Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 3 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there is a McDonalds located INSIDE the Elyria, Ohio, Walmart Supercenter.

I would bet that this is the one where he stopped. Elyria Walmart Supercenter. Small enough town, close to the interstate, has a McDonalds inside. Open 24/7...

And close (within 40 miles) to the Pickerel Creek Wildlife Preserve, which is very very sparsely populated.

THIS MAP shows all of this.

His MS says he went to Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo and that he has a Bachelor's degree in Biology or something like that...IIRC

Apparently, he never finished his studies and received his degree. Under graduated, he has N/A.

This is a summary of the time line for the search warrants:

Truck: Warrant issued 30 April 2.49 PM, executed 5 May 8.35 PM (but the evidence only gathered the following day at ~4.53 PM)
Car: Warrant issued 5 May 11.05 AM, executed 5 May 1.36 PM
Home: Warrant issued 5 May 6.25 PM, executed 5 May 6.57 PM
Person: Warrant issued 5 May 6.12 PM, executed 5 May 7.05 PM

So, they searched the car first, then him and his home, then the truck last, even though the warrant for that was issued 5 days before.

Whatever evidence they gathered from the truck couldn't have been used as probable cause for the home search because it hadn't been done yet.

They don't mention anything about taking other evidence such as tread imprints, dirt, insects and other things which could tie the vehicle directly to the scene. Why is that? Those are things which they stated as being possibly relevant and some of which are in the list of things they were looking for.

Other than two sets of duct/packing tape, all of the items taken from the house were some sort of recording device (voice recorders, computers, data sticks, video tapes). Oh, and a two year pass to Busch Gardens (how could that be relevant?)

The things you might expect to be taken in a potential abduction/murder investigation (such as clothing, cell phones, telephone messaging systems, potential weapons etc) were not taken.

I can't help thinking that this isn't a complete search. I would guess that they will have to do additional ones.

His MS says he went to Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo and that he has a Bachelor's degree in Biology or something like that...IIRC

Going to college doesnt mean you are going to be any more sensible than anyone else.

swsynopsis.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...s Stewart/?action=view&current=swsynopsis.jpg

Round trip could be made in 22 hours and 58 minutes.

Just playing around with a timeline from the 25th through the 26th April:

1) Calls kids at 8. Talks five minutes or so.
2) Has truck loaded, heads out at 8:15.
3) Stops at Walmart in Elyria, Ohio, at 3:15AM, buys his murder kit and a Powerade.
4) Buys gas (pays at pump) and then back on the road at 3:50, arrives at Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area at 4:40. Spends 20 minutes prepping grave.
5) Back on Road 5:00AM, arrives in Colon on Driftwood and parks behind the treeline in the field across from the Mccombs' driveway at 7:30AM. Gets out, and sneaks to behind the shed where he can't be seen by anyone from the house or the road.

Intermission--plans to wait, watch, eventually she'll come out... His luck...mom is already gone. Dad's there, though... Hmmm.... watching and ....

Lo and behold, his target walks out of the house ALONE at 7:45 AM.

7:45 AM, Doug grabs Venus from behind, and she's kicking and screaming as he drags her to the truck. He binds her, and duct tapes her mouth. Then he kills her in the bed of the truck--maybe he stabs her--then wraps her in the tarp, and binds the tarp with the nylon rope. Accomplishes all of this in fifteen minutes. He's working on adrenaline and can't believe that he's actually already got his target in the bed of the truck! He covers her tarped body with junk in the back of the truck so that it's not obvious he's carrying a corpse. Then...

8:00AM - Back on the road, with his target in the bed. No stops, not now!

10:00AM - Arrives at Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area, dumps Venus, quickly covers her, and then puts limbs and other debris on top of the grave.

10:30AM - back on the road. Adrenaline has sapped his energy, so he needs some food and caffeine... He saw a Mickey D's in Elyria, so...

11:15AM - cruises through Elyria McDonald's drive through, and also grabs some gas at the pay at the pump station that he visited hours ago.

11:45 AM - back on the highway, headed for home.

8:30 PM - arrives back in Newport, but can't leave the truck at the bldg because he's got to give it a good going over. He leaves them a couple blocks away, and then walks to his apartment to see if anything's up yet, with intention of going back to check the vehicle. Oh $hit! He's got calls on his answering machine from MSP! Goes down, gets in the Mercury, rides back over to the truck, checks it quickly, and in the meantime transferring blood from the truck bed to the side of the Mercury without noticing. He throws the item in the back of the truck with blood on it into the back floorboard of the Mercury, and he heads to the restaurant dumpster at one of his delivery spots, and tosses the bloody evidence. Comes back to the truck, parks the mercury, and then wipes down the truck as quickly as he can. Walks back to his apartment.

10:00 PM - "Why no, officer, I haven't seen her. Oh, that's awful. I hope you find her. No, I've been around here all day. You can ask my apartment manager. I haven't even left the building. I must have missed your call and knock... I was in the shower. Sorry about that."

Anyway, just to show it can be done. Locations are just guesses and are based on nothing factual. Just how it might have happened.

That is misleading. The Dodge evidence was gathered on May 6.

The dates in the list were done hastily and only represent the dates displayed on the warrants, as in when they were granted.

I was rushing out a transcript as quickly as possible. I've also misspelled floorboard ten times...oops.

The dates in the list were done hastily and only represent the dates displayed on the warrants, as in when they were granted.

I was rushing out a transcript as quickly as possible. I've also misspelled floorboard ten times...oops.

Thank You for doing it. It's the thought that counts.

Thank You for doing it. It's the thought that counts.

Awww... thanks. I was trying to be helpful. I'll go back and fix it so that anyone who is unable to read the warrants for themselves and make their own list won't complain.

I think your theory is worth a lot FWIW. lol
Makes sense and could have very well happened that way.

Thanks. I wonder too if LE wasn't playing a bit of cat and mouse by not letting on that they knew where his truck was all along while at the same time making it clear to him he was being watched. He knew he'd have to bring the truck back to his apartment, but how to make sure all potential evidence was gone?

ETA: I think it was on forensic files... not sure... but anywho there was this guy who had a "solid" alibi that proved he was nowhere near the crime scene. Problem is, his alibi was a little too neat, KWIM? He had receipts for places and activities that people just don't normally keep, he was able to account for virtually every second of that day. It raised LE's suspicions and they begun to dig deeper and found that he WAS responsible. I wonder if DS had done something like that too, having an alibi that was just too good to be true IOW.

Yep, and Wallyland has the very very best cameras inside the store and on the parking lot. Hes burnt toast.

I want to know which state he will be tried in, Michigan no dp or Virginia with dp.

Michigan most likely, unless they can prove she was killed in VA. I wonder how long WalMart keeps their videos. That worries me a bit.

What do you make of TM's interview saying that the blood in the vehicles belongs to DS?

This is yet another reason why NG should have kept her mouth shut and allowed LE to release this information when they were ready. Now you have family members tossing hearsay into the mix. His defense attorney must be loving this...

I don't know... someone who goes to that extent to plan all this, right down to establishing a "solid" alibi ahead of time and having a lawyer in place from the start doesn't strike me as someone stupid enough to forget such damning evidence. IMO a second person involved, especially if he has no obvious connection to DS, wouldn't necessarily feel the need to be so careful. I think DS simply wasn't able to figure out a way to clear out the truck without LE knowing what he was doing.

The dude is a pig, regardless. All the crap on that floorboard? Jeez. He didn't even TRY to clean out the truck. Mickey D's junk, powerade bottle...

Which makes me wonder...if any of those Ohio WMs are near MCDs.

Here McD's are located inside Walmarts.

Search Warrants issued on Douglas Harrie Stewart's person, home, and vehicles:

Virginia State Code § 18.2-47. Abduction and kidnapping defined; punishment:

A. Any person who, by force, intimidation or deception, and without legal justification or excuse, seizes, takes, transports, detains or secretes another person with the intent to deprive such other person of his personal liberty or to withhold or conceal him from any person, authority or institution lawfully entitled to his charge, shall be deemed guilty of "abduction."

Virginia State Code § 18.2-49. Threatening, attempting or assisting in such abduction:

Any person who (1) threatens, or attempts, to abduct any other person with intent to extort money, or pecuniary benefit, or (2) assists or aids in the abduction of, or threatens to abduct, any person with the intent to defile such person, or (3) assists or aids in the abduction of, or threatens to abduct, any female under sixteen years of age for the purpose of concubinage or prostitution, shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony.

Search Warrant on person of Douglas Harrie Stewart, WM, DOB 03/20/81, 377-98-4488:
Signed by Magistrate: 5/5/10 at 18:12 hrs.
Executed by MPD Espinoza:5/5/10 at 19:05
Signed by MPD Espinoza: 5/7/10
Filed: 5/7/10 at 15:33 Newport News Circuit Ct.

Taken:

• 1) fingerprints
  • 2) palm prints
  • 3) Two (2) buccal swabs

Search Warrant for Doug's apartment:
Signed by Magistrate: 5/5/10 at 18:25
Executed by MPD Filer: 5/5/10 at 18:57
Signed by MSP Espinoza: 5/7/10
Filed: 5/7/10 at 14:30 Newport News Circuit Ct.

Targeted address: 2601 West Avenue, Apartment 907, Newport News, VA
Looking for:

• grey tee shirt
  • brown slip-on shoes
  • tarp
  • pajama bottoms
  • documents supporting Douglas Stewart was in, or en-route from, Michigan at the time in question
  • computer
  • audio cassette tapes
  • and any evidence related to the abduction of Venus

Items seized:

• 1) orange Dell computer, laptop
  • 2) black Compaq computer, laptop
  • 3) Logitech thumbdrive
  • 4) Sandisk thumbdrive
  • 5) one roll of duct tape
  • 6) Busch Garden 2-year 2-park pass
  • 7) Two (2) Sony video discs
  • 8) one roll of brown packing tape
  • 9) RCA digital voice recorder VR5220
  • 10) RCA digital voice recorder 266M

Dodge Search Warrant:
Signed by Magistrate: 4/30/10 at 14:49
Executed by MSP Espinoza: 5/5/10 at 20:35
Processed by JAL/TF (collection of evidence): (Dodge) 5/6/10;(Mercury) 5/5/10
Signed by MPS D/S Shane Criger: 5/6/10 at 16:53
Filed: 5/7/10 at 14:33 in Newport News Circuit Ct.

Items seized, evidence gathered:

• L6 - Apparent blood stain - swab from driver's front interior side door, above door handle
  • L7 - Seven swabs from truck bed liner
  • L8 - Swab of steering wheel
  • L9 - 11 pieces of chewed gum red and green in paper from ashtray
  • L10 - cellophane wrapper from ashtray
  • L11 - left glove from front passenger floorboard
  • L12 - right glove from front passenger floorboard
  • L13 - Powerade bottle, front passenger floorboard
  • L14 - McDonalds cup/lid, straw front passenger floorboard
  • L15 - Ten-piece McChicken box front passenger floorboard
  • L16 - Pr. of Black Brahma shoes, front pass floorboard
  • L17 - poly rope from truck bed
  • L18 - poly twine from cleat in truck bed
  • L19 - poly twine from tailgate bolt
  • L20 - Mastercard debit card from passenger seat
  • L21 - Walmart receipt - gloves hat tarp shovel - front pass floorboard
  • L22 - Two (2) Trident gum packages, front driver side door pouch and cellophane package
  • L23 - Lint tape front driver seat
  • L24 - Lint tape front passenger seat
  • L25 - Lint tape rear driver seat
  • L26 - Lint tape rear passenger seat
  • L27 - Brahma brand shoe box - rear seat
  • L28 - Miscellaneous papers - rear seat driver side
  • L29 - Receipt - center console - Mercury Sable
  • L30 - Misc papers - front seat - Mercury Sable
  • L31 - Garmin GPS - Mercury Sable

Mercury Search Warrant:
Signed by Magistrate: 5/5/10 at 11:10 hrs.
Executed by MSP Espinoza: 5/5/10 at 13:36
Processed: 5/5/10 at 16:53 by TAL
Filed: 5/7/10 at 14:37

Evidence seized:

• L1 - Apparent blood stain, red/brown, swab from rear driver's side floorboard
  • L2 - Lint tape from driver side rear
  • L3 - Lint tape from passenger side rear
  • L4 - Lint tape from passenger side front
  • L5 - Lint tape from driver side front

Odd that they didn't specify that in the list of items attached to the search warrant, though.

If it goes like it did in the Caylee Anthony case, it's been assigned an evidence number, and eventually we'll see copies of it.

I'm just guessing that a reporter asked a detective where the receipt was from, and he probably told her. I don't think anyone outside of LE has seen the receipt yet.

It's such a huge piece of evidence, if I were the D/S who found it, I'd remember... ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie