE either, into delaying a response, but it may have; they may have heard this and determined to wait, that she might have gone off with him or another boy. Even LE are human and subject to preconcieved notions...and it is very hard for LE to have one set plan in place for responding to missing children reports as the cases are always too different from one another.
I do think 12 is young enough to generate highest response, but IMO LE may have judged her at first by how old she looks in photos and a combination of home envirnoment, friends, etc and decided to hold off a day or two.

As far as TES being called in to help as someone suggested, they are very specific, I believe, about when they think they can help and have to have an area to search that is believed to be the last place the person was seen and I don't know if we have that here.

Yeah but the foster parent said she had Kayleah for 9 months? Also, Aprils mother is around... not arguing just trying to figure that part out. I'm not sure it has anything to do with all of this anyway.

I have been wondering why we have not seen the Grandmother or the brothers. Usually the whole family is asking for help or at least in the background for support. Do we know how long she has lived with the family. Maybe she wasn't around in the time Kayleah was in foster care.

I know there is a lot of discussion on her 17 y/o bf and I just want to clarify where I'm coming from. I am not judging the family or suggesting HE had something to do with this. No, his age won't help bring Kayleah home. My feelings on this are because she seemed older for her age and was engaging in activities older for her age, we have to take that all into consideration when coming up with possible scenarios.

My dtr will be 11 in two weeks. Our community is much smaller and safer than Kayleahs. I don't let my dtr leave our cul-de-sac unless she is with someone or takes my cell phone. If my dtr went missing -- I really don't think she'd get into a car with a stranger as she is pretty wary of people. I know I wouldn't have to look at older friends with cars. I'd look at the nearby school, parks and skatepark - not have to look at a mall or music store. I wouldn't have to worry about my sons friends because they all think my dtr is annoying (don't tell her, lol!). I wouldn't have to worry about men I may have come across while dating, because I don't. With Kayleah having an "older lifestyle", she may have gotten into a car with a stranger. She easily would've gotten into a car with an older friend or her bro's friend. There are other places she may have gone - movie theater, convenience store, diner, WalMart or decided to go to a different friends house. And with her older bro's friends hanging out at their house and probably men AW was dating, there are sooooo many possibilities. Plus, we don't know if she was aware of the SO's in her neighborhood.

Sorry to say this - but all that you think you know about your 10yo - will be useless if she should ever be abducted by a child predator (stranger or otherwise). I agree that hitchhiking and getting into just any car makes for a dangerous life - but do we know that Kayleah did this or are you saying she is just more prone to do so because of her previous 17yo boyfriend. TIA

There is an RSO directly east of the apartments south of the Mall (where the party was suppose to be). He's on my hinky meter...Go through the middle school field, and he's over there. I hope the Police look in that area.

Sorry if this was already posted, but... SC's facebook page, indicates that she is on the verge of a breakdown. She can't hide it in much longer. She also says she has pains in her chest... someone asks if something is bothering her, she says a lot actually.

It's not only the RSO's you have to worry about but all the predators out there that have never been arrested. Most will have 50-100plus victims before they are caught.

Sorry if this was already posted, but... SC's facebook page, indicates that she is on the verge of a breakdown. She can't hide it in much longer. She also says she has pains in her chest... someone asks if something is bothering her, she says a lot actually.

Isn't this the same initials/person that someone noted last night had their mood up as "relaxed"? I don't have FB/MS so I can only go by what others here post.

Posse searches for 12-year-old missing girl

Snipped>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Local and national media has generated numerous leads in the case. FBI agents and Greeley police officers are persuing each lead, said FBI spokesman Dave Joly said

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14814866#ixzz0k4Bw8rGo

I just found out my son-in-law's mother's bf for 3 years was arrested in Craig Co for warrants of not registering as a sex offender. She had been with him in Craig for 3 years and never knew he was a SO.

Kayleah Wilson case: Search intensifies as missing Greeley girl becomes Denver FBI's highest priority; police follow up on more than 100 tips
Saturday, April 3, 2010

SNIPPED______________________________________________

Additional photos of Kayleah were provided to the investigators by her friends, and the photos show her appearance has changed since the time her school photo, which was distributed earlier this week, was taken.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100403/NEWS/100409870/1002&parentprofile=1001

This is a good article, it is interesting that Kayleah's friends gave the FBI the additional updated photo's ...:waitasec:

bilde

Kayleah Wilson case: Search intensifies as missing Greeley girl becomes Denver FBI's highest priority; police follow up on more than 100 tips
Saturday, April 3, 2010

SNIPPED______________________________________________

Additional photos of Kayleah were provided to the investigators by her friends, and the photos show her appearance has changed since the time her school photo, which was distributed earlier this week, was taken.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100403/NEWS/100409870/1002&parentprofile=1001

This is a good article, it is interesting that Kayleah's friends gave the FBI the additional updated photo's ...:waitasec:

bilde

If I wanted the most recent pictures of my son when he was a teen, I'd have gone to his friends. With the cell phone cams and their digi-cams, they snap pictures all the time. He's 22 now and I'd still go to his friends. LOL

I am more of an occasion picture taker. Birthdays, holidays, family dinners, etc.

It's all getting jumbled for me, sorry ...but can you give me a clue who SC is? Thanks:banghead:

Police have asked that if you see the inhaler - DO NOT TOUCH IT - LE want to get fingerprints and other info from it. Please call it in right away.

Is there anyone willing to put together a picture with Kayleah, the red inhaler, and her description along with what she was last seen wearing? THANKS to anyone who is great with manipulating pics. darlingal or rubyred?

Thanks for bringing this picture over RubyRed - I just brought the link saying what she was wearing - Compliments of Spamelope post # 693 Thread #1

Here ya go:

Kayleah Wilson

The 12-year-old is described as 5-foot, 1-inch tall, 145 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. She was last seen on Sunday wearing a white and pink shirt over a white tank top, blue jeans and white and red shoes.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14812215#ixzz0k2vbMUE7

Ruby or darlin or someone awesome with pictures - is there any way you could put a picture of Kayleah alongside her asthma inhaler with this description of what she was wearing? I would appreciate it so much - that way when I pull all that info forward, it will be in one neat pic. THANKS IN ADVANCE! :blowkiss:

sfjyc0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member